1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Mecha, Superhero, Anime, Adventure, Magical
OOC: OPEN SIGNUPS - Fire Emblem Fates - The Ocean's Quiet Waves - OOC

How long had Audric been making his way through the country side exactly? Days...weeks? It couldn't have been too long ever since he received that call he had intended to find out the truth of the matter. Maybe if he could get to one of the Nohrian Royals before things got out of hand he could do something. Stop this matter from getting worse. Failing that maybe he could go to Hoshido and get Ryoma to listen to him. How long had it been since he had talked to a Hoshidan for any length of time? Most of the people who came through Cyrkensia were Norhian in origin. Regardless the young born noble could only hope that he could do something anything! His guards had informed him that Hoshido had re-found their long lost prince. Rumor had it Hoshido had long since suspected Nohr of kidnapping the young prince Corrin.

Audric wipe sweat from his brow his dully colored hair a mess as the breeze swept through his hair. He had decided to make his way on foot for the remaining journey. He always was a better fighter on his own two feet. Maybe that had been a mistake but he didn't want to hamper himself. Daywalker hung from his belt gleaming in the morning sun. His brother was probably worried sick and undoubtedly angry at the young Nestrian's sudden act of running off. Nolan always was more sensible about things. Audric...Audric preferred to pursue action immediately. He didn't immediately go to violence as his salvation but he was more than ready to use it. Maybe just maybe he could intervene before something went wrong.

Samanthia...she'd kill him for abandoning her back at the border no doubt she probably was a mess right now. He'd have to apologize to his retainer for not bringing her along. She was a competent fighter but her lack of....grace may have slowed him down. Besides Sky Knights aren't something he remembered being stealthy enough to escape notice if the situation called for it. At worse someone would think him a glorified bandit. Anyone stupid enough to challenge him would be felled by his axe otherwise. He had to stop the war from breaking out it would cause so much suffering. He was sure someone would probably be coming after him anyways. It wouldn't take long before someone from his house caught up to him.

The young noble came to a sudden halt as he leaned against a tree collapsing to his knees breathing in and out deeply as he shook his head. "Gotta keep going...got to...get....got to get them to stop." Audric breathed in deeply as he quickly went to his side and grabbed his canteen and drink from it greedily. "I can do it...I have to try at the very least. If I don't then...then...no don't think about that keep going!" Audric said to himself as he leaned himself up against the tree steadying himself. He didn't want to fail...failure in this moment effected more than him. Some nobles wouldn't care...some nobles in Nestra would sit back and let this happen. What did a neutral country risk at trying to stop this insanity. He had only caught wind of the capture of the Nohrian Prince Corrin due to the mere fact that he had met a merchant on the way here telling him that a man in Nohrian finery was in Hoshido in the company of Hoshidans. Let alone the mess that had happened a couple days earlier. Why...why had Lady Mikoto...damn it! He never met the woman...but he knew her as a passionate and beloved lady of Hoshido. Then why....why did she have to die at a time like this!? The realm was now destabilized, and Audric knew of the march coming from Xander.

Audric kept running. He kept running because he knew he had no choice in the matter. He ran because his heart demanded it. He ran and ran but he didn't know if it would pay off in the end. Though he wasn't sure how much longer his legs could hold him up.

====

The time span had been short a week and a half since Corrin had gone missing. Nohr had marshaled their forces under the command of Prince Xander of Nohr. Corrin the young Prince had reappeared in Hoshido...with disastrous results. Between the apparent capture of the young Nohrian/Hoshidan Prince and the border incident causing relations to tumble into a black abyss at the Bottomless Canyon. The Nohrian Army had set out on a march towards Hoshido and were approaching a river crossing near the border between the two nations. Ryoma himself had taken some of his elite towards the river and set up a camp there in order to preemptively stop the march of the Nohrians.

