Ludivine Daulfern
Mentions - @Brother Gabriel

'Oh dear...'

While PTSD and its episodes were common in the military, it still didn't mean that she had experienced this enough to know what to do by heart. Ludivine slowly showed her hands to Atanaclar, a silent notion to show him that she was unarmed and would not make any sudden movements. The knight thought about what to say in regards to the other's questions, though was unsure how to answer. What was the correct response?

"I cannot speak for all of the soldiers of Stanislav, so I cannot answer your question... However, you have every right to say those things. I am even willing to let you hit me within reason if it will help you feel better..."

Ludivine could smell the meat, reminding her of why she had invited Atanaclar to the camp in the first place. If necessary, she'd be willing to give him food and water then send him on his way if it was decided he would rather not be there.

Reactions: Takumi and Falcon
Can’t Stop Us Now!

A collab with @Hieronymous Phantom, @Fyrra, and myself​

Paige was really hoping that her appearance would cause the raiding bandits to turn tail and flee. That her petite size would give them a guilty conscious or something. Nope. The brigands decided to go for the attack, though focusing on Cade. The archer started with his own arrow to back up his charging partners. The mage wasn't about to stand for that.

"I got the archer" she said to Cade and immediately countered with a spell. With her tome in left hand, she reached out with her right hand. A gust of wind blew forth towards the arrow. It was probably better described as a strong breeze. Nonetheless, the wind caused the arrow to spin out and land harmlessly on the ground.

Paige kept her focus on the archer, waiting for his next move. At the same time she strafed a bit away from Cade and the brigands, so that she wasn't knocked over in their brawl. Even though she wanted to help, Paige wanted to end this fight as quickly and painlessly as possible. Seeing the archer as the defacto head of the raid, the mage began delivering her bluff.

"You got no idea who you're messing with!" Paige exclaimed to the archer. "This is Cade. It's short for...Cascade, cause he hits like a waterfall! Yeah, that's right! I saw him unhinge, like, a lion's jaws with his bare hands! And he'll do the same to your men unless you call them off!"

Cade was full prepared for the bandits' onslaught, with tensed muscles ready to fly into battle at a moment's notice. What he wasn't prepared for, however, was the arrival of an unexpected ally - when the young voice of a girl joined his, the Fighter glanced back to size up his new partner. As it happened, there wasn't much sizing up to be done, small as she was, and Cade couldn't hide the mixture of disappointment and worry on his face.
"Go," he commanded simply. "I stayed behind so none of you would come to harm. If you're fast you can catch up to the caravan once more." However, his commands were expectedly ignored as the bandits began their charge and his accomplice stated her battle plan. Cade shook his head and planted his heel in a firm defensive posture, raising the head of his axe in preparation to clash with the charging axeman. When the girl blew the archer's arrow out of the sky, though, was when Cade started to feel like it might not have been such a bad idea to have her along. She even picked up the taunts from where he left off, though with much more untruth than he had originally intended. Cade couldn't help but chuckle to himself at the claims made of him, but soon the chuckle bellowed into a full-out laugh that sounded almost deranged. He might not know a lot about the finer arts in life, but years of his childhood spent playing pretend with his brothers had given him a good idea of when and how to play along. He returned to his stance just in time to clash axes with the bandit, locking blades with a dangerous glint in his eye to really sell the mage girl's boasting. With a forceful shove, Cade pushed his aggressor back and followed up with a quick whirl for momentum and a brutal, powerful slash in the bandit's direction. Admittedly, he telegraphed the attack a bit too well, but perhaps the bandit was either too stupid, prideful, or afraid to get out of the way.

With both attacks successfully deflected, the archer frowned while drawing back a second arrow. Keeping his distance would ensure his survival, but at the rate things were going, it looked like the rumors of this warrior were true: this 'Cade' was a force to be reckoned with, even without a mage at his side, and if the dumb muscle didn't want to hurt the girl....

"Heeeeeey!" A shout from behind them cut that thought short, while a bearded swordsman made his approach: not close enough to engage, yet.
The balding brigand grunted, boots skidding through the dirt from the man's imprint, before he hefted his axe upright and went for the follow-up swing.... just a bit too slowly to match Cade's momentum, leaving his riposte deflected, and his shoulder a touch bloody. Hefting his axe up with his good arm, he tried one more time for a swing, aiming for the caravan guard's chest with a sideward strike.

"Bad news," the swordsman approaching the bandits opened up, "Rey can't make it. Found what was keepin' Arvis. They don't look so good."
The bowman grumbled, his eyes locked on Paige as he aimed his shot. "We can talk about that later. Either help Yosef or keep that mage busy."

Paige wasn’t sure what the archer’s next move was. She wanted to help Cade, though from the corner of her eye, he didn’t need much. However, another brigand joined in. He was only talking for the moment, but who knew how many others were out there. With the archer’s aim still on Paige, the mage had to focus on him in case he let loose another arrow.

“You better run back now!” Paige called out to the archer and swordsman. “Cade’s coming for you next!”

