Fire Emblem: Crestfallen | IC

Theodoric Branden Marlon
Mentions: Sherry (@Luminosity )
At Sherry's response, Doric could only give a sigh. It was more or less what he'd already been thinking, but hearing it spelled out verbally made it seem that much more real to him.

"You're probably right. Though the idea of just letting this go on when we could do something about it doesn't sit right with me." He sat on a nearby bench, shaking his head. "Let's make an agreement, then: if this gets worse, we'll get the healers on her case, yes? As much as I'd rather not anger the Professor, I'd rather not see her crippled even more."

A pause, as he thought to himself for a moment. After several seconds of deliberation, he spoke again.

"We should probably get the rest of the class in on this as well. I'm sure more than a few have noticed the limp, despite the mood everyone's been in since the battle. How do you feel about that?"

waifu4.png

MENTIONS: Everyone
"I agree," Sherry nodded along with Doric's suggestion, turning away from him as she motioned for him to follow. "But for now, we should get to the mess hall. It's about time for dinner, isn't it?"

And time for dinner it was. By the time the two of them reached the mess hall, other students were already amassing in preparation for the feast. In all of her time as a princess of Galbia, she hasn't seen so many types of food at once. Fish, beef, pork, chicken, turkey, salads, soups, cakes and pastries... cooked in all ways and in all types of dishes. Even though she had just eaten the caramel apple on a stick, her stomach rumbled hungrily. She could even see their professors, Talbot and Juno, filtering about and eating with other staff members. The mess hall was a whole gathering of various types of people, not just students, and Sherry wondered whether or not she would ever see it this full again.

"We should go and sit with the rest of the Chimeras. They should be waiting for us," Sherry told Doric as she walked over to where she saw the rest of the Chimeras sat. She had heard of a new transfer... would they be around here, or would they still be getting ready for their next classes?

Ellie Larest
Interactions: @Luminosity @Psyker Landshark

Alas... No one so far, the poor encumbered student was growing weary, and needed a place to relax. Somewhere to put down this giant prize. He headed to the cafeteria, knowing there had to be some seating in the massive room. He wandered inside, but not before noticing the red-haired girl from the Red Chimeras sitting next to a tall fellow with blonde hair with far too much of an air of severity. Another of his future classmates. It looked like there might not be a better time to introduce himself then...

He reluctantly approached the table, and flopped down the massive fish plush before sitting down next to them and putting on a wide, and sunny smile. (It was rehearsed of course.) "Hi there. I'm Ellie. I've been informed I'm joining the Red Chimeras soon." He pulled back and looked around the room a bit more. "Is everyone else going to be here soon?"

Still straining his neck around, to see if anyone else from the Red Chimeras was nearby. Eventually he looked back at the two of them and realized that they hardly seemed too focused on the festival at hand. Perhaps he introduced himself at a bad time. "Oh, I'm sorry, you two look like you're discussing something important. If you'd like, I can go. I would be just as at home in the library for now."

Alexander Zephaniah Ravaleth
Currently Location: From Wandering the Festival to the Mess Hall
Interactions: Laila (@Nim ), Sherry (@Luminosity ), and Ellie (@Reanimator Spuds )
Mentions: Theodoric (@Psyker Landshark ) and kind of the others

Spending a little bit of time with Laila was a welcomed affair for Alex. Maybe he had been distancing himself form the others a little bit too much. Still, while he couldn't really bring himself to fully enjoy the festivities, it was nice to have someone to talk to all the same. Lazuli, his newfound pet and companion had seemed to enjoy some of the berries he'd picked from the portion of crepe he'd been offered as well. It'd also made a perfect time to introduce the two as it were.

"Laila, meet Lazuli. Lazuli, Laila," he jokingly motioned from one to the other and back as the strikingly blue lizard nommed on the newest piece of strawberry that Alex had offered.

Things moved smoothly from there. He'd told Laila about what he was doing throughout the day, showing her a few of the sketches. Maybe it was how tough she'd proven to be, but he hadn't expected her to show much interest in his sketches when he opted to show her some of the warm ups he'd penned while surveying the crowd. He was even pleasantly surprised to hear a bit about her wood carvings. "Maybe one day you can show me some of your carvings. I'd love to maybe even learn a little more about the craft," he said, smiling softly as he reached up to his shoulder, gently running his finger under Lazuli's chin.