Corrin the fated brother of both families is unaware of this but his presence will make all the difference soon enough. Ryoma had set out with a small army of his own Hoshidan forces leaving behind his retainers and allies. His intentions are to destroy Xander's men before they get near Hoshido. The dull orange sun in the sky flutters around as fate makes it's inevitable move towards the end of the feud between the Sun Born Kingdom and the Sacred Kingdom of Darkness.

However...fate itself seems to be unwinding as things rush towards an unsatisfactory ending for all parties about to be involved in this conflict. Hoshidan...Nohrian....all will feel the sting of the branch of destiny that is about to break.

"No... No, not here. Not there. Damn, where did he go? Oooh man he's going to kill me!"

Chenille thought to herself aloud as she ran around the forest. "Leno! Leno!" She called out, but to no avail. The bushy shrubs and low hanging branches did nothing to stop her she searched. Her keen nose sniffed around, desperately trying to catch even the slightest whiff of her brother. But alas, the strongest scents she was catching were nothing like his musk. Just the usual woodland aroma and animal feces every here and there. The strong scents of that were beginning to obscure the ones around her. And now, she felt more lost than ever before...

It was her fault, really. The two got caught up in the hoopla going on within the kingdom of Nohr. The army had been heading somewhere, in a direction Chenille hadn't been familiar with. She wanted to follow them, but her brother said it was far too stupid and dangerous to go along. Leno had expected her to follow so they could go home. Chenille, on the other hand, had followed the army out of curiosity thinking that her bother was nearby. But now, now she was in trouble. No doubt Leno was going to give her a piece of his mind once they reunited... Well, if they reunited...

The Wolfskin continued running through the terrain, finding nothing except what appeared to be a restless boy running down the main path. The boy had caught her attention, mainly because said man looked like he was running like his life depended on it. Her ears perked up, a glimmer of hope in her eyes as her tail wagged furiously behind her. Humans usually ran like that when they encountered Leno! Did he happen to run past her brother? Leno was probably being a sourpuss right now, and this human must have been at the wrong place at the wrong time! Or he was running from something else... Well, best ask him before whatever was going to happen happened!

Chenille took off, running as fast as her legs would allow. She quickly knocked away branches and shrubs, moving into the main path so that this mysterious person could see her. "Hey! Hey human! Can I talk to you really quick?" She asked once she was running side by side with the gray haired male.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leno knew he couldn't trust his sister. He told her not to leave his side. And what happened? She was gone! Just like that! Grrr, if those dastards hadn't stopped to try and rob him, he would have caught up with her by now... Instead, they made him lose her smell, and now it was just a hassle of trying to find her through a mess he shouldn't have to go through in the first place.

The Wolfskin had followed the path around the North West going straight towards the other end of the forest. The faintest scent of Chenille lingered in the air, but it wasn't enough to pinpoint her exact whereabouts. All it said was that he had to keep moving forward and keep his eyes peeled. Scent near the bushes and trees, scent around the other side of the path, times where the smell was completely masked by others... It was difficult on him. His sister most certainly had been searching everywhere, and she must have thought Leno had been pursuing her during her wild army chase... Or she might have been trying to do something else but instead got lost... Grrr... What could that something else possibly be, if that were the case?

He should have grabbed Chenille and dragged her out of that town... Instead, here he was, following a strange path to find his sister... Why was the smell still so faint? She couldn't be that far!

Celeste took a swig from her water skin as she rested under a tree, she had been travelling for days for her latest job. It had seemed easy enough, track down a noble travelling alone and keep him safe, discreetly if at all possible.
Unfortunately she underestimated just how much of a head start he had, even with the speed advantage her dear Pegasus Agallia granted she was still behind with only a vague idea of where Audric was.
To make matters more complex, there was a sizable Hoshidan force camped out not far from where she was resting, so she would likely need to walk all the way over to their camp before taking off, lest they mistake her for an attacker and shoot her down.