"Yer gettin' soft," the swordsman muttered as he stepped in, spitting into the dirt as he charged for the mageling, a heavy sword hefted into the air with both hands. With an arrow flying past him, and the axe-wielder looking to follow through with another strike against the caravan's axe-guard, the archer notched back a second arrow and weaved to the side for an easier shot.

He faltered when the sound of clanking metal reached his ears: a steady clash of steel upon steel, the signature of heavy infantry making the foolish decision to charge rather than to advance at a less cumbersome pace. But, the archer did not lose his composure completely: it merely took him a moment longer to take aim.

Behind him, the source of that awful clatter grew easier to distinguish. A thick layer of darkened steel covered the new assailant from head to toe, their helm obscuring all but a pair of red eyes underneath the faceplate. Drawing ever closer, the stains of drying blood glint in the sunlight across the front of their armor, and the steel sword in their hands. Yet, amongst these rough brigands and clad in steel, the new arrival stood a full hand shorter than Cade.

“Oh…crap crap crap…” Paige said under her breath.

Paige was beginning to learn her first lesson of using her magic in combat. Lesson one: don’t taunt brigands that you can’t fight back. She had reached the limit of relying on her youth as the swordsman charged her. This was followed up by a barrage…of one arrow. The shock of having multiple attackers didn’t give the fledgling mage enough time to counter the arrow. She quickly backed away, resulting in her falling onto her back.
Her moment of klutziness proved fortunate: the arrow meant for her sailed directly above her and whizzed by harmlessly. The swordsman kept coming. Still lying on the ground, Paige managed to summon her magic. She focused an upward gust towards the man’s gut in an attempt to stall his attack. Though her spell had the force of ten (really scrawny, sickly, malnourished) men, Paige aimed to buy herself enough time to get up and refocus.

At the very least, fortune was on the girl's side: the swordsman got pushed back a meter mid-swing, but before he could redouble his charge, his attention turned toward the source of the light tremors he could feel beneath his feet: that heavy-plate warrior, crashing through the brush and bringing a clamor with every step. "Ngh.. Damned monster shouldn't have been able to keep up."

"An abberation?" the archer queried, briefly turning his attention from the axe-brigand's adversary. With a glance back to Cade, he whistled to the two warriors in front of him: Yosef was already having trouble with the sell-sword, and with nobody in range to intercept Short, Grey and Cumbersome's charge, the only choice was to accept that this foolhardy ambush had become an unwinnable battle.

"Yosef, we're done here. Break to the north."

And while the axe-warrior disengaged from Cade, clutching his bloodied shoulder, it was the swordsman who expressed his disapproval.
"So they died fer nuthin'."

In the end, the three brigands fled from the line drawn by the sellsword Cade and his brave young accomplice Paige, and while a fourth figure did emerge from the woods in pursuit, that one stopped when the trio vanished into the thickets, heaving heavy breaths into their helm. Soon the suit of armor turned to face the warrior and mage, and after a tense moment to assess them.... pulled a cloth from their bag and began wiping the blood from their sword, without a word.

• Love
Reactions: Verran and Falcon
Paige Spiros
Interacting with: @Hieronymous Phantom, @Fyrra

Paige watched as their foes retreated, but she had to turn to the latest visitor. The brigands were clearly afraid of this monstrosity of armor, but did she have something to fear? She sat upright on the ground, looking back at the foreboding red eyes within the armor’s helm. Were they examining them to see if she and Cade were OK? Were they coming up with the best way to kill them both? The blood stains on the suit of armor did not ease Paige into trust. One hand was on her tome, though she wasn’t sure she could stop this armored warrior.

Fortunately, the enigmatic visitor ended the stare down, opting to clean themselves off. Paige gave a sigh of relief, looking back to Cade to see if he was coming. The young mage picked herself off the ground and brushed off the grass blades upon her. Cleaning off one’s sword was probably a sign that the visitor was done killing for the day (probably). She put her tome behind her belt strap and approached the warrior.

“So, thanks for your help back there,” Paige said to the knight, though she kept an arm’s length away just in case.

“I’m Paige, that’s Cade over there, and you are…?”

• Love
Valen La Rosa
Ilsas de Abaroa
Out at sea
"I have a question." A large man stood up, chugging the last of his mug of ale. He slammed it on the table, ale dripping from his beard. He was wearing cobbled together armor, some iron, but mostly bronze, pieces strapped together by belts on top of his green tunic. He stood at about six and a half feet tall, and smiled a crooked smile. "Why should we listen to this pip squeak anyway?" He pointed at Arell. "I doubt 'e's ever left the safety of his own home and 'e is being tasked to find and beat a fleet to a treasure we don't even know exists? 'e's been on this ship for maybe a day or so and now 'e's in charge of not getting us killed? I know our last tactician, Barry, rest his soul, had his skull pierced by an arrow when 'e got us too close to that merchant vessel, which just happened to have a squad of mercs on it. 'E had five years of experience; what makes you think this kid'll do any better?"

"Did I just hear Valen say he was afraid of getting hit by a few arrows?" Someone heckled him from the crowd.

"I didn't say any such thing!" He snapped back. "I just don't wanna put my life in the hands of a boy who's never experienced combat!"

