slas de Abaroa, 26th day of Zoi in the Season of Growing 1012 ADW.
11 Days after the fall of Thalia.
Port City of
Levitum
@Thundermage @Takumi

"Ya ya, some of 'em might know. But, that's the main job of some of the other lads. Captain's got a whole ship of people, he's bound to use them beyond just simply hauling the goods up and on the boat. Mine's keeping you up and standing and reading alongside. Drinking gets to come after." Which, while imperfect, was probably for the best. The temple here might have something interesting to peruse. Though, he thought as he eyed the stonework, I doubt much will interest me.

The building was old, to be certain. As far as Rendan could guess, the masonry might have dated back to just after the Dragon War. Back when the Church of the Ages was sweeping the continent like a storm. Only to now be starting to be swept aside as the faith of the Brotherhood began to spring up while prayers for alms went unanswered. At least, that's what Rendan figured was the cause. However, all that meant for a series of islands and land masses masquerading as a unified nation was that it was a few more badgering priests, or "recruiters," trying to get everyone's attention. Meaning that most people still just casually worshiping at the various monasteries dotted across the isles.

Not that it meant much to Rendan. Long time ago had he left any sort of serious prayers back in his homeland. However, a temple of this size and age likely possessed some old records that, with good luck, would have something on Old Rogers. But, with the little there was, the answer was likely to be more age old legends, rather than historical fact. Still, he thought as the trio ascended the step, even a rumor as to what Rogers did with his trinket, or legends of one of his unfound treasure hordes will be worth it.

The stone was storm worn with salt lesions eating their way against its thick walls. Still, the stained glass decorations of mercy and forgiveness marked the temple's ornate history and its part in the Church of Ages. Even eaten down, it stood as a proud monolith against the ever shifting tides of time. Rendan idly wondered how strong an acid would be needed to eat a small hole in the roof.

Thalia, 23rd day of Zoi in the Season of Growing 1012 ADW.
8 Days after the fall of Thalia.
Capital City of
Thalia
@Falcon

"Paramour of Soldiers Caradoc Van'Ike," it wasn't a question. Nor did she turn to look. But it was far cry from her simply being familiar with his reporting style. It had never been a question since Caradoc had been serving in such a capacity for Tersch. She always seemed to know exactly who of her soldiers were reporting before her, regardless of how they approached. Even with footfalls that made no apparent sound. It was as if she pinned the individual's location in her mind. As if the displacement of air itself whispered their location. Tersch took the papers and briefly scanned them before rolling the scrolls back up. They didn't seem to hold her attention. In fact, the painting seemed to draw her gaze again.

For a mere moment, she was silent, before saying, "as you are well aware, Priestess Reina Portocalis, daughter and heir of the late Mediator Elias Portocalis and High Priestess Tasia Portocalis is missing. Having fled the capital from Miron's," his dishonor afforded him no rank in Stanislav anymore, "butchery. Currently, it is unknown if she knows that the danger has past and safe to return to Thalia. We are assuming, by her continued absence, that she has either been captured or unaware of the changes. It is possible that she is being fed false information and acting under the misguided thought to 'save' her country from those of us who are protecting it and it is unknown how many companions she may have. New information puts her having crossed the border of Thalia and into Eshil and near or in a town by the name of Abelsol. Your mission is thus, track and find the priestess, then report everything about her and her entourage to the Grand Warlords."

She paused for a breath. Letting the knowledge of who he would be reporting to sink in. "Should you deem it possible, return Priestess Portocalis to here in Thalia, both country and capital alive and with as little harm as possible. However, that is secondary to keeping track of her. Additional forces will be moved once you have ascertained her location, course, and entourage to better ensure her safety. Should you meet up with one Lieutenant Ludivine Daulfern, who has been confirmed to be in the area of the town and may be following the priestess herself, discern if she can be trusted. An inter legion trial has been authorized for you to carry out in this instance alone. But, meeting up with the Lieutenant is also secondary to keeping tabs upon the Priestess. In truth, all else is secondary. You have been given a dozen messenger pigeons for the purpose of keeping the Grand Warlords informed. Choose such men and women that you trust and depart no later than tomorrow. Tell no one else your task. Be as discrete and as swift as possible in completing your mission. Questions?"

Through it all, she never looked at Caradoc. Her grey eyes were foggy veils that revealed not a hint to the thoughts that doubtless rolled behind them. Though, they certainly did not seem unfocused. But they seemed to look beyond where she stood. Or were they simply upon the artwork in front of them. Or, perhaps, it was all a ruse and the Lordess Commander had just learned how to appear wholly set with her eyes and dedicate her mind to her ears to listen and her words to command.

Ludivine Daulfern
Mentions - @Falcon

In just a split moment, the marketplace had erupted into chaos as a group of mercenaries aimed to kidnap a blonde woman that was supposedly around the area. For what purpose, she wasn't sure. Apparently, they could get a ransom for her should they succeed... Ludivine had remained calm and level headed, and instead moved to hide behind cover. Why risk her life if this was not her battle?

She watched as the fight raged on, the thick scent of blood and other bodily fluids permeating the air around her, leaving her stomach a bit nauseous. Ludivine quickly shook it off and scanned the perimeters, first for the nearest escape route, next for the fighters that guarded blonde women.

She paid no attention to the swordswoman or the lancer, for something more important had caught her eyes.

'A-Alrevis?' Ludivine asked herself, seeing him cross blades with her brother for only a moment before they joined sides.

Gavril and Alrevis worked together with ease to take down the behemoth of a man that rushed after them. The big man, from the looks of it, had overestimated his own strength, and thus it was his downfall. A part of her wanted to approach them; to make this a happy little reunion. However, Stanislav had different intentions, and their intentions were hers as well. She could not make herself known as a Stanislavian soldier when Gavril was trying to protect her from them.

The scent of blood hit harder; more wounds opening and bodies falling. The people around her had quickly fled the scene to keep from becoming an innocent target. Ludivine stayed, searching the group for familiar blue hair or a green cloak.

Gavril was supposed to be protecting Reina but... where was she?

Had she slipped away? But, how? No way Gavril would have let her leave without some sort of protection... She looked closely at the battlefield, examining for anyone that could resemble Reina. Only one matched the description, save for the blonde hair. Ludivine's eyes fell on a girl holding a staff, with the same height and build as Reina. Gavril seemed to be protecting her, and the girl didn't seem to know what to do when all erupted into chaos.

It didn't take a genius to figure out just who that blonde girl was.

Suddenly, said girl made a run for the stables, Ludivine stepping to the side to let her pass. However, despite it being a passing glance, she was able to recognize something very important.

'The Thalian princess. You'll have to do a little better than changing your hair.'

Ludivine watched as the girl rushed to a bowman; the same bowman she'd been traveling with since the wyvern rider had begun following her.

'What a pain...'

She had no choice but to wait a little longer.

Gavril Daulfern

He readied his blade once again after impaling another enemy, the battle never truly over until Reina said to lower his guard. His blood rushed through his veins, adrenaline pumping through every inch of his body as the high of the battle urged him to continue. Gavril was normally more composed than this, but the fall of Thalia seemed to have made him weaker emotionally.

His armor was going to rust if he got more blood on it.

Reina's voice caught his attention, alerting him of where she was going. He acknowledged the information and briefly watched to see if anyone was going to follow her.

Of course, he didn't get much of a chance before more mercenaries were coming to fight. However, before Gavril could even swing his lance an orange sheep spirit came and begun ramming down the men. Another person, the fortune teller Reina had been speaking to, approached and introduced himself as an ally.

Gavril's sadistic smile turned kind towards the stranger. "Thank you. Any ally is a welcomed one." He said, slashing at a mercenary's leg to keep him from escaping the spirit's wrath. "The girl, you were trying to protect her, weren't you?"

Gavril had noticed that the man had aimed to keep her out of harm's way, much like the giant axeman that was on their side as well. He wanted to thank the two of them properly.

Suraya of Farrokhzad

The spellbook handed back to her, though Suraya stayed smiling, her eyes gave the impression that she was cringing. "Ah yes, my dear book when I went through my darkness phase. I enjoy the dark arts, but I wish those memories did not have to involve my black clothing and edge." She giggled despite her pain.

"Well, a pleasure to meet you Esmail, Joris, and Levi. My travels will continue as normal, but with you, my new friends!"

Suraya twirled in her spot, obviously happy about the new company. "La la la~ A new journey awaits us! But first, somewhere to rest. Let us see where our path leads to." She looked towards Levi. "Do you have a horse to ride, friend?"

23rd day of Zoi - 8 Days after the fall of Thalia
Eshil, Abelsol Marketplace

@Nomad-22 @Verran @Takumi @TheSly @Lady White @Conway @Jessica2477 @ElDorado @Azurian Dream

Reina Hesitate in jumping behind Jebei and his horse. Although she did glance behind a see that Martha was following. Galloway was more sheltered than other parts of the market, and she could see a clear path through, but they were still somewhat in the danger zone.
She barely spared a glance for Sadia's presence before Korwin showed up, and while she could see the anger in his eyes she was able to hold his gaze, shifting it only when Martha followed as well. Her eyes swivelled to the man bearing the sword that followed her soon after, but she spoke only to her old friend.

"Martha, it's good to see you. I wasn't sure if you'd been in the city or not when it fell… but there's no time to talk. Gather your people, we're going to leave. I saw a map in the Inn. There's a large stand of trees in the north East side, if we go out in small groups and meet there… Less noticeable than all at once I think, and then we can talk and make a plan before moving out, whatever that looks like."

