Fire Emblem: Crestfallen | IC

322601fc8a731c5bf7a1e2792dd17826.png
MENTIONS: Everyone

So they weren't permitted to use horses. It was expected, after all. Sherry knew that Doric was a promiment horseman, though the professors and faculty most likely wanted to see how they did on foot. Even then, the Marlon boy's plan was solid. She nodded at her friend's words, then turned to Alex. "We should keep the sturdy fighters on the defense, yes. I'll also take flanking duty, though I'll keep an eye out for any openings we can exploit. I'll make sure to tell you who the ranged should target," she added as she turned to Leon and Lapis. Doric was a magic user as well from what she could remember, but he'd be better using his lance for the time being. "If we stick to our plan, I believe we'll emerge victorious."

With nothing else to add, she took the head of the group as she led them onto the field. They walked along at a leisurely stroll, Juno staying to the very back of the group as she followed. As they walked, Sherry noticed that the environment became less and less flat as they went on; ahead of them laid a steady slope upwards. The slope was laden with bushes and trees, and with a sour face she realized that they were at a disadvantage. She stopped for a moment, knowing that she shouldn't walk any further in the off chance they would be disqualified for a false start. For once, the group was silent; no words passed between them as the moments passed. She reached for her lance and held it at the ready, listening to the grass from the fields blow in the wind behind them.

The silence was shattered by a crackle in the sky. Sherry looked up to see colors blossom across the horizon. The start of the battle. She gripped the shaft of her lance even harder, once again taking a swift pace as they made their way up the slope. Her eyes scanned the area in front of them, surprised to see that someone was already standing only a ways away from them. She saw the dark hair of Victor, grinding her teeth when she noticed the greatsword rested on his shoulders. Victor was in plain sight of them, only a few yards from the treeline-- then again, so were they. So why was he just out there in the open? She took a few steps toward him, her kneels bent in preparation. She tipped her head to the side, confused. He was challenging all of them here? He was grossly outnumbered.

"You've finally arrived," Victor called out, slinging the tip of his sword down into the grass.

Sherry remained still, her gaze unmoving.

"That's new," Mael stated from somewhere behind her.

It was new. She was unsure of what to do. Just exactly what was Victor planning?

Last edited:
Theodoric Branden Marlon
Mentions: everyone, fuck it​

No horses? Well, he couldn't say he was surprised, at the least. It'd guarantee something of a more even playing field, given that he wasn't sure which side had more able riders either way. What did surprise Theodoric, though, was Sherry's lack of a reaction. He'd almost been certain she'd take his suggestions poorly. Perhaps she'd actually be amenable to advice, then. This was better than he'd expected of her, really.

A bigger surprise came when they arrived on the field of battle. It seemed Maelys's information was rather outdated. Very outdated, in fact.

"So, Mael," Theodoric gave Maelys a dry look. "What was that you said earlier? Because it seems to be the opposite, really." He sighed, glancing around and attempting to consider the situation. This was an obvious trap. So obvious, it would take a complete idiot to fall for it and charge, what with the convenient cover-providing treeline but a few yards behind the boy. Doric held his arm out, gesturing for anyone in the Red Chimeras who was thinking of charging to stop.

"They're lying in wait somewhere. Advancing beyond the start point would disqualify them, so they're likely hidden in the treeline behind Victor." A pause, as Doric considered the next move. If Sherry wasn't going to make any commands, he would. Maelys, by his own admission, wasn't much of a strategist. Parthenia was clever, certainly, but if she wanted to give any orders, she would have by now. So it was down to him.

"Well. They've already taken the high ground, and charging a hidden enemy with the height advantage would be suicide in a real battle. We may as well make them come to us. Laila," Doric glanced towards the girl in question. "I'd imagine you're the one with the largest bone to pick with Victor. Are you up for it?" He asked, his tone low enough so that he was only heard among the Chimeras. "Lapis, Alex, and Leon. With myself included, we all have the capability to attack at range. Their strategy seems to be goading us to charge. If we don't answer in kind, they'll be forced to come to us. Once they start advancing, barrage them the moment they're within your range. Sherry, Mael, and Parthenia will meet their charge and slow them down long enough for our ranged attackers to bring them down. Should they need additional support, I'll cease with my magic and join them in the middle. Does anyone find this objectionable?" He finished, his gaze turning to Sherry afterwards.

"Do feel free to chime in, house leader."

Reactions: Marlowe
Parthenia Harland Ciran
Mentions: Everybody

Parthenia let out a chortle at Maelys’ grandstanding, finally dismounting as the rest of the students arrived. “I feel that’s a bit early for that, Maelys.” Although she felt prepared the moment they had left for the mock battle, she still took a moment to check over her equipment and weapon in the short time they had before the battle proper would start.

Sizing up their force again, she nodded at Sherry. “I’ll assist you and Leonid. I don’t have the constitution to hold back an army on my own.” Although she wielded a lance, her training and combat style emphasized speed. Holding a line was almost a foreign concept to her. Not hearing any immediate objections, she followed behind Sherry, resting the wooden shaft of her lance against her shoulder. As they walked, Parthenia also began to notice the upwards incline and the thickening density of trees and vegetation. She grimaced, shooting a look towards Theodoric. They were at an obvious disadvantage; it was clear that there was reason that the Green Falcons had taken some effort in arriving at the field first.