"Everyone has to start somewhere!" One drunk sailor shouted. Valen was not hated by the crew, just often seen as too careful. "Guess he doesn't want it to be when his life is on the line." A laugh rang out among the crew. "If you're too scared, sit out!"

"I'm not scared!" He yelled back. "I'm not gonna sit back while my captain and crew mates risk their lives. I'm just sayin' there has to be someone more qualified than a sickly, sheltered boy! I mean, he can be taught, sure, but not be the only one in charge of our lives!"

"He ain't in charge of our lives! He just be doing the research!"

"And where are we gettin' the information? From a bunch of random books we picked up," He quickly turned to the Captain, "No offense," before turning back to the crowd. "And hopin' this boy can tell us about what this fleet's doin'?"

"If you can name a better candidate, than name them!"

Valen fell silent.

"See? Nothing!" A laugh rang out. "You're too paranoid Valen!"

Valen sighed, before leaning towards Arell. He breath reeked of rot and ale. He began to speak in a hushed tone so only Arell could hear, "The Captain's puttin' a lotta of faith in ya. You betta not disappoint 'im or else you'll never 'ear the end of it." Valen returned to his seat, not really allowing Arell to respond, but not denying him the chance to.

The crew laughed at Valen. Very few of the crew felt the way Valen did, either because they were drunk or had full faith in the Captain's decision.

• Love
Reactions: Falcon and Takumi
Arell McCain
Islas de Abaroa
Out at Sea

Arell opened his mouth to ask one more question, but was cut off before he even began by an older redhead. Closing his mouth, he listened to what the man had to say with furrowed brows and a frown, amber eyes staring the older man right in the eye and, once he was finished, brought a fist to his mouth with a small clearing of his throat.

"I'm no tactician, but my mother taught me the basics of the sword and this." He spoke honestly and matter of factly, holding up his tome that was sitting beside him. "Yes, I have no experience in combat but if we do end up in such a situation I'll treat it like a maiden battle." He finished, setting his tome back down. "I've read some legends when I was younger, my mother letting me read whatever I got my hands on, so if there's anything I spot that I recognize then it may make the process go by much faster." He added, more so to the Captain than to Valen.

@Verran @Thundermage

Reactions: Falcon
Islas de Abaroa
Out at Sea
Seven Days after the fall of Thalia

@Takumi @Thundermage

"And, in case you've forgotten, Valen, I'm still in charge!" the captain bellowed, switching from jovial to commanding in a blink of an eye, "When I ask for questions, that doesn't give you excuse to lash out at the lad or any member of this crew! The lad is to work on figuring out what that fleet is after! What artifact has drawn their attention! Not developing methods on how to sink warships or even how to stow away on board. That's our job. Coming up with a plan to figure out who we're sailing after and how best to steal what we can from them."

He took a deep breath and returned to a kindly manner, saying, "if ya think it'll help figure out what they're seeking, by all means lad. Now, if there are no further questions, y'all better get some shuteye and leave the night watch in peace. We've got some hard and fast sailing ahead if we want ta catch up."

• Love
Reactions: Falcon and Takumi
@Jessica2477
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atanaclar stood silently as he stared at her hands, she showed him that she was unarmed and would not make any sudden movements, as he continued to stare at her hands. He couldn't help but feel shame on the way Gorthaur acted which in part the way he acted also, he gritted his teeth and clenched his hands into fist. When she told him that she couldn't speak for all the soldier of Stanislav and that he was right to say it, even had the right to hit her to make himself feel better, Atanaclar felt a slap to his face and his head sunk low as he realized what he was doing was an affront to his culture as a Thalia, his faith in the Goddess, and to his family (especially to his mother and sisters) and that he was blinded by the shadow of Gorthaur.

As he realized this moment of clarity, he felt that Gorthaur's hold in him weakened by some sort of force within him and he felt a momentarily peace, but he knew it wouldn't last.

(Atanaclar)
"I - I . . . I shan't assail you for I can't and wilt not hit a woman." He released a heavy sigh, he was truly exhausted from both the journey out of Thalia and the activity earlier morn. "Your words ring true, Lady Ludivine, and I hath let wroth beseech me, can you ever forgive me for my unruly manner?" He fell down in one knee and let his head down in shame, asking forgiveness for the way he acted. 7 days after the Invasion of Thalia has nearly robbed him of years of education and etiquette that he felt disgusted that he was acted a barbarian to a guest whom showed him nothing but hospitality and charity, traits prized by Thalians and the Goddess.

Then his stomach rumbled and grumbled, demanding food denied for nearly 2 days, the aroma of meat didn't help but made Atanaclar more hungry, hungrier than he has been ever before. He looked up to Ludivine while still in his knees and asked, "Uhm . . . *coughs* Is that meat?" He asked her while taking the smell that's making his brainy go awry. "No! Focus Atanaclar!" He said to himself, "We are being chastised here, we should show respect."

• Love
Ludivine Daulfern
Mentions - @Brother Gabriel

Ludivine, honestly, wasn't sure where her opinion lied regarding Atanaclar. Amusing was the closest word she'd use, but not for the wrong reasons. The fact that this man thought that she'd be offended from what he said earlier was honestly hysterical. The women in the Stanislavian barracks were a lot more ruthless on Ludivine's feelings than he was.

