Thalia, during the day of the invasion by the Stratocracy of Stanislav.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Libera me, Domine, de morte æterna, in die illa tremenda - Deliver me, O Lord, from death eternal on that fearful day,

Glorious was she, ever so bright, the beauty and legacy of Thalia. Great Thalia! Thalia Patriae! Everlasting Republic of the People! She was all of those things and more.

Atanalcar Inziladûn son of Elendil and Tindómiel, recently promoted recruit now a Thalian Cavalier, beamed with patriotic love and happiness of having been promoted,. Young Atanalcar hoped that this was now the time where he would be sent to the Thalia's borders and helped defend his beloved country from barbarians and bandits, but for now he was content to dwell within the magnificent and breathtaking beauty that is Thalia and visit his parents to tell them the good news, he rode atop his horse Felaróf and sally forth back home.

"Ada! Ina! I have returned and bring good tidings for us all!" Atanalcar entered the large manorial estate after putting Felaróf in the stables, his parents owned it and he found them by the garden section tending to the flowers his mother loved, they were hard working citizens of Thalia, devoted to their Country and Goddess of which they cherish the most. To the Inziladûn's Thalia was a beacon of Hope and Civilization that could help usher in world peace under her banner and of the Goddess, this was most evident to their religious nature as they went to the temples of Goddess to offer her thanks and ask for her blessing, and did she blessed them.

"What news to you bare, Atana?" His father Elendil Inziladûn inquired as he enveloped his son in a warm hug, an old man yet still full of vigor and stamina, with a beard of grey and ebony hair long with a mix of white, his blue eyes stared at his own blue's. "Yes Atana, what news do you bare us that has gotten you all brighten up?" Tindómiel Inziladûn went up and cupped her hands to her son's cheeks and brought low so that her lips met with his forehead, she was lovely yet age is visibly, with her golden braided hair now mixed with white colored hair and wrinkles in her once illecebrous face. "Ada! Ina! I have been promoted to Cavalier. no longer I, Atanalcar, will be know as recruit; but as Cavalier henceforth." He announced with a prideful tone and to effect beat his chest to further capture the feeling of pride.

"That's wonderful news, Atan!" His father enveloped in a hug that Atanalcar thought break his armor, for an old man, he still retained his strength during his time as Knight of Thalia. "That's not wonderful . . . that's horrible!" His mother detested having Atanalcar in the frontlines, she didn't want her child to end up returning as a corpse and once a long time forbade Atanalcar from joining the Knighthood. But his father managed to convince her to allow him to join, since it was going to be a 'family business' as he put it lightly.

"Ina . . . don't you want me to bring glory to our republic? My blood yearns for to give our Goddess praise, my heart beats for the giving of glory to Thalia!" Atanalcar tried to convince his mother whom was about to retort when a newcomer came in and interrupted the conversation.

"BROTHER!!" Mairen Inziladûn, Atanalcar's only sibling, tackled her brother to the dirt which surprised her brother a bit because he thought that her tiny frame couldn't bring him down. "YOU'RE BACK, WHEN ARE WE GOING TO PLAY SWORDS AGAIN?!" Mairen inherited Elendil's hair and Tindómiel's emerald eyes, Mairen was just a young girl of the age of 17. She had the determination of her mother and the persistent nature of her father.

"Little Mairen, if you would like we could play tomorrow at first light of dawn, I'll even show you a dazzling new trick I made" Atanlcar said to his sister whom responded with a cry of joy and hugged him a little more.

"Children, this is the garden, go back inside and do your shenanigans there!" Tindómiel's strict voice quickly sends the two in a huff and inside the estate. She sighs heavily as her husband placed a hand on her shoulder. "Our Children grow up so fast, don't they my love?" He chuckled at the memory of when Atanalcar was young and told him he wanted to like his father, then came forth Mairen whom made his heart gaily than ever. "Indeed my love, but I am happy on what they will be . . . regardless of their choice of profession." She said as she took her husband's hand and leaned him in to kiss. "Come, let's attend to the Children before they might do something reckless" she said "I agree with you there, my love."

The family spent the day in the open courtyard where they ate and spent the day in each other's company and to Atanalcar, it was everything he wanted and wished that this day never end . . .

"What was that?" Mairen asked and looked around as she heard someone screamed in the distance, Elendil and Atanalcar quickly stood up and heard mass screaming in the streets. "Tindómiel, get Mairen and hide." Tindómiel quickly took Mairen with her and went inside the estate to hide, clearly something bad was going on as Atanalcar could hear the song of swords colliding with flesh. "A-Ada w-we're being attacked?!" Atanalcar said in disbelief, no one could have invaded Thalia unless they defeated the border garrisons but even if that happened Thalia would have been notified of an invasion and they can quickly be prepared. "Come with me, son!" Atanalcar and Elendil went inside the estate and head up to Elendil's locked room, he opened it with a key and revealed a room with a set of armor and a pair of swords.

"Help me get this on!" Atanalcar helped his father get suited with his former knight armor which was a little rusty with haste, Elendil pointed at the two swords and Atanalcar took it and gave his father his signature sword, Hruthing, and headed outside the estate with all speed.

They saw was chaos, the bandits were wreaking the capital. Slicing, hacking, and burning everything on their path all the while slaughtering the peaceful people of Thalia, all of which were all defenseless.

"BASTARDS! YOU DARE SLAY INNOCENT'S!" Elendil scream with great rage, he charged in with Hruthing in hand and caught a bandit in surprised, Elendil proceeded to unceremoniously behead the dazzled bandit before moving on to his next victim. Atanalcar joined in the fray with his father, hacking bandit after bandit while screaming "THAILA FIDES!"

Dum veneris iudicare saeculum per ignem - When thou shalt come to judge the world by fire.

It happened so fast, the chaos happening around him, people running away to save their lives while bandits charging in with murderous glee. Atanalcar looked around, covered in blood of his and the enemies, clutching to his wounded side. He had been fighting for over an hour now, separated from the his father in the heat of battle, he tried to evacuate as many civilians as he can. He winced in pain as he tried to move, he was a naive fool to fight honorable against honorless barbarians, while engaging with two bandits at the same time one came upon from his behind and stabbed him in a dagger, luckily the bandit who did the deed was sloppy and gave him a 'flesh wound' and he was able to kill all three.

"Father!" He called out amidst the sea of screams and fire, Thalia was burning, her beauty now raped by barbarians that came out of nowhere. He grabbed his head, the noise and screams of agony and pain was deafening and the feeling of powerlessness overwhelmed his spirit, he didn't want to believe what was happening, why was Thalia being invaded? She was a peaceful country beloved by the goddess, whom wanted peace and prosperity for all, why was this happening to his people and why was he so helpless? He fell to his knees with the sword as a support, the weight of his thoughts and feelings began to weigh in him.

"HAVE AT IT THEE!" It was a voice, a familiar voice, still defiant still like the boulders against the harsh wind. "A-Ada . . . FATHER!" Atanalcar called out to his father, he tried to stand up but even that was now a challenge. His wound was not doing him any better and if he hadn't had this patched up, he might die from blood loss. But he didn't care as he grabbed his sword and went to the location of voice.

He saw his father, standing defiantly against the horde of barbarians with his left arm gone and blood covering his entire being as he defend their estate, he looked below his father saw corpses of Thalians and bandit alike littered around him.

"As long as there is one Thalian left standing, the light of Thalia burns ever bright!" His father shouted defiantly, raising his sword up high and was about to charge until he was mowed down by arrows. His father lay in the ground , still breathing but only barely, one bandit came up to him with the intent of finishing him. "T-THALIA FIDES!!" Elendil cried one last time and was pierced in the heart, ending his life.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!" Atancalar howled and without thinking charged into the fray of countless bandits, the feeling of pain and fatigue from his mind. He was quickly intercepted by two charging bandits with spear whom struck him in both his shoulder bones, he was then pinned into submission and the adrenaline and analgesia now gone. Atanaclar tried to fight but the spears were barbed and gave him immense pain as he tried to move, the two bandits kicked him whether he tried to fight back. He heard cries and whimper inside the estate and it sudden;y dawned unto him that there were innocent civilians there and his father was trying to protect them.

"P-p-Please . . . le-let them live! The-They are defenseless!" Atanaclar pleaded with the bandits, one of them approached them and grabbed him by the hair and said to him "No mercy!" the bandit then signaled the archers whom tipped their arrows with fire and began firing it at the estate, causing it burn and fire began to spread around the estate.

"Guard the entrance, anyone getting out is to be killed!" As if on cue, people were running away from the estate and were now being mowed down like cattle, Atanaclar couldn't do anything but looked at the massacre occurring before him. Then two familiar figures appeared in his vision. Mairen and Tindómiel, "MAIREN . . . INA!!" Atanaclar shouted, screamed, howled for his sister and mother as he watched his sister and mother riddled with arrows. As the last of the civilians exiting the estate lay dead, the other bandits dispersed around the area looking for more kill. Atanaclar at that moment and day broke and silent swore to the goddess that those who did this will die painfully by his hands.

Dies illa, dies iræ, calamitatis et miseriæ, dies magna et amara valde. - That day, day of wrath, calamity and misery, day of great and exceeding bitterness.

Atanaclar laughed maniacally all of sudden, confusing the bandits pining him down, the two bandits were taken by surprised when Atanaclar did a leg sweep and caught the two, he was so quick that when the two bandits guarding him stood up Atanaclar was now looking at them with a smile on his face and two spear in hand. "W-what?? H-how?" one of the bandit asked himself and soon found himself being skewered by his own spear, while the other bandit tried to run, Atanaclar threw the spear like a javelin and successfully killed the target.