As Celeste was considering giving up and moving on, she spotted someone running in the distance, though too far to make out, there was the possibility of it being her charge, or at least knowing where he might be.
With that thought in her mind she quickly began re saddling Agallia to ride over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bridget Richele tried with little success to suppress a groan as she walked in rank with several other magic wielders, when she was selected for a military operation she had at first been ecstatic... Finally a chance to prove herself on battlefield and show everyone the power of the Eternal flame!
But of course while her delusions were amazing for dealing with fear or anxiety... They didn't really work for physical exertion. And as such the long march had taken its toll on the young woman.
She had skipped out on a lot of physical training, preferring to hone her magic.
"If only I got a horse... who makes mages walk anyway... I should just go ahead and fight by myself..."
She muttered under her breath, not really meaning it, though it of course didn't go unnoticed...

Kazuma sat with his fellow Hoshidans as they made a small camp for a little while. Their scouting party was a few miles ahead of Lord Ryoma's army and had sent word back about terrain, and other such nonsense, however no news about young Lord Corrin, He shook his head and laughed with his fellows as they talked about simple matters from their lives. kazuma was the first to rise and start moving through the wooded area again, the small band of Hoshidan regulars behind him, his brass colored armor glinted in the sunlight that touched it, and his glossy tied back black ponytail was coming undone a little as they continued their trek, the white surcoat like apparel over his armor getting dirty from the journey from the capital.

He held his hand up, looked around quickly surveying the area and took his hair out, he didn't want to get ambushed while fixing his hair. It fell somewhat heavily onto his shoulders, he wiped sweat from his forehead before tying his hair back up neat and tightly at the back of his head, he keeps a hand on the shaft of his spear as he continues with the other scouts. He felt they should he as careful as can be here, another scouting party said that Nohrian soldiers were seen in the vicinity, he does wish to test his skill and mettle in battle, if only to show the Nohrians how a proper spear fighter fought, unlike their own spear-men who lacked the refined skill the Hoshidan men and women had with their weapons.

@Jessica2477 @Mahou-Shoujo

Audric came to a stop quickly enough and put his hand on the grip of his axe despite his profuse sweating, and exhaustion he was always ready to defend himself. He didn't draw his weapon just yet though. What caught his ear was the word 'human' which meant that whoever had just called him was likely a Kitsune. He turned around and saw a rather pretty young woman scampering up to him as he looked her over however he saw a tail...but not a bright one more of a dark color. Wolfskin. "Wolfskin! Do not get any closer! I have no problems with you. I don't wish for violence. Please ask your questions, and be gone I am trying to stop a war from igniting. I apologize for my rudeness however I must be on my way!" Audric said calmly but at the ready. He really didn't wish to harm the creature but he knew from experience that those beasts were not friendly to humans and even ate them at times. Nestra wasn't too far off from their homeland, and some of his allies had even been killed by wandering too far into their territory. Audric's warrior instinct never allowed him to be too polite to a possible enemy, and kept him at the ready as he listened for the sound of any possible rustling noises that would signify a pounce.

====

As the troops of Nohr kept marching a young gentlemen with very light armor, and a helmet hiding his green hair came marching up next to Bridget he wasn't smiling quite so much as grinning. He was clearly one of the conscripts Garon had ordered fill out the Nohr Army sometime ago. He kept pace with the mage and nodded at her. "Hey there! You're one of our healers aren't you? Name's Millow I'm one of the reserve soldiers. People around here come from all types of backgrounds don't they? And Hoshido seems really pretty doesn't it?" The young lad said with a cool friendliness as he marched alongside the man. "You conscripted? I sure am I don't got nothin' against them darn Hoshidans but you know if Lord Xander says we need to fight I guess it's the right thing to do. Isn't it? I mean I heard stories of Xander how intimidating he is but I never seen anything so terrifying and yet so graceful in my life. Granted the closest thing I've seen that was graceful were birds. Not that I really know much about grace in the first place." Millow chuckled awkwardly as tried to make small talk with the young mage.