At the mention of the meat, then chastising himself for losing his train of thought, Ludivine couldn't help but laugh.

"Please refrain from beating yourself up, literally and figuratively. Your words are as equally offensive as someone saying my armor is strange."

The wyvern rider went to the fire and picked up the stick that held the meat, careful with it as she handed the food over to Atanaclar.

"Come. I will not have you leaving this camp hungry and tired."

• Love
The armored figure nodded to Paige as they continued wiping their sword clean of blood, stopping momentarily to switch cloths out and sheathe their sword before continuing. The sight before them was a peculiar one: two travelers, in the midst of a scattered force of brigands that looked to have been riled up over something. That one of these travelers should be a young spellcaster was even more unusual, but not quite in the realm of the extraordinary. Still, she seemed friendly enough, and to ignore her introduction would be rude.

"I am a retainer to the count of Tevarin," they stated, their voice low, yet audible enough to be heard. Turning to face in the direction of the bandits who'd fled, armored one shook their head. "It appears I owe you an apology, citizen. In my efforts root out those who preyed upon travelers in my homeland, I had driven them out here to these shrouded roads. Regardless, well met. I trust you are both relatively unharmed?"

The armored person stood there, finishing up with their now somewhat stained armor and a blood-soaked rag. A loud exhale could be heard from within their helmet: they would need to find a water source before they could finish.

Last edited:
  • Love
Paige Spiros
Interacting with: @Hieronymous Phantom, @Fyrra

Paige stepped closer to the armored figure as they spoke. Still no name, but a well-spoken accent indicated someone of courtly origins. She was just happy the person wasn’t a bloodthirsty killer.

“Yeah, we’re fine I guess,” Paige replied, nodding back to Cade to see if he was still alright. She then returned to the knight.

“Well, I’m pretty sure our trade caravan left us to deal with these bandits. They’re long gone by now. I don’t suppose this Tevarin is close by? I’m beginning to miss civilization.”

At first, Paige’s luck seemed to have run out. With the caravan gone (along with her pay), her efforts to expand her magical expertise in another town seemed dashed. Once the armored figure mentioned a count, she saw another opportunity. If she could get in the good graces of this count, she’d get gainful employment, work on her magic in relative comfort, and get renown among nobility. Word of her deeds would reach a wise old wizard, who would turn Paige into the best sage in all of Jedica. Yes this would work after all! The girl just needed the opportunity to meet this count. For that, she needed the retainer’s assistance.

The retainer’s breathing changed, perhaps from exhaustion. Paige couldn’t have her new metal buddy keel over, not when they were (hopefully) close to a count’s residence. She reached into her satchel and pulled out the only contents: a pouch of water. It was only half full, but it was hopefully enough to help the armored figure wet their throat.

“Here, I got some water left,” Paige said, offering the knight the leather pouch. “Least I could do after you got those bandits away.”

• Love
Reactions: Falcon and Fyrra
@Jessica2477
------------------------------------------------------------------

She laughed and it didn't bothered him, he even laughed with her at the silliness of his actions but still he felt guilty about it, Thalian's prize themselves in self-discipline but he couldn't help it due to his 'other self'. But the laugh helped, even though a little bit, it made him momentarily forget the past 7 days and made him feel . . . human.

(Gorthaur)
"But your armor is strange . . . " Gorthaur blurted out.

(Atanaclar)
Atanaclar put his hands in his mouth and quickly to rectify his words "S-strange in a good way, I mean!" He said to her.

When she handed a stick that held meat in it, Atanaclar took it and carefully observed the meat before his stomach grumbled in anticipation as it smelled the sweet aroma of burnt meat, regardless of whatever it taste, Atanaclar shrugged and sank his teeth into the meat like a ravenous wolf.

(Gorthaur)
"You eat like a pig!" Gorthaur said to Anataclar as the cavalier sank his teeth deeper.

(Atanaclar)
"B-Be quiet you . . . " Atanaclar commanded Gorthaur, not wanting to have an argument when it was meal time and when he was infront of a guest.

"I'm sorry that you must think it queer for me to . . . talk to myself, I'm sorry in advance" He said to Ludivine as he his face fell down in his own disappointment. His Father and Mother must be pretty disappointed at him right now.

"Oh yeah . . . If I may ask, what does a wyvern rider like you doing in this parts?" Atanaclar asked, genuinely asked.

(Gorthaur)
"Shouldn't you be pillaging right now?" Gorthaur asked in an almost insulting tone.

(Atanaclar)
"Please ignore what he said . . " Atanaclar wanted to be devoured by the earth, Gorthaur was embarrassing him infront of a generous host, if Gorthaur had a corporeal body he would immediately slice him.

• Love
Listening to Paige's story, the armored person put their cleaning supplies away before turning to face her once more. "You must have not lain eyes upon a map in some time, lassie. Tevarin lies closer to the heart of Atrea, and these roads lead out toward the plains. Civilization exists out there, but not as we have grown accustomed." Though in truth, they were not certain how the towns on the plains were different from those in their homeland apart from the lack of royalty ruling from on high.