The start of the battle didn’t do any favors to her evaluation of the situation; the more the minutes grew, the worse it seemed to look. Matching Theodoric, she gave an unamused gaze towards Maelys; even she had listened to his evaluation and partially based some assumptions on them, so right now, she was less than pleased. “So Maelys, is there any other information that we should know about?”

She kept her weapon at the ready; despite her irritation, she gave Victor a casual wave and shouted out a greeting. “Hello, Victor! Strange to see your class has abandon you, huh?”

Staying back with Doric, she raised her eyebrows slightly. “You know what’s also new? You suggesting battle tactics,” she said, with a slightly surprised tone. “It feels sound to me, although I don’t envy meeting their full charge.” Still, she frowned. “Now, the question is how shall we get them out from that treeline? They’re perfectly content to sit up there until the day is over. How about we put that barrage on an accelerated timescale and batter those trees first?”

Laila Bellwood
Mentions: Everyone!

As the others decided that it would be best for her, Alex and Mael to stay on the defensive, Laila figured she'll follow along. She was glad to hear there would be no horses involved in this situation and then nodded as the group begin heading forward, following the direction Sherry was headed at. During the way there, it was quiet, and Laila felt a bit nervous.

A crackle in the sky made her slightly jump and look up. That was the signal that the battle had officially began. She then looked at Sherry, waiting to see if their house leader would begin giving any instructions, only to see that she kept going forward, towards someone who stood up ahead. Apparently it was the same guy that decided to insult her the previous day. Icktor or something. She couldn't bother remembering the name of someone who didn't care about her.

He was holding a greatsword over his shoulders, which was a pretty cocky move to do. Even if those were training weapons, it felt like nothing but showing off. Moving his sword's tip to the ground felt like a bit of an odd move, and then Mael remarked that it was new. Which probably meant bad news for them. A moment passed and Theodoric began formulating a plan, and suggesting that she has the biggest bone to pick with this guy. After he finished speaking, before Parthenia also remarked that they should hasten their plans.

"Do I have any bones to pick with him? I don't think so. Why bother even thinking about someone who can think so little of someone else? Clearly he's the far away from being a noble, after all." Laila spoke up, moving towards the front of the group while holding her battleaxe in both hands, in front of her chest. She knew it was such an obvious tease, but if this guy got riled up as easily as yesterday, then his recklessness would be to her advantage.

Alexander Zephaniah Ravaleth
The Verdant Crest
Interaction(s): @Nim @Astoria

Alex remained at the ready as he followed the others, nodding along slowly. He'd have spoken up, commentary flooding his mind, though he contained himself for fear of throwing anyone off. Besides, he would be lying if he said he wasn't a bit unsure of what to expect. It was best to remain cautious, so long as he didn't lose his head. Still, as the start of the battle was signaled, he took note of their surroundings. It was a good thing Maelys hadn't chosen to rush out recklessly, though it seemed he was keen on getting Alex's name wrong. Perhaps he was indeed just another dumb meathead, or more likely, maybe exercise nut just didn't like Alex. That was the only logical conclusion Alex could come to since he seemed to remember everyone else's names without issue.

Still, as they came upon Victor and everyone noted the likelihood of an ambush he took a moment to scan the area. He listened to Theodoric and then Parthenia, the former of whom presented an interesting idea. "I'm not so sure about that change," he said to the Parthenis. Her alteration to Doric's plan would see them taking a more active approach to the situation, offering the chance to scare one or two of the enemy into the open, but the wrong type of magic or a misplaced attack could lead to a fire that would likely further their already clear disadvantage.

However, as he contemplated the options, he couldn't help but laugh a little at Laila's comment toward Victor. "That's a good mindset to have Laila," he said with a small grin. "But oh man, left as bait by your allies and ridiculed by the enemy all at once. Poor Victor," Alex said hoping to add fuel to the fire. "And here I thought his bad looks would be the biggest hurdle for him to overcome. Guess we'll just have to add not being taken seriously to his long list of issues." Alex held his sword at the ready as he spoke, unsure of whether or not the man would take any of the bait laid before him. Even if he didn't, there was always the chance that somebody might be targeting them now. He wanted to remain on guard in such a case.

Leonid Hector Sylmare
mentions: most everyone i think tbh​

"I'll make sure to tell you who the ranged should target," Sherry stated, turning to him and Lapis. Leon shrugged and gave a small bow.

"As the princess wishes," he offered in a polite tone - too polite, perhaps. It bordered on mocking. "Point, and I'll shoot."

With that, they moved. Their pace lacked urgency, and though some looked around as they walked, they weren't exactly on high alert. To Leon, that still felt foreign. He was not used to the concept of a 'mock battle'; to him, a battle had always entailed a matter of life and death.

So though reason told him no harm would come his way today, the moment a bright blossom in the sky announced the start of the battle, Leon's entire stance changed. Gone was the carefree gait of a noble, replaced by sharp movements and sharper yet senses. He stuck to the back of the group - not out of cowardice, but to have cover and the element of surprise once he did have to let loose an arrow. Hopefully, it would be soon. The wait made him anxious.

A few steps later, they found the first of their enemy. The cocky noble from earlier was standing out in the open, no doubt to taunt the rest of them into their - figurative - deaths. It seemed clear enough; the forest behind him was a perfect place to set an ambush. Anytime now, they'd be pelted in all manner of magic, blade and arrow.