"W-what Thalian [FONT=Marcellus, serif]sorcery is this?" The main bandit said, disbelief dripped in his tone, Atanaclar laughed maniacally causing the main bandit to strike him with his sword. It hit right at Atanaclar's shoulder blade but he didn't stop laughing and was like totally unphased by it, this caught the bandit offguard as Atanaclar quickly grabbed his head and insert his two thumbs into the bandit's eye sockets, blinding him in the process. The bandit screamed in agony and fell to his knees, his hands covering his eyes, Atanaclar quickly clutched the Bandit's neck and choked him to death, Atanaclar then took the sword out of his shoulder blade and shoved it deep into the bandits throat.[/FONT]

[FONT=Marcellus, serif]After killing the bandits, Atanaclar looked around and saw the Thalia he loved burning, the Family he cherished lay dead beneath his feet, but Atanaclar kept on laughing maniacally. "BLOOD . . . BLOOD . . . I NEED BLOOD!" Atanaclar spread the blood of his enemies all over his face and saw the dripping blood spewing forth from the dead bandit and began to lick it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Marcellus, serif]After drinking considerable amounts of blood of dead bandits, Atanaclar began to get hazy and grabbed his head. He smirked to himself and laughed gleefully "I . . . I am Gorthaur" He said to himself and fainted, surrounded by the bodies of dead, all of whom are screaming in the void.[/FONT]

Requiem æternam dona eis, Domine: et lux perpetua luceat eis. - Rest eternal grant unto them, O Lord: and let light perpetual shine upon them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Days later after the sacking of Thalia, in the border of Eshil, some forest in the south

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listen to my voice calling you, calling you out of darkness

Atanaclar woke up to the rough start, it was that memory again, ever since that faithful day when Thalia fell., when his faithful mount somehow managed to drag him out of the capital. There was something in Atanaclar that woke up and everyday since then he tried to control it, Atanaclar feared this 'person' for it was the very antithesis of himself. It was a demon, he thought to himself, sent by the goddess as a punishment for his failure to defend his country.

Atanaclar now wanders aimlessly, atop Felaróf, in the wilds of Eshil. He was trying to stay away from people because of his sickness, the other Atanaclar kept trying to hijack his body and do unspeakable blasphemous things. He sighed heavily, the wounds were still fresh but they healed to a degree. Atanaclar now was trying to find purpose in his life, he refused to give up but he now has to fight not only those responsible for the death and capture of his country but also himself.

• Love
Reactions: Takumi and Falcon
Eshil
Village of Abelsol

Upon asked about the note, Jebei without looking in his direction gave the paper to Gravil. “It’s the name of my horse brother Temüjin. She knows it by now.” He explained during their walk to the sables. When they entered the nomad went straight over to Temüjin who neigh at his appprch.

“Well old friend has Reina came by here?” Jebei asked as he patted the mount’s neck. Temüjin stomped on the ground twice with the right hove which the young rider translated it as an acknowledgement. As further proof Gavril and Jebei would noticed the strand of blue hair on the horse. Inwardly relieved, Jebei thank his four legged companion with a nod of gradtiude. Subsequently a new problem surfaced in his mind.

Where does the trail lead to?

As if waiting for the right moment, a little boy appeared behind the duo, catching their attention. “The blue haired lady is staying at the Landed Lighthouse, it’s in the middle of town, you can’t miss it.” The lad answered and ran off before the knight and nomad could question him. Sighing, Jebei remarked.

“Best we head that way or something else will happen.”

The small party would then head for their new destination. As they did so Jebei pulled out his bow with in one hand, ready for trouble, eyeing the streets around them with great caution.

“Someone must be keeping her but who exactly and why? If it was a hired killer, she wouldn’t had time to write that one letter note. Could be someone holding her for ransom for we all know.” Jebei pondered out-loud before looking in Gavril’s direction. “Assuming that is the case I hope you have good coin or we’ve had to free Reina by bloodshed.”

Finally they came to the Landed Lighthouse and using his tracking skills to Jebei continued advancing toward the spot where Reina, Korwin and their prisoner were staying.

Last edited:
Gavril Daulfern
Mentions -

He took the sheet of paper and eyed the word, recognizing the fancy scripture as Reina's handwriting. What sort of kidnappers allowed Reina to write the name of her companion's horse on paper. If she had been kidnapped, then wouldn't they have not left a single trace from her? It baffled him a bit, but he'd spent a week tracking his charge down already. Finding her again when the kidnappers did not have time to clean up after themselves would be easy.

The knight tucked the note into one of his pouches, not wanting to leave it behind just in case there was more to it than met the eye.

They approached the stables, where Gavril could see the strand of blue in Temüjin's mane. At the sight of it, he let out a sigh, but not of relief.

"She is safe, or at least with someone she feels she can be safe with. We must hurry."

Gavril knew his charge was far too trusting for her own good. The note and the braid, though signs of wellness, still meant nothing to Gavril until he saw Lady Reina alive and unharmed.

For all he knew, the person could have lulled her into a false sense of security before taking her to wherever she was...

Was Lady Reina trying to give him a heart attack? Was he going to have to guard her while she slept and even when she relieved herself if it meant keeping her safe?

Damn it all, her father trusted him to keep her alive and yet he was failing his duties!

He'd have to keep a sharper eye on Lady Reina. In honor of her father's wishes, down to his last breath, he had to protect her from even herself it seemed... At least until Lady Reina issued a formal command resigning him of his retainer duties.

Gods, he had yet to tell her the news as well. Hopefully he could tell her in private when he found her again. Hopefully alive...

The child in rags told them her whereabouts, and Gavril was quick to mount Ecru and follow the tracks left behind. With Jebei's tracking skills as well as his own, finding the Landed Lighthouse was much easier than if Gavril had been alone.

"Where is she?" He asked, more to himself than the others as he dismounted then hitched Ecru where he could.

Ludivine Daulfern
Mentions -

Ludivine waited patiently, clicking her tongue until she heard the heavy stomps and leaves crunching. Her wyvern cut through a leafy path and approached her with his kill still fresh in his mouth, the deer's lower half still dangling out of Fosc's teeth. Within a second, Fosc snatched the rest of the kill into his mouth, crunching down on the bones until his meal was finished. His rider smiled at him and took his head in her hands, cooing gently at him in praise. Ludivine rummaged through one of her pouches to take out a handkerchief to wipe the deer's blood off his mouth.

"Good boy. You must have been so hungry from our trip..." She told the wyvern, who seemed to croon in her touch. "I'm so sorry dear... I've been pushing you too hard, haven't I?"

Ludivine reached into one of her wyvern's carry ons and took out some ration squares and her canteen. They were tan in color and were bitter to the taste, but they were packed with nutrients necessary for survival. A warrior could not be too picky...

After eating a few to settle her rumbling stomach and drinking some water, Ludivine searched her packs diligently for anything she could use to carry her armor. She needed to have easy access to it without fear of it falling. She could have sworn she packed something to disguise herself for these moments, but alas, her carry ons came up short.

Princess Reina had gone into the city and they would certainly not welcome an armed Stanislavian soldier and her wyvern. Ludivine would have to take to the skies with Fosc and watch for a white pegasus, or she could find an appropriate place to camp and track her down again after brief rest... Though this time it may be easier since hiding a pegasus would be much more difficult than hiding a person. But, it ran the risk of losing the princess completely if her followers wised up and covered their trail... No, they'd have no choice. Gavril was a knight of Thalia judging by his armor. If he had come to protect the princess, then that would be where his focus lied. No knight was perfect, and thus, he'd make some sort of mistake. That bowman, 'less he were a fugitive on the run, would not cover his tracks either. He had not done so when he encountered Reina.

Ludivine decided that she could allow Fosc and herself some rest, only for a few hours. She was on Reina's trail now. Once she turned her in for questioning, it would all be over...

She took her wyvern further into the forest, off the main trail towards an acceptable camping location. Ludivine made a fire pit with some dry sticks and some stone to keep the flames from spreading, then made brief work on a small fire to keep herself warm during the evening. Fosc curled up around the camp with his rider taking a seat at his side, resting against him.

Ludivine kept her lance close and eyes sharp, watching for danger while her beloved wyvern got some rest. Her thoughts were free to run wild now, having no one but herself to communicate with in the dead of evening...

The screams of terror, the bloodshed, and the fear of the Thalian citizens was still fresh on her mind. The innocents who had done nothing but live their days as they would, perished at the hands of her comrades. The dirt, stained with the blood of its citizens and the attackers. Cries and maniac laughter still echoed in her ears. Despite she being so high up in the skies, searching for princess Reina, she was equally responsible for the lives lost the day of the attack...

She was fighting for her homeland, for her patriotic duty as a Stanislavian, and for a better life. The higher in rank she rose, the better she and her future family would live... It would all be worth it in the end, wouldn't it?

Her father told her every day, since the moment she held a bladed weapon, that a proud Stanislavian commander would be treated equivalent to royalty in their homeland. No other occupation, from border to border, would be as respectable as a soldier that fought to keep Stanislav alive and powerful.

But at the cost the innocent lives of Thalia...?

Ludivine felt the corners of her lips tug, and warm tears run down her cheeks. She ran a hand through her hair to brush the bangs away from her face, wound her hand back, then slapped herself hard.

This was the way of life of a soldier. Her father had trained her for as long as she could remember to become an amazing warrior for her homeland. Ludivine sacrificed her pathetic hobby to dedicate her life to becoming the model soldier Stanislav deserved. She was born to be where she was right now. She was lucky. She would do great things with her life... So long as she kept to her assignments, Ludivine would become what her father always told her she would...

It would all be worth it in the end... right?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the Border of Eshil, away from Thalia.
Forest by the South

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

🎶 Here the Devil's cry of sin, Always turn your back on him...

Atanaclar strode throughout at dense and heavy forest of Eshil in the south, atop the pale horse Felaróf. The cavalier was deep in thought and was engaged in an introspectal debate within himself, something dark was within him. He could feel it deep inside, it was like the feeling of insects inside you wanting to crawl out but couldn't. It was deeply bothering him and the fall of Thalia didn't help in raising his mind and vigor, what he knew about this 'other self' is that it emerged during the burning of the estate and murdered the bandits that defeated him and even drank the blood of his enemies. Atanaclar knows this because he sees it, he was like a passenger unable to do anything but watch his body commit horrible and dishonorable deeds and sacrilegious acts. Secondly this 'other self' has a name; Gorthaur. Atanaclar's name meaning "Man glory" of which fitted his personality, Atanaclar was a Man of Thalia whom fought for the glory, brilliance and splendor, of the radiant Thalia.

But this Gorthaur has a sinister meaning; 'Dread Abomination' and he didn't like it, Atanaclar fears this Gorthaur but somewhat views the presences as a punishment from the Goddess.

"It was at this moment I knew, the Goddess was real . . . and she hated me!" Gorthaur snarled, he has heard the thoughts of Atanaclar and was angered, he took momentary control of his body and said "Is this how you repay me for saving our skin, with spite and hate?" Atanaclar regained control and said "You only did so to save yourself, I would rather had die on the day than live today in shame and anguish!" Gorthaur quickly took control of his body. "Pathetic scum, I would rather have us die in the blood of Stanislavians than like a weakling . . . I demand Blood! I demand Death!". "Why are you doing this? Are you my punishment from on High? Are you my sin manifested?" Atanaclar asked Gorthaur, his voice weak and tears ready to flow down to his dirtied cheeks.