When the girl offered up her drinking water, the knightly one declined with a hand gesture. Hers was an awkward situation to be in: stranded in the wilderness, surrounded by brigands and beasts, and left without pay from her employer. "Best not to waste your drinking water on cleaning a few stains. But I must ask, where will you go from here? These roads should lead to your caravan's destination, but the caravan itself might be long gone upon your arrival, and though the bandits scatter, they must be soon to regroup."

Gesturing out with their arms to emphasize the directions, the suit of armor maintained a neutral expression to go with their quiet voice: though the person inside might appear reluctant to drop their current task to escort a young mage back to their home, leaving her almost completely alone in the wilderness felt wrong.

• Love
Stanislav - Two days following Thalia Invasion
Among the frigid cold of the North, the mountains are home to wild Wyverns and the fearsome military establishment that dared to tame them. Known to some as the darkened towers to the North, most governments know of it as Stanislav.

Militaristic, might makes right to those of this city. Perhaps that was the reason behind Stanislav's sudden invasion of Thalia, a smaller nation to the south. The empire's guise for entry was a simple dispute of bandits between the Stanislav-Thalia border... It would seem Thalia failed to realize Stanislav's avarice...

Thalia has fallen, and is currently under Stanislav rule. Tensions are high, this sudden transgression has lit up a spark of concern across Jedica. With the spilling of Thalian blood, full out war is on the horizon, and the countries are likely preparing for full collision. Among one of the many darkened towers that dot the snowy landscape of Stanislav enters just one player in this grand epic.

The main room within the tower proper provided little light, just flames dancing upon their wicks, causing shadows the shadows of the occupants to move rhythmically. A large oak table sat in the middle of the room, upon that table a map, it would seem battle strategy was currently in discussion, for this map was of Thalia. Sitting at the head was a older man, easily within his 50's, he was leaned back against the great chair he sat, an elbow resting on a decorative arm. Quietly a hand was lifted towards his chin, fingers idly rubbing against the scruff of his chin. Bondarev Voronin, a decorated military general, and head of the Northeastern chapter. This man has seen his fair share of bloodshed, evident by his honed in focused eyes. A nearby flame reflected off of them only adding to his frightening menace. Clearly, the cogs in his head were turning.

At the side of the table sat a younger man, features similar to the great general, his son, Vadik Voronin. A man of high prestige, he carried his father's name an respect as a Lieutenant, he helmed specifically the Voronoy Battalion.. Often considered some of Stanislav's more ruthless soldiers. It was quiet within the room, only the slight flicker of flames and the occasional throat clear drowning out the strained silence. Shifting up in his seat the son parted lips to speak.

Vadik Voronin.pngVadik: Father. If I may.. Currently Thalia is in shambles, should we not be focusing efforts on stabilization?

This was met with the general's gaze shifting toward Vadik, quietly he leered, the glare burning into his own son's soul... No words were spoken, a deafening uncomfortable still befalling the room. Vadik turned his gaze from his father as he shifted a bit in his seat. "What I mean to say is.. If-"

Bondarev Voronin.pngBondarev: I do not recall raising a gutless son.

Suddenly the general spoke, his eyes not leaving Vadik's form. Once more silence fell upon Vadik, shifting violet hues towards the map on the table.. He could feel his throat growing dry. "..I just believe-"

Low sigh left Bondarev's lips as he moved to sit up slightly within his own chair. "For the rest of this meeting you will be quiet unless asked a question. Understood?" Bondarev was a man who commanded respect, and his deep tone held no affection.. Not even for his own son. This man was business, only business. Vadik's eyes shifted to meet his father's before a reluctant nod was given. Again quiet, but it only lasted for but a moment until Bondarev reached out a gloved hand, his index finger tapped the map firmly. "You know of this location, correct?"

Peering downward towards the map, Vadik gave a nod. "Midori..." He uttered, voice sounding quite defeated.

"And your suggestion, if I am to understand correctly is to pull my men from the Midori border to aid in the stabilization of Thalia? When already more than half of Stanislav forces are focused to the south."

Shifting again in his seat, "Father, rebellions are sure to arise, right now the people of Thalia need stabilization.." Lifting hands to better orchestrate his point. "Surely if we could provide at least some happiness, some relief-" SLAM, down came the fist of the general, crushing one of the miniatures, it scattered into pieces across the table. Vadik's back quickly straightened, a shiver running down his spine.

"You're abhorrent fantasy would see to the weakening of the Eastern front... Which may lead to the enemy encroaching on the mountains of the East.. That empathy of your's rots the Voronin name. " Slowly the general moved to stand, he was by no means a giant, but the man's very aura made him appear giant. Though he stood just shy of 6 feet, his looming over Vadik made him look as if he was easily 7 feet tall. Those eyes burned into Vadik... Suddenly a knock, was heard at the door, but it did little to break the tension.

"Come in." The general ordered, and as he finished his sentence, in came a female soldier, near the door she stood at attention. Another waited outside the door.

Female soldier.pngStanislav Soldier: General Voronin, urgent news of the Southern front.

"Speak." Though the general acknowledged the messenger, his eyes never left Vadik.