Things seemed so peaceful that it was almost easy to forget that they'd been engaged in a life or death battle not too long ago. But that didn't stop the thought from rearing its ugly head every so often. Alex couldn't help feel like something was coming. Maybe it was paranoia. Maybe the other emotions and negativity rising up. Hell, maybe it was as simple as a touch of hunger weakening his defenses. Sure. That was totally it. Fortunately, dinner was fast approaching and he and Laila were just entering the mess hall. His eyes widened slightly at the sight of so many. If he hadn't known better, he'd have sworn that something was afoot. His mouth watered a bit at the sight of all the different foods. The crepe had been good, but this was on another level. It seemed some of the others were gathers, at least Sherry and Doric and... someone else?

"Oh look, our House leader is here," he said, slipping his hands into his pockets as he approached the table alone side Laila. "And Sherry, you're here too," he jabbed at the red head, a small smirk making its way onto his face as he chuckled lightly. "You guys enjoying the festival?" He asked, this question a bit more sincere as his eyes shifted from Theodoric to Sherry and then to the new person. Perhaps teasing his house leader wasn't the best way to make a good first impression. Of course, given everything that'd happened, it wasn't like making a first impression was really much of a big deal for him anymore.

Well... He could at least introduce himself, right? Whether the person knew him, liked him, disliked him, heard about the little issue he'd caused... Alex shook his head, slipping his right hand from his pocket and holding it out to shake. "Hi, I'm Alex," he said simply. "Hope the Vermillion Vagrant here isn't causing you much trouble," he added, another little poke at Sherry. He really just couldn't help himself when it came to teasing her, could he?

Theodoric Branden Marlon
Mentions: Sherry (@Luminosity ), Ellie (@Reanimator Spuds), Alex (@Demon Shinobi )
Theodoric followed Sherry towards the dining hall, his thoughts still briefly occupied with concern for Professor Juno. He was shaken out of those thoughts, however, by the smell of the feast that was laid before them. Even for a duke's son, the amount and spread of dishes before them was, to be frank, incredible. The grand hall back home never had this much food laid out, outside of the time when the Marlon family had hosted the Speaker years ago.

As they sat with the remainder of the Red Chimeras, Doric quirked a brow upon seeing a new addition with a...colorful plush. Ellie, hm? Interesting for such a late arrival to be placed now. Orianna was one thing, considering she'd been only a week or so late. But now? Interesting...

"Theodoric of House Marlon." Doric inclined his head towards the newcomer, giving them a slight smile. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Ellie. Don't be concerned, that discussion's over. There's no need for you to leave, considering you're one of us now."

Alex's interjection caused Doric's smile to fracture slightly as he suppressed a snicker, but he managed to recover and compose himself, hopefully before anyone noticed.

"A good joke. Really, though, repeat that often enough, and Sherry will blame me for it." He chuckled slightly. To be honest, needling Sherry was always amusing, and he couldn't exactly fault Alex for it. He just wished he did it at a better time than when someone new was introducing themselves. The last thing they all needed was for Sherry to give off another bad impression.

HzIEOPr.png

Mentions: @Jessica2477 [Lapis]
Maelys listened to the blue-haired girl's response intently, visibly deflating when Lapis stated that she remembered his mishap with magic. Someday, she'll forget... they all will! I'm certain! He maintained a smile through the mild embarrassment of the recollection, taking a moment to ponder. The noble had also seen his fair share of library halls for a time, but it'd all been mandatory as opposed to voluntarily cramming hundreds of books into his brain. For him, if the book or literature wasn't a creative piece, then it often went into one ear and right out of the other; he just didn't have the attention span for something that he considered 'boring'. Of course, this meant that he was struggling academically, but perhaps he could seek her out for assistance on the matter at some point.

"Jealous?" his brow curled with surprise as Maelys scratched the side of his head. He felt quite flattered by the sentiment; admittedly, he'd never been complimented like such before, but it brought a wide grin to his face. It may have driven him a little too far over when he assumed his fighting stance, letting out a short cheer as the boy made enough space to imitate a flashkick. "Woo-woaah!" he managed to show off the technique perfectly until the end of the backflip, almost botching the landing as he stumbled a bit while coming back onto his feet.