"I am punishment for those that did wrong, beast am I! Vicious and unrelenting, grim and unforgiving, they will fear my swords, Bonebreaker! Widowmaker! I will bide my time, my sweet revenge and soon my shackles shalt be loose and I shalt be free!" The birds flee up to the sky and the wildlife fled from the menacing proclamation. "Goddess . . . hear my plight! help me have the strength to overcome this evil in me, I humbly pray!" Atanaclar prayed to the Goddess of Thalia. "The Goddess cannot hear your plight, you are with me now, till death!" Gorthaur spoke within the recess of his mind, he didn't took control of him but Atanaclar knew sooner or later that he will do so again.

🎶 With the wind you go. Still I dream of your spirit, leading you back home

Atanaclar had Felaróf stopped, he could hear something or someone, he disembarked from Felaróf and tried to make sense of what he his hearing.

"Hurry up! move slaves!" a gruffed voice shouted and was followed by the sound of a whip. Atanaclar hid behind a huge tree with Felaróf at his side, he saw from a distance a caravan of bandits with prisoners taken in line, roped around the neck and around the arms, they were bandits engaging in a slave trade. Atanaclar wanted to avoid confrontation since he was still wounded but his cavalier and Thalian blood demands that he free the slaves. "Stay here!" He said to Felaróf whom faithfully followed his command and sat down to rest from the long travel while Atanaclar rescue the slaves.

He quietly moved through the dense forest and near to the caravan, using the loud noise the caravan's wheels were making to mask himself. In his left hip was sheathed Hruthing, his father's sword, which he brought with him as he escaped from the city. "Alright, let's give the slave a reprieve, you're all useless dead so get some rest!" The slavemaster barked atop the caravan, he was fat and lightly armored. Atanaclar saw that there was a total of 10 armed men including the slavemaster and 25 slaves composing of men and women of varying ages and children. Atanaclar lied down at a huge plant and tried to come up with a strategy to set them free, clearly he could set the slaves free by cutting the main rope, but that would leave them defenseless and easily killed due to the ropes around their arms so that was out of the question. He thought that the best route was to kill his enemies by quietly and in stealth.

1 bandit armed with a scimitar approached the plant and began to unzip his pants when Atanaclar quickly jumped at the bandit, his hand gripped Hruthing and his other hand covering the man's mouth as he tried to scream but it was too late as Hruthing was impaled in the bandits heart. Thankfully none of the other bandits noticed this and Atanaclar dragged the dead bandit's body and took the scimitar. Hruthing was getting heavier to wield and it was like it was working against the wielder. Atanaclar remembered his father showing off Hruthing and told him that the Royal family and High Priestess has blessed the sword and that no one of an evil heart will be able to wield Hruthing properly and effectively; meaning that Hruthing is the fencing equivalent of a lead pipe -- A lead pipe that actively resists his every swing. This revelation greatly bothered Atanaclar as it felt like it was his own father working against him. But he shook his head and remembered that he has people to save and he sheathed Hruthing back in its scabbard.

There were 3 bandits, pushing a slave girl around, Atanaclar watched with great disgust and burning hate as the bandits were toying with girl like lecherous pig. "Ey' boss, can we . . err-test drive this one?" One of them asked their boss, the slavemaster thought for a moment and said "Take her somewhere else and do the deed there, you boys earned a lay!" the bandits happily chuckled and held her leash and were about to go when a slave child cried "Let my sister go!" it was young boy whom in his eyes had defiance. "And who the hell are you, slave?" the head of the trio asked and kneed the kid in the stomach, making the boy kneel as the bandit put his foot in head. "That's were you and all of them belong, the dirt!". "Please leave him alone . . . I'll do what you want, just don't hurt my brother!" The slave girl begged, the bandit consented and took one last look at the boy before kicking him in the face and spit at him. "NO HURTING THE MERCHANDISE!" The slavemaster shouted at them. "I'll deduce that from your salary pay!" this cause the bandit to grunt and grabbed the slave girl by the wrist. "Come on girl, I need a good f*cking!" and went into some parts of the forest not far from the caravan but far enough to have some privacy, he was followed by his two goons and they were eyeing the girl like some sort of object.

"Perfect!" Gorthaur smirked.

The head bandit threw the girl down on the ground and proceed to go on top of her, taking her clothes off and was tasting every corner of her face and body, the two goons watched on with a mix of amusement and sexual gratification, unbeknownst to them that Gorthaur was watching them, in his right hand was the scimitar he took and his left hand clenched in a fist. "Stop squirming, whore, and let have you!" The girl struggled to break free from the bandit but his gripped was tight so she kneed him in the groin, causing him to fall in pain while holding his groin. "Y-YOU BITCH!" the bandit bemoaned in pain, the girl got a hold of herself when she saw behind the two goons was a tall looming figure with long blonde locks. This caused her to scream and point at the figure, quickly the two goons looked around and were quickly dispatched, the figure decapitated the goon on the right and quickly had a scimitar shoved into the other left goon's chin, the tip of the scimitar coming out of his skull.

The main bandit saw the looming figure and tried to grab his sword but he was stopped by the figure whom cut off his hand, the bandit was about to scream but he was quickly punched by the figure with red eyes, then followed a series of punching thrown at the bandits face ending with the slicing his face in twain. the figure stands atop three bodies amidst a pool of blood. He turned around to see the girl, sword in hand which she took from the dead near her, her lips were quivering and her body shaking in immense fear, her hands hold on to to her thorn cloth to shelter her nakedness. "I-I d-do n-not f-f-fear you!" the girl stuttered.

The tall blonde with murderous eyes laughed hearty and said. "Really? Even in my wounded state, I thought I cut quite the imposing figure." and extended his hand to her. She pointed the sword at him in defense. "S-stay back!" The figure snorted, "Ungrateful!" and left her behind, leaving her among the dead.

4 bandits now lay dead and 6 remain, now that the numbers have reduced Gorthaur had an idea on how to finish the remaining 6 off in one strike. He went back to Felaróf and proceeded to untie him when he heard a rustling sound and quickly went into a battle stance, the girl from before appeared before him, now adorned in the bandit's colors, "What do you want, woman?" Gorthaur asked with spite, remembering her ungratefulness, deep inside Atanaclar mentally kicked which gave Gorthaur a headache, "I-I want to h-help!" She said still clearly afraid of Gorthaur. "As she should be." Gorthaur thought to himself but Atanaclar heard this "That is not proper conduct!" Gorthaur just ignored Atanaclar and looked at the woman "You want to help? Can you wield a sword? Can you kill?" Gorthaur asked the woman and eyed her intensely, he has no use of weaklings and wished to get back to the killing but this woman was holding him up.

"I-I don't know both, sir, but I wish to help you so I can help free my brother and the other slaves. Please give me this chance of retribution and opportunity of freedom so I can share it to the others." the girl spoke with semblance to eloquence, which left Gorthaur dumbfounded and allowed Atanaclar to gain control. The girl noticed the change in the figure, especially how his eye colors change, his once crimson eyes now shine with the brightness of a blue ocean, the figure now sat atop his pale horse and smiled at her and extended her hand and said "Join me then."

The remaining 6 bandits were about to move but noticed that 4 of their members were nowhere to be seen, "Where are those 3? and where is the other one?" The slavemaster felt ticked for this delay will cost him in money, he was about to order someone to call them when suddenly from out of nowhere. A pale horse charged into the caravan line catching the bandits off guard and causing them to panic, Atanaclar and the slave girl took the opportunity and immediately dispatched most of them, with the sole advantage of the two was that they are riding a horse and the bandits were caught off guard.

🎶 I will give my gifts to you, Grow your garden, watch it bloom

After freeing the slaves from their bondage, Atanaclar brought the slavemaster to his knees and planted his sword to the ground, "Those who wish to strike this man down for the sins he has committed, let him take up my sword and dealt justice swiftly upon this man!" The freed people looked upon each other and murmured among themselves on who should kill the slavemaster, "P-please, have mercy, I-I'm just a business man!" the slavemaster pleaded. Gorthaur grabbed the slavemasters head and smashed him against the caravan making him bleed and causing the people to be shocked at his brutality, "If no one is going to kill this pig, I will eviscerate him for you!" The girl appeared from the crowd, her brother in tow and she had a hard expression in her face, it improved both Atanaclar and Gorthaur that the girl now has some strength and bravery in her. "Please . . . no more killing, too much has been shed!" the girl approached Atanaclar and kneeled before him, "Please, lord, forgive him and set him free not because he deserves it but because we want to be at peace!" As soon as she said that, the other slaves kneel with her as well as her brother.

This made Atanaclar realized that they were Thalians, his people whom are often mocked for their forgiving and peaceful nature and of which was one of the reason why Atanaclar loved his country dearly was not because of their beautiful home but because of its people, whom he vowed to die for when he became a recruit. Atanaclar looked at his hands and saw them covered in blood, this disturbed him and he took a step back and saw the people now looking at him, waiting for his decision. He was touched and felt pride brimming within as his fellow people took the correct path and looked at the slavemaste, "They have spoken, get out of here!" the slavemaster nodded enthusiastically and quickly ran towards the forest and away from the caravan. After that the freed people are now using the caravan and its treasures and supplies to start a new life somewhere, Atanaclar was now walking away from them, his mission finished and honor still intact, but the girl stopped him from walking away, her hand holding his to grab his attention, "M-m . . May I know the name of the who set us free?" she asked as she stared as his eyes.

Atanaclar looked down to the ground, unsure on what to answer, who was he right now? He is no longer Atanaclar Inziladûn , son of Elendil and Tindómiel Inziladûn, brother of Mairen Inziladûn. The old Atanaclar died in Thalia during the invasion, the one who got out was fractured and broken, with an evil entity residing within him, who was he now? When he touched his forehead he remembered the Inziladûn crown, the one his father and mother had given to him to symbolize that he his the family heir and to remember him to be ever faithful to his duty as a soldier, as a son, and as a believer. Gorthaur was a being that he believed was sent to him as punishment, a being waiting to be free and unleash untold sorrows and Atanaclar couldn't allowed that.

"I am the Warden of an Abomination . . . It is my prisoner. I do not know yet how to this destroy this abomination, but I will contain it, and I will punish it. It will seek my suffering and pain, but It will suffer and be in pain too. " Atanaclar confessed to the girl in front of him, causing her to be at a loss of words and an expression of confusion enters her face, Atanaclar stopped from replying and said " Do not ask who I am, I died when Thalia fell, but It lives on within its people, go now and live in peace, thou art earned a second chance . . . I dost not!" Atanaclar jumped into his horse and gave the slave girl one last look "Thalia Fides!" He told her and he commanded his horse to move, galloping away from them.

