Fire Emblem RP

As a linguistic matter and purely to be pedantic; I can see where you got Kemonohito from, since Kemono means Beast and Hito means Human, but "hito" is actually read as "jin" when it has something attached to it (EG Uchu (space) + Hito (human) = Uchujin (Alien)), so they'd be "Kemonojin", which I think is a bit easier to say too.
Forgot to answer this one
I used Google translate :D
I've never had any talent for languages so I'll take your word for it and change the name to Kemonojin directly ^_^

So I'm assuming the catalyst for the action in this story will be the summit. Will there be roles for non-dignitary types from the fringe who are pulled into whatever conflict brews, or will this be primarily fought by the top echelons of society?

Forgot to answer this one
I used Google translate :D
I've never had any talent for languages so I'll take your word for it and change the name to Kemonojin directly ^_^
Lol, I used google translate too, but to confirm I was right XD I typed in "kemonojin" which was recognised as a real word, at least, and apparently is used as "Human who can shapeshift into an animal" appropriately :D rather than just "animal-person", as I first thought it would.

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
So I'm assuming the catalyst for the action in this story will be the summit. Will there be roles for non-dignitary types from the fringe who are pulled into whatever conflict brews, or will this be primarily fought by the top echelons of society?

Make your character how you want to make your character, lord, peasant, thief, whatever, and then we will find a way to pull them in. ^_^

Reactions: AtomicItalian
Fire Emblem has a good track record of pulling in people from every background, after all :D

I keep trying to remember a question I had... Cmon, remember it, remember it!

YES! GOT IT!

Weapon durability! Will that play a part in this, or is every weapon infinite?

The solution to the taguel/laguz thing works well for me! Won't have to change much... This can certainly work. I can't really think of a question that hasn't already been asked. But if something comes to mind I'll be sure to speak up.

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
Weapon durability! Will that play a part in this, or is every weapon infinite?

yes weapons will have to be repaired and replaced, but I'm going to leave this up to the individual players and trust them to be responsible for purchasing new weapons etc. in the RP

Players who forget will feel the karma paddle at inconvenient times ;)

Just like people who forget to restock when playing Fire Emblem 8D

yes weapons will have to be repaired and replaced, but I'm going to leave this up to the individual players and trust them to be responsible for purchasing new weapons etc. in the RP

Forgetting to restock just adds to the challenge :P Nothing beats screwing up and having to defeat your enemies by getting them all to attack your Kyubi until they get to 1hp from Four Fangs, then finishing them off with the bronze lance attack of your seriously low-level Pegasus!

What about Dragonstones? I'm pretty sure those were infinite in some games, and they seem like something that would be hard to find XD Also, in Nowi's dialogue, she seems to treasure hers as if it were irreplaceable, so...

I'm going to say that Drake stones are hard to find and very valuable and treasured among those that do have one. And being that they're stones . . .
Lets say that like a hard stone they'd be very hard to break and so if used wisely could last for the entire RP.
Characters with stones should be responsible with them.

I'm going to say that Drake stones are hard to find and very valuable and treasured among those that do have one. And being that they're stones . . .
Lets say that like a hard stone they'd be very hard to break and so if used wisely could last for the entire RP.
Characters with stones should be responsible with them.
I think if I had a stone, I'd probably accidentally drop it on the floor immediately XD

These stones remind me Rapiers, Hatchets, Mani Katti and all that stuff. Where you can't buy them so you do your best not to finish it or at least, make it last.

Just get yourself a 98% Armsthrift chance XD I think that's what my Severa has, anyway.

Fuck you Dread Isle. Fuck you.

It had like 2 chapters and a gaiden chapter in a row. Without shops. I mean they warn you ingame, but good luck anticipating the amount of weapons you need when you first play it.

And then there's HHM. Oh HHM... How often I restarted to kill Kishuna.

Everything past FE7 (or FE8 if you don't map-abuse) tho, weapon durability is a non-issue unless you want to S-rank everything ;p

Fuck you Dread Isle. Fuck you.

It had like 2 chapters and a gaiden chapter in a row. Without shops. I mean they warn you ingame, but good luck anticipating the amount of weapons you need when you first play it.

And then there's HHM. Oh HHM... How often I restarted to kill Kishuna.

Everything past FE7 (or FE8 if you don't map-abuse) tho, weapon durability is a non-issue unless you want to S-rank everything ;p
I never really had a problem with that area... dunno why. Maybe I just have a tendency to over-buy in the early game so by the time that area came, I had practically infinite supplies of admittedly relatively shitty weapons, but weapons none-the-less.

I never really had a problem with that area... dunno why. Maybe I just have a tendency to over-buy in the early game so by the time that area came, I had practically infinite supplies of admittedly relatively shitty weapons, but weapons none-the-less.
I like to save my money for when I need it. I anticipated like, maybe one or two chapters without shop with an amount of enemies comparable to what I'd had to battle before. Dread Isle was having none of that shit. I've prepared accordingly since, just that first time, it was terrible.

So, I've only played three of the Fire Emblem games (GBA/DS) so I may not be as knowledgable about the universe as a lot of you guys. Will this RP be super adherent to information found in the games? If so I need to bone up.

So, I've only played three of the Fire Emblem games (GBA/DS) so I may not be as knowledgable about the universe as a lot of you guys. Will this RP be super adherent to information found in the games? If so I need to bone up.
Given it's an RP, there's no combat mechanic and it's an alternate world, I don't really see much reason to buff up on info :D Only thing you might need to know is the magic triangle if that didn't feature in the games you played (cos I know it was taken out in some games)

I'm not sure if this is still open for people, but I'd like to pose a few questions and express some interest in stuff here (my first time on Iwaku, QQ bare with me);

- In regards to magic users, will they all come from spell books and staves that house a single spell? Will there be a cantrip option or will a mage have to burn up durability from a fire spell book to lite a camp fire with magic?

- For summoners, how liberal are they allowed to get with their summons? If memory serves, they lasted a set amount of time and were relatively weak in the games. Would people be able to tweak this or be selective about what's summoned to have more unique options? Maybe even do some role reversal where the summon plays the larger role then the castor or will it stay true to the game's methodology?

- For magic weapons (from Awakening I think, correct me if I'm wrong) will these be a thing and follow the same rules of using magical potential rather then physical potential? If they are an option, could there be a physical option for mages and magic users or would those strange weapons be too much?

- For pure staff users, would they simply be incapable of fighting back in combat or comparatively ineffectual like they are in the game? or will a combat version of a staff be optional in this setting just to give them some hope?

- How about fabled or story based weaponry? Examples like Ike's sword or the Dark Knight's blade that have no durability, will these be optional or reserved for 'Raid Boss' esque villains or event style things only?

(")(o3o) Though this is my first time getting into something big in Iwaku, i do love FE dearly, enough to try my first non-one on one RP here and hope I can play with you guys!