"Princess Reina of Thalia are not among those captured within the city." The soldier spoke, this prompted a shift of the general's gaze from his son towards her.. And behind her standing at the hallway he could see one of Vadik's own Voronoy Battalion. There was a pause as General Bondarev considered his options.. If the princess was still at large, that meant she could rally others and lead a potent rebellion on the Stanislav's forces within Thalia.. One must never take lightly the charisma of royalty. Standing up right, the general rested both of his hands on the oak table before him.

"You may leave." Bondarev spoke to the soldier, she offered a Stanislav before backing away into the hallway and turning to vanish from his sight. She passed the Voronoy soldier still standing at attention just outside the door. "Dragua. Come in, close the door behind you." As he said this the General moved to sit down; and in came Dragua, steeled blues staring forward as he did as he was told. The door was shut behind him and the man stood at attention. Easing back into his seat the general brought his hand to rub at his bearded chin once more.

"The princess has managed to escape the invasion..." He muttered lowly to himself, eyes shifting to the side in thought. Loose ends needed to by tied up, especially one as important as this.

"Originally I had called you here Dragua, to strengthen the eastern border.. But it would seem more pressing matters have arisen."

Moving to stand Vadik spoke up, "But father, one of the other chapter heads have likely sent forces to dispatch of the princess, utilizing Dragua on an errand like this would be a waste of resources... Would it not?"

Eyes turned toward Vadik. "The other chapters have been known for slip ups in the past, though it'd seem my perfect record has been besmirched with you as a son." Those words struck Vadik hard, one could tell the young man wanted to speak in retort.. But when he tried to part his lips, no words would come out. The result was just the General's stern unwavering stare into his crumbing son's pools. "Get out." Firm and to the point, the General had given his Lieutenant an order. Teeth clenched in anger as Vadik shot up from his seat. Violet eyes shifted to look towards Dragua before exiting the room in a huff. Bondarev's gaze landed on Dragua's frame.

"As you are sure by now, the eastern border can wait. You will be heading south to Thalia. The princess can not be permitted to live." Leaving the table the General made his way to another smaller one off to the side of the wall. Grasping a jar of wine he uncorked it.

"You will see to her death, and you will kill any who impede you." The crimson liquid was poured into a goblet, and the jar placed back on the table proper. Holding the goblet in his hand for a moment, he turned to look towards Dragua.

"Do not make me regret letting you live boy." Stepping up to the soldier he took a sip from the goblet, now he stood just a few feet away.

"Remember who granted you mercy, and never forget those who recoiled at the thought..." He brought a hand up to grasp the back of Dragua's head, not hard, but firmly.. Very much like a father to a son. Gloved fingers shifted through Dragua's dark brown tendrils, and with a firm pull, he brought Dragua closer slightly. "You've your orders. See them done."

Dra Final.pngDragua: Yes, General.

Seven Days after Stanislav invasion of Thalia.

For awhile now, Dragua had been tailing the Wyvern Rider, Ludivine.. He knew of her, well known on the battlefield. Through her the soldier was able to also hone in on the Princess. Though, as luck would have it, it seemed already the princess had garnered those sympathetic to her cause. Trying to kill her now would result in a failed mission...

Ludivine however could be an asset in a successful kill. From behind a birch stood the samurai, steely blues honed in and focused on the rider and her new.. Interesting friend. A hand moved to grasp the hilt of his blade, and for the moment he quietly watched their interaction. A number of times the soldier was tempted to charge in, tempted to silence the man for good.. It was clear he was not of Stanislav, and as such.. Unneeded baggage. Though one question was clearly enough to set Dragua's next action.

"Oh yeah . . . If I may ask, what does a wyvern rider like you doing in this parts?"

This foolishness and friendly banter has gone on long enough. Removing himself from the shelter of the tree, his foot steps were clear to the two as he made his approach. Shiiiiiing, out came the blade, and to his side he held it as he neared.

"Her business here is of no concern of your's." Voice was medium-deep in tone, an air of coldness within those words. Blade was brought up to point towards Atanaclar. Firmly boots planted on the ground, as he stood just a few yards away from the two. Briefly blue hues shifted towards Ludivine.

"Steel your weapon."

Eyes once more landed on the man, with an intensity behind them, grip on his sword tightened.

"Be at ease.. You will die quickly."

It looked as if Dragua was ready to kill Atanaclar where he stood, and he knew with two on one he stood no chance... That's if Ludivine chose to engage as well...

@Jessica2477 Ludivine @Brother Gabriel Atanaclar

Ludivine Daulfern

She, while Atanaclar ate the meal Ludivine had originally prepared for herself, set up another slab of meat onto another stick. Ludivine stabbed the steak and hung it over the fire to cook once again, her own stomach growling in anticipation of food. She would wait though. Atanaclar was eating as if he had not seen food in weeks, while she had been able to sleep with a satisfied stomach every day.

His question had left her quiet for a second, though before she could even begin to think of a response, a shing sounded through the air and Ludivine was quick on her feet. She grabbed the handle of her lance, the spear of the weapon in front of Atanaclar. However, Ludivine was not aiming to hurt the man, but by the way she held the weapon in front of him, it was to protect him.