Her mind was reeling, trying to think of the best way. Politics was her strong suit however, not strategy. Still small covert groups seemed to be less noticable. She knew how people talked whenever a large party of anyone had arrived in the Main city, before all this had begun.
Her eyes glance back out into the main square where people were still fighting. "Gavril's still out there… can you get word to him too? Grove of trees on the Northeast side… I'll heal all I can there."

Evening,
22nd day of Zoi - 7 Days after the fall of Thalia
Ufral, the Border Town of Tahir

@Conway, @Fyrra, @Jessica2477 @TheSly

"I am not a mercenary," Esmail stated a slow smile spreading across his face. "But I was hired to protect her. Yet your healer companion is correct." his eyes shifted to Naira. "we should move on, find a safe place to camp for the night. And then, I shall explain everything that I am able."
Emotions with his hand South, towards the He motions with his hand South, towards the Eshil border. "We can make it across the line at a walker's pace before night grows too dark, and I believe my companion Joris here can find us a decent spot for a camp?"

It would take a few hours, but the road was good, wide and well paved, and shortly before the moon rose above the horizon they passed the pillar that marked the boundary between the two countries. Not that Eshil could truly count as country as divided as it was between its own people, each town and city with its own system of government and symbol. It wasn't long after that that they found a place to set up camp.

"Now," Esmail stated after they had set up places for sleeping and a good fire for warmth, although he noted that here in the grasslands it already seemed warmer that he was used to at night. "I believe you wanted explanations. Lady Sayura is the daughter of one of the noble houses of Ufral. I was contracted my her mother to protect her until she returns home. There is no time limit on her return, and it was never stipulated that the return be permanent. Thus you are simply stuck with me as a guard and companion until that time should come." His grin was sly and made darker by the flickering firelight. "I did Joris a favor here and thus he is doing me one in return…. Although one might argue that with your recent rescue everything is now even."

He glance sidelong at the other man, waiting to see how he would call the matter.

"Any other questions? shall we call it a night? or plan for the morning? or plan at dawn?"

Thalia, Capitol City

Caradoc could feel his shoulders relax. that last pigeon must have carried this good news. At last they had a direction. He took in his orders, nodding with each instruction, clearly committing it to memory. Not a word escaped his lips to interrupt.
But when she asked for questions he nodded the affirmative. "Only one, my lordess Commander. Shall I inform my chosen team of our goal, or it it better to keep them in the dark as well?"

He would if directed to do so, but they would be heading into yet another country and clearly looking for something. Caradoc always felt it was better to let his unit have at least the basics of what they would be doing.

Evening,
19th day of Zoi - 4 Days after the fall of Thalia
Atrea, Main Road south of Nahstrand and the Great River

((Collab with @Verran and @Azurian Dream))

"Run you fools its catching up," a rather panicked bandit screamed as he, and his four lackeys ran from some unseen force within the forest pushing them to the limits of hysteria. Originally the group had been much larger, and had just successfully robbed a rather wealthy sum of merchant supplies coming in from foreign commune near Atrea's borders. The load had been a massive resupply of weapons well steeled ones at that meant for Atrea's army. While at the time the bandits had considered it the break of a life time the now thinned remains were in belief that the very job had now cursed them to nightmares unimaginable. The first mistake albeit was them taking to an area they new little about. A massive forest not far at all from the capital rumored to be cursed since the death of the Lords first son quite a few years ago.

"Twenty strong, and were all whats left WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO DESERVE THIS," one of the now exhausted bandits screamed foolishly causing the leader to cringe in despair. Whatever it was had started chasing them not more then three day ago, and in that time had robbed their group of horses, food, and what little comforts like tents they had. At first it was just two men that had disappeared nothing strange as sometimes after a big haul some would break off to enjoy what they had. Yet those two bodies would later turned up hanged from a tree not to far from their camp.

"You fool you've given us up," the leader gritted starving, dehydrated, and running off little sleep. The remaining men looked around hoping to hear anything that could allude to their attacker. On the second day their tents had been set afire killing one poor sleeping fool, and their horses cut loose trampling another. Six others succumbed to food poisoning, and pollution of their water tankers.On the third day hysteria had finally kicked in making the men believe someone among them was to blame, and that's when the nightmares truly began.

"Stay together if you want to live," the leader shuddered his teeth rattling as he began pulling out a hand ax ready to throw at the mere sight of someone, or thing he didn't recognize. The other men pulled out swords, and ax's alike trembling nearly unable to hold their weapons properly. The shiny weapons they now all believed had doomed them they still refused to let go. Avarice was to be their downfall even at the end. The last five were lost to an attempt to hunt what was hunting them. They had broken into two group hoping to find the bastard who had broken them down so easily, but yet again whatever it was had the upper hand. The other group had been found riddled with arrows of unnatural design.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM USE DON'T WE DESERVE TO FEND FOR OURSELVES WHATEVER MEANS POSSIBLE."

"Shut Your mouth, or I will end you myse....," the leader was seething about to impale the idiot himself until as he turned to find a arrow doing it for him. Falling backward the raving bandit's life was ended instantly upon impact with the ground with a unusual arrow sticking out out of his head. The leaders grip on the hand ax falter for a moment as sweat over took his face before gripping hard on his weapons handle. Unfortunately before he could keep what little of his men he had left in line the rest screamed in terror dropping their weapons, and running deeper into the woods. The leader stood still uncertain whether to do the same, or stand his ground. What he did know was the sudden emptiness of one of the screaming men... whatever it was had gone after his men... he had a chance. Running in the opposite direction the bandit leader with the remainder of his strength ran for his life with scenery that would feel like an endless loop. That was until at the end of his wit he found himself out of the dimmed forest into the bright outside hill top near a decaying bridge, and a flowing river below. He was out... his men were probably dead..and his spoils were all gone, but his life had been....

"Sparred is something i will not allot you," a voice smoothly chuckled from behind the bandit leader who had started to cross the bridge. Slowly the bandit could feel his heart beating out of control... what was he to discover behind? A monster, a grotesque haunted corpse, a fallen knight, one of the guards they had slain to get the weapons. What he was met with was none of those things... just a archer?

"The hell," the bandit mumble turning fully to size up the rather unnatural yellowed eyed man who was at the beginning of the roped bridge. It was just one man... an actual man. With features unnaturally normal though albeit strangely familiar as if resembling someone the bandit had once seen before. The archer had the usual design of a archer with black, and small amounts of pink underneath. Yet teh strangest thing was the archer seemed rather... noble like. As if one of those richer men you would see running land.

"Oh trust me you will be there soon enough to meet your fallen comrades," the somewhat noble looking man grinned walking towards the bandit.

"What have you to do this? Were you the owner of that caravan?"

"No."

"Did we kill some one close to you?"

"No."

"THEN WHAT DID WE DO TO DESERVE SUCH IRE," the archer halted his yellow hair slightly moving with the wind as this question seemed to give pause to the man. The bandit hoping to save his skin immediately threw his hand ax ending in a miserable miss as the archer simply side stepped with a quick reflexive response. The ax did however meet with one of the ropes holding the bridge causing a sudden jolt to violently shake the already decaying bridge.

"You stole from those that protect this land, those who deserve better tool to protect their fellow Atreains, and themselves... such treasures were not meant for honor-less Atreaian men like yourselves," the archer spoke with no remorse as he started to continue his path toward the bandit a unusual bow at the ready as he grasped onto one of his arrows.

"Honor? You hunt us like animals, and say this is done in honor," the bandit screamed grasping at straws to find a way out of this madness as running away on the violently shaking bridge was clearly not an option. Any rash movement would probably send both plummeting to their death.

"True I did hunt you like the animals you were, I did kill those that killed others in the name of murderous profit. I have done simply the verdict you have brought upon yourselves, but lets play "fair" then to your opinion on justice," the archers grin twisted a bit as he readied a arrow pointing not at the bandit, yet at the lone viable rope holding the bridge barely together. "Lets see if your gamble on life favors you, or me," he maliciously whispered letting loose the arrow as the bandit screamed in horror before both archer, and bandit fell to the water depths below. The last thing the bandit would ever see was the archer diving straight for him with another arrow already notched with what could only be described as the devils delight plastered across his face. The bandit wouldn't hit the water alive, and the archer submerged would find himself trapped in the rapids as the waters took him wherever they deemed to be fated.

The river flowed south past the Atrean Capital of Nahstrand, turning east, and then hooking to angle south again towards the ocean. This perhaps, was one of the largest rivers in the country, churning through bubbling rapids and deep pools, small waterfalls lined its course, and in places the bank was so steep you couldn't get from one side to the other if you wanted to. There were fords, and bridges, and shallow places where horses could be led to drink.

It was by one of these pools that a small Merchant woman led a soft gray donkey to the water. She had unburden the animal of his packs and set them aside intending to make camp just a little ways from the road where she would be an easy distance from the river as well. Travelers might see her tent, but it was also a secure location for the night as a rocky outcropping stood nearby which could give added protection.