====

"Rally up men!" came the voice of the elderly samurai soldier named Saito as he marched toward the center of the Hoshidan encampment. Ninja, and other soldiers were roaming around getting into formation. Ryoma was already on the front so Saito had to manage and keep up the spirits of the men. They had seen conflict with the Nohrian faceless already but now they were fighting real people and not monsters. Arguably more intimidating. What was taking a life compared to slaying a monster? "Today we defend our homeland against Nohr they come to attack us and destroy our people. Many of you, as I told at least, are still mourning Lady Mikoto. Still we must strive hard for victory for the sake of Prince Ryoma. Take heart in your abilities gentlemen, and ladies. Your the pride of the Hoshidan forces. Fight to your best or you will fall. Be warned if you can't take a life be prepared to at least hurt a man. They will not hesitate to strike you down for their King Garon. Do not fall to their level we are better than that. If anyone has any questions they may come see me. Dismissed." Saito shouted loudly and with pride to his men who were listening many of them acknowledged him, and others went to simply do their jobs once more. Saito himself kept his composure despite feeling tired of all the fighting he had been enduring since he was a boy. He hated war he really did. The nohrians were people like them too why must Garon insist on this madness? All the same he'd defend his homeland from the invaders. Saito found a nearby rock and sat down on it before taking a headband from his waist and tying it around his head. As Saito went to go and check on the front line soldiers he stopped one of the messengers running around and told him to sent out a pigeon to have all of the scout parties reform up, and get back to camp as soon as possible.

@VanceXentan

Chenille stopped once Audric did, but his introduction left an angry pout on her face. Sheesh, if all stranger humans were like this, no wonder Leno wasn't fond of them. The apology didn't do much since the other was still tense and ready to fight. "Sheesh Mr. Rudey pants, relax. If I was looking to hunt, I would have attacked you a while ago. Anyway! I'm looking for my brother. Looks just like me, angry, and probably muttering something like "Grrr, where is she!?" I'd find him myself, but with so many scents in this sniffer, I can barely smell you right now. Have you seen him?" She asked him. Chenille paused then remembered something. "He might be going in that direction, now that I think about it." The Wolfskin muttered more to herself than the human looked over towards Audric's destination then back at him.

"Look I'm sorry however I do not know where your brother is at. I didn't think Wolfskin even came out this far east. Just stay away from the general direction of the plains, and keep away from any big groups of humans. Hoshido's capital is some distance away maybe he went in that direction. If I don't keep going right now then I'm going to be late. Again I'm sorry." Audric said as he quickly ran off towards the plains once more. He hoped that the wolfskin girl wouldn't think to follow him. Whoever her brother was he was an unknown to him, and if she followed him she may just get hurt. Audric couldn't allow that so hopefully she'd do the smart thing and stay away. Audric couldn't afford to be polite if it meant that his actions could save the lives of hundreds! Even if he was a non factor at all he could at least try!

Last edited:
It took Bridget a moment to realize she was being spoken to, and her first reaction was to shrink back with a surprised yelp, so far no one had spoken to her for any reason other than to pass on orders or to berate her for some mistake.
"Haha... Foolish man... I am no healer, but the great mage Bridget of the eternal flame!"
She declared after a moment, her declaration backed by a slightly silly looking pose.
"I... I volunteered! For the world to acknowledge my talents I must vanquish a great enemy..."
The man's friendly, non threatening attitude was rapidly eating away at Bridget's mask and she found it harder to remain as her mask personality.
"I guess... It is quite pretty... I hope I don't accidentally start a wildfire..."
She said in a tone barely above a whisper as she looked out at the area they were traveling through.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Celeste finally seemed to be gaining ground on the man she had seen, enough so that she could confirm that it was definitely Audric, and in an effort to reach him quicker, she took to the air, flying about ten feet above the ground as she flew towards him.
"Lord Audric! Please stop running!"
She shouted when she decided he would be close enough to hear her voice.

