Fire Emblem Fates - The Ocean's Silent Waves - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would prefer we not get anymore Wolfskin until later but I may allow a Kitsune. I'd prefer more normal units but it's fine if you want a Kitsune.

Hi i would actually like to reserve a kitsune? ao4649 was asking on behalf of both of us and deliberation would allow for my to take the kitsune role if allowed? would submit complete form as soon as i finish character art...

And. There are my friends :3c

• Thank You
Reactions: VanceXentan
I'll allow you to take a Kitsune base character if you like.

Name: Taeko
Nicknames: N/A (come up with one?)
Class: Kitsune
Home country: Hoshido, Kitsune Hamlet
Appearance:
juv3nLy.png

-
Personality: Taeko is, much like other kitsune, outspoken and playful. She has a strong desire to see the world outside of the Hamlet, and to instill in humans the idea that kitsune are to be trusted and valued.
She is calculating, and especially skilled in subterfuge. Her charismatic nature has worked well for her, getting her out of many unsavory scenarios. She likes to talk her way out of battles, posing riddles and contests to confuse would be opponents. She is somewhat of a pacifist.
She views all animals as friends, even other magical beings, and though she may seem naive she is quite shrewd.
She likes to collect flowers. Her favorite food is curry with sweet fruits, but she hates vegetables, especially leeks.

-

Biography/history: Taeko's family is among the most respected in the Kitsune Hamlet. Within it, her mother and father are known to craft the most sought after jewelry within the Hamlet, out of many precious stones, metals, any resource they can have. Due to kitsune having such extreme vanity, they are willing to go to any lengths to obtain something more beautiful than anyone around them. Her mother, Higanbana, was especially adept at locating rare and sought after materials. Taeko inherited this ability- the gene only present in female kitsune. Her mother and her would frequently go out searching for resources together. After a particular incident, however, she was banned from leaving the Hamlet under any circumstances.

Once in Taeko's childhood, Higanbana was required to scale an impressive cliffside to reach the (normally unobtainable) materials on the top. Leaving Taeko below in safety, the kitsune child wandered, excited to be away from the limits of her clan. Her mother wasn't terribly concerned, as she knew the area to be safe, when she scouted it. Her daughter was especially fond of the wildflowers they could never see in their village, and would bring as many as she could carry home to her father, to perfume their products.
Her wandering led her to a clearing, where she had met her first human, a child about the same age as her (6). He told her all about the world beyond the area she was familiar with, and even that there were countries past Hoshido. She was astounded that there were so many places outside of her home, and so many different types of people. She thought she had made herself a friend, when his father, a hunter approached. Seeing the manner of beast she was, he pulled his son away- warning him that her kind would kill him on sight like they'd done many in his career, and enraged swore revenge on them, considering killing the young fox in place. She was afraid and confused, having been kept from any of the violence present within her village. Her mother luckily, was keen on senses and rushed to her aid, transforming in front of them, scaring both humans away. She warned her daughter to never speak to humans- who asked too much on the subject. From then on she was forbidden from leaving.

Her family had hoped for her to continue their tradition. However, she has become very disillusioned with how trapped and sheltered she feels by the limitations of the Hamlet- especially the fear of humans. Her mother refused for her to go- but her father overruled, reminding her mother that a kitsune's curious nature wasn't one that would do well caged in such a small environment. Though unhappy with the decision, her parents stipulation was to disguise herself among the humans, so that she would not be targeted for her fur, or for revenge.

Impacted so heavily by the fear humans had of her even as a child, she decided to join the Hoshidan army, to show her loyalty and set a better representation for other kitsune, should she ever be allowed to remove her disguise.