Her eyes fell on Dragua's though she held her ground, refusing to give in to the chill of his gaze. Fosc was at the ready as well, awaiting the command from his rider.

"Peace. He is not our enemy or our mission, merely a man who only desires a meal and a place to rest. I see no reason to draw our weapons, Dragua." Ludivine told the other, having known the man by name (or at least what he's called) because of the rumors that spread within the barracks.

'His combat expertise is just as dangerous as the cold, deadly look in his eyes.' She had heard before a few of the female soldiers had begun to gossip about how handsome he was. After that Ludivine had stopped paying attention.

Dragua
dra-final-png.171985

[Engaging @Jessica2477 @Brother Gabriel ]

Dragua was a man of action, and more words would do nothing but slow him down. With an answer of not, the soldier was already moving in on the man. Footsteps quickened before he was just about to dash, and an aim at ending this interaction with one slice across the neck.. He was brought to a screeching halt.

Much to his surprise Ludivine of Stanislav had chosen to step in his way, with her own weapon at the ready... She was defending this man? Pause was given, arm lifted to the side to deliver a swift horizontal swipe. His attention was now squarely on the rider, and she knew of him.. The soldier was well known for his exceptional skill on the battlefield, almost as if he lived to fight.

"You raise your lance to my blade?"

A hint of surprise within Dragua's usual austere tone. Currently.. She was in his way, impeding what he believed needed to be done. Words of General Voronin echoed within his head, he knew what to do if any stood before him... But there was a voice of another. Before Dragua had left Stanislav, his primary commander Vadik had pulled him aside, a new set of orders that directly contradicted the General's...

"I trust you to make the right decision. Dragua."

Steely blues narrowed, still intensely focused on Ludivine. There was a pause, nothing but the howling wind around them wailing around them. Hair gave way to it's sorrowful cry, garments following. Intense glare shifted towards Atanaclar. Swoosh. Swiping the air to his side, that blade was holstered into it's sheath once more with a Click. Though Dragua held an aura of calm intensity on the outside.. He could feel his hear pounding against his chest.

"The gods smile on you this day..." Low sigh to release the internal tension left him, his own breath seen in the chilled air. Dragua looked towards Ludivine.

"Try to keep them from frowning." The soldier walked past Ludivine, past the warmth of the fire to place a hand on a nearby tree, eyes held that fierce fixation towards where the Mediator of Thalia was likely, at least her general direction. Dragua was careful to take note of her location relative to their own.

"The longer we wait, the harder it will be." His statement would only mean something to Ludivine, she likely knew what he meant.. The killing of Reina. He was careful to ensure Atanaclar did not catch on to what he spoke of.

Attachments

• Dra Final.png
    Dra Final.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: Takumi
Paige Spiros
Interacting with: @Fyrra

Paige was a bit disappointed about the great distance between her and Tevarin. It likely meant that she’d be on the road without modern conveniences for quite some time. Thank goodness the suit of armor didn’t gulp all her water! The question was raised as to her next move. The glum look on her face showed that she didn’t have the answers either.

“Well, that caravan seems to be a lost cause, and there’s certainly nothing waiting for me back in Atrea.”

Paige’s defeat surrendered to a sly smile, as the answer to her next destination was right in front of her…and dressed in armor.

“But you on the other hand, you’re on a mission. A vassal so far from home must be doing something of incredible importance. How about I tag along with you? You’ve already seen my magic skills. Yeah, I’m a beginner, but I know more than the average bandit. And you’ve been picking more than a few fights. I bet you have a few more to go, right? Take me with you, and we’ll both have an easier time of it.”

Paige ended her sales pitch with an appeal to a higher power. She’d need it if she was to ever make it across the plains.

“And besides, my name’s Paige and you are a knight. Knight and page, a classic pairing! It’s like destiny. Can’t deny destiny, right?”

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Falcon and Fyrra
Ludivine Daulfern
Mentions - @Strider Kai

"If bloodshed is not necessary, I'd rather not get my hands dirty. That's how I stay sane." She answered, only bringing her lance down once Dragua's blade had clicked back into his sheath.

Ludivine had her own set of rules in this life to help keep her morales in check when fighting alongside people that were willing to take lives for the fun of it or because they believed it was morally just. The most important one was that she would only raise her lance against another person for two reasons; to have mercy or to protect. This rule was very much in the gray area, though Ludivine could not do much about it. Even though she had swung her weapon with good intentions in the past, it still did not erase that she had taken multiple lives. She was a murderous scumbag no matter how one looked at it.

She approached the other and tugged his sleeve to get Dragua's attention. "I'm quite aware... of... this." Ludivine's hand went to his arm, giving it a squeeze. "When was the last time you've eaten something?"

• Love
The sight before them was a somber one: the girl had no specific answer pertaining to her next destination, at least for a moment, which led the armored person to make a few assumptions about this Paige. Assumptions, possibly inaccurate, but between a predicament dismal enough to break many adults and her refusal to accept defeat, the details spoke of a life of hardship, as much as the girl's speech was one of hope. Of course, one could just as easily assume that this girl was merely using them as a means of entry into a noble's house, but that mattered little.