Doric was the first to speak up about the situation, suggesting that if they did not move, the enemy would be forced to come to them - but that was simply untrue, wasn't it? The enemy had the cover and the high ground. They had no reason to move.

Unless they were made to do so.

Parthenia seemed to be on a similar track, trying to figure out a way to get the enemy to emerge.

Meanwhile, Laila was walking up, clearly trying to lure Victor into a reckless charge. But even if it did work on him, what of the rest of his house? If it were him, he'd let the guy rush into defeat all on his own and hold his position - but if the Green Falcons had particular love for him, perhaps they'd emerge to try and save him. Stupid, but possible.

Alex joined in on the taunts, and Leon figured it'd be best to stay back and ready an arrow in case someone did show themselves - or to catch them off guard before they even had the chance to do so. He had no magic at his disposal, but he liked to think he knew where in the forest the others might hide in. The best vantage points, the best angles for them to take aim. If nothing else worked, he could just fire a blind arrow and hope to hit something - or someone - of substance.

If only he could coat his arrows with fire, the way he'd seen done in the guild.

Come to think of it...

Leon turned to Doric and Lapis, remembering they'd both mentioned fire spells in the past.

He whirled an arrow in his hand. "So in case they need a little more convincing... wanna help light a little fire under 'em?"

Of course, depending on the manner of their magic, they might be able to just hurl fire at the forest all on their own. Less precise perhaps, but definitely just as effective - no arrows needed. But come on, how often did he get a chance to shoot a fire arrow at someone? He had to at least try! Besides, it might keep the entire forest from burning down - probably.

Last edited:
LAPIS ZUVAL

Interacting with: All methinks

Mentions:

Lapis was appreciative of her classmate's attempt to ease her nerves. She thanked him for his kindness, but alas... She couldn't remember what his name was. She would have to ask later when the opportunity presented itself!

Oh, booo! No horses? Lapis had been hoping for the opportunity to learn more about the beautiful steeds! How they moved, how they responded to battle- They were obviously horses trained for war, but she wanted to figure out how to appropriately handle one! Oh well. She supposed she could figure it out another time~ For now, she was reminded that her heart was beating a bit faster than usual and her nerves were gradually catching up with her. There was an upcoming battle and she needed to stay on high alert! Her comrades required her to keep her wits intact and her mind in the present!

Sherry gave her plan, to which Lapis nodded a few times in agreement. Yes; the sturdiest defenders in the front; the most feeble away from the onslaught! She was thankful Sherry didn't want to try some sort of plan that was far too risky or far too advanced for the current class, and far more thankful that she took into account everyone's strengths and weaknesses.

"Of course." was her response to Sherry's word to await command for her target.

She followed Sherry, keeping towards the back of the group as it felt safer for someone with her skillset and fighting style. However, something peculiar occurred. The boy from earlier stood across from them, completely out in the open.

Her first action was to be wary of the trees and their rear. This was a very obvious trap, or some sort of clever strategy the Green Falcons had in mind... Or it could be that this person let his pride and foolishness get the best of him and wanted to charge them all alone, but that was just wishful thinking...

Lapis wouldn't comment or ridicule Victor, but instead be wary of what they might have in store. For all they knew, the Green Falcons were setting up some sort of barrage from a distance and here they were, all grouped up together...

Leon spoke to her, to which she smiled and nodded. "Yes, Just tell me what you need and I'll do my best."

0voL5F6.png

Mentions: @Astoria [Parthenia], @Psyker Landshark [Theodoric], @Demon Shinobi [Alexander], @Nim [Laila], @Luminosity [Sherry], @Rouge Rogue [Leonid], @Jessica2477 [Lapis]

"Hey, it could just be for show! Anybody can hold a greatsword; shucks, even I could juggle two of 'em with a blindfold!!"

Mael did not see a cause for concern with his supposedly outdated recollection of the Keryth boy, almost offended by his friends' outrage. Perhaps it was the situation as Adam said, where Victor was chosen as the diversion and scapegoat for the brunt of their offensive; a smaller role in some grander scheme for the Green Falcons to execute. His gaze drifted to the terrain of their battlefield, studying the series of hilly slopes that overlooked their retinue's position, with one directly within close proximity to their right in particular. There were plenty of bushes scattered about the environment, the stretches of foliage primarily situated around and atop of the knolls. It was not much of an open surrounding as they could have hoped, and the pair of wayward trees before them worked well in favor of concealing the Green Falcons even further.

The noble's features were masked in a faint shadow as he strolled close to the overpass of the knoll that was only a few footsteps away from them, plunging his leg into the bush with a kick. To no surprise, it was unoccupied.
"Come, friends," he stepped away to rejoin the Red Chimeras, pounding both of his fists together with a loud metallic clang. Itching for some action, he was beginning to grow antsy over the pacification of his adrenaline, biting his lower lip. "I'd very much like to live a little before I grow old!

"We haven't got all day."
His attention shifted to the smug noble that stood before them, watching Victor roll his neck and shoulders. "If that's how long you lot intend to stand around and compare your pretty little dresses," the other boy called out with a stern, hardened expression, taking a few steps towards the Red Chimeras.

"Parthenia! You're a sight for sore eyes, as always. It is quite a shame that we've not had the chance to reacquaint ourselves, but I'm sure that there will be plenty of opportunities in the coming times," Victor fashioned a facetious smile, giving Parthenia a sarcastic wink that was obviously not intended to charm. "I look forward to this year's Speaker's Election."