A man cladded in samurai attire with familiar flame tribe ornaments and phenotype, followed a group of soldiers to the potential war zone. He heard about a young prince named Corrin, who was from Nohr, but of Hoshidian descent. Ginkah wondered which side the prince would aid, and he smirked a bit, as he realized Corrin joining any side wouldn't matter, since a war will break out no matter what on the plains. A delightful war, where Ginkah could showcase his skills, and obtain honor, or respect, at least for himself, since if he fought for the army, most troops would take Ginkah's earned honor with a grain of salt. After all, flame tribe members remained neutral, and as a result, they were typically stereotyped as unfaithful hoshidians.

Upon reaching Ryoma's group, the armed forces stood still, including Ginkah. Ginkah's hands were twitching, so he placed his hands firmly on the hilt of his steel katana, in order to calm himself. His nerves were acting up, as he always gets excited whenever a battle's about to start. He thought to himself, maybe if the war ended, the flame tribe would open up, or maybe if he became a war hero, he could return to the flame tribe. However, all his ideas seemed silly to him, for there was no one way an exiled tribesman could ever return. That was until he noticed Rinkah, another flame tribesman, far off in the distance. Thus, the idea of becoming a war hero persisted in his mind, and he awaited the battles start, so he could speak with Rinkah.

"Hey Kazu looks like we're heading back to camp." One of the ninja in the scouting party says as he let's the pigeon go, it flies back the way they start heading as well. Kazuma and his group ran back to their army camp, thankfully no Nohrian patrols between them and their destination and Kazuma looks to his group "hey, grab a quick break before we head out, I'll give the debrief to our commanding officer." He says and waves back towards the group and ran through the camp, slowing down his pace as he saw Saito in the distance. He walks up slowly and gets the elderly samurai's attention.

Kazuma bows and salutes "Sir, the areas my party scouted were clear of any Nohrians, no ambushes or traps of any kind, and it would provide decent cover either for an ambush of our own, or a retreat if needed." Kazuma stood there waiting his next batch of orders, he was sweaty from the hard run back to camp, the orders from the pigeon said they'd be marching when all parties returned, he didn't know if they were the first, last, or somewhere inbetween, and was slightly on edge due to the growing tension in the camp.

Chenille had been about to say something else before the gray haired boy left, but he was already gone. Says sorry and then keeps being rude... Well, she didn't smell any lies on him, so at least she couldn't call him one either. But what he said was interesting. Maybe Leno did head to Hoshido. He might have thought ahead and gone there knowing Chenille was following the army, and then he would meet her there! Yes! She knew how Leno thought!

But she'd have to take a different path, unless she wanted to run into Mr. Rude again. So, she stepped into the forest side and began running, continuing in the same direction where Audric had run.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leno was about ready to murder Chenille with his bare hands. He could smell her leaving, and he had no idea why she was running away from him. Nothing stood out regarding scent except Chenille and another unfamiliar one. But it didn't smell like a poacher... Besides, poachers came in groups; never alone. So what could she possibly be running from that wasn't Leno himself? If anything, his sister would be running towards his smell.

The Wolfskin picked up the pace, running pretty quick despite it not being his full speed. He ignored anything and everything unless it attacked him. All he wanted right now was to catch up to his sister and find out if she was in danger.

@Jessica2477 @Mahou-Shoujo @Dragonslayer Ornstein

Millow smiled and chuckled at the mage's self importantance it really was something to see these city fellas think so high of themselves. "Sorry ma'am didn't know that you weren't a healer. Most mages 'round these parts are darker mages. Hell even the mage in my old village used black magic. Nohrians like us don't typically go for standard mage arts. So I hope it's ok if I give you my apologizes." Millow said with a nod of his head and an apologetic smile. "Volunteering for duty though? You must certainly got somethin' against those Hoshidans." Millow said as he brought himself close to whisper, "I mean it's not like Ol' King Garon actually gives a damn about anyone. He's got so many fortresses lavished in riches that he must not care about us common folk all that much." Millow said as he suddenly pulled back as to not invite a misunderstanding or looks from the other soldiers. "Or at least that's what I'm told. Personally I got nothin' against them Hoshidans they just more lucky than us with the sun always gracing their farm lands. Still if it's a fight we're going for then I don't got much choice. Personally I think it would be a shame to lose such pretty lands. Animals, and hunter depend on good land to thrive without 'em the population suffers on both ends." Millow commented idly as he gazed around at the various troops marching in unison some of them were idly mumbling a marching song while a few men played the some marching drums to keep the men in line.