Of course, her rambunctious nature got the best of her, and she broke her bow before the battle even began, by stepping on it. Left without it, she's decided against her human disguise, thinking better to represent her kind openly, and transparent.
Luckily, the hoshidan army has been nothing but accommodating (as is the nature of Hoshido), and she's happy to serve so long as she is able to gain a better understanding of the outside world, as well as repair the reputation of her people.
-
Weapons: Beaststone

-

Items: Beaststone, some dried meats, broken bow, headwrap (not worn, unless she's trying to hide her ears)
Other: (for anything that I may have missed)

and that about covers it I believe

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Takumi
Name: Remigia.
Nicknames: Introduces self as 'Remi', but will answer to just about anything.
Age: Won't say; (Looks to be late teens/early twenties, but is actually somewhere in her 30s.)
Class: Wyvern Rider.
Home country: Born and raised in Nohr, has never left the country; Father is of Fire Tribe descent.
Appearance:
OtVfuKH.png

(not the best thing ive ever drawn but no one can say i didnt try also she wears a cloak over it but i could not be assed im sorry)
(>when u reclass but ur too cheap to buy new armour)

Of short stature (around 5'2) and slender, almost sharp build. She is dark-olive skinned and vaguely roundfaced with pale, upturned eyes, and keeps naturally light grey hair (camouflaging early grey streaks as lighter tones) tied up to the side, occasionally braided. Prefers long gloves to conceal markings on arms and chest despite a distaste for warm weather-- tends to forgo most heavy or metallic armour as a result ('I was fine without it as a Dark Mage, she insists'). Single mark on cheek. Fond of eye makeup. Bad at smiling.
-
Personality:
Pragmatic; For someone with such a negative outview, she's very determined to live, and is willing to drop anything and everything to do it. If a solution isn't working out for her, she'll find another, and if something else just isn't making sense, she prefers to nix it. Possibly due to her impoverished upbringing and own personal mistakes, inefficiency irritates her beyond belief and wastefulness is an unforgiveable sin to her. This sense of rigid realism contributes to her pessimism, as she often finds wistfulness, regrets or even some interactions to be a waste of time. As a result, she isn't the best with people (and though she'd never admit it, she's actually very lonely).
Creative; When the going gets tough, the tough gets going-- sometimes in the most absurd ways possible. She has her own way of doing things, and is very good at finding odd solutions to difficult problems. When in doubt, BS your way out. As a related side effect to this and a bit of a hint at her previous potion experience, she's especially adept at cooking, and often makes up strange but delicious combinations on kitchen duty.
Thorough; Though things don't always catch her interest and she can even appear apathetic or listless at times, she gets extremely dedicated to research. Really, when she gets interested in a topic, she obsesses. She always has to know every detail, read every book, and know every fact. Though this is useful on the battlefield (memorising maps and knowing inventory by heart), it becomes a bit of a social hindrance; approaching her in the midst of a fresh obsession is the best way to become bogged down with more facts than you ever wanted to know about fish.
Fatuous; Despite her true age and worldly demeanour, she is prone to bouts of immaturity, typically in the form of schadenfreude or crude humour. Ironically, this is why she prefers not to share her age-- she tends to find it a little embarrassing that she hardly acts the part.
Blunt; Wasting time is wasting resources, and as such she isn't one to beat around the bush. Being direct to a fault, she often has trouble remembering that blunt approaches don't always work for everyone and actually has an alarming tendency to put her foot in her mouth as a result. She fails to notice that honesty and rudeness are not necessarily interchangeable concepts and while she can be counted on to always deal with problems head on, she can not be counted on to solve them competently. While this is a social hazard for her, she often excuses herself on account of her curse, claiming that such a thing makes relationship's fruitless anyway. Whether or not she really believes this is another matter entirely.
Conceited; Though her lesson was learned and she has for the most part gotten past her hedonistic tendencies, she can come off as a bit of a know-it-all and does often genuinely believe she knows better than others, either due to her age and experiences or due to her research-- though she oft forgets books are not always replacements for hands-on experience and her own experience-based knowledge is very niched. As such, she can be a bit shortsighted and fail to see the point of view of others, or have difficulty relating to their problems. Though she does not give advice unless asked, she tends to believe her approach is best and may become offended if said advice is ignored.

At best she is practical, worldly, and reliable.
At worst she is nihilistic, tactless, and stubborn.