"Thalia Fides!" the girl whispered to the winds, looking at the distance figure now disappearing into the forest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atanaclar was now enjoying the view of the forest, after the bloody fiasco during the caravan he looked at himself and saw he was covered in blood, most especially his hands so he found a nearby stream and washed himself and his face, but the blood in his clothes wouldn't go away so he had to cover it somehow. He felt a bit better after the caravan event, having been affirmed and reassured of his people and country still lives on somewhat. But Gorthaur was fuming inside, they let the slavemaster escape when he deserved to be hanged from a tree with his own entrails. The two were about to have a fight again when he noticed a small light, It was evening now, and Atanaclar wanted to sleep with company without having to have one eye open. Who knows, maybe this person or persons are also Thalian refugees or simply a merry band of people, all of whom he desperately needed.

What could go wrong?
@Jessica2477

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Falcon and Takumi
Reina waved a hand to acknowledge the boy who had delivered their messaged to her companions. As she lowered it she saw two very familiar figures in the background.

"Gavril!" she called almost excitedly and she pushed her way past 'Agato' and emerged from the alley. "Jebei! I'm so glad you got the message!"

Yet even seeing her friends ahead and knowing she had at least one protector behind, the events of that night still played in her mind. Reina hesitated at the edge of the lantern light, looking around quickly but as thoroughly as she knew how before moving forward.

"I didn't mean to alarm you." She started, lowering her voice as she reached them, "But I was... distracted. Sadia and Agato, as he calls himself, came to my aid." She looked hesitantly over her shoulder at them. "We - we have a lot to talk about don't we...."

Reactions: Takumi and Verran
Ludivine Daulfern
Mentions - @Brother Gabriel

"Mn?"

Ludivine looked up from her cooking meat towards the source of crunching leaves a little ways away from her. Fosc stirred in his sleep and had awoken immediately, reptilian eyes staring at the source of the noise in high alert. She stood up from her spot, lance in hand as she decided to meet the source of the noise halfway. Her wyvern was close by; all she had to do was whistle and the mysterious noise maker would be food.

There, she would see a man with a cloak and a strange crown on his head. A man of nobility, she guessed. Did he need directions? Was he looking for someone or something?

Was he friend or foe?

Well, there was only one way to find out.

"Sir? Do you need help?" She asked the man, wondering what someone like him was doing lingering around the forest.

• Love
Reactions: Falcon and Takumi
Arell
Islas de Abaroa
Out at Sea
Once everything was set to go, the ship would finally leave the docks. The crew of Pirates along with their sickly charge and one more in their numbers, heading out into the seas of the isles. Evening had come by now, and the sun steadily began to fade from view, threatening each ticking second to bring about nightfall. Arell had been a bit sick when they first took off, but luckily his stomach settled soon enough, and Rohan teased the boy over it, but only in lighthearted fun after all.

The men were in a rather merry mood, despite the threat of war on the other end of Jedica, and talked and laughed amongst themselves, just happy to be back on the seas.

Arell gave a small prayer to the goddes of the isles for a safe journey, something his mother always told him to do whenever out at sea. Sitting comfortably among some crates he read, and occasionally watched as a few crew members began to sing as they worked, and soon most who knew the words joined in, a small joyous choir without strife or sarrow, and the redhead couldn't keep from smiling, their enthusiasm and attitude rather infectious. He didn't think to look for his new friend, despite what had happened upon their first meeting.

@Verran

• Love
Reactions: Falcon and Verran
@Jessica2477

Atanaclar looked and saw a woman adorned in armor and blessed with a purplish long hair, he couldn't see it clearly because it was dark and even the light from the fire couldn't help. He hid his bloodstained armor with his cloak and approached the maiden.

(Gorthaur)
"What do you mean? you mean to offer me help or do you mean you offer me help whether I want it or not? Or perhaps you want to help me because it's either in your nature to help or wish something in return or perhaps you just wanted to help some stranger?" Gorthaur asked the lady in effort to mess up with her.

(Atanaclar)
"It means the same thing, the lady is asking if we need help and we clearly need it!" Atanaclar took back control of his body and argued with Gorthaur, forgetting that the lady was still watching him.

(Gorthaur)
"Need it? We aren't you a sad sack of wasted loins, we don't need help! WE'RE PERFECTLY FINE!" Gorthaur shouted at Atanaclar

(Atanaclar)
"Fine? FINE? You call 'THIS' FINE?? You blasphemous heretical abomination deserve to dispelled, remove, cast away from me!" Atanaclar faced away from the lady and continue to argue with Gorthaur

(Gorthaur)
"Abomination? You sad sack of shit couldn't even save those pathetic slaves without my help . . . more or less couldn't save yourself!" Gorthaur said, looking at the left and crossed his arms and let out a huff.

(Atanaclar)
"I would rather had die than to live alongside an being of malice such as you!" Atanaclar said as he looked at the right and crossed his arms and pouted.

(Gorthaur)
"Why you . . . !" Gorthaur punched Atancalar (Himself) in the gut, releasing a painful sigh.

(Atanaclar)
"You fiend . . . !" Atanaclar punched Gorthaur (Himself) in the face, falling down to the ground due to the blow of the force.

(Gorthaur)
"I'LL KILL YOU!" Gorthaur put his arms around Atanaclar's neck (Himself) and tried to choke him to death.

(Atanaclar)
Atanaclar kicked Gorthaur (Atanclar was kicking the air and is choking himself) and stopped him from choking him, "Enough . . . I'm tired from the days activities and seek to rest, I'll deal justice to you tomorrow!" Atanaclar said to Gorthaur (He was talking to the air).

(Gorthaur)
"Hmph! I agree . . . let us parley till the morning dawn and see who is worth a shit!" He told Atanaclar and sat down in front of the fire.

(Atanaclar)
"Watch your tongue, abomination, you kiss your mother with that poisonous lips?" Atanaclar was ticked by how vulgar Gorthaur's tongue could be.

(Gorthaur)
"I kissed your mother!" Gorthaur retorted, hoping to piss off Atanaclar

(Atanaclar)
Atanaclar released a heavy sigh and covered his face in frustration . . . that was then he noticed that there was still the lady in front of him. He sheepishly smiled at her and waved shyly at her "Hi . . . "

• Love
Islas de Abaroa seven days after the fall of Thalia
With @Takumi

For Rendan's own part, he intermingled with the crew as they worked. Raising his voice high with the rest of them, he sang:

"Oh a whale of a tale to tell ya lads,
a whale of a tale or two!
Bout the flappin' fish,
and the girls I've loved,
on nights like this with the moon above.
A whale of a tale and it's all true,
I swear by my tattoo."

It was one of those simple sea shanties that could go on forever as each man and woman took random turn to sing about one ill-fortunate romance or another with varying degrees of truth. Rendan took his turn to sing about a selkie that had to enticed him out of returning home and remaining at sea to be her husband. That is, as it was with such shanties, until she realized he didn't make perfume.

It was during this revelry that the captain came out of his cabin with his first mate with a broad grin and what looked to be half a mind to join in. But the glare of his wife stayed his course to business and he called out, "lads! Lasses! Lend me your ears and, if ye got the wits left, your mind as well." Given that the atmosphere was merely enjoyable and not drunken, yet, Rendan lent both mind and ears with the rest of the crew and the captain continued.

"So, now that we're all out at sea, I can share with you the purpose of our voyage. See, I've heard tell, from the most reliable source in town, of a gatherin' of a small fleet of ships. Word is, the admiral of this fleet has gotten word of something big. Some bit of treasure that is worth the weight of a dozen, spice laden freighters. Now, we could be the good pirates and simply offer our services to this fleet. Or we can be the better pirates and sneak on after them and steal the treasure right under their noses."

"Now, I know what ya thinkin'. 'Oy Cap! How do we know that the treasure actually exists? This could all be just a wild cod chase.' And ya all right, comrades. It may just be that. But see, I figure that, somewhere along their journey, they'll be leaving their ships relatively undefended to search islands and the like. Based off what they discover. That's when we'll strike and, while it may be or may not be that the treasure exists, we'll run off with one or two of their ships and still make a tidy profit. So, what do ya say lads? Let's get us some riches!"

(Song, "Whale of a Tale" is from Disney's production of One Hundred Leagues Under the Sea)

• Love
Ludivine Daulfern

"I-"

Before Ludivine could answer the man's question, he had begun answering it himself. Then he answered again and again, having a conversation with himself that quickly spouted into an argument. She was dumbfounded for a moment, greatly confused about the event unfolding until something in her brain clicked.

'Oh! He has multiple personalities.' She thought to herself. Ludivine had seen much worse at the Stanislavian barracks personality-wise, but someone with two personalities was new to her.

It seems her night had just taken a very interesting turn.

She stood by, watching the stranger argue with himself before one of his personalities started choking him. Ludivine flinched, wanting to help though the kind persona promptly took over to stop the madness. She couldn't help but grin in amusement at him.

"To answer one of you, my offer is just that. No skin off my nose if you decline. Now, I have meat cooking and spare water to share. I can offer you a place to rest if you do not mind a little company. My wyvern pet and companion. He is trained and does not attack without command, so he will not hurt you." Ludivine assured him. Though the surprise would have been humorous, she was afraid the brute personality would take over and try to kill Fosc believing he was an enemy.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Falcon
images
1547497248999.jpeg

Four Months Ago in Ufral, Capitol City

The desert of Ufral seemed vast to any unfamiliar with it's terrain. Large fields of scrub and grass around it's boarders flowed into a seemingly vast expanse of sand, but deep within lay the hidden canyons. Enormous walls of multi colored sandstone crossed in a baffling labyrinth, creating a natural fortress. Deep within these walls lay the largest settlement of people native to these lands, including the aristocracy. The city spread across the canyon floor following a river the people prized for it's life giving waters. Buildings were build a respectful distance away from the waters to avoid contamination, but the wealth, still desiring a view to go with their status, had chosen to build their homes up onto the walls of the canyon itself. It was in one such home that a man sat waiting.

It was one of the more elaborate residences, although all anyone could see of it's exterior was the a few scattered windows, the main door, and a balcony above it protected by a colonnade. It had been carved into the sandstone hundreds of years earlier and passed through the generations as an heirloom along with the title belonging to one of Ufral's great houses. The interior was dressed with elaborately inlaid flooring and gilded accessories that lent to the warm glow provided by lantern-light on sandstone walls.