====

Saito noticed a group of scouts finally arriving back it was Kazuma's men. He figured they'd be behind Toshi's group but they hadn't come back first. "Good the less Nohiran soldiers running about the less chances for a strategic ambush. I doubt they're going to use any stealth units to try and flank us they don't know the territory." Saito quickly stood up and looked at the sky. "I'm curious though Kazuma tell me do you believe that we're in the right of this? Nohr killed our queen. However we took the young Prince Corrin away from them. I wasn't there when he came back but ninja tell me that he didn't exactly remember being with us and he looked none the worse from harm. In all aspects it appears he became a part of the Nohrian Royal Family. Quite the quagmire. We rescued one of our own but in doing so we robbed the Nohrians of a family member. I'm not sure what to think myself. Surely Prince Corrin is happy to know of his true lineage. And of course it is only right to rescue our family members. But did Prince Corrin WANT to be rescued?" Saito said deep in thought really he just wanted to hear if the other Hoshidans were as fervent about Nohr's rampages as some of the older soldiers. The faceless invasions, the kidnappings, and the open warfare now approaching them? Was there more at it to this than Saito knew? "This is all on the casual basis by the way Kazuma speak freely I may be an elder samurai but I do like to know the thoughts of my troops."

===

Audric stopped in his tracks as he looked to the sky and sighed. It would seem that the Hoshidans would prove an issue after all he stopped in his tracks and stood firm. "Hoshidan Fliers? Where is your commander!? I need to see him NOW." Audric called he only assume the woman knew of him because of his reputation but he didn't suspect something else until she came closer in which case it became clear this woman was not a Hoshidan soldier. "Name yourself! I am Sir Audric of Cyrnkensia what do you need of me? Why are you here?" Audric said as he stood his ground but he knew better than to try and run from a flier, or a mounted unit anyways. "Still here Wolfskin? Fine if you're so insistent on following me so be it. Just don't complain when you find yourself in a bad position I told you where I'm going is not safe." Audric said calmly as he prepared himself for whatever else was to come. "Also before you ask no I am not familiar with that person." Audric said in regard to the strange pegasus knight.[

Last edited:
'W..well... Now you know!"
She stuttered out, what was it that Celeste had told her before?
"Remember that if someone on your side is being friendly you shouldn't panic... There most likely isn't a motive behind it".
The words her friend spoke right before leaving to become a mercenary came to her mind quite clearly and she tried to follow them, not too difficult considering how nonthreatening Millow seemed to be.
"To be honest... I kinda had to volunteer... I ran out of money and people kept on getting angry at me about things..."
Bridget admitted as they walked, she did still believe at least partially in the possibility of winning fame and fortune... Though she would have preferred to stay at home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celeste sighed loudly as the man who she was certain had to be Audric now that she was so close assumed her to be from Hoshido.
While of course she wasn't actually too upset by it.
They had never actually met and considering the location and circumstances it was only natural to assume she was from Hoshido.
Celeste landed and trotted closer to Audric so that she wouldn't have to shout for him to hear her.
'I am Celeste Highmore, I was hired to keep you from getting yourself hurt and to offer any other assistance you require!"
She declared professionally before letting her curiosity get the better of her.
"Why are you here in this first place though?... If you don't mind me asking..."

"Oh I see well we all gotta pay back debts owed to us somehow I guess. I don't usually understand business you city folks do. I, and the people in my village, work on a barter system. Say you want a house painted, or you need another chicken. Then you should trade for that chicken using something of equal value, or help them out with some sort of field work. Then again it's not very practical in a big setting I suppose. That's why I don't like goin' to them big cities. Folks there aren't as trusting as country kids like me it makes dealing with them strange." Millow stated not really noticing Bridget's awkwardness he just pressed it off as some sort of quirk. "Just make sure you stay outta danger got it? Can't have you getting hurt. Mages aren't meant to be on the front lines after all. I mean I'm not one to talk with this big pointy stick but you're not even wearing any armor are you?" Millow said with a chuckle as he mentioned his own lack of armor but it was more because he was just another cannon fodder soldier than anything.