A puzzled expression painted across Mael's face, looking back and forth between Victor and Parthenia. What exactly was that supposed to mean? The Speaker of Mordlind was a term for life, and although it was possible for their position to face a re-election, it required the combined dissatisfaction from the other three houses. Did House Keryth intend to challenge the 39th Speaker? To say it here and now... it was very out of place.

Victor wielded his greatsword with one hand and gave the air a series of effortless swings before pointing the blunted tip towards the Red Chimeras, the curl of his lips fading into a scowl. "I expected some rubbish to come from the mouth of that commoner wench, but never another noble to stoop to that level. Ravaleth, was it...?" he took a moment to consider the name, letting out a light chuckle. "Then the rumors must be true; that you're no different than the dregs from the slums you came from. Stay your tongue, dog, or it's back to the cage for you."

Mael felt the pretentious noble's last comment set him off entirely, the anxious sweat trickling down his forehead feeding into the flames of his anger. He bumped into the shoulders of Theodoric and Alexander, pushing past them as he gritted his teeth and locked eyes with Victor.
"You shut your mouth, you babbling pig!" there was no way that he could let Victor off with such an egregious insult towards his classmates for the second time, his arm muscles flexing tightly as his fists locked together underneath the cesti.

"Pleiades? Ple-ase, I lose my intelligence from this headless exchange by the second," Victor hauled the greatsword over his shoulder once more, spitting at the ground. "Know that I could defeat the lot of you on my lonesome. Enough talk, Chimeras-- come humble yourselves!"

He couldn't believe the nerve of such an individual; it was a mock battle between the Red Chimeras and Green Falcons, but for him, it was now a personal confrontation. Mael was through with standing around and doing nothing like the others. The boy refused to sit and act as the immovable object... no, he would become the unstoppable force.
"Wait 'till I'm done with you!!" he shouted in anger, breaking rank from the Red Chimeras and dashing towards Victor with a battle cry.

Last edited:
322601fc8a731c5bf7a1e2792dd17826.png

MENTIONS: Everyone!

It seemed that her housemates were already devising battle plans. Sherry glared at Theodoric when he brought up her title, asking for her opinion. Damn it, he already said what I was going to say, she thought in frustration, her glare softening up only when Parthy spoke up next. Her advice was wise, those of their numbers who fought from a distance would have too-- crap, it was too difficult to concentrate with all of their chattering! They tossed insults at Victor and appeared to try to instigate him to attack them, though it wasn't working. Instead, the young man from the Green Falcons only called back out towards them, only causing a repeat in the cycle. Insults, insults, insults... in the midst of it all, Sherry felt sorry for Victor. Commoners had no place in the monastery; nobles paid large sums of money to attend an organization that would separate them from commonfolk. Even though she understood his plight, she believed he was taking it too far-- so much so that it boiled her own blood, even if she wasn't the one that had been insulted.

"Ignore him! We have to make sure this isn't a distra--" Sherry began, only to be interrupted by Mael breaking formation as he pelted toward Victor. She stared after him, his fit body streaking toward the swordsman. "Maelys Ernst Pleiades! What are you thinking?!"

There was no time to argue. Sherry shot after Mael, her lance at the ready to support her housemate. Unfortunately for them, Victor was ready for them as well. His faux greatsword, made of wood and blunted iron, swung forth-- and in a single sweep, knocked Mael back with the flat edge of his blade before quickly repositioning in order to strike her. Her eyes went wide as she maneuvered her lance to block the incoming blow instead. The impact of the greatsword against the top half of the lance's shaft put much strain on her wrists, but Sherry remained steadfast in his presence. His eyes glowered down at her, his lips a deep scowl as he lifted the blade again, whirling it around to attempt another attack. The blade swept close, close, closer, and Sherry leapt back at the perfect time to dodge-- yet as the blade swept past her midsection, she felt its power. If he landed a blow, it wouldn't necessarily kill her, but it would knock her out of the battle for good.
"C-charge!" she cried out in a panicked type of frustration as she braced herself for another of Victor's attacks. The blade once again met with her lance's shaft, making the wood groan in protest.
The battle had begun.

Theodoric Branden Marlon
Mentions: @Astoria @Rouge Rogue
Doric considered Parthenia and Leon's suggestions for a moment. Outright smoking them out of the trees was something he'd overlooked, to be certain. Still...was it allowed? He had the distinct feeling that the monastery wouldn't quite look upon them outright torching the battlefield too kindly. He started to think of a response, but was cut off by Victor's words and the subsequent trash pile that resulted from it.

Oh, damn it all. If Mael breaking ranks wasn't enough, Sherry joining in was the cherry on top. Victor's strength was surprising, to be certain. But...Theodoric paused, watching Mael and Sherry combat him. Two on one, they had a chance. As for the rest of the battle, he didn't have a choice now. Burning their cover was the only viable solution he could conceive in so short a time.

"No one else charge!" Theodoric whirled his arm to the side, as if to cut off anyone else who was getting ready to advance. "We hold to the plan, with an addendum. Parthenia and Leon have the right idea, anyone that can cast fire magics, we'll smoke them out of the trees. Thunder as well, lightning can strike a fire well enough." Doric nodded to Leon, starting to conjure up a fire spell and holding the flame in his hands for a moment for Leon to light his arrow with. Once he did so, Doric hurled the flames towards the treeline, up over Mael, Sherry, and Victor's heads. Hopefully, this would work.