"Shucks, I still got a lotta training to do," Maelys simply shrugged in humility before he went to answer Lapis' question. "People like Professor Juno and my grandfather call it brawling," he named the official terminology of the martial art, assuming his position once more. "Where your body is the weapon, instead of somethin' like a sword or lance. Since I'm left-handed, I lead with my right fist and leg in somethin' they call a southpaw stance..."

Maelys would return to a neutral state, bringing his arms back to his sides. "My grandfather doesn't approve, though, since our bloodline's exclusively produced masters of magic every generation 'till now. But really, I've always just preferred 'brawling' over everything else 'cause it feels good to put my body to work, so that's what I'm sticking to," he explained. "Apparently, on top of everything she's good at, the professor's especially good at brawling, so I look forward to learning some new techniques to add to my repertoire..."

His answer was interrupted from the familiar sound of the cathedral bells sounding off in the distance, which served as a calling card for students to make way for the dining hall. To Maelys, though, it served as a reminder of the grievous rumbling that emanated from his empty stomach. "Oh, shucks, it's dinnertime already," he looked between Lapis and the direction of the cafeteria, tapping the blue-haired girl on the shoulder. "And I just happen to be runnin' on empty! Think the others'll be around there, too. Want to come with?"

Lapis Zuval
Mentions:
Interacting:
Maelys | @Solace (Brief)
Alex | @Demon Shinobi
Ellie | @Reanimator Spuds

In truth, she hadn't expected to see Maelys assume fighting stance and show off his ability to do a backflip. Lapis had not seen many backflips in person, so he could at least take the position of being one of the best to do so.

As he spoke, she listened intently to his words. She'd heard of brawling and read a little bit about it, but it took to arriving at the monastery to see it in person. It was an interesting technique, with its reliance on speed and brute strength, but it wasn't a style she could see herself using. Her entire childhood revolved around a library, so her strength wasn't exactly the best. If Juno told her to train her brawling technique she would, of course, but Lapis only hoped her Professor didn't expect quick results.

Maybe Maelys would be able to help her if that became the case.

And then, her favorite part of any conversation happened. She got to learn a little more of Maelys's past, and a little more about the stance he used.

A long line of masters of magic, with Maelys being the first to deviate from the tradition. She could understand why Maelys's grandfather didn't approve, but Maelys's decision was his own as was his happiness. Perhaps one day his grandfather would come to terms with it, and hopefully one day she could see more of the noble's southpaw technique in action.

Unfortunately, just as she was about to learn more about him, the bells chimed to alert them it was time to enter the dining hall. Lapis was hungry, and after so many days of her not having an appetite or being neglectful unless she really had to eat, she was looking forward to spending meal time with the Chimeras.