===

"So your one of Nolan's girls huh? I thought I was being sneaky...then again if he heard what happened at Hoshido somehow, or maybe that I actually lost a fight he'd be wondering either way what happened to me. I appreciate the aid soldier however I do not need aid per say as I need to get moving quickly. I doubt your pegasus can hold me anyways with my armor. No offense intended of course." as he turned around he looked towards the path he was running and sighed and he stopped for a moment to drink more of his remaining water. "Nohr wants any excuse it can to wring Hoshido's neck. It's resources are few, and far between. A few of my boys are from Nohr you see and they've told me some bad stories about their place back home. So I was hoping I could talk to Prince Ryoma about possibly lowering tensions about the war with Nohr. Then if I succeeded I'd try Prince Xander, or Leo they seem like smart gentlemen from the stories I've heard of their prowess. If either or failed then I did what I could and that's important to me. I don't like innocent people suffering. That's why they called me Audric 'Bandit's Bane' back home. I take on the thugs so the little people don't need to worry. At least that's what nobles should be doing instead of mass war." Audric said as he shook his head. "I fear I have already wasted a lot of valuable time here I'm not sure if I can make it in time now but I still have to try."

Kazuma sighed a little and looked around at the army and everyone hustling to get ready for more marching...and for battle. As mucha s he wanted to prove his skills in combat with their enemy, the coming bloodshed and death gave way to trepidation as he looks back towards the elderly samurai.

"While I do share in the fervor to protect my homeland and all those I hold dear, and wanting revenge for the late queen, like any of my fellow countrymen. I do not wish to see so many die because of a needless conflict, if this is fully needed and we have no other course of action left to us...we shall fight and be proud of our resolve, but I have oft been wondering if fighting is what we need, surely a peaceful resolution could be made with the Nohrian royals and their King." He shrugs and nods his head, still thinking about the rest of his answer. Basically, if the prince was fine where he was then we had no right of ripping him from the family he grew up with, I feel for our own royal family having lost their brother for so long but, he is a man with no recollection of his birth siblings, just of his adopted ones from Nohr...it maybe the unpopular opinion, but I believe we should've left well enough alone and not ripped him from the only home he's known since childhood. This rash act has brought us into a war with our militaristic neighbor, one who's pride is their army, tactics, and overall might. I was happy to see the prince returned, but it will also bring us unneeded sadness now that he was thrown back into our lives." The spear fighter says and kind of looks down, realizing his words are a bit harsh now and he sounded angry about the situation, he bowed to Saito "I apologize, I know you told me to speak candidly but I feel I overstepped my privilege."

"You apologize for replying to me who asked you what you thought the first place? You are honest which is what I respect however you may want to watch what you say in public. If you don't you may be labelled and spy." Saito commented flatly as he got up from his seat and brandished his katana to make sure it was in good enough condition to fight with. Deeming it so he sheathed it for the moment and looked back at Kazuma. "The Nohrians aren't to be trusted in bulk. A single individual may be interested in our opinion however at the end of the day they are still ruled by the iron fisted King Garon. Knowing him this was all a pretext to just invade our country. Prince Corrin's life must've been worth less than anyone's' to the king if what we suspect is true in that Corrin's sword was magical enchanted to explode the way it did. More over the faceless invasions can't be overlooked either. Know that we are justified in our cause. The light dragon bless us with the righteousness to strike down the nohrian fiends who dare to attack us. Show mercy when it is called for. However never hesitate against any enemy who is after your life. That is my advice to you." Saito told Kazuma with a quiet serene tone as he looked towards the sky. "My gut tells me they will be here any minute now."

Status
Not open for further replies.