Parthenia Harland Ciran

As the situation developed, Parthenia stuck to her conviction that they needed to attack the treeline with missiles. Anything besides smoking them out, she felt, was tantamount to suicide. Victor’s words, however, left her with many thoughts. He had certainly grown bolder with his words, and although his words were clearly not meant to put him in her good graces, she felt it still gave him some more character than his more recently arrogant behavior. Well, all except for his last words. Parthenia found herself raising her eyebrow at his suggestion.

“Is that supposed to be a threat, my dear Victor?” If he was trying to get a rise out of her, as she would soon see he would be doing for everybody else, it wasn’t going to work on her. Although it didn’t work on Parthenia, it worked on Maelys, and then even Sherry, drawing them both in to engage Victor.

Parthenia clicked her tongue. Stupid. It would be beyond ridiculous if Victor had just taunted the entirety of them into charging an obviously suicidal position. Following in Doric’s example, she held her spear arm to the side, contradicting Sherry’s panicked order to charge while using the length of the weapon to hold back any further impulsive skirmisher-to-be’s. “Hold the line! Nobody else charge!” Nodding at Doric’s words, it seemed the two of them agreed fully. “Barrage those trees now!”

Laila Bellwood
Mentions: Everyone!

Alex joining in on the attempts to make Victor angry was encouraging for her, only it seemed to have little effect. It was very possible that he was just keeping himself from lashing out due to the situation, and even went to throw yet another insult towards her. But it seemed that Maelys was not capable of the same. Laila watched with surprise as he lashed towards Victor, and soon after Sherry followed, ordering them all to charge forward. Watching the way Victor moved with the sword, she felt as though he had some training, but it was far from being perfect.

Doric was quick to tell them not to follow suit, and Laila felt that he and Parthenia had the calmer, more calculated mindset. Moving away from the front, Laila decided it would be best for her to try and have their backs, should the Falcons decided to try and attack from behind while they went and focused on attacking the treelines. It was far from being a great strategic move, but if anything, she figured that in this case, when the Falcons had some field advantage on them due to still being concealed, it was likely better to do that than simply stand idly. Keeping her battleaxe ready, her eyes kept scanning the areas around them.

"I've got your backs, in case they try and sneak attack from behind." She decided to quickly mention, just to be sure they knew her action. Communication was always key. It helped prevent numerous disaster back at they smithy, so why should it be any different now?

Alexander Zephaniah Ravaleth
The Verdant Crest
Interaction(s): You know who you are!

Alexander rolled his eyes at the comments Victor made in rebuttal to his and Laila's taunts. Nobility this, Commoner that. Seemed he truly had a one track mind. What Alex wouldn't have given to show him where he could shove that great sword. But of course, that wouldn't have been the smart choice of action. For all the trouble between himself and his father, Alex had learned a thing or two from the man. Namely, if you're going to run your mouth, make sure you didn't fall prey to similar tactics. Still, he clenched the hilt of his sword. He was annoyed. No, that was a mere understatement. He could feel his legs twitch, threatening to carry him off head first into a stand off with the man man before them.

"You shut your mouth, you babbling pig!"

What? WHAT?! Alex reached out to try and stop the brutish man before he could charge, but he was too late. Maelys was well on his way. "Dammit," he growled before Sherry followed suit. GREAT! OUR HOUSE LEADER TOO! Alex mentally screamed, his sarcasm wasted on himself. Well about as much as one could scream in their own head. He prepared to follow suit when Sherry called for them to charge, but stopped at Doric's order. "I'm not complaining about the better plan," he began as he got himself into position. "But shouldn't we have the Princess's back?" he asked a bit weary of what might happen if they weren't working together as a team properly.

Still, it seemed that nobody else was thinking about that all too much. He looked around. Ugh... Good luck princess. Best to aim where the others weren't for a more widespread battle. He still didn't like this. If the fires raged out of their control they'd be caught in a world of flames. Perhaps the good news was that heat rose. The enemy would have to abandon their hiding places. Assuming that is, if they were in fact hiding. What if this was all just a distraction. He bit his lip. Fuck it. His role was to try and help win the battle, not play strategist. He shook his head to get out of his own thoughts. "Thunder it is," He wasn't exactly used to trusting. Not lately anyway, but he guess if he was gonna make it, he may as well start trying now.

Alex summoned all the confidence he had, breathing a bit. "We're counting on you Laila," he said as he held up up his left arm, palm outstretched toward his target. It took him but a moment to cast the spell. Sure, maybe it wasn't the most incredible powerful of magics, but it was strong enough for a mock battle, and well more than enough to start a fire, maybe even shock an adversary or two if they weren't quick enough. He had to make sure wherever he aimed wouldn't conflict with the magic of his allies.

Leonid Hector Sylmare
mentions: uhh most ppl again kinda??​

At first, the plan - if it could be called such - to provoke Victor seemed to work surprisingly well. The noble certainly acknowledged the taunts flung his way, matching them with a barrage of insults of his own. A back and forth ensued. But at the end of it, it wasn't Victor who got baited into a reckless assault.

Before anyone could move to stop him, one Maelys Pleiades had already dashed towards Victor and whatever lay await in the treeline. Sherry followed him with equal amounts of reckless abandon - and just like that, the battle was on. So much for her pointing at who to shoot, huh.