At his question, she smiled."Of course~"

~~~~

Upon arrival, the delicious aroma was the first thing that caught her attention, drawing her eyes to the feast itself. In all her years of living, Lapis had never seen so much food gathered in one place. Her stomach growled a little louder, hoping to try a bit of everything on the table. But where would she even start?

Alex, Laila, Theodoric, Sherry, and two new individuals who Lapis had not seen in the monastery before. One in particular caught her eye. A striking blue beauty, resembling something she had only seen in illustrations from her books. Captivating, lovely, and so beautiful that Lapis almost lost herself in the moment.

She approached Alex from his side, eyes on the Lazuli.

"A magnificent creature~ It's so beautiful!" Lapis gushed at the sight of it, a big smile on her face. Though before she could ask more questions, she looked at the her classmates realizing what she had done.

"M-My apologies; I interrupted a conversation..." She bowed apologetically, her eyes seeing Ellie when she stood back up. She had not seen this young woman around the monastery before. Looking at her face, this girl was rather young too. She wore the school's uniform though... A prodigy? That would be remarkable~ "Oh, you must be a new student. I am Lapis Zuval, a pleasure to make your acquaintance." She introduced herself to Ellie.

Laila Bellwood
Mentions: Everyone in the Dining hall/FONT]

Spending time with Alex was certainly nice. Meeting his little lizard friend Lazuli was also a pleasant surprise. As they kept talking about the different things, such as his sketching and her carvings, Laila could almost let go of the feelings that haunted her before. After a while, the evening started coming, and they headed to the mess hall. As they entered, Laila looked around at all the food, before spotting Sherry, Doric and someone she didn't know. As Alex and her approached them, Alex started joking about Sherry. Laila couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the jokes.

Alex introduced himself, but before Laila could do the same, she watched as Mael and Lapis both arrived in the mess hall. Lapis was quick to approach Alex, seemingly enchanted at the sight of Lazuli, before apologizing and introducing herself. Seeing a chance, she turned to look at the girl she didn't know "Hey, I'm Laila. Nice to meet you!" She said, before turning to look at Alex.

Without any warning, Laila's elbow would hit Alex's body "Oopsie. I guess my arm slipped there." She said, before glancing towards Sherry and winking. Moving her elbow away, she looked at everyone else "So, why are we all standing around here? We could be talking about things while eating too. Unless no one here is really hungry. Or at least, no one aside for me." Laila said as she looked around, wondering if no one else was going to suggest that they sit down.

Parthenia Harland Ciran
Mentions: @Reanimator Spuds et al

By the time Parthenia was fully satisfied with sitting on the bench, enjoying the atmosphere, and watching people, it was already late in the evening. The little bag of tea cakes that had been her snack was long gone, and the festival itself was thinning out. Deciding to head back to the monastery proper for dinner at the mess hall, she was slightly surprised she hadn’t run into any of her classmates during the festivities.

When she got there, she was rather surprised to see many of her fellow peers crowded around an unfamiliar face. Considering that she made it her business to at least put a name to every face in this mess hall, this person definitely wasn’t at the monastery before, nor a member of a significant house, which meant they were likely a commoner or low noble… or somebody else? As they were wearing the proper uniform for a Red Chimera, it meant this new person was a late arrival. A very late arrival of an unknown person, which was very strange indeed.

She quickly shook off her hermit-like fugue, and immediately approached the blonde-haired student. Thankfully, she made it there just in time to catch the new student’s name. What a cute girl and name! Making a nod of acknowledgement to her peers, she introduced herself to her. “Parthenia of House Ciran. It’s a pleasure.” She suddenly drew closer, giving off an aura of friendliness that was maybe a bit much. Keeping the same tempo and with a broad smile, she continued on.

“Now, what’s your secret?”

waifu4.png

MENTIONS: @Psyker Landshark [Doric], @Demon Shinobi [Alex], @Nim [Laila], @Jessica [Lapis], @Reanimator Spuds [Ellie], @Astoria [Parthenia], @Solace [Maelys]
Huh, they were actually having someone new join the Red Chimeras? She tipped her head at the new arrival, blinking in slight confusion at him. He certainly seemed... awkward? Shy? She didn't know. At least their House was gaining more numbers. They would surely surpass the Green Falcons with time. "It's fine. We all have to eat dinner, anyways. It would be smart to remain here and prevent being yelled at by the faculty," she told Ellie as she offered her a strained smile.
Her smile only became more tense as she watched Alex approach. Of course, he had to be a smart-mouth. His words actually stung her, and she wanted to be angry with him, but that only made memories of that day come about in her mind once again. She didn't want to remember the battle, especially when it proved that Doric was being a much better leader than she was. Slowly but surely, the rest of the Red Chimeras approached, all introducing themselves and peering at Ellie as if she had she had two heads or an extra foot.
"And I'm Sherry Millefiore Grimdall, the actual House Leader of the Red Chimeras. Don't mind the banter, you'll soon get used to it," Sherry grumbled between grit teeth as she glared over at Alex and Doric. Then, suddenly, she clapped her hands together and began to lead them to their side of the mess hall. "Now, then, let's fill our bellies."
Sherry decided to sit in the middle of the table, with Maelys and Alex both to her left and right respectively. As she began to tuck into her food, she watched as Maelys devoured whatever landed on his plate. The sight of him eating made her stomach turn. She glanced away, first looking at Alex, then at Parthenia and finally, back at Ellie. "How has your time at the monastery been so far?" she asked her in an attempt to distract herself from Mael's slobbish eating tendencies.

Theodoric Branden Marlon
Mentions: sitting next to Lapis [ @Jessica ] and Laila [ @Nim ]
"By all means, we should sit before the