Inside this grand home, sitting comfortable in his audience chamber hard at work at the desk set beside his cushy chair, with a large window at his back, and surrounded by well paid guards, sat the man known as lord Absalom. Dressed in the gold and mahogany of his house, his orange hair glinted like polished copper in the lamp light, setting off his dark skin and hard eyes. The years that lay lines on his face numbered upward of forty-five, although many still called him an attractive man.

Attractive yes, but also conniving, shrewd, and full of his own ambitions. This day Absalom waited for one who could further those. As a young man he had seen fit to rescue a child and the train the boy up in his own ways. If anyone asked Esmail was his most trusted servant, if anyone asked Esmail was only a servant, if anyone asked Esmail was not worth trusting unless he was locked into a contract. And yet Absalom waited for him all the same.

The clock, an immense show of wealth, ticked the minutes by on the wall. The guards stayed still. Absalom scribbled away at his desk. Suddenly the guards stiffened, for a moment Absalom looked them over before it occurred to him why. A faint, cheery whistled seemed to be echoing down the long hallway outside. The whistle faded into words as it grew closer, a deep, rich voice filled with mirth even as it sang about war and sadness.

🎶
"Young soldier boy, dear soldier boy
hroom hroom
Pick up an axe, a lance or sword
they seek battle, the oncoming hoard
We must stand to defend our home.
hroom hroom

The sand is red, with the blood I've bled,
defending my home with pride.

Young soldier boy, dear soldier boy
hroom hroom
With a cloak white as sand,
We sent you out to defend the land
yet now your cloak's dyed red?
hroom hroom

My cloak is red, to hide the blood I shed
tossing enimies aside.

Young soldier boy, dear soldier boy
hroom hroom
I see your eyes are red again
Streeked with dirt and sunken in,
how have they lost their light?
hroom hroom

My eyes are red, from the tears I shed.
Swollen as I cried..."
🎶

As the third verse ended the doors to the chamber were tossed open as Esmail strolled in, laughter on his lips.

The man in question was on the tall side of average if lean, and though his face was hidden by the hood of that damned vest he always wore. His cloak streamed behind him revealing his form well enough to any looking. Absalom felt his guards stir as they realized the man who had been singing a war song so carelessly had just waltzed in unguarded and unarmed.

"We can skip the pleasantries," Absalom snapped, to which Esmail grew immediately silent, sinking to kneel on one knee, fist to his chest, as his cloak settled around him. "And you can stop treating my guards like your playthings," the lord added for good measure. To his irritation Esmail's smile didn't even twitch.

"Of course your grace," came the level answer, the voice suddenly serious.

"I need you to infiltrate the Farrokhzad household. Once you have done that I will ask you to send me information. Your usual fee will be paid of course." He minced no words, and he gave no specifics. Absalom knew well that Esmail would do what he needed, he had a contract in his desk drawer that stated as much.

"The-- you realize they will know my face after this. I'll be mostly useless in all future endeavors involving them." There was a note of surprise in the kneeling man's voice along with a slight widening of his eyes before he composed himself.

"I didn't ask for your opinion." Absolam made no effort to hide his irritation at being questioned.

"I meant only to advise--" came a cautious half apology.

"You will do as you're told or I'll send you back to that orphanage I plucked you out of."

"Your Grace, with all do respect I'm well past the age where that's is a valid threat." This time there was a hint of mockery involved.

Absalom sneered. "Your 'brother' is the new caretaker is he not? Perhaps I'll burn it down then if you fail me."

Esmail kept his smile with practiced effort. But his lips closed and his eyes narrowed, a flicker of danger in them even as he lowered his head using the hood to shadow his features. For a brief moment Absalom wondered if he had miss-stepped. No, he was a lord, and Esmail was a servant. All was as it should be.

"Then it seems I must not fail, now doesn't it." Not even the slightest hint of emotion showed is Esmail's voice.

A guard stirred, snickering softly.

"Peace, Elim," Lord Absalom grunted, "or I'll let him curse you. And I promise I will not stop any part of it." The guard paled and shrank back. "Now," he turned his dark eyes back to Esmail, "this is in regards to the matter we discussed last week. You know my time table and you know when my preparations have to start. Thus I must give you a deadline. You have one year, and one day to get it done."

"I understand, your grace," was Esmail's only answer as he bowed even lower before drawing back and seemingly melting into the shadows. Yet even as the shaman vanished, the room seemed to whisper, "And I shall not fail."

Three Months and Two Weeks Ago
((collab with @Jessica2477 ))

He had found it, Esmail grinned to himself as he sauntered up to the great houses built in one of the safest parts of the canyon and paused at the gates where five obviously armed guards stood on alert. Behind them three unarmed men seemed to be playing at dice. Seemed to be. Esmail knew the look of those who were meant to be a second line of defense while not looking like one at all. Odds were they were more dangerous than the ones actually guarding the gate.

"State your business," the one apparently in charge snapped.

"Why, business," Esmail smirked right back, somehow managing to come off as perfectly polite. "I heard there was a job that needed doing. The sort that involves traveling and finding things. I happen to be quite excellent at finding things."

The guard gave him a wary look but snapped his fingers and sent a messenger inside.

"Lady Estera. A man is here to see you in regards to the task you advertised." A young woman in a tan servant's uniform addressed her superior, acting as the messenger for the stranger outside.

Lady Estera was seated at a small mahogany table within her brightly lit study room, curtains drawn from the large window to let in as much natural lighting as possible. She was surrounded by shelves upon shelves of different books, most of magic, others for research purposes. The fresh aroma of herbal gray lingered within room, complementing the scent of marigold and suncup flowers. She had been in the midst of her paperwork, however, her drive to continue working had been diminished due to the stress of her situation.

Estera was sitting back against her chair, back straight, head up, gingerly holding her tea cup as she drank. She was a tall, tan woman with soft facial features and gentle eyes purple in color. Her long, fuschia colored hair was done neatly and beautifully in a an elegant bun on the back of her head, the strands that had loosened from the tie only accented her appearance.

"Bring him here. Ensure two guards be alert in the case that this one is hostile." She told the young woman without looking her way.
The girl bowed with a "yes Lady Estera" before dashing off to complete her task.

In about five minutes time, the messenger returned to the doors. "Lady Estera has agreed to meet with him." She turned her eyes from the guard to Esmail. "If you will follow me, I will bring you to her study."

The gate was opened and with a nod of his head Esmail stepped inside. He lowered the hood of his grey over-vest revealing the pale lavender hair and electric blue eyes beneath, along with skin paler than any natural born Ufralian had the right to claim. A moment later he removed his nondescript, brown cloak, passing it to another servant.

"Be advised I have tracking curses on every object in my possession," he deadpanned with a raised eyebrow at the lad, no older than 13. "If so much as a piece of string is taken you would do well to find and return it quickly before the magic catches up to you." He chuckled lightly as the boy's face went pale even as he passed the cloak to the guards for inspection. In truth handing over his cloak was more a gesture of good will, meant as proof that he had come unarmed, or as unarmed as any magic user could be.

Yet even as he followed the girl inside he heard someone whisper the words "Absalom's Specter," and knew that rumor of his identity would reach the lady of the house before he did.

As they walked Esmail's eyes took in everything, every detail from the natural light pouring through the windows, to the amiable nature of the staff. It was so different from what he initially had expected.
Soon, though, he was shown into the chamber of his perspective employer.

"My lady," He murmured, flourishing his hand before him as he dipped into an elaborate bow, before straightening and bringing that hand up so that his arm was held parallel in from of his chest with the fingers closed in a fist. An old and traditional form of greeting, but also a show of manners and good faith. The elaborate nature of the gesture also served to show a discerning eye that even though that particular hand was gloved in leather, there were no weapons up his sleeve. The sleeve of the arm held behind his back had been unbuttoned and rolled up to show likewise.

Estera directed her eyes towards the man that had come to her study, a part of her having expected a brutish beefcake who had long forgotten what a bath looked like. However, much to her surprise, this one couldn't be smelled from across the room and seemed to have some sense of grooming standards. She was even more surprised to be greeted so formally and traditionally. In all her years, only elders had been the ones to make such elaborate gestures.

Though kind, the gesture itself would not gain him any favor points. Estera had already had to make deals with many mercenaries before him, most of whom tried some sort of flattery to increase the reward or the down payment. She was stressed, tired, and not in the mood for any more false compliments. Estera just wanted some damned results!

Nevertheless, she smiled sweetly in his direction. This could be the man who finds her daughter, and she wanted to give him more reason to bring Suraya back home.

"Charmed. Come, take a seat." She gestured with her eyes to the empty chair across from her table. "Would you like a cup of tea while we discuss?"

"My lady, I am hear to serve you, whatever your needs," Esmail stated smoothly as he settled in the indicated seat, folding his hands in his lap. A smile danced across his lips. "There is no need to worry about my comfort when so many other troubles must weigh on your mind."

She gently blew the steam emanating from the top of the liquid, being careful with her sip while the other man radiated charisma... With no introductions offered, she decided that this man was straight business. And so, she would not waste either of their times.

Estera's smile turned softer, pained even. "Yes... I am certain you are aware of my situation, but allow me to brief you if you are not. My daughter, Suraya, ran away from home to go fulfill some foolish and dangerous "dreams" of hers. What these dreams were, she never told me." Estera took another sip of tea, eyebrows furrowed in both annoyance and concern. "She is a magic user; as powerful as she is delusional. Many mercenaries have resigned or not returned at all because of her, but it served me right for hiring fools. All I ask is for her safe return home, and I will pay the handsome sum of gold I advertised."

He nodded along with her words, a feint smile still playing as his lips. "I'm a magic user myself," he assured her, "So I'm well aware of how devastating it can be. Although if she left of her own accord it might be easier to find her than if she were taken. With a single person you can find the patterns of movement, multiple targets can cause complications."

He dropped his head a bit so he could gaze up at the woman from below, her expression was clearly that of a mother in distress. This was no gambit for power then.

"If you would like references for my abilities they can be provided," Esmail offered, "Although I do try to keep my name out of my work."
He felt she must know who she was talking to, yet if she did not she had yet to ask. She either didn't care, or was desperate. Either worked in his favor. Not that he was opposed to giving it.

'A magic user... I believed strong magic may counter Suraya's, but I was wrong... I hope this one can dodge well.' She thought to herself.

It did not matter how powerful a person was. If they could not handle hits well, then their strengths were pointless. One mercenary she had hired learned that the hard way...