Sighing, Leon turned to Doric just in time to catch him barking orders. Smart ones, he noted, nodding as a sign of acknowledgment and approval. He lit his arrow in the flames Doric conjured, watching as the man launched flames high into the treeline. Somewhere on his right, he saw Alex preparing a thunder spell.

The mages could wreck havoc on a much larger scale than he could - but he had precision on his side. He took a moment to look over what he saw of the forest. If he was one of the Falcons, where would he hide?

There, he decided, aiming an arrow a little past Victor, further up the hill. Behind that tree, among those bushes, someone would have a proper view of Victor and those he fought.

Would a dulled arrow coated in fire hurt? Guess he would find out soon.

Leon let go, watching the arrow whiz forth.

He pulled out another one right after, seeing if Doric could light it up too. This time, he had a different target in mind. There was a certain shit-talking noble that could use an extra hole in his face.

Preferably before he knocked out their house leader.

LAPIS ZUVAL

Interacting with:

Mentions:

So... The House Leader didn't actually have a plan for this, did she? Commanding everyone to charge, Unfortunately, Lapis could do no such thing. Aside from that, wouldn't it be very dangerous to be swinging swords and lances so close together? Wouldn't they hurt each other more than they would their opponent?

She didn't think she'd have to go against the House Leader's orders so soon into their Academic year, but that seemed to be the case.

With Sherry and Doric pushed away by Victor, Lapis only had the one option. She would have to attack with her magic or risk being completely overpowered by Victor's sword. Lapis did not have the training that Victor had surely received; challenging him in her current state would be suicide.

Lapis silently begged every God, moon, and star out there that this would not hit her teammate. However, her Fortune-teller's intuition was telling her that she would no doubt hit and damage one of her classmates.

Better to do something than nothing at all...

Lapis readied her hand, feeling the magic of the wind just at her fingertips. She took aim, waited for an opening, then launched a wave of wind magic at Victor.

Sherry had gotten a bit close, and the magic whipped past her just close enough that it cut a small piece of the House Leader's bangs off. Her fortune-teller intuition was wrong, again, but she was thankful she did not physically injure her teammate. Lapis would absolutely apologize for her incompetence later, but for now, she needed to see if her magic would hit.

HzIEOPr.png

Mentions: @Psyker Landshark [Theodoric], @Astoria [Parthenia], @Rouge Rogue [Leonid], @Luminosity [Sherry], @Demon Shinobi [Alexander], @Jessica2477 [Lapis], @Nim [Laila]
Maelys was aware that he had taken an obvious bait from one Victor Keryth, and concurrently, exposed himself to danger through a reckless charge into the heart of the Green Falcons' possible scheme. Yet, as careless as his action was, there was no victory for the Red Chimeras if all they did was stare at one another for the afternoon; he was through with looking at the other noble's smug, arrogant expression. The boy intended to wipe that grin from Victor's face in open combat, something that he was quite proficient in. After all, what was the point of training if his fists weren't cracking skulls?

His feet stepped with the wind as Mael closed the distance between the Victor and the Red Chimeras with incredible speed, pulling his left arm back and preparing to strike the enemy. Though, his focus suffered a timely disruption as the familiar screech of a certain undesirable individual turn his head in its direction for the tenth of a second. As much as the sound of Sherry's voice made him want to punch his opponent even more, the brief moment had been enough for Victor to deal the first blow. He felt the sheer power of the faux greatsword crash against the right of his forehead, sending the noble tumbling backwards to the ground as he lost his bearings.

It took a breathing episode for Mael's crossed eyes to refocus, his senses slowly returning one by one. Fresh blood coated his hand when the noble felt the area of the greatsword's impact; despite its dulled blade, the fact that such brute force followed the weapon meant that it was still capable of inflicting lacerations that tore skin. With a sharp headache and pained groan, he was slow to come back onto his feet, steeling himself through the injury and facing Victor with gritted teeth. "Lucky you." If it wasn't for her... At the very least, his advance had served as an impromptu distraction for his own comrades to commence their plan, watching as flames flew towards their direction.

"Luck?" Victor croaked in his trademark mocking manner, hopping one step back from Sherry as he prepared something. "Watch and learn, Chimeras!"

While Victor was still a little slower on the uptake with his reaction, it was still enough to work into his favor with diminishing returns. With a close sidestep of the Ravaleth boy's meager Thunder spell that shot down against the earth with a voluminous roar, he began to cast his own Fire spell, though it was different than the usual conjuration. Instead of drawing from the confines of his own arcane energy, Victor struck his hand out towards Theodoric's fireball, stealing a majority of its potency and swelling it within his palm. He wheeled around, facing the Red Chimeras before hurling the spell towards them, the greater flames consuming the blue-haired girl's Wind spell in its path at its expense.

"O-o-oow-oww-owww!!"

Victor rolled his eyes, realizing that the flaming arrow, along with the remaining strength of Theodoric's spell, had still been enough to set the trees aflame on impact. He gave a sigh of great annoyance as
Marcus Sauthier Kirlou came tumbling down from the burning branches directly behind him with a yelp, watching the redhead clumsily keep a hold on his bow while patting the smaller embers on his uniform. "Everyone told you two that it was going to be obvious, you idiots! Why did you go up there anyway?"

"I-"
Marcus' response was cut abruptly as another fiery arrow whizzed past Victor's head and struck him right in the thigh, also beginning to burn away at his pants. "Oww!! Damn it, where are you guys?!" he squealed in a pouty manner, looking as if he was about to burst into tears. "Lucien!! C'mon!!"