If one charted the location on a map, they would find it was about 80 miles from the ocean, and 40 miles from the country's capital. Walking, as this particular merchant did, that would make about two long days one direction or one very long day the other. Neither location was her destination. She was traveling south, towards Eshil. Her course was to proceed to the crossroads, and then take the rout southwest to lake Charmont, a journey of about 160 miles, From there it would be another 160 miles to any number of border towns depending on where she chose to go. That would be about 10 days total if she traveled nonstop. She expected a full two weeks if not longer. She hoped to find places to rest and sell her wares.

This woman didn't yet have a set route to take. She was not yet that well established. Perhaps someday she might be well enough known for that. Perhaps someday people would expect her coming at certain times of the year, she could have a cart or wagon to carry her goods and a second donkey to lighten the load and make the journey faster. Perhaps someday she might even have a business partner. But that would be far in the future if at all. For now, she wanted to earn enough to pay her way, plus a little extra. If she could bring back a decent profit then maybe the merchant guild might be pleased with her, but even if they were not at least her father would know he had taught her well.

She sat down at the bank while the donkey drank, and pulled off her thick hide boots and stockings, revealing toes that had almost a paw like quality to their underside, sharp nails, and a fine layer of dark fur over the top, before plunging them into the cool water.

"Ah, My Gus," She started, talking to the donkey, "Guster I think this is a fine place for the night. Plenty of fresh water, cool green grass for you, and I have a nice set of travel fare from that last town we were at. The rocks make it safe, the road makes it profitable…"

But as she spoke she trailed off, sharp brown eyes catching the telltale flash of something pink in the water. Small, softly pointed ears sprang forward, unfolding themselves from where they had been hidden beneath the hair of her messy ponytail.

"I think… is that a man?" The pink rose to the surface of the water again and this time she could clearly see that it was indeed the shape of someone's shirt.

With a splash The woman chucked her tan overcoat, revealing a ringed tail, and dove into the water. It took a moment to fight the current and reach the figure, and another two or three to roll him to his back and pull him out. Fortunately, he was limp and the lack of struggle made it easier. Unfortunately, he was also unconscious and dragging him up to shore took almost more strength then she had in her small frame. It was made even more difficult by the fact that he still held a bow in his left hand clutched in a vice-like grip.

Once she was sure she had him out of danger of being washed away again, the merchant woman tore open the pink shirt, which had been his saving grace, to bare his chest and press her ear against it. She was listening for a heartbeat, and watching for any rise and fall that gave sign there was still breath in the man's body.

"Brother... do you think i can change the world like you, and dad? Brother? BROTHER?."

"BLAGHHHH," the archer sudden jolted to life spitting out a massive amount of water to his right side rather fortunately for the woman to his left side. As life decided he was to live at the moment the archer was finding life to be a freaking asshole. That height should have killed him, instead though it bruised his whole body, and made him experience drowning for a second time.

"At least... it wasn't... a waterfall," he breathed not exactly happily with his third found life in a watery grave situation... he really needed to stay away from water. As his senses came full swing his eyes winced in pain as his gauntlet hand screeched against the bow he held the string clearly destroyed with that last shot.

"Another failed product," he mumbled as his brain did its best to help him not get overtaken by the pain as he reverted his eyes from his weapon to the woman who had clearly saved him. About then is when he noticed the animal traits as his eyes stopped squinting in pain. She was a shapeshifter with racoon like appendages... that... was a rare sight even for Atrea.

"I give you my thanks miss. You shouldn't have chanced such dangers for a stranger," he spoke with his soothing voice rolling his shoulders as pain quickly set in again. Hilarious how twenty men could not touch him, but one bath wrecked his day.

"May I ask your name?"

"You may call me Aina, My lord" the woman responded as she folded her ears back again, adjusted her hair, and then reached for her coat to cover the tail. There was no hiding the shadowy rings around her eyes though.

"And may I ask if you know your own name? The cut and color of your clothing give away the fact that at one point you came from money or had money yourself. Pink is not a common color among the masses." A moment later she wished she hadn't spoken those words. He was in the river bow in hand meaning he had been fighting. Knowing who he was might put her in danger as well. "As for the water, I swim like a duck and what sort of woman would I be to let a man drown? Is anything broken? Can you move?"

"Guh... your mistaken miss Aina.. I am no lord... not by a long shot," he lied though not fully he was indeed a lord, but one not alive by societies eyes. With his senses now back in full tow he was able to give her a once over noticing the rather unique black circles around her eyes. In fact he noticed it so much it was rather hard not to look almost deeply into them.

"... Yes I am Lauvus Meristrom," twas another lie, but the truth was dangerous in the wrong hands. This girl did not deserve that trouble not after the unique genuine nature she had shown him.

"Its nice to see someone hearted like you once in a blue moon," he spoke looking over to his bow the string needed a better material for now he could harden the next design, but the issue would remain. He tried to stand up to get back to what he needed to do, but as soon as he was on his legs ready to distance himself from Aina his legs decided it wanted a emergency meeting with the ground as he fell flat hard.

"I recommend you make your way miss Aina, but before you go can you tell me how far the capital currently it?"
"Forty miles or a very long full days's journey if you're fleet of foot and walk with very little rest. But you're not going to the capitol right now in your condition." She both chided and answered his question as she took his arm and helped him back to a nice patch of grass near where the grey donkey was grazing.

"Even Gus knows to rest after a long day, and we are only a few hours from sunset. Rest, eat, sleep, and in the morning we will talk of destinations."

Even as she spoke Aina was in the midst of clearing the ground and preparing a fire ring, bringing out a small tender box once enough dry wood was collected. After this came the clearing of the ground and pitching of a large tan tent. All done faster than one might have thought possible until it was realized that much practice came from making such a camp on a daily bases.

As she finished the tent a number of small packages, rolled bundles, and sealed barrels were moved inside out of the danger of the weather. Each was marked in the calligraphic symbols of the Midori tongue. Only then did she bring out a bag that contained food.

"If you like I can try for some fish instead."

He had been carried rather far... more than he could have even fathomed it seemed. It seemed fate was still on his side for now, and thus he gave a soft growl before rubbing his bow ending with something of a sporadic chuckle.

"I must tickle your fancy my friendly tanuki," he smiled mischievously caving into the fact this woman was not going to leave him alone in his current state. But it was clear he knew what she was in earnest, and clearly was not bothered by it. He noticed the mount Gus a rather well kept equine of healthy notion rather friendly to with the way Aina spoke of him.

"I will take what you offer, but please understand anything you do I will consider a debt that I will pay back," he spoke strangely albeit a bit ominous, but all around seemingly genuine.

"So you hail from Midori my vixenous companion?"

"Aina, who is this?"

As soft as the breeze, Iori strode up. Blade, while still sheathed, was in her hand. Naked distrust shone from her bright. She had been some distance away, out of immediate earshot and praying her farewell to the day and the greetings of the night. Hoping that the meal would be simple affair with light conversation. Then some training and to sleep before another day of travel, prayers and, if she was lucky, a bit of bounty hunting. If still mildly lucky, a town or village that would have need of a blacksmith. However, returning for dinner had lead her to the current scene. It was classic Aina. Not at all worried about how dangerous random strangers could be. All she could hope is that her friend had not fished the stranger out of the river. Judging by the state of his clothes, however, it looked like she had. Given all that, Iori wasn't about to be as welcoming. Especially considering how he was looking at Aina. An innocent enough look, but she knew what it could turn into. Or what could be hidden behind it. As such, there was no need to be concerned with the pleasantries.

Aina's eyebrow rose as he called her vixenous, but she focused instead on his earlier inquiry.

"Yes, I hail from Midori. As for my fancy, I don't typically respond to the flirtations of strange men, but given the fact that you just stated you owe me a debt... I don't see any harm in keeping you around. We shall have to see if--"

But before she could continue further another presence made itself known. A younger woman, of what Aina would call a peculiar disposition, approached and announced herself. She did not look happy at all.

"May I introduce you to Iori, my traveling companion for the moment. After all a merchant does not do well on these roads alone." She offered a smile to her white-haired companion, ignoring the glare.

"Iroi, you might say I went fishing, and caught our new friend here. Lauvus says he owes me a debt, although I wasn't aware that Atreans saw honor in such things. I always thought that life debts were a pure Midorian Tradition. Still, I suppose that makes us responsible for each other now, at least until everything's settled. And you do know how I am about making sure all accounts are settled."

There was as much warning in that as there was promise. Aina may believe Iori to be extreme in her beliefs, od course she could hardly ask for a better companion or guard. So long as Iori didn't choose to see enemies in those that may yet become allies. And a debt, in Aina's book, was a strong thing indeed.

"...AHAHAHAHA," surprisingly Lauvus broke into laughter upon this tense moment as he was clearly being cautioned by this new person with sword at the ready to cut him. He had to admit he was for her caution that clearly balanced out the merchants kinder disposition.

"That is unfortunately very true regardless where you go, or even if your well guarded," Lauvus lulled in response to Aina's comment about the dangers of traveling these roads. Hell he had just ended one such situation after all before being fished out. Yet As this Iori was introduced the first thing he immediately noticed was her hands... not that they were ready to slice him with a Midorian sword, but for something rather surprisingly they clearly shared.

"Well Midorian culture definitely holds the term closer to heart then most countries, but you can definitely find people here, and there from other countries who don't favor not repaying those that fish them out like a trout," Lauvus chuckled before grabbing his bow in a reverse grip to show Iori his weapon was unusable at the moment anyways. He even showed her his hunting knife as a sign of peaceful endeavor placing it on the ground along with his string-less bow.