"At the moment, you are the only one who would be searching for her. The last cad of a mercenary ran with his tail between his legs. Literally."
She took another sip of her tea, feeling her forehead throb again.
"There is no need for references. I trust you are powerful... Whatever you feel would be best in order to return her home safely, I will not object. All I ask from you is that she be unharmed." Estera told him.

To be honest, she did not care whether he could overpower her daughter or not. If he did not show results, he would not be paid. Simple as that.

Esmail nodded as he sat back in his chair. After a moment his gaze landed upon a blank piece of paper and a writing stand beside it. "May I?"
With her permission he picked up the quill and began drawing up the contract.

It is hereby agreed upon that on this day (here the numbers were written so close together it was almost illegible) that the advertised sum of gold of___ is to be paid to the below signed, upon the safe return of Suraya Farrokhzad to her mother the lady Estera Farrokhzad. Suraya is to remain without lasting harm from the point of her finding. This contract is to remain in effect until fulfilled or both parties agree it is no longer necessary.

"I cannot prevent what has already occurred and it would be ridiculous to to coddle her to the point of preventing skinned knees and paper-cuts," Esmail mentioned by way of explanation. "But if this is satisfactory then all you need do is sign below my name and we have a deal."

It was with these words that he handed her the document. His handwriting was boyish and spiky, traits of one who had never had any formal script training. At the bottom was an equally messy signature.

Esmail Faruq

Estera put down the tea cup and took the contract, holding the edges of the paper to keep from smudging any ink. Her purple eyes read each line carefully, searching for any loopholes and, if she did find some, make sure they were reasonable.
The worst she could see was that this could seem to be written on any day and there was no time limit. Regardless, the amount of gold she would pay was present, and Esmail agreed that Suraya would not suffer permanent damage upon returning her home.
However, this could cause issues.

She took back the contract and added one sentence to it before handing it back for him to read.

This contract is to remain in effect until fulfilled or both parties agree it is no longer necessary. However, if Suraya Farrokhzad is returned home with injuries, pay will be deducted depending on the severity.

"I did say I wanted her home unharmed and I am willing to be more lenient on this rule, but not for nothing. I believe a pay deduction is more than fair if you bring her to me with wounds. Paper cuts and slight scratches are exempt from the deduction rule though, since Suraya likes to behave childishly sometimes."

Esmail couldn't help the way his eyebrows climbed as she added her words, his lips twisting in amusement. But he spoke no word of complaint. Her stipulation was mare than fair. "I would have you know that I have never broken a contract." For the first time his tone was serious and his eyes truly kind as he handed it back to her to sign.

"May I ask for something of hers? It need not be valuable, but something she used regularly. A favorite pen or book, a hair pin even. I can devise a tracking spell from it."

She smiled, "Good."

With his agreement to her terms, Estera signed the bottom of contract underneath Esmail's name. She fanned the paper to let the ink dry while the other asked his question.
"Of course. I have something of hers that she is particularly fond of. Would you like to carry the contract or shall I?" Estera asked him, giving him the option of the responsibility.

"I prefer to let my clients keep the contract," Esmail stated levelly. "And if you like, I have no objection to one of these good men signing as witness either." Here he gestured at the lady's guards. "Whatever makes you the most comfortable."

After his answer, she would guide him down long and narrow hallways within the noble house. At the end, he would be brought to Suraya's room.
Inside, the room was remarkably decorated, and messy. Costumes, tomes, hairbrushes, lounge clothing, desert flowers, and paperwork were placed in separate areas that her daughter had deemed "organized." The flowers were strung around the edges of the walls, the lounge clothing somewhat put away, and each item having their own place somewhere.
Although the floor was clean, the room still felt dirty to Estera.

For all his talk the shaman was quick to follow her through the house to the room belonging to the missing girl. It was somehow messy and organised at the same time. Esmail held back any comment about one person having so many things they wanted to keep in one space. It would not be polite, and so far he'd been given no reason to be anything but polite.

"Forgive the mess, but Suraya implores that if she can find what she's looking for, then it is fine... I do not understand how she can live this way."
Estera stepped inside and approached one of the bookshelves. After a brief look, she picked out a black book with a magic symbol on the front; a Dark tome.

"Suraya enjoys dabbling in the dark arts... She would always have this book in her hands when she was home. Here, you may take it with you if it would help, or use it if the dark magic does not consume you." She said, handing the book to him.

"Dark magic does not consume," he answered as if correcting a common misconception as he took the book and began to leaf through it, "that comes solely from the will and motives of the caster. And this--" he held up the volume, "is purely armature stuff. Your daughter would be in no danger from it, even if a spell failed."

He looked down at the volume giving a delighted chuckle, "I look forward to returning it to her. Tracking spells aside, the fact that she chose this particular volume and any notes she may have made in the margins, may reveal much. I must thank you. Is there anything else I should know about her before I set out?"

Estera gave a small 'ah,' happy to know that her daughter hadn't been dabbling in something more dangerous than she had anticipated. At least she knew Suraya had gone insane on her own and not because of some dark arts book she was studying like mad.
"I have nothing more to say. Anything you need to know will be discovered during your trip. And thank you; I have high hopes you will succeed." She told him, and with that, gestured him to follow her to the exit of the house.

He bowed as he left her, following the guard through the doors to the gate and reclaiming his cloak from those waiting for him to leave.

"I-I kept it all safe for you, mister--" the servant boy stammered eyes still wide.

"A gift for your trouble then," Esmail tossed him a coin as he reclaimed what was his, not even bothering to inspect the pockets. Between laying the appropriate tracking spells and packing for a journey he had a long day ahead of him. There was no time to waste worrying over insignificant details. Besides, the boy looked to be the honest sort. The dark tome was tucked safely inside as soon as the cloak was slung back over his shoulders.

As he walked away Esmail pulled his hood once more over his head.

Reactions: Takumi and Verran
@Jessica2477
--------------------------------------------

Atanaclar looked at the woman and smiled, he sensed a motherly air around her and it reminded him of his own mother. When she told him about Wyvern pet he got a bit skeptical, he knew that most Wyverns thrive in the mountains of Stanislav and the Stanislavian army are well known for their Wyvern Riders. But he quickly diminished the thought, maybe she happened to bought the wyvern or something extraordinary happened that led her to have it, that seems more plausible than having her as a part of the Stanislavian army.
(Atanaclar)
"I'm Atanaclar by the way . . . Atanaclar Inziladûn, a pleasure to meet you Mrs . . .?" He extended his hand in order to have her shake it.
(Gorthaur)
"Wait just a second . . . what are you doing?" Gorthaur asked Atanaclar, retracting his hand and facing away from the woman.
(Atanaclar)
"I'm introducing myself to our new friend, do you have issue about that, abomination?" Atanaclar said to Gorthaur as he turned to the right.
(Gorthaur)
"Yes I do have a problem with it . . . what if she is a spy or bandit that wants us to lower our guard and kill us?" Gorthaur whispered the last part to Atanaclar as he turned left.
(Atanaclar)
"Augh . . . look, I just want to shake hands with my friend!" Atanaclar said as he crossed his arms, his decision final.
(Gorthaur)
"Fine! If she slits your throat and stab you, don't you dare come to me!" Gorthaur snarled at Atanaclar and retreated.
(Atanaclar)
Atanaclar released a heavy sigh and looked at the woman and extended his hand again, "Again, I'm Atanaclar Inziladûn, a pleasure to meet you!" He looked away from the woman in shame, "I'm sorry you have to witnessed that . . . It's kinda of a long story!" He told her.

• Love
Ludivine Daulfern

Ludivine moved to shake his hand, but pulled it back to see that this person, Atanaclar, started arguing with himself. She bit the inside of her cheek, unsure about what to do in this situation. It wasn't that this man's mental condition was humorous, quite the opposite. It was how he was arguing with himself that reminded Ludivine of certain pair of siblings that used to fight verbally and physically over everything. It made her feel a little bit nostalgic in a way.

"Abomination" has every right to be skeptical. We did just meet, and you've no idea what I may be capable of. But you are right to believe I truly have no interest of killing someone in cold blood."

She met his hand halfway with hers, careful with her armor claws as she shook his hand. "Ms. Ludivine Daulfern. And please, the honor is mine. Follow me before the meat becomes dry."

Ludivine would lead him to her small camp, where Fosc was eagerly awaiting her return. She circled around the fire and approached her Wyvern, giving him a few pets in reassurance when he spotted the stranger. The Wyvern cocked his head at Atanaclar.

"This is my boy, Fosc. Please don't be afraid, he won't hurt you." She assured him.

@Jessica2477
----------------------------------------

Atanaclar followed Ludivine into a small camp and where he saw the Wyvern she has for a pet, he never saw a wyvern up close before and back when he was a child he wanted to have one so it can take him up to the sky. Atanaclar loved the sky especially when its night where the stars are full bloom. The parents of Atanaclar had connection to the stars, Elendil means "Star Lover" and he had Atanaclar inherit his love for the Stars while Tindómiel means "Morning Star" which she really did lived up too.

"You know . . . when I was a kid, I used to want to have a wyvern because they could take me up to the skies." Atanaclar told Ludivine, a smile happened upon his face as he touched the wyvern's head. He chuckled at the thought of a dangerous creature could also be so lovely.

"Where are you from, Lady Ludivine?" Atanaclar asked her, he was curious about the woman's origins and authentically wanted to get to know her better because It's what Atanaclar does best, plus it's been 7 days since he had any contact with people that doesn't involved them in trying to kill him, dying on him, or slaves free. So he plainly wanted a friend to talk too.

Ludivine Daulfern

Fosc's head pulled away from Atanaclar at first, but upon receiving the 'okay' from Ludivine, he allowed himself to be touched. The wyvern released a small croon, content with the attention this stranger gave to him.

She listened to the other's words, and honestly, a part of her was a bit surprised. "Truly? You come across as a Pegasus type." She commented.

Based on appearance alone, Atanaclar looked like he'd be just as happy on a pegasus's back than a wyvern's. Wyverns were finicky little things that were quick to attack until they were tamed, pegasus not so much (so she's heard). Ludivine had suffered quite a bit trying to bond with Fosc enough that he'd allow her on his back, but she would not burst Atanaclar's bubble.

Then, the question of origin came up, and Ludivine gulped.

"Stanislav... And this is the part where I feel I have to defend myself." She sighed, "Stanislav is known for its savagery, yes, but I am not part of that bloodlust mindset. I apologize if speaking to a Stanislavian is off putting, especially regarding recent events."