A finely dressed boy with ruffled blond hair and inquisitive purple eyes emerged from the burning trees, calm and collected in comparison to Marcus as he plopped beside the red-haired noble with a dramatic entrance. He rose with a finger held in front of his lips to shush his fellow Green Falcon, the tips of his gloves gleaming with bright blue energy as he stared at the Red Chimeras. "It's getting... too hot," the boy suddenly extended his right arm outward, causing the vicinity of Red Chimeras to grow unnaturally cold before large spikes of ice began to sprout from underneath of Theodoric and Parthenia's feet.

Marcus managed to stop his clothing from burning any further, looking at the other boy with glee when he saw the Blizzard spell. "Let's get 'em, Lucien!" he shouted, lifting his shortbow to nock an arrow and firing it towards Leon, the person who had struck him.

With two of his Green Falcons joining the fray, Victor hauled the greatsword in both hands, dashing towards Sherry and swinging the mighty weapon in a downward attack towards her shoulder.

Last edited:
waifu4.png

MENTIONS: All of y'all

Doric's cry sent Sherry into a sort of dulled fury. Not only did he refuse to do as she asked, but he told the rest of their housemates to not follow her orders. Despite her momentary distraction, she saw that Maelys' initial charge was less than satisfactory. The boy had been knocked back after being dealt quite the vicious blow, blood splurting from the side of his head. Gritting her teeth, she shoved Victor away from her, only to see that the nearby treeline had burst into flame. A flurry of spells had come from behind her, with Sherry feeling a portion of a Wind spell fly by her face. She was in the thick of the battle, right by perhaps the strongest of the enemy's numbers. Two more of the Green Falcons sprang out from the brush, already attacking her housemates behind her.

Snarling in anger and frustration, she turned back to Victor, and right on time at that. The boy was already upon her, aiming for a blow on her shoulder. Luckily, she was able to dodge the attack and slam the dulled tip of her lance into his side. If it had been sharp, it would have been a vicious strike, albeit the wound that would have been left behind would probably be shallow. Victor grunted in response and whirled around to slam the flat end of his greatsword against her back. The attack sent her reeling and knocked out all of the air in her lungs. Letting out a whimpering cough, she fought to stay on her feet, and was about to turn on her heel to meet the other in combat once again--

When another attack jabbed her side. Sherry coughed again, this time bringing herself to turn and face whoever had attacked her. She caught sight of short, black hair and an unimpressed face. Francette. Where had she come from? The girl lifted up her sword again, attempting to slam it down on her prominent shoulder. The red-haired girl threw herself out of the way, almost dropping her lance in the meanwhile, only to nearly run into the swing of Victor's greatsword. Sherry cursed under her breath, bounding back a few steps. Her back faced the treeline as the two pressed upon her, their weapons at the ready as their eyes glared at her. She was trapped. And in a rather unfavorable position, at that. Damn it, couldn't they have gone after Maelys instead of her? Or was she too big of a target?

Her mind raced to formulate a plan, but her train of thought was shattered when Francette charged her. Sherry braced herself, raising her lance and knocking aside the incoming attack. Victor had spotted an opening and went for it, this time striking the same place that Francette had struck and knocking her off her feet. This time, Sherry couldn't regain her breath, coughing and wheezing as pain razed across the entirety of her left side. She pushed herself back up and assumed a defensive stance, her glare only intensifying. She had to remain standing, no matter what.

Last edited:
Theodoric Branden Marlon
Mentions: yes
Theodoric bit back a curse as Victor revealed that he'd also been studying enough magic to siphon his own spell and turn it back. Utterly ridiculous. How much training had Victor been undergoing since the last time they'd met?! Something resembling grudging respect for the boy welled up in Doric before he quashed it, his senses screaming at him as ice erupted under his feet. A swing of his training sword shattered the initial wave, and he dove out of the way before any more ice could assail him.

As he pulled himself up to his feet, Doric took a chance and spared a moment to see how the overall battlefield was faring. Two Green Falcons had been forced out of the treeline. Not as many as he'd hoped for, but it would have to do. Adding on the fact that Francette had made her appearance and was pressuring Sherry, that made for four Falcons total out of seven. So that was Francette's strategy. Stagger their approaches and ambush in waves. Well, he could turn that back on her.

"They're ambushing us piecemeal. Anyone with ranged capabilities, focus fire on one at a time! We'll hold the advantage if we knock them out before each of their ambushes can take us too off guard. Kirlou--the redhead first, he's already injured! Anyone without ranged attacks or is more comfortable in melee, protect those who can attack from a distance, let them come to you!" Theodoric barked, his gaze hardening as he saw Victor and Francette double-teaming Sherry off to the side. "Parthenia, any further target prioritziation is up to you, I'm going to go help Sherry and Maelys! Remember, there's seven Falcons in total, there's still three more we've not seen yet."

And with that, Doric made a dead sprint towards Sherry. In the moments before he reached her, he'd decided on his target. He'd only be able to keep one occupied, so it would have to be Victor. He seemed to be the stronger of the duo. Theodoric was still fresh himself, so he'd last longer in time for Maelys to recover and turn this into a three-on-two.