"I promise I am a man of my word. Besides I only fight unjust people, or in self defense." The first part was clearly in means of a peaceful nature yet the second was in equal par as a warning to Iori. He had no desire to fight especially with Aina having saved him, the condition his body/weapon was in, and the fact well there was clearly nothing evil about these two. Yet if Iori wanted to push the envelop she would find he wouldn't budge, or go out that easily even in his current state.

"Also lets be honest how often do blacksmiths from two different cultures meet? We should be trading drink, and techniques rather then hostilities," he chuckled his tension, and seriousness completely gone with a more jovial smile as he showed Iori his hands to prove his words with the signature look of a blacksmiths most important tool. His hands were not messed up, or anything yet were clearly covered in the marks of the trade. While that would be a pleasant switch to this turnabout the way Lauvus nature seemed to change on command would probably bring some worry. However, he was use to it social interaction was a talent he barely had even before... his life changing incident.

"No."

Iori's deadpan forestalled any overture of friendship from the Atrean and bluntly brought her continued disposition to bear. Trusting the man less with every shift in personality and countenance, she sat herself down by the fire across from Lauvus and pulled out a parcel of dried seaweed. But didn't put her sword away. Iori had no idea how he was able to pick up on her primary means of sustenance while she was wearing a full kimono and only cared as so much that it meant he was incredibly observant. Which only deepened her distrust. A man who could change faces so quickly and notice subtle details meant that he knew many kinds of seduction, least of which was flattery, or was a clear-eyed fool. Coupled with trying to comfort her that he was, at the least, down a weapon but threatening to defend himself if necessary continued to hedge friendship away and confirmed to her that he must have more weapons on him.

Either the man knew exactly what he was doing, or was completely foolish in wrapping himself in contradictory behaviors. In any event, until the man did anything untoward to herself or Aina, she couldn't do anything. "Promises are like spirits of the wind. Sacred, yet full of tales that may or may not be true. If Aina says you owe her a life debt, I believe it. While I know her capable of handling herself, I'd be a negligent friend if I didn't help her collect it to the last letter," she said before turning to her fellow Midorian with a tone that was akin to kindness. Which, for Iori, it actually was. "Aina, beyond picking up flotsam of the river, how has your evening been?"

"Well I got camp set," Aina answered idly watching the sky before digging into a bag and parceling out the evening's ration of bread and dried fruit. From another parcel of oil skin she unveiled a bit of cured ham which she again divided into three. A small notebook was drawn from a sleeve and in it she made some marks clearly keeping track of their rations.

"Put away the inventory for the night. I got Gus rubbed down, watered and fed. And I fished our new companion out of the river and revived him." She paused a moment studying the page. "I think I will go fishing after we eat while there's still daylight left. If you would be so kind to prepare some tea while I do. Wouldn't hurt to supplement our rations since I'm going to take a loss on a bed roll... possibly some arrows too unless you have enough coin on you to buy them outright?"

This last was said to the man in question, and this time there was an appraising look to her eyes. Almost as if she was appraising everything she could see on him in hopes of finding some proof that he was, as she had originally guessed, a lord.

"Unfortunate," Lauvus smiled in a soft disdain, but respected the womans wishes as he chuckled at her flotsom comment rather the rude attitude the midorian expressed. Yet there was charm to it she was set to her ways, and he respected it. He watched the two converse until the tanuki girl brought the attention back to him in a way that heavily gave what she was trying to prove from earlier.

"No worries most of my nights are spent sleeping on the ground regardless you do not need to waste your extra bed roll besides we wouldn't want this one to walk up without her extra comfort now would we," he poked fun lightly at Iori trying to alais bring her down a peg for the sack of mending some sort of easy alliance between them, or at least see if she would fluster up for fun. It had been a long while since Lauvus had companions so it would be unjust to not enjoy it a little.

"And no worries i actually craft my own gear from the fruits of the land once the soreness eases over I'll be taking a moment to gather some material to restock. Thankfully this bag didn't get swept away," he smiled showing a small medium hand made pouch from wolf skin clearly from the more hostile breed in Atreians land. Once opened it reveal a multitude of rolled bow strings each different from the next.

"These would have been harder to replace," he chimed picking out a light blue string that he started to use to rearm his bow to function.

"Had to hunt some... unique things to make these... unfortunately they have been unsuccessful for the specs of this bow," he explained as he did the final notch touch testing the string to a satisfying strum of the string.

"So then where are we heading my merry band," Lauvus had already handled the issue with the stolen gear another lord would be combing that forest for the stolen loot, and they would find it that he knew... well along with the bodies... hopefully that wouldn't create some weird ghost story for the woods.

"Well, I guess that's most everything," she said to Aina, then turned to Lauvus and curtly replied, "if you prefer the ground, then I'll not deny it from you. After all, the spirits are plentiful and the bed they make is soft for weary limbs," completely missing the light subtle jab. She did, however, recognize the 'string' for the bow. Not from her work as a blacksmith. In fact, as a blacksmith, she had hardly ever dealt with them as they were far more for the work of bowers and fletchers with the only occasional request to make steel-headed arrows. And even those had been rare as the guards from the hometown often used stone heads to save on money and resources. Preferring to commission her and her master towards blades and armor.

It was her other line of work that pulled familiarity on the strings for she had battled similar creatures herself. For faith and profit she had tracked them to their layers and drew them out to face her and devoured their hearts. In cutting to their hearts, she had seen all sorts of guts and sinew and this was certainly some strand of tense yet supple muscle. If he's telling the truth, that is, she thought with her continued resolution to not trust him. However, that would mean his heart would be worth eating. Should he turn hostile. Then, deciding that if she wasn't going to trust him anyway, she may as well try to find out why he was in the river. Even if she didn't believe whatever answer he gave. "Why were you in the river anyway. Clearly not for the for the sake of a swim."

It was at that Point that Aina began pulling fishing gear together and headed back to the river.

Eshil, 23rd day of Zoi in the Season of Growing 1012 ADW.
Trading town of
Abelsol

His vigilance had not been for not. In keeping continual tabs on Reina led Korwin to witnessing a simple, yet critical event. A cloaked figure stepped out of the 'princess's' path. Humorous, really, how simple it was. First, a full blown battle was happening feet away and, while so insignificant that the alleged seer had found time to have a full blown monologue as to why a bandit should give up their way of life without anyone stabbing him in the back, it was chaotic enough that those who were not actively fighting, were running and cowering in fear. Said cloaked figure was not either of those categories. Second, cloaks were wonderful articles of clothing. They hid one's face, profile, and armaments, but, without the proper gear, were horrendous in making one stand out. For various reasons, they were mainly worn by shady individuals or travelers or even the occasional monk. Clearly, the one was not a holy person. No, he thought, this one's a watcher.

A string of internal curses followed this mental remark as he put the thought to the side. Drawing up a list as to who the figure could serve or if they were merely hoping to profit from the growing litter of corpses. At the end of the day, it didn't matter. As far as he was concerned, they were already compromised. For now, he'd keep the watcher to himself, although he was sure that Sadia noticed the cloaked individual too. He turned his mind to Reina's plan. In short, it would serve. Expediency was key. The small forested region was indeed nearby, but it was the only piece of cover for many miles. It would serve as a meeting point. But anything further would turn the place into a trap. "Then you'll be in the first group out and the delay between groups can be no later than twenty minutes."

Sadia, naturally, had picked out the robed human through the same grace of simply not letting Reina out of her side. Nor even truly allowing the woman to leave her side. The assassin's natural instinct was, of course, to seek out the truth behind it as she shared the suspicions as Korwin. Yet, the life of an overly romanticized undercover agent certainly was limiting. Bound to her role as a maid, she was no freer to charge after suspicious individuals than she was able to start dancing a merry jig. For now, all there was to do was sit back, relax, and wait for the proper time.

Reactions: DesReploid

"Seems we owe you thanks," Alrevis spoke to the spellcaster of the sheep spirit. Gavril had made thanks as well to the newcomer who had been at Reina's side earlier. The problem was now that she was gone, and thanks to the fight at hand she was further, and further from them. The bigger issue however was if their were any problems in between them, and her now.

"Let us make use of this chaos, and push forward Gavril we need to catch up with her before something worse comes are way," Alrevis spoke distinctly in a manner that would tell his old friend that haste was now the game at hand as the tactician raced after Reina's direction. Alrevis knew these bandits had no hands in what cam from his worries. Yet it had been months since he had been home their was no way he could chance any traps made for the girl being tripped. With a faster pace Alrevis pulled his spellbook as he turned a corner a pair of bandits clearly lookjing for any escapees.

"ARC WIND," a powerful flurry of bladed wind spilled forward in torrent sending both easily panicked foes straight back slamming painfully unconscious against the building behind them as Alrevis passed them in turn. Where was she now? Had Gavril kept up as well as the caster/Lazquez? All Alrvis knew was he need to pass information onto her, and soon least the dangers she didn't know came in like a tidal wave to sweep her world away, and humanities only hope of staying free... or alive.

Levi Callaghan
7 Days after the fall of Thalia
Near the border town of Tahir, Ufral
Mentions - @Fyrra, @Jessica2477, @Falcon, @Conway

The cheery demeanor of the young red haired woman made it almost impossible to believe she ever went through a phase like the one she described. Levi thought back to his own childhood, maybe it was the constant travel or the fact that at any given point in time he was never in any way robbed of his own freedom to do, think or say whatever he wanted, maybe he simply could not remember, but he could not recall a time in which he had such a "dark" phase.