• Love
Flashback
Soon after the Takeover of Thalia
Villige of Peltan
"You have your orders Centurion Kolarov, now I expect them to be followed, without protest. Is that clear?"

Veran opened his mouth, but quickly caught himself, he knew what the punishment for speaking out against a superior officer was. "Yes Lieutenant." He shut his mouth biting his tongue as he saluted and marched out. A bad air was whirling about him, as he gathered the men. "Men, our mission for today is to Requisition Supplies from the Village of Peltan. I will not hear any cases of..."

"Now, Centurion Kolarov," the Lieutenant said stepping out from his tent, "There is no need to be so uptight. This is a simple mission. Let the men relax, and let loose a bit." He then turned to address the platoon himself, "You have my full permission to take whatever actions you deem necessary should the villagers resist." He turned back to Veran, "You too Centurion," he leaned in and whispered into Veran's ear, "Find yourself a pretty one. I promise no word of this will reach any of the higher ups." He pulled back, a sinister smile on his face. Veran bit his tongue harder; it was taking all of his self control to not react to what he just said. He locked eyes with the lieutenant, saluted him and marched off. The rest of the platoon followed him.

As they drew near Peltan all subtlety that the troops held while they were in camp was gone it was clear what they intended to do. This would not be a requisition, but a sacking. The soldiers broke up and charged forward wildly; nothing Veran said could stop them. The first screams were of the few men who bravely stood forward, trying to at least delay the impending doom. The came the wails of the women, the children's cries, the flames rising from houses. Veran enters the town witnessing the carnage around him.

He sees an untouched house, and pushes in the door, "Hello?" He hears a child hyperventilating in the corner. Curled up next to the bed is a young girl, no more than 15, shielding was must be her younger brother, who looked to be about 6. The pure terror on both of their faces, tears flowing. The girl glances back and forward between Veran and her brother. Her terror becomes mixed with the instinct to protect her brother, and she slowly pushes him under the bed, before looking back up to Veran, then averting her gaze and closing her eyes. The look on Veran's face is filled with Shock, sadness anger and about a million other emotions. His mind drifts back to the day he enlisted in the military, to the pride he felt, the patriotism he felt, his eagerness to fight and wage war for his country. All of that was shattered by this young girl in front of him. This... this wasn't war, this was slaughter, this was disgusting. Why? Why were they doing this? A single tear flowed down his face.

"Ah, Centurion Kolarav," He didn't need to turn to recognize that voice. It was Centurion Borskchev, a good man... or so he tought. "I see, so you like them yo..." That sentence was never finished, as Veran's sword slid through his neck. The emotions that covered his face had been converged all into one, rage. As Borskchev's body hit the floor, he turned back to the girl.

"Run, NOW!" His commanding voice compelled the girl to grab her brother and dart from the door, as Veran followed them.

"Oh look at what we have here." Squad Paramour Slincorski, KIA.

"Lemme give you a hand with this runner Sargent." Legionary Breskov, KIA

"Why did you just do that! Get over here!" Quartermaster Scekic, KIA

"DIE!" Legionary Welkin... KIA.

They ran, and ran, and ran, and, "Aagh!" Pain shot through his shoulder, and arrow, when did that get there? No time, keep running. Veran was soaked in blood, unable to tell the difference between his own and that of his former brothers. No time.

Keep running... Keep running... Keep them safe... Keep running... Keep running... Keep running... Keep...

Veran awoke with a start, breathing heavily. Another nightmare, it was always the same one since that day. He heard the shout of the other hired blade, "Get up, its your shift now, we're almost there."

"Yeah I know i'm up." He put his sword on his belt and hopped out from the back of the moving cart. The sun blinded him for a moment, it was still low in the sky, no more than an hour or two past sunrise. He relieved the other guard and took up his post riding alongside the caravan. He could see their destination in the distance. "What is this place called again?"

"Abelsol," Replied the Caravan Master, "its the farthest I go on this route." He looked back to Veran with a disheartened look. "Are you sure this where we are to part ways? Your a good man to have. We would have lost several carts to those highwaymen if it were not for you. We really could used your sword for the trek back. I'll pay you well."

"You do, but I must. It has nothing to do with you, I just, I can not go back."

"Alright, well if you ever change your mind, I make this trek every month, just find me." Veran nodded, then turned forward. Sinking into his guff attitude as they entered the town.

Last edited:
Arell McCain
Islas de Abaroa
Out at Sea

The first to speak his mind, after some thought, was Rohan. The fighters usual grim expression was one that was amused yet interested in the idea of going on a stint such as this. "If that's so Cap'n, then count me in yeh? This old sea dog has been itchin' for something like this in a while!" He exclaimed, hands on his hips and a smirk on his features. Though once tired eyes landed on the quiet redhead, who had since marked where he stopped in his book and had it set in his lap to listen, contemplation in his amber eyes.

"What say you, boy?" He asked, earning a small jolt from Arell who was surprised at suddenly being adressed.

At first, he didn't answer right away, but his curiosity got the better of him, and after a moment spoke, "Well, before we go setting out to steal treasures that may or may not exist what more did you gather, if anything at all?" He asked, attention on their captain now. For all he knew, this admiral could be very well perpared for an attack from Pirates like themselves, especially with tensions so high in other parts of Jedica amd such.
@Verran

Reactions: Falcon and Verran
Islas de Abaroa
Out at Sea
Seven Days after the fall of Thalia
@Takumi

The captain grinned. "That, lad, is one of the reasons I pay ya! You're gonna figure out what that fleet is hunting after. Hah! Maybe even beat em to it if we can figure it all out faster than them. Now, I don't know the admiral, and he probably 'spects others to come after him. It's why all I, and most anyone else, has only rumors of a good bit o' work springing up and with some ancient treasure. Some of the cargo we brought on board is ta help ya do that. Books on myths and such. And any of you lot who can read are going to help him."

Rendan supposed that included him. And, he did admit, that poring over old legends in search for a likely artifact was mildly intriguing. Least it might mean some less cleaning the decks.

"Now," continued the captain, "I know a good manner of this is going to be on the fly. It may seem hasty, and it is, but haste is needed before their fleet gets too far ahead of us. We need to be able to figure out where they'll be, discover who they are, and then plan how to steal ships and treasure. Any more questions?"

The village of Abelsol 20 miles south of Thalia
In collaboration with @Falcon , @Nomad-22 , and @Jessica2477 .

Gavril's whole demeanor visibly relaxed upon seeing Reina emerge from the darkness. But, the sliver of guilt for allowing this to happen still weighed on him. He owed it to her mother and father to keep Reina safe and he was failing his duties spectacularly...

"At this rate, you will age me 30 years..." He murmured more to himself than to Reina. "But yes, there is much to discuss. And not just about your disappearance, I'm afraid." Gavril said, referring to her disappearance from Thalia. Much had happened that she was still not aware of. As much as he hated it, he was going to have to be the one to deliver the message to her.

Like the Knight, Jebei was instantly relieved upon seeing Reina alive and more or less well. The nomad wasn’t bound by any royal oath but for some reason he had became more concerned the lady. While he was developing a small crush on her, Jebei was quite curious at what kind of destiny this exile will have. So far she has been threatened death repeatedly but yet survives.

‘Could my visions be related to her?’ The rider wondered to himself.

“A thousand pardons Reina.” He said with a humble bow to the head. Reina could’ve killed under his watch. While they didn’t know each other for very long but the nomad hated having innocent blood spilled because any carelessness on his part. Jebei noticed the two, nodding thanks.

"No, hey this was my fault," Reina murmured to the two men realizing how worried they must have been at what the had found in the Inn's room, "I could have stayed with you while you got everything settled, but I didn't. I'm sorry.. perhaps the rest, inside?"

She cast a look over her shoulder, flicking across Sadia to 'Agato's' face, as if checking to see if that was indeed the plan.

Korwin, masked as ever, gave a slight nod of confirmation. Trusting both himself and, to enough extent at this point, Sadia to know if they were being watched by unfriendly eyes. Allowing Sadia to go first, he lead them into the inn. Given the late hour, only the drunken and long revelers were up and active. A few quick words and the passage of coin to the innkeeper ensured a room for some friends who had arrived late and had their wagon broken down in a surprisingly mucky spot. Which both excused everyone’s dirty appearance and ensured that a bath would be drawn up to the room in due course. I’m spending too much tonight, Korwin grumbled to himself as he forked over the coin, still, better than waking Gonz and having to deal with him right now.

For Sadia’s own part, she seemed to still be rather excited by the whole affair. A botched assassination attempt that she’d lived through and was now in the service of the one who had spared her. How many fellows can claim they’ve done that! she silently cheered. So, despite her broken arm, she happily let herself be lead around at effective knife point. Or is it naginata point? she wondered to herself.

Reina's small gesture, staying by his side, was greatly appreciated after the long week of anxiety, fear, and stress. He smiled in her direction as thanks, since now he can properly protect her as he was supposed to. However, the weight of the situation-hers-was settling in, these folk that had managed to gain his charge's trust. Gavril didn't trust them with his armor, much less with Reina. But, they've yet to give him reason to be suspicious, so he would have to play nice for the time being.

It was then he was able to put names on Reina's new companions, and inwardly, he was happy that she had given a false name. At least for the time being.

"That decision is yours Rachel. You have my approval, not that you needed it." Gavril didn't like the idea, but Reina needed to make her own mistakes in order to grow as a person. If she felt these people could be trusted with her true identity, then he would not argue.

"I think they may have already guessed..." Reina replied biting her lip. She looked cautiously over to Jebei to gauge his reaction.

The presence of Agato and Sadia felt so sudden in Jebei’s opinion. What’s more he recalled not finding any signs of death in the last inn or outside for that matter. That left many questions in the nomad’s mind about who these two people were. Of course it finally occurred he wasn’t exactly an old associate of Reina either, having just met earlier today. Until he find out more of their involvement Jebei will watch them carefully. ‘Yesterday I didn’t think I would end up here. The spirits must have a reason for all this..l hope.’ The plainsman silently considered before Reina explained she intended to reveal her true identity to the newcomers. Judging from their own expressions they seem to already know or have an idea at least. Sighing heavily, Jebei stared back at Reina in resignation.

“You may as well get it over, if you do intend to trust them.” He finally said.

Her eyes traveled over them, resting on each in turn for a moment before returning back to Sadia's arm. "This might hurt a moment," She state simply, letting her hand roam over the break to see it was set properly before reaching for her staff with one hand. There was a moment of silence as the focus glowed softly, the magic surging through her finger tips to knit the bone together.