Biography/history: Born to lower-middle class family in Nohr (consisting of: One (1) father, deceased, one (1) mother, estranged, and several moderately rambunctious felines) and raised on the barely comfortable and ever precarious poverty line, Remi learned to get by via a combination of pragmatic action and adaptability, growing up taking odd jobs to help support her family until adulthood and a traditional Nohrian lack of resources led her to more drastic measures-- magic is one resource there's never been any shortage of, and as it turned out, she had a natural knack for it-- quickly picking up flame magic to keep the furnace lit, followed by an increasing collection for the purpose of fighting off bandits and thieves. Talent turned to obsession and as her thirst for more and more tomes drained her coinpurse, her mother eventually grew bitter that her hobby cost more money than it ever brought in or saved and requested (less than politely) she make as most adults do and leave her home.

Unable to deny such logic and naively eager for the opportunity to travel and gain more knowledge (perhaps foreign magic-- the scrolls of her father's homeland rang appealing), but quickly discovered that demand for freelance mages is low, and money does not grow on trees (and, in land like this, neither does food). But, creatures of darkness may survive on darkness, and as it happens some dark tomes have the interesting property of absorbing the health and life force of those victim to their curses. In a hedonistic fit, she took to stealing life as normal thieves stole gold-- at first only to get by, but later in excess; why not retain youth and vitality if you have the option? And given the unique situation, it was hard to catch on to her scheme, let alone ever stop her. Surely the everpresent fatigue and declining health of the denizens of the area was just the result of some mysterious plague, right?

But hubris rarely holds for long, and after some years of making her life this way, her act was caught-- by another mage, no less. Knowing such an accusation would never take hold (let alone sink in), the mage decided to teach her a lesson. A toxic body for her toxic attitude-- every spell cast left a rot in her bones and every life stolen left her feeling lifeless, eventually a walking corpse if she continued as she were. Despite her best efforts she was left unable to remove the malady; after all, her specialty was laying corpses, not lifting them, and eventually her pragmatic adaptability came into play again, and she told herself, 'If magic is the cause my condition, why not forgo it altogether?'. Thusly and with great bitterness, she left her life's work, decades of research and practice behind her and took up an axe in lieu of a tome. After all, she'd always rather liked dragons, and in any case, flyers were in high demand in times of war.

Hey, conquest is as good an excuse to travel as any, right?
-
Weapons: Bronze Axe

Items: Nothing relevant, but probably has a weirdly expansive candle stash.

Other: Born 1/19; The least finicky with food.

---
its like 7am and i havent slept yet so if my english is failing me lemme know and i can redo some parts of it lol i just wanted to get this done

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Takumi
@Dio Brando Could you expand your bio on why your family is so respected in the Kitsune's land? Maybe put in some personal experiences she had earlier in life that would make her want to join the army of Hoshido instead of just traveling like Kaden?

@ao4649 Could you go into more about what she's doing now? Is she in the army is she a part of some gang?

It just occurred to me that the continent Fates takes place on has never been named and that bothers me

I heard people assuming it's some sort of weird time travel bs with Awakening but I have no clue if they're just hypothesizing or what.

Well Selena and Laslow refer to it as another world, not another time. Though I suppose it could be possible if its like very very very far into the future (I say future because it seems as though manakete finally just about died out save for the lucky few royals). Granted between the fact that gates to other dimensions are literally everywhere and that Valla is even a thing you can also assume that it's just in some weird spacetime pocket.

still waiting for dio and ao to get back to me.

I'll yell at them on skype

Sorry about that I had to work a 12 hour double shift today, workin on updating it now

ao was at his friend's 21st birthday for most of the day and as got rather drunk as a result, or in his own words: "i cant rn im so dtunk" and will try to get it done tomorrow.

Alright thanks for the update Autumn.

It looks good feel free to post. I'll update you to the front page later. The IC Link should be somewhere on page 2 or 3. 3's should be easier to find but then again just pressing control f lets you search for IC LINK on the page. Right now Ryoma's army is marshaling near the border and waiting on Xander to come.

I'd like to apologize to @Uncle Legens Legentis for not doing much for him as it stands until the battle starts I don't really have much for him to do.

That's alright by me, no need to apologize. ^_^
I appreciate it though.

Well here's the deal if they're not done and posted by tomorrow I'll force the battle into action. They can still join but it will be after any calm has happened. I can't just sit here and let two players sit on their hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.