The only time he could remember that he went through a phase was when he started wearing colors like purple and pink, while he just liked the look of these colors, his family though that he would be one of those people that had romantic feelings toward the same gender, his old man would certainly not have appreciated that, but that was never the reason Levi dressed the way he did in the first place, and with a short glance downward at his purple shirt he confirmed to himself that this "phase" of wearing purple or pink had not yet stopped.

Levi was pulled as he was addressed directly by the red haired woman asking if he had a horse to ride on, to which Levi simply shook his head absent mindedly, only half way paying attention, as an answer to her question. However, one word stuck in his mind for a few seconds after she had said it - "friend" - Levi was not entirely sure about whether or not he would call these people friends, especially regarding the dark mage and the lancer, but Suraya seemed to be more optimistic - or naive, than he was. At the same time, it also filled Levi with a sense of confidence and happiness. On his current travels he had not been able to make friends, and in his childhood, thanks to the occupation of his father, which came with constant travelling from one place to another, he had only ever know two others he would call friends, not counting his father, and even then both of these persons were part of the family, so Levi was uncertain if it even properly counted as friends. If not, then this woman - Who was probably just as unaware of how to properly interact with other humans as he was - would be the first friend he ever made. The though appeared odd to him, especially taking into consideration that many would consider him a young adult, one would expect someone of his age to have a circle of friends around him, but it appears that every rule is only solidified by the exception.

Once again his train of thought was interrupted, when the dark mage spoke. Levi felt his right hand twitch around the end of the arrow that he still held against his bow's string, and his left arm jerking upward as if to take aim, when he heard his voice. Both motions where only barely noticable, Levi was even surprised with himself that he noticed it.

The suggestion of the magician, to cross the border to Eshil and set up camp there was one that the rest of the group easily agreed upon. Although, Levi had to admit to himself that he was a little disappointed when he was making his way back to from where had just come. As to why he even followed the group in the very first place, this was a mystery to him just as much as it would be to anyone who would pay any mind to it. He simply felt an urge to follow them, maybe because he felt that leaving the two women with a dark mage and a lancer of questionable goals was dangerous, or maybe he just simply took a liking to the happy ways of Suraya.

When they set up camp, Levi did get the explanation he had asked the magician for before. Since nobody took the opportunity to correct the dark mage on anything he had said Levi assumed that what he had told him was the truth.

However, after a second or two of processing the information that was given to him, Levi felt oddly out of place. Everyone here seemed to have a connection to Suraya, except for him, who was there because of a reason even he could not have explained if he was asked. Not only that, Suraya, like he had figured before was, in fact, royalty, which made him a little uncomfortable about the behaviour he had put on earlier, after all, should one not act his best around royalty?

The questions that the dark magician had asked were again only been answered by Levi shaking his head in an absent minded manner. He had already begun sinking deeper and deeper into his own train of thought to produce more of an answer than that.

He looked Suraya and her other verdant haired companion. Curious, like a child who had just discovered something new, that he had never seen before in his life. Levi could not help but wonder if her companion was of royal blood as well, he did not know if that would make him feel worse about his behaviour, or if would change anything at all for that matter. When looking the verdant haired one over a few times, he did not remember her ever introducing herself, or being introduced for that matter.

Levi was standing throughout the entire explanation that he was given and also as he continued and continued his train of thought, it may have been due to the way he was raised, but the violet archer preferred standing or walking a lot more than sitting. However, after thinking and thinking about whether or not Lady Suraya's companion had introduced herself and coming to the conclusion that either she had not done so, or he had simply overheard it.

Levi figured that his prolonged staring at the verdant haired rider was already weird enough, so he might as well put the cherry on top by sitting down right next to her, almost so close that their shoulders could touch, effectively forgetting about the concept of personal space. Only then he noticed that he had no idea what he was supposed to say. He silently cursed his father and his upbringing, this is what happens when you never learn how to properly socialize with other people.

"Uhm... I'm Levi." He immediately cut himself of. She knew his name, he had introduced himself earlier. Stupid, he scolded himself in his mind for a split second before trying to continue... somehow.

"But, uhm, I think you know that." He attached a silent quick laugh at the end, as if to play off his second introduction as a joke.

"I think I missed your name back there. Would you care to tell me again?" Levi tried to sound as nice as possible, hoping that the atrean dialect that accompanied his voice helped him at least a little bit in that endeavour.

Denzin san Viago
8 Days after the fall of Thalia
Ablesol Marketplace, Eshil
Mentions - @Falcon, @Jessica2477, @Lady White, @Azurian Dream

Maybe Denzin was enjoying himself a little too much, as he repeated the incantation to summon his little lamb over and over, cracking and breaking bones every time it impacted another bandit, sometimes resummoning it just to completely crush the stomach, chest, or head of an attacker that had already been take of their feet. To the thanks of the armored fighter and the tactician he only reacted with a nod and a smile, making sure not to bare his fangs to the men, after all, he had no idea how they would react to one such as him.

As soon as the spellcaster spoke and ran off, Denzin turned to look after him. He went into roughly the same direction where he and the little princess had been standing earlier.

"It appears that your book-enthusiastic friend wants to reunite with the little princess. Shall we follow him?" Denzin asked, not expecting an answer, and without turning back to the armored man. He then took off after the tactician himself. As he walked he occasionally spun in circles summoning his lamb to take down any nearby attacker, of which the spellcaster had already done a good job, only few had managed to avoid the winds he conjured, and those were now either killed or knocked into unconsciousness by his trusted lamb.

The silver haired one had stopped dead in his tracks looking around and Denzin did not fail to notice that he had seemingly not an idea where the little princess had taken off to.

"Having trouble spotting the worst liar I have ever seen?" Denzin asked with a light mocking tone shortly before he stopped and moved in front of the spellcaster. Denzin knew where she had darted off to, he would have been embarrassed if he would not know.

"Over there, pretty." He said, rolling his eyes sarcastically, as if he was a husband or wife playfully scolding their beloved. He then proceeded to poke the tip of the other one's nose with a playful smile, before moving his hand to the silver haired one's chin and lightly pushing the other's head the direction, as well as using his free hand to motion into the same direction, of the alleyway he knew the princess ran off to, if she was still there was an entirely different topic.

Then Denzin took off into the direction he had just pointed out before the other said a word.

@Nomad-22 @Verran @Takumi @TheSly @Lady White @Conway @Jessica2477 @ElDorado @Azurian Dream

Reina Hesitate in jumping behind Jebei and his horse. Although she did glance behind a see that Martha was following. Galloway was more sheltered than other parts of the market, and she could see a clear path through, but they were still somewhat in the danger zone.
She barely spared a glance for Sadia's presence before Korwin showed up, and while she could see the anger in his eyes she was able to hold his gaze, shifting it only when Martha followed as well. Her eyes swivelled to the man bearing the sword that followed her soon after, but she spoke only to her old friend.

"Martha, it's good to see you. I wasn't sure if you'd been in the city or not when it fell… but there's no time to talk. Gather your people, we're going to leave. I saw a map in the Inn. There's a large stand of trees in the north East side, if we go out in small groups and meet there… Less noticeable than all at once I think, and then we can talk and make a plan before moving out, whatever that looks like."

Her mind was reeling, trying to think of the best way. Politics was her strong suit however, not strategy. Still small covert groups seemed to be less noticable. She knew how people talked whenever a large party of anyone had arrived in the Main city, before all this had begun.
Her eyes glance back out into the main square where people were still fighting. "Gavril's still out there… can you get word to him too? Grove of trees on the Northeast side… I'll heal all I can there."

Martha Fabre
Eshil's Abelsol

"It's good to see you as well. My father sent me away before Thalia fell, but that is unimportant now." Martha sighed, listening to Reina's plan closely while glancing to those who had followed the disguised lord only briefly.

"Understood, I'll let him know." She nodded. Her group was significantly smaller than Reina's, so getting them together wouldn't be a problem-speaking of Martha glanced over her shoulder, catching some of the movements of Gertrude from the corner of her eye as the Midorian continued to cut down any foolish enough to try and attack. There was also Veran who'd probably be upset with her for suddenly running off like that.

From here, she'll just have to really worry about getting to Gavril and relaying the message.

@Falcon @Conway @Verran @Jessica2477 @Nomad-22 @TheSly @ElDorado @Azurian Dream @Lady White

23rd day of Zoi
Abelsol Marketplace​

Veran pulled his sword from another Brigand, letting his body fall to the ground. He surged forward the rest of the way to Martha and the crowd that had rallied to this girl. What is so special about her? There were many questions swirling through Veran's head, but he knew, probably better than most here, that a battlefield was no place for distractions like those questions. He caught a brief moment, in the space that the girl's companions had cleared, to take stock of himself and the situation around him. There seemed to be no end to the horde of brigands pouring from the streets. Most of the civilians had wisely run from the marketplace, but this also meant that he, Martha, Gurtrude, the girl, and all those who follow her were the sole people left in the marketplace, and would quickly become the target of any brigands who were previously distracted harassing vendors and other girls with blond hair.