When that was done, she took a deep breath. There was no point in delaying any longer in telling them what she was sure they already knew.

"My name," She started slowly, "Is Reina Portocalis of Thalia. My father is the Mediator. About seven well eight days ago now, Captain Miron of Stanislav attacked the council while it was in peaceful negotiations with him. I don't know how many others managed to get away."

Her eyes dropped to the floor and her voice grew quiet with the last few words.

Sadia’s face taughtened for an instant when the healing magic washed over her arm as the bone knitted itself back together, but didn’t wince. She flexed the arm experimentally. It seems good as new! she thought, excellent. I’ll be able to get back to combing hair, proper washing, and knife throwing. But, hmm, I should probably test it out with a few handsprings. Just to make sure there’s no lasting damage. Not yet though. I imagine I would get the queerest looks if I began dancing all across the floor.

“Thank you!” she said, after Reina had finished speaking. Although if she meant towards the healing, Reina telling everyone who she was, or both, it was anyone’s guess. For both her’s and Korwin’s part, however, they confirmed their knowledge in Reina’s identity by not reacting at all to her proclamation. Korwin, growing bored with all the reunions and tip-toeing around the most likely eventuality, added panache to his apathetic reaction by yawning.

Well, at the least, he thought, I now know that her retainers either trust Reina quite a dear bit, or believed that Sadia and I would find out anyway if Reina insisted on bringing us along. The idea of the retainers stone-walling and refusing to let her reveal her identity amused him. Not because a plan to try and conceal her as long as possible from everyone who wasn’t in the group was a terrible one. More that he wondered what hoops both she and her guards would have to jump through to keep the ruse. Speaking of ruses, his mind fell to Sadia. Something was up with her. Something off. But that was a speculation for later. For now, he wrenched his mind to full attention. The night wasn’t over yet and he didn’t want to bet on smooth sailing from any of the people in the room.

Reina bit her lip again looking uncertain. She had expected more of a reaction, some snarky comment or witty retort on how bad she was at keeping secrets, at least keeping this secret. She had no intention at all of sharing about the staff at least not yet.

"What you might not know," she continued, "is that I have to get to the islands. I need to find Miha's temple." She left it there. No need to elaborate until someone asked a question.

Sadia feigned surprise. Eyes bulging slightly with a tiny gasp to accent the expression. “All the way to the Islas de Abaroa? But why so far, m’lady? Surely to would be better to gather allies close to home and using your connections to retake your country post haste? What could be held in the temple of Mipha that is so important?”

Korwin let Sadia talk. No need to ask questions that the assassin would handle and that he already knew the answer to. Undoubtedly, she’d been briefed as well as to why the “princess should not reach the temple. Not to mention that Reina had already informed the duo of her planned destination. Not that it was important to him. Still, roles must be played so he did feign interest by leaning forward. The true purpose was to help him focus in upon the reactions of her two retainers. He bet it was only a matter of time until they started asking the obvious, yet pertinent, questions. Naturally, these could easily develop into more complicated ones. From there, it would be a matter of weaving a tale, using any structure Reina would oh so helpfully provide, that painted both him and Sadia into a light that allowed them to be dismissed as helpful, opportunistic, mercenaries.

Jebei finally putting up his bow and situated himself at a wall, watching Reina heal Sadia through magic. ‘Like some of our shamans.’ The nomad concluded quietly, impressed by the ability. A special gift indeed. Subsequently he listened to the conversation that followed.

The reveal of Reina’s identity was hardly a surprise for anyone. However, when the other details were mentioned Jebei paused in surprise. So Stanislav forces started the war. What’s more Reina intended to go to the islands in the west! Briefly Jebei turned pale at the thought. Having swam in nothing more than small streams and ponds the vast sea was terrifying in comparison to the horse rider. Getting ahold of himself he finally spoke up.

“I can help you through the great plains. It won’t be an easy journey but we can manage it.” Of course Jebei didn’t mention anything about going to the sea yet. The young man didn’t want to admit to the group of his deep fear of the ocean. Nevertheless he was determined to help somehow.

The Islas de Abaroa? For a temple that may or may not help them? What in the world was Reina thinking? He was certain she had an idea of just how far those islands were and how many complications that could arise traveling across the continent. There was no guarantee that Jebei, Agato, or Sadia would stay with Reina the entire duration of the travel, and there was no guarantee his charge would find allies on the way there either. Both were very possible outcomes, but not worth the risk; especially when he didn't know what risk he was fighting for.

It would also give the Stanislavian soldiers more of a chance to get their hands on her now that he put more thought into it. Captain Miron and his soldiers had been so adamant about capturing her he wouldn't put it past them to deploy riders and cavalier to track his charge. Was Reina desperate? Going mad? Or were those "new friends" of hers influencing her to do something so ridiculous? He'd have to keep a sharper eye on them, for Reina's sake.

That Sadia girl was right though, Reina could search for Thalian allies and take back her country. However, the attack had resulted in a slaughter of not just civilians, but soldiers as well. He had yet to see more Pegasus Knights since the attack, and any that were alive may have gone into hiding. The Thalians that did manage to escape were most likely civilians who had never swung a weapon in their lives, and there was not ample time to train them. To try and take on Stanislav with a rag tag team of farmers and shopkeeps was akin to suicide.

-----

"Lady Reina, tell me. I know you are well aware that Stanislav is very adamant about getting their hands on you, enough so that I'm certain they have riders and cavalier searching every acre of land across the continent. No matter your choice, I will follow you, but I want to know why such a risk." He wanted to hear from Reina herself why they needed to travel so far for a temple that may or may not help them. This would be risking not just Reina's safety, but the lives of those that followed her. Gavril had witnessed first hand that Stanislavians were not ones for mercy, and he knew very well they'd make certain that Reina watched her friends die if they were defeated.

Reina suppressed a grimace that would have given Sadia's performance away as fake, although she was grateful to the woman for playing along.... odd thing, to be grateful to someone who had tried to kill her earlier. She tried to wait patiently as the others reacted and asked their questions, but it was hard for her to know how much to say and what not to at all. Her mind raced, silently begging Ahni for wisdom.

It helped that Gavril had asked essentially the same question as Sadia. "You're help will be welcome, Jebei," she answered slowly, "if you still want to help after you hear what I'm about to tell you."

She took a deep breath.

"Stanislav may want me as a political pawn, but what they really want is what I took from Anhi's temple before going. And no, it's better you don't know what that was or where it is now. I'd rather be the only one wearing that particular target." Her voice was soft, but set with stubbornness. "This - Anhi forgive me, but this is not a battle I believe we can win with force. Thalia never had those numbers and what we did have has been--"

It took her a moment to find the rest of her words, "I can't see any political allies siding with us right now. It's easier for them to strengthen their own boarders and leave Thalia to her fate. Unless- Unless I can bring some sort of advantage with me when I come asking for aid. Something that gives us enough of an edge that they prefer to take our side. What I seek from Miha could do that--" from Miha, not her temple. Reina became aware of that little slip almost as soon as she said it, but it was too late to backtrack now. Perhaps it would be overlooked.

She felt terrible keeping so much back from them, misleading them, but right now there were too many new faces and while she wished she could tell them about Anhi and the staff, about her quest, it felt better to wait. At least until she could be sure of them. Gavril she knew she could trust with her life, but he might decide her life was more important than the quest. Agato... she had a feeling that wasn't even his name. Sadia had tried to kill her, and Jebei - she felt terrible for dragging him into this mess.

Korwin shrugged, saying, “sure, I’ll work to get you there in one piece. What you plan to do there is hardly my concern.” Which had some good old truth in it. While it was vaguely interesting to confirm, filling in the gaps Reina had left with his outside knowledge, that she’d been given the quest and was on her way to complete it, her mission had no real bearing on his plan. So long as they got to the isles and he was able to collect his due. He’d make certain that Reina reached her destination, but everything else after that would be up to her. There was the matter of Sadia, but he was confident that it could be dealt with in due time.

It further amused him to watch Reina craft this little falsehood. He wondered if the others would be able to pierce it and divine the full truth behind her quest. Maybe they’ll focus on that, he thought, and hoped it. So far, the conversation had been delightfully on course of advancing Reina’s mission.

Sadia maintained her wide-eyed, shocked front. A slight twist to make it appear that this truly was new information and full of strange circumstances and providence. What this served was no more than a method to allow Reina to believe that she may have a chance at being able to read Sadia. Let Reina believe she could learn her tells. Which, of course, was ridiculous. While Sadia knew her masks were far from perfect, she also knew they were dang good. “My lady,” Sadia breathlessly said, “I’ll follow you all the way.”

@Jessica2477
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atanaclar caught her surprised and laugh a little bit, It was a long time since then that he hadn't had a laugh, "I do love the Pegasus, It is near and dear to my heart but there's something a wyvern that attracts me." He stopped for a moment to look at the wyvern, "It's about the way you tame it, don't get me wrong milady, both are equally hard to even get them to listen to you but the Pegasus doesn't eat a person!" He said to her as he chuckled, "Now having just heard that, I think it's best I have a Pegasus instead." He moved aside from the Wyvern and took a step back.

"Stanislav . . . " Atanaclar whispered to himself and it all came tumbling back, he began to hyperventilate as the memories came into mind.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Libera me, Domine, de morte æterna, in die illa tremenda
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Atanaclar clenched his hand into fist as the memory of that day, that day of wrath of calamity and misery came back to him. He can still feel the spear wounds around his body, he can still remember the bandits decapitating his father and arrowing down his mother and sister in front of him. He remembered the screams and wails of the innocent, the gnashing of teeth, the prayers offered for deliverance, the tears shed as mothers kissed their children one last time, he remembered it all . . . and he will never forget it and the demon in him will never forgive.

(Gorthaur)
"Did they enjoy it?" He said to her, hoarse yet almost like a snarl.

"Did they enjoy the killing of innocent's, the pillaging of homes, the burning of it's marble streets, and the rape of it's people of its dignity and home?!" He actually snarled at Ludivine, asking her if her people enjoyed taking everything from his people.

(Atanaclar)
"I-I . . . I didn't mean to say those words!" Atanaclar said as he clutched his head tightly, frantically looking at her with his eyes twitching violently, Atanaclar was having a post-traumatic episode. "I just . . . I could still hear them, the screams of my people . . . all crying out to the skies for deliverance and-"

(Gorthaur)
"- and began the persecution of the masses, where the streets of Thalia ran red with blood of the innocents." Gorthaur said to Ludivine, his eyes staring at her