"To set right what has gone wrong is a thankless task," the armored person mused aloud while mulling over the girl's proposal. She could scarcely be further from the truth, but to dash her hopes now would leave an awful taste in the knightly one's stomach. There could be no return to Tevarin, or at least not a heroic one, but how does one convey that to a complete stranger?

A moment passed, and the knight shook their head. Of course, they were up to something important, but until now it was only of personal importance. Emboldened, they spoke up and stepped forth. "Very well then. If your wish is to join me, then you shall have my protection. I am Ravness, and..." Another pause, while they looked around. "If I am not mistaken, a river lies to the west. We should establish a foothold near running water and rest before we continue."

• Love
Paige Spiros
Interacting with: @Fyrra

“Sounds like a plan,” Paige said in agreement. “And I’ve got your back too, Rav.”

It was only moments before that Paige thought this stranger in armor could be some serial killer. Now, she was giving them a nickname and helping with some secret mission. Such an unpredictable turn of events, but it didn’t deter her. Rather, Paige was even more excited at what was to come. Yes, she still wanted to expand her magic prowess. But the adventure to get there, perhaps that was what the young mage desired the most.

“Westward it is!” an excited Paige proclaimed, though she made no movement in any particular direction. She didn’t have a compass.

“OK, so I have no clue which way is west, so I’m gonna let you lead the way.”

Introductory Post - Jirn the Pirate.

It was a regular day out at the seas of the world. Jirn's profession as a Pirate led him to becoming part of a regular crew on the waters, dealing with bandit ships and protecting merchants whenever they could. However later on in the day, Jirn would discover that his life were to change forever.

"Jirn! What's the status on our supplies?"
"We've got plenty of water, food, arrows and staves, however we're out of bows and most of our Iron Axes are broken."
"That's unfortunate to hear. Keep an eye out for any merchants, we could buy supplies from them."
"Understood, Captain--- Wait. Something's not right..."
"Captain! Hostile ships incoming! We've got Bandits!"
"How many?"
"Five ships sir! One of them's a Leader!"
"All hands to battle stations! Man the cannons! Jirn, I need you to greet our guests. This'll give me a good idea of how you'll fair with a battle of this scale."
"Yes, Captain. You can rely on me."
And so the battle had begun. Brigands as far as the eye could see boarded Jirn's ship and attacked the crew. Most of them wielded standard Iron Swords while Jirn and the Captain had steel weaponry. Battling off the rank-and-file raiders, Jirn held his own with his axe until the leader of the charge stepped onto the ship, approaching him.

"So... *sniff* You're a new recruit on this pile of filth you call a ship."
"And you are?"
"None of your business. Just a casual raider attacking ships and making a living, and you and your ragtag bunch of misfits keep interfering with that."
"I guess we'll just have to settle this in combat."

Jirn lunged first towards him, preparing a combination of low and high axe swings. Sadly however the leader had parried each swing with his Sword as Jirn found himself encountering someone who took advantage of his weakness.

"You say you protect others, but with that speed? Hahaha! How you've survived out here being sluggish and weak is beyond me. Hayahh!"

Suddenly Jirn found himself on the defensive, taking sword hits with his axe and walking backwards. He was in a very bad predicament as most of the crew were either occupied or defeated in combat.

"(Damn it... He's taking advantage of me... Why am I so slow?!)"
"You're finished. Hah!"
Then the Leader went for a strong strike which were to be the end of him when suddenly one of his own men called out to him.
"Sir, we've got everything they've stored."
"Hmph. Good, load them onto the ship. Well, looks like it's your lucky day."

An hour after the attack on Jirn's ship, he awoke to his Captain staring at him. The expression on his face was a mixture of anger and disappointment, with a pinch of concern.

"Jirn... What happened there? I caught a glimpse of that fight, what were you doing?"
"I thought I had an advantage... Fighting on familiar territory and confident in my skill."
"That's unfortunately what I need to discuss something with you. Everyone back to your posts, repair the ship. We'll set sail for mainland."

Once everything was cleared up and done, the Captain led Jirn into his Quarters. Both of them taking a seat, the Captain started off.
"Jirn, we need to talk about your combat experience. I watched you fight out there, I could already pick out several flaws. For starters, you are incredibly slow in regards to targeting opponents, and you let your confidence in your ability defeat you in battle. When we land to resupply, stay on land and hone yourself. Only then once your skills are improved will I let you on me ship."
"...I understand, Captain. I'll do as instructed."
"Good. I have faith that you'll be a fine fighter once you return. We'll be docking at a nearby port on the Eshil Plains to obtain some supplies. You may leave us there and say your goodbyes."
"What can I bring with me?"
"You may bring some rations, your Axe and some gold in order to cover yourself for a while. However once you run out, you're on your own. Here's the coin."

He stated as he passed Jirn a bag of Gold Coins to purchase supplies with.

"Thank you, Captain. I won't let you down."
"You'd best be careful on the mainland. The seas are forgiving, but the land is not."

After a days rest and a few hours after docking, Jirn was on his journey to the village of Abelsol in order to better himself and overcome his weaknesses and his overconfidence, and hope that his experiences train him to be a great Pirate and a better man.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Takumi and Falcon