He then turned back to the girl who was talking to Martha. He got a much better look at her from here, he definitely recognized her, but the other parts of her disguise prevented him from pinning a name to her face. Her hair was off, most definitely dyed and restyled, and her clothes looked the same as that of any old merchant girl. He listened to her words as she spoke to Martha, then rolled his eyes. "Great, so we are fighting our way back to Captain Pinky. Uhhg," he turned back to look at the road behind them as another group of brigands entered the marketplace from the other side. He turned back to Martha, "Well lets get to them before they do, and i'll want some kind of explanation for all this later," he said gesturing to the girl and her companions. He quickly spun on his heels and prepared to charge right back into the fight.

@Falcon @Takumi @Nomad-22 @Verran @Jessica2477 @TheSly @Azurian Dream
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

8 days after the fall of Thalia
Just outside of Tahir, Ufral
Joris stayed back and quiet for most of the conversation, remaining vigilant in case those who were just driven off were to come back with some friends of theirs. He listened to the conversation; Sayura, Naria, Levi, and intresting group to say the least. Also quite balanced if they ever got into another fight, an archer for range, a competent cavalier for holding the enemy, a pair of mages for versatility, and a healer for when things went awry. "Please, a child with a stick could have fought off that rabble, I would hardly call that repaying the dept I owe. Besides, what else do I really have to do now, go back to the puppet state that calls itself Thalia?" Joris quipped to Esmail's comment.

His attention was drawn to the murmur of many townsfolk, who were following the commotion from earlier or just coming out to see what happened, gathering at the edge of town. "While I do love to bask in the glory of a victory, however minor," he turned to his new companions, "and I do like to take the time to get to know new friends, but," he shot a glance to Esmail, "I do not believe it is best to simply stay here in the open for much longer."

@Fyrra @Jessica2477 @Falcon @TheSly

Last edited by a moderator:
@Verran and @Azurian Dream

Evening,
19th day of Zoi - 4 Days after the fall of Thalia
Atrea, Main Road south of Nahstrand and the Great River

It was some time later when Aina returned to their camp site. Several fish which she had already gutted and cleaned had been wrapped up in a parcel of fresh leaves. Her first act with to look over Iori and their new friend as if to see if either had antagonized the other to the point of making the situation hostile. Only when she was satisfied that all was well did the merchant woman began cooking their meal.

The fire crackled and the smell of roasting fist soon filled the air. soon a grill grate was placed over the coals and a a cast iron frying pan was set down to heat while she chopped some potatoes into small enough pieces to cook quickly. It might not be a fancy meal, but it would be a filling one.

@Conway , @Fyrra , @Jessica2477 @TheSly

Morning
23nd day of Zoi - 8 Days after the fall of Thalia
Eshil, Several miles south of the Ufral Boarder

Esmail was one of the first to wake. Of course he had the last watch so that hardly counted, but still he was up while the others slept. They had found a good location. Flat ground, wood for a fire if needed, but an area of solid rocks at their back and a grove of trees not too far off they could use for cover if needed.

He sat and contemplated the path he was taking as the others slept and the sun slowly rose on the horizon. It was a huge risk, but if he didn't leap now he might never complete his goals. The shaman smiled and chuckled to himself as he made calculations and plans. His left hand absently rubbed over the long black glove that covered the right. Soon. He could wait, he could be patient, but soon he would begin to see the fruits of his labor.

@Nomad-22 @Verran @Takumi @TheSly @Conway @Jessica2477 @Azurian Dream
Write out: @ElDorado, @Lady White

Evening
Eshil, 10 miles North-East of Abelsol

The battle continued a bit after the group began to withdraw. Fortunately the guards saw that Jirn was actually helping to defend the innocent and the he couldn't be the one they were after, that and he was too young, and counted him an ally. By the end of the day, after the mess had been sorted and stories gathered, He would be given and offer to join the town guard.

Apollo meanwhile refused Martha's offer to come with them. Someone needed to stay behind and keep an eye on what was happening in their homeland. He and Doul would manage on their own, collect information, and do what they could from where they were. He wished Martha well as she collected the rest of the group and disappeared into the shadows.

By then Reina and those with her were already gone.

The initial group had split up in two parties and left by different gates to avoid drawing attention in any one direction, but the meeting place was the same. The grove of trees north east of the town. Martha's group did similarly, breaking apart and making their way separately to the grove in their own time. Hoping no one was following and doing their best to ensure it was so. Unfortunately no one knew to watch for the Taguel who were watching from various places for anyone who could help solve their problem.

Still though there were delays between groups and some took the long way most did understand the expediency was desired. Soon those directed to do so found their way deep into the grove where Reina and her guardian's were waiting. The girl herself looked both tired and relieves as she saw each face she knew, and very surprised and some what wary and the new faces that had been brought along.

"Gavril, who is this?" She asked as the Pegasus knight introduced a white haired tactician. "And you, sir fortune teller, why are you here?" was directed to Denzin who's presence was an equal great surprise.

Ufralian Night, Eshilian Day

With her steed having run off, Naira had no objections to the sorcerer's proposed route: Suraya's whims often changed with the winds, and where the wind blew, Naira would there to be swept up in the trailing current. A small detour revealed the verdant one's stash of several clay jugs buried just under the sand and, once a cap was removed, revealed to be filled to the brim with water. Though it wasn't an insignificant stash on its own, splitting the spoils between five people and two horses meant it would not last long. Fortunately, the plains to the south weren't known for bearing scarce resources.

As the hours passed, Naira drifted between her own thoughts and, at the campfire, attempting to pore over a leather-bound tome with the scant lighting available. That Esmail was so forthcoming about his motives kept the girl somewhat at ease regarding his presence, but that he took the time to spell out the technicalities of his mission confirmed the girl's biased read from earlier: this man was a viper, of that she was certain, but that need not mean that he meant lady Suraya harm. Such a thing could require provocation, after all, and if nothing else, the man was being helpful.

She blinked, glancing up from her tome. Something about that realization felt off to her, and just as a thought had struck, the Thalian knight mentioned that his homeland was a puppet state, derailing her. Did a native Thalian just admit that the western lands were but a puppet of the church? A moment later the girl recalled hearing talk of the occupation, and with a quick shake of her head, closed the tome that had been occupying her attention. She could stand to be less withdrawn around men anyone who wasn't Suraya.

And as luck would have it, the Atrean made his approach and sat right down next to her, their shoulders grazing his violet tunic against her similarly-hued cloak. The girl scooted away just a touch out of reflex, maintaining an awkward amount of direct eye contact. Seemingly, he spoke up to remind her that he had a name, that he was not simply Atrean. That said, his presence here seemed both the easiest to understand abd the most difficult to explain.

"Just call me Naira," came the reintroduction, "welcome to our gathering of the misplaced, Levi."

______

The next morning, well after dawn's breaking, Naira wordlessly clambered to her feet and wandered off toward the woods without so much as a word of greeting to anyone, though possibly with a few exchanged glances.

Discussion at Dusk

A collab with @Fyrra and @Toogee

Characters: Ravness/The Knight and Paige Spiros
Continued from here

Gone were the trees extending in all directions, and in their place shone the open sky, its vastness ablaze with the warmth of the setting sun. The sound of crickets had joined that of running water and splashing fish, while the field itself rustled from the evening breeze. Even with the steeled rattle of the knight's armor, what stood out most to the person inside was not the contrast of the landscape to Atrea proper, but the absence of people. No hammers struck anvils this far out, nor did axes nor saws cut logs apart.

It took the knight a moment to appreciate the comparative serenity of the campsite, and afterward, a tingle went down their spine: it was almost as though the fields themselves were calling, for the urge to shed their armor and roam gnawed at the back of their thoughts. They gazed out unto the horizon for a good few minutes, tempted, but with the thud of Paige's body upon the ground, they set back to preparing the tent, once more unsure of Paige's presence. That she lacked a soldier's training made her fatigue more than understandable, but the lack of any supplies beyond her cloak and pouch brought with it some worry for the journey ahead.

Soon, the knight stopped and sat down near the girl, with all the clamor that would entail.

"My apologies," they replied, "Carelessness on my part. I should have mentioned, if you have need of rest, tell me and I shall accommodate."

"Yeah, well, next time I'll just ride on your shoulders," Paige said in jest. She took a moment to enjoy the scenery. It was the first time the mageling went camping. With the serene environment around, she wondered why there weren't more people around. This place could use a nice home built on the river bed. There couldn't just be a house; they needed a town to get food in. There should also be an inn, for travelers like herself to sleep in comfort. In other words, the complete opposite of the isolation she found herself in.

Paige struggled to find a nice comfy spot on the ground, straightening out her cloak to remove bunched-up material. It was no bed, but beggars couldn't be choosers. At least the isolation ,made it easier to talk about Rav's mission.

"OK, we're in the middle of nowhere. No spies about. You gonna tell me what this big secret mission is about?"

A sigh could be heard as the knight glanced aside. Where does one begin, when their very nature is paradoxical? They decided that, at the very least, lying to the young mage would do more harm than good. "You are not of Tevarin, so I suppose I should start from the beginning. Word may have reached you of a count opening his treasury to citizens in need of basic supplies years ago. As the forests tend to go ripe with bandits in the seasons of growing and harvest, he sought to provide food and shelter, to remove the necessity of targeting others just to survive the day. This…. Idea of his was not well-received, not just by others who have a say in matters of the realm, but the common folk as well: The price for homes and status is hard work, as they say."
They leaned back, tilting their head upward. "I cannot say for certain how effective his methods were. The controversy attracted the ire of Duke Folcard, to the point that he refused to step in when someone else pushed their claim on the county. The duke wants soldiers, of which Count Loxley always had few to spare. One cannot help thinking the duke's favor lie elsewhere, but just as there is no proof, to have it would serve no purpose. In the end, we ended up retreating to my count's refuge… without him. His last request of me was a personal one: to set things right."