With that in mind, Doric leapt past Sherry, gripping his blunted bastard sword with both hands as he lunged at Victor, starting to engage him with a series of swift strikes to keep him on the defensive. "Sherry, are you alright?" He called out behind him with obvious concern as he struck, not daring to take his eyes off his opponent. "Just hold out until Maelys recovers!" Doric gritted his teeth as he continued to attempt to drive Victor back, a horizontal slash transitioning into a diagonal uppercut.

Last edited:
Parthenia Harland Ciran

Parthenia remained completely unamused, despite her usual desire to make a quip at Victor’s expense. He had, after all, fooled everybody, including her. It seemed like he was not an arrogant dunce as he had been in childhood, but now arrogantly competent, enough to pick up magic. Before her. Just like Dory, but better. She didn’t have to time to continue her self-pity, however.

She recognized the saturating coldness of an ice spell directed at her and Doric. The sensation didn’t take more than a second for her to register before she lunged for the nearest patch of safe grass. Although she prided herself on her speed in battle, she was embarrassed at her ungraceful recovery, on account of trying not to impale herself with her own spear when throwing herself out of harms way.

Seeing no immediate threat thereafter, she took the moment to brush the dirt and grass off her body, as well as to gauge the battle. It seemed like their earlier strategy had worked and flushed a couple Falcons from the trees, one of them on fire, to boot. What was more concerning to her was Sherry cornered off and in a two on one, although Doric was off in a dead sprint not a moment after he began barking orders.

Sound orders, at least, unlike Sherry’s. It was better to take out the threat of the Green Falcons with ranged attacks first. With Kirlou injured and with Lucien being the only other student at the moment to support him, Parthenia felt that taking them both out now before the rest of the Green Falcons had a chance to back them up was their best course of action.

She gestured towards the blonde-haired apprentice and then the Ravaleth bastard. Not the most ideal fighting partners since she’d never sparred with them, but they would do. “Laila, Alexander, with me. I intend to take the fight to the treehuggers.” If they were lucky, it would be an easy three on one if Marcus could be knocked out immediately. With that, she made a dash towards Marcus, charging straight at him.

“Kirlou, was it? Whining is ill befitting of a nobleman on the battlefield,” she admonished, once she’d closed the distance. She continued her greeting by changing her grip on her lance, sweeping out with the weapon to knock the singed student onto his feet and take him out of the fight with a good clubbing with the blunt end of her training lance.

Leonid Hector Sylmare
mentions: actually everyone​

Things got messy real quick.

In the matter of seconds the edge of the forest was ablaze, they found out that Victor had a knack for magic, and Leon found himself jumping away from a fireball that nearly scorched his ass. Two Falcons had emerged, and one of them had blasted Doric and Parthenia with even more magic - of the ice variety, this time.

Oh, but Leon had set some dude's pants on fire. That kind of made everything worth it. The poor bastard was wailing like a baby, and Leon did the bare minimum to hide his amusement.

Which was probably why he got shot at soon after.

In the middle of laughter and caught off guard, Leon's eyes widened at the familiar sight of an archer's stance. He yanked himself to the side as fast as he could, but the sting in his cheek told him he hadn't escaped unscathed. A moment later, he felt it; a familiar warmth, trickling down his face.

He straightened, cocking his head. "Lucky shot, Kindlekecks," he taunted, licking at the blood that now traced his mouth. "Won't happen again, though."

Theodoric advised those with range to focus-fire the enemy before charging in himself. This time however, Leon could not agree with his plan. Fun as it would've been to ruin another prissy noble's day (and clothes), the amount of people now fighting within close proximity had increased dangerously - and would likely continue to do so. He fancied himself a good shot, sure, but even if he could predict where his arrows flew, he could not predict where his teammates were about to move. He'd already seen Lapis's magic miss Sherry by a hair's breadth, too.

Literally.

Besides, those four weren't their only enemies.

Leon glanced towards the woods. Three more. There were three more Green Falcons hiding somewhere in there. Ready to ambush at a moment's notice, no doubt.

Unless they were ambushed first.

"Sorry big guy, I got other plans," he muttered, mostly to himself - Theodoric was far gone, after all. Parthenia was getting ready to follow suit, asking Alexander and Laila to do the same. Perfect. That left him with free reign, and a little accomplice of his own.

"Somethin' tells me you ain't going with them," Leon mused to Lapis as he turned to face her. He couldn't tell exactly when he'd dropped the noble act. Probably somewhere between being blasted with fire and tasting his own blood. "Here's the deal; there's three more of 'em hiding somewhere in the woods, and two of us with idle hands. So, do ya wanna try and aim your spells into that mess," he jabbed a thumb back towards the fight.

"Or..." The grin that spread across his face was more befitting the assassins that operated in Sylmare's lands than the proud heir of the house itself. "Wanna go huntin'?"

He didn't really wait for an answer.

His head held low, Leon circled around the fight, entering the forest from further along the hill so as to not be spotted. Considering how heated the fight was becoming, he assumed - hoped - that the remaining Falcons were more focused on the clashing swords and roaring magic than the tranquil brush around them.

As he sneaked through the forest, Leon slowly pulled out his training sword. If he were to spot someone, he knew just what to do. Approach from behind. Draw your weapon. Don't make a sound. Don't let them make a sound - ever again.

But, you know, less grim and fatal. This was a dulled blade he held, after all, and he fully expected the Falcons to make all kinds of sounds when he jabbed them with it. Unless he jabbed them in the throat? Hmm.

Yeah, he'd jab them in the throat.