They shook their head again, grumbling as they stood back upright. "I am at a loss for where to start. Thalia's occupation shakes the whole of Jedica, Ser Percival refuses to hear talk of any departure, says my duty is to stay behind and keep everyone safe, to keep Keaton and Roskva and Runa and Adel from knowing what real hunger is, but I cannot stand idle and face my count in the here-after. The path ahead is likely to be perilous, and I cannot promise a reward, but those tend to present themselves when one swims against the current."

As Ravness explained the political backstory leading up to this message, Paige was beginning to regret falling asleep in history class. From what she gathered, Tevarin was paying off citizens to reduce banditry. This Folcard guy wasn't pleased, allowing another count Loxley to claim Tevarin. Rav took the former count's family out of the county and vowed to avenge his boss, who she presumed was dead.

"So, what does 'set things right' mean? Do you intend to take back Tevarin? That sounds like a tall order, even for the two of us."

There was some doubt in Paige's voice. The girl originally thought they would simply chase away more bandits as before. With all this political intrigue, this was beginning to feel like a much bigger deal, perhaps too big for a fledgling mage like herself.

Evening, Eshil, Abelsol Marketplace

The bandit archer now hiding behind a set of barrels and let loose another arrow at Jebei's direction. With support by his mount, the young rider ducked in time. Swiftly and angrily he answered back with his own shot. Struck in the center of the neck the bandit fell backward grasping the newly made wound. The whoreson won't live long.

Keeping that mental note to himself, Jebei overheard Reina's conversation with the others from behind. Time to flee once more. Their leader had a compassionate heart there was no doubt of that. Of course her enemies made it clear they do not share the sentiment at all. Hopefully, this course of action will make the bandits leave the village alone.

Personally I want to run the scum down. Their kind only understands greed and bloodshed. For now though we need to get out of here.

Whistling to Temüjin a signal to fall back, the horse snorted in outrage. It was like Temüjin was saying. 'We're running away from these fools again!?" Nonetheless, the horse complied. The pair covered Reina's own group from the rear as they made their retreat through the settlement. Being more used to the plains than these network of streets and alleys Jebei found it hard to navigate it all.

Fortunately, the others will lead the way. Later they made it outside to the grove as planned. Of course it appeared new people were now among them. "You have a strange way of bringing people together Reina." Jebei commented to the Thalian exile.

Last edited:
A Tall Order
19 Zoi, four days post-coup.

Paige's doubts stirred an uncomfortable silence in her steel accomplice, whose gaze turned from the young mage to the river, and then to the tent. The suggestion to wrest Tevarin back from its current ruler was met with a ponderous acknowledgment, but ultimately a denial: with vengeance, one learns to understand catharsis, but that would bring Ravness no closer to fulfilling the request they were given. No, setting things right could not be so simple, yet they did not have the answer for themselves, let alone their accomplice.

"Rest assured, you will not be dragged unto such a vainglorious end. Not by my hand, in any case." The knight grumbled into their helm before elaborating further. "Though, setting things right could entail more than I have prepared for. Tevarin itself is but a piece of the puzzle, and a small one at that: her ruler is of little consequence, and yet-" They trailed off, either dissatisfied with their own answer, or distracted by the splashing of a nearby fish in the river.

The knight eventually relaxed. "There is something we must see before anything can be done. For the time being, let us rest. We can gather supplies on the morrow, and brunch will be ready at dawn."

Characters: Ravness/The Knight and Paige Spiros

Paige never packed for camping out in the wilderness. She always assumed civilization was abundant across the continent. Perhaps that would have been true had the young mage stuck around with the caravan. With her decision to travel with the enigmatic Ravness, Paige found herself struggling to get a good night's rest outdoors. Chirping crickets were near constant throughout the night. The distant call of an owl woke her just when had finally started to pass out. The threat of snakes had caused her to wrap herself in her cloak like a cocoon. Just as Paige was about to drift off to sleep, a cricket landed on her face. With her arms secured inside her self-made cocoon, the girl could only flop about in an attempt to fling the bug off.

"Get off get of get off!" Paige struggled. The bug did eventually jump back into the grass, though the young mage was greeted by an even more unwelcome sight: The orange sky was already fading to blue, with the sun well on its way to bringing forth the morning.

"Ooh please tell me that's the sun still setting," Paige groaned, desperate for a do-over of the night before.

slas de Abaroa, 26th day of Zoi in the Season of Growing 1012 ADW.
Port City of
Levitum
@Thundermage @Takumi

"Ya ya, some of 'em might know. But, that's the main job of some of the other lads. Captain's got a whole ship of people, he's bound to use them beyond just simply hauling the goods up and on the boat. Mine's keeping you up and standing and reading alongside. Drinking gets to come after." Which, while imperfect, was probably for the best. The temple here might have something interesting to peruse. Though, he thought as he eyed the stonework, I doubt much will interest me.

The building was old, to be certain. As far as Rendan could guess, the masonry might have dated back to just after the Dragon War. Back when the Church of the Ages was sweeping the continent like a storm. Only to now be starting to be swept aside as the faith of the Brotherhood began to spring up while prayers for alms went unanswered. At least, that's what Rendan figured was the cause. However, all that meant for a series of islands and land masses masquerading as a unified nation was that it was a few more badgering priests, or "recruiters," trying to get everyone's attention. Meaning that most people still just casually worshiping at the various monasteries dotted across the isles.

Not that it meant much to Rendan. Long time ago had he left any sort of serious prayers back in his homeland. However, a temple of this size and age likely possessed some old records that, with good luck, would have something on Old Rogers. But, with the little there was, the answer was likely to be more age old legends, rather than historical fact. Still, he thought as the trio ascended the step, even a rumor as to what Rogers did with his trinket, or legends of one of his unfound treasure hordes will be worth it.

The stone was storm worn with salt lesions eating their way against its thick walls. Still, the stained glass decorations of mercy and forgiveness marked the temple's ornate history and its part in the Church of Ages. Even eaten down, it stood as a proud monolith against the ever shifting tides of time. Rendan idly wondered how strong an acid would be needed to eat a small hole in the roof.

Arell McCain
Levitum

Taking in the architecture's worn stone, Arell's eyes lit up in an almost childlike curiosity and glee. Despite it's whethered age he hoped to find some form of answers inside, and even then at least find a good read if unable to get any answers.

He could practically hear his mother affectionately calling him a dork, but moving on, the redhead wondered briefly if the temple was even occupied anymore. With such age shown, many would think it was simply abandoned ir at the very least not that well taken care of.

Once reaching the top of the steps, he went to make his way inside.

'Temples should keep records in a designated room, or in a library of sorts. And if it's occupied, they shouldn't mind us looking if we ask, I hope.' He thought then.

@Verran @Thundermage

Martha Fabre & Gertrude
Outside of Abelsol, North East Grove

Martha had been tense the whole time she traveled to the designated meeting place, though relaxed upon seeing that Reina was relatively unharmed. She looked as tired as her friend, and her brow creased slightly as the question 'Are you going to be alright?' Rested on her tongue.

She was suddenly aware that she may have to vouch for her current Stanislavian comrade, and would be glad to do so first and foremost should anyone try to cross blades with them. He's proved himself enough so far in her books, and speaking of, she glanced his way to gauge his health and quietly checked for any visible injuries for the most part.

Gertrude simply took a sweeping glance at those present, recognizing a few faces quickly even if their names escaped her for a moment or two. Toma's ear flicked at the sound of Reina's voice, but otherwise he stayed alert as he lowered his head to the ground to seek out any grass within his radius to graze on.

@Falcon @Conway @Jessica2477 @Verran @TheSly @Azurian Dream @Nomad-22

23rd day of Zoi
Abelsol outskirts​

Veran leaned forward on his knees and panted as he caught his breath. While they had not traveled far outside the city, it was still no simple stroll. He supposed that to the horse riders or those hopping on the back of a horse, it was not that far at all, but to Veran who was stuck hard marching it over, while trying to keep pace with the horses, it was no simple feat. That said, his years of service in the military had made him accustomed to forced marches, and he recovered quicker than most other soldiers. He once again took stock of the people who had followed them, making sure to note the blonde girl again, as well as Gavril, the other Stanislavian tactician who seemed to accompany him, and the midorian who hid himself under his cloak.

That is when he started to notice that the pain on his left side was definitely not from running. He looked down to see a small gash; a blade had seemingly found a weak point in the armor he wore and slashed through his leather jerkin. Having to move quickly and recklessly hack through row after row of brigands to get to the one who he was supposed to protect had forced him to trade some of his own safety. It was not a large wound, but enough that it was starting to stain his clothes red.

"Blyat Chert Cyka Blayt..." the long chain of curses needed no translation, as Veran applied pressure to his wound. He rolled his eyes and let out an aggravated sigh as he sat himself down on the ground and pulled up his jerkin and shirt, revealing the many other scars on him. He opened his travel sack and pulled out a few long bandages and cleaned the wound so he could wrap it. He clearly had experience wrapping himself up before. As he began he looked up to Martha, he was clearly was not looking at her with delight, "If you keep pulling shit like that, i'll start asking triple." They still had not discussed exactly what the pay would be, but when they did, it had better be good.

@Takumi @Falcon @Jessica2477 @Verran @Azurian Dream @Nomad-22

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Joris shot up quickly as he awoke from his rest, panting and sweating. He took a few moments to recover then glanced about. It seemed like Esmail was the only one around. He quickly straightened himself out and and pulled himself to his feet. He did not need anyone seeing him as terrified as he was in his nightmares. He silently hoped Esmail had missed the moment as he awoke, but knowing Esmail, he probably already knew. Joris simply nodded to the man as he began clearing up the camp and taking care of his steed.

@Falcon @Fyrra @Jessica2477

Last edited by a moderator:
Islas de Abaroa, 26th day of Zoi in the Season of Growing 1012 ADW.
Port City of
Levitum
@Takumi @Thundermage

Rendan's mind seemed to be working in tandem with Arell's, though far less quietly as he bellowed, " 'Ello! 'Ello! Is anyone here? If so, would you be so kind to direct us to your library, reliquary, or wherever you keep your oldest tomes inside this fine building of aged stone! If you don't know where those are kept, don't mind us! We'll just poke around a bit if you don't mind! If you do mind, we'll not just poke around a bit while we pray a bit in your great grand hall!"

Waiting a mere five seconds, he nodded to the duo with him and started to move past the entry hall, deeper into the temple. Yet he was unable to take even a mere step before an aged, motherly matron softly creaked through a grand set of oak doors with a good-natured piercing gaze of either intelligence or mild senile wit.

"Ah hello!" she softly greeted in a voice creaky voice that mirrored the creak of the old doors, "are you here for the afternoon service?"

"Tragically not, we're…" but Rendan never got any further as her words plowed right over his.

"Oh splendid! It's so good to see such young bucks of sailors coming to service. And bringing the new choir boy too! We can't thank you enough."

"No, see…"

"Don't be so bashful," she admonished as she, belying her obvious age, swept over to Rendan and clasped his hand in a surprisingly strong grip of thanks, "tis only natural to want to come to service. Though most ruffians deny it, I've always said that the calling to worship is ever at its strongest with those in the most need of it. Seen it a hundred times before. Nothing to be ashamed about. Though I must say, you are early. Service isn't for another hour yet."

"It must be on account of the young choir boy," she continued, giving Arell a fond look, "such a bright young soul to bring these two men to church with you. I give you my most humble thanks. But since you're all so early, why not come up for tea?"

"Madam…" Rendan tried with as much valiancy he could muster. It was all for naught, for she continued to plow on as if every word he said only added to her energy.

"Oh my, I am forgetting myself. The sisters have been saying my mind has been going for years, but it's not gone yet! I am Mother Superior Telma Ellani, Matron of this fine establishment. You must come and meet the sisters here for tea. But I warn you," she said with a light-hearted smile, "I know young men. I may not look it, but I was once young myself. No sweet talking them into sailing away with you on some fantastic adventure. Not right nor proper to do so, so just do your best to contain your hearts when you behold their beauty. So please, come up for tea!"

Releasing Rendan, she turned to lead them on in then suddenly stopped. "Say, do either of you two also sing?" she queried, cocking her head at the two obvious sailors, "with such sea shanties, I imagine you must. I imagine your voice would fill these good stone halls in a rich bass that hasn't been heard since the first stones were founded," nodding at Valen, "it would mean an awful much to have two more voices to add to this service with the new choir boy. If it's not to much trouble. But please, come up for tea! I am Mother Superior Telma Ellani, Matron of this fine establishment. Did I already say that? Oh dear, my mind must truly be going if I forget my own introductions, but it's not gone yet!"

Rendan slowly turned his head to look at Valen and Arell. Of all the things I would have expected, he thought, I didn't think that being asked to join a choir would be one of them. Getting past her is going to be quite the little challenge.

@Conway , @Fyrra , @Jessica2477 @TheSly

Morning

Esmail simply sat and watched the others for a while, almost unmoving in the morning light. But eventually he too rose from his seat. Esmail's preparations for the day were simple by comparison to some of the others. He had no mount to care for to begin with. Rather Esmail's attention was spent doling out breakfast to the others, a rather unexciting ration of bread and cheese, and then putting out the fire. Only once camp had been packed up did he bother to pull out a map.

"So," he started, his voice smooth and calm, "Where to from here? I gather we are to continue traveling south?"

Eventually a route was chosen, south and a little east, that seemed to satisfy their new liege Lady's desires to get away from Ufral, while still coming closer to some larger settlements that might offer Joris some news of his homeland's fate. Esmail still puzzled over what roles Levi and Naira were to play. But he would figure that out soon enough.

@Nomad-22 @Verran @Takumi @TheSly @Conway @Jessica2477 @Azurian Dream

Nightfall
Eshil, 10 miles North-East of Abelsol

They had found a place to camp. Not just a comfortable place to camp, but one as much of a days travel east as they could manage in the remaining daylight. One that satisfied not only Korwin, but Martha's new man, Veran? as well. She thought that was his name. She had heard just enough to know Martha trusted him that Reina had risked pulling out her healing staff once it became clear he was injured. Besides, leaving him hurt might have slowed them down once they started moving on again.

Jebei had been right, somehow she kept gathering people around her, and in this particular circumstance she had only half a notion of who any of them were. She knew Gertrude to some degree and had managed to pick up that Martha had hired the other man as a guard, but Reina hadn't had much chance to ask anyone questions. This was also true of the pale haired man Gavril had added to their numbers.

Things were moving so fast. While the grove of trees had made a decent meeting place it would have been a poor decision to stay there any longer than absolutely necessary, and so most conversation had been put on hold until they found a place to rest for the night. Some scraps had been managed as they traveled. That had been enough to trade names, confirm locations, and as night threatened to fall to choose those most suited to selecting a location for the camp. Reina also found that she was starting to rely more and more on Jebei's familiarity with the land.

Once a suitable location had been selected, a fire built, a meal begun and what passed for tents and bedrolls set up, planning and conversation truly could begin.

"I suppose," Reina started softly, "that we all must have a lot of questions for each other...."

Some ways away from the human camp the Taguel drew closer, watching, and planning.

Eshil, 23rd day of Zoi in the Season of Growing 1012 ADW.
Eshil, 10 miles North-East of
Abelsol
@Falcon @Nomad-22 @Takumi @TheSly @Conway @Jessica2477 @Azurian Dream

Korwin finally allowed himself to relax slightly. He was thankful that they had moved quickly enough to cover ten miles before they had came to rest upon the barren plains of Eshil. Visibility was perfect, a fact that he distrusted as equally to his thanks. They were visible for miles from the ground and many miles more from the air, especially if any pursuer brought along a telescope. The same went for their trail, but he knew that there was little point in obliterating their trail for the time spent in doing so would ruin the distance he hoped to travel each day. At the end of the day, however, there was nothing that could be done about it. Middle of Eshil, nowhere near any cover, and nothing to do.

Lacking in any sort of direction, Korwin's anger finally burned out, leaving only a continued smolder of discomfort. There's still a number of unanswered questions. With thought born from years beyond his mere mercenary appearance, Korwin picked apart what little he knew. The hooded figure that spied them was the first concern. The bearded mercenary didn't know who they were or where they were from, but he quickly dismissed that there were a local. Namely because he doubted if any of those local powers would have an individual skilled enough to track them and avoid detection while in the city, particularly with Sadia on the lookout. Meaning that the observer was new on the scene. Reinforcing the thought that the observer wasn't local to even Eshil as a whole was the fact that no further caravans or tribes arrived last night and during the day. Which left only a few options. Discarding one with simple ease, Korwin decided that the stranger was likely from the legions of Stanislav, deployed in search for the young, effectual princess. An internal groan took him. There was at least a decent chance that their disguise was already penetrated if they noticed the staff. But he let it pass out of him again. It was, again, nothing he could about it and there were other concerns.

Like the sheer number of people here, he thought, casting a wary eye at them all under his helm, milling around the campfire, talking to each other, getting wounds treated, or staring off into the surrounding grass. Yet, all but the tribesman, Jebei, and the notably, though also mildly, obsessive guard-dog, Gavril, had joined her side the night after he and Sadia had. Now, it was certainly possible. There was at least one Thalian noble among the number beyond Reina, and Thalia had indeed just had much of its government turned upside down, yet there were also a goodly number of other towns near the border, one notably along an age old road between the two nations. Yet, here they were, flocking around a proverbial banner. The strange almost-cannibal fortune teller, a friend of Gavril, and more besides the retainers of these nobility. Korwin's eyes took to a steely glint, hidden behind his draconic helm. It was far from right, far from likely, and too distant to be natural. Disquiet filled his mind as he considered the possibilities.

Sadia existed in a precise contrast. Flitting around and carefree. True, she had little to do with the brawl in the town, as was the fact that she was undercover as her most traditional disguise wich was dreadfully dull, but that couldn't eclipse the sheer joys of the day and night before. So with a spring in her step that was as natural as it appeared, she took her place around the fire. A maiden, growing beyond her youth yet still retaining a beauty in her eyes, and happy to be away from a deadly situation.

"Oh yes," she breathed, "to begin with, who are you all? Such a sudden party and such easy friendships, despite the tragic events in Abelsol. It is as if walking into a story, yet I am missing the plot. Such as…Gavril! Who is your friend who so readily joined your side?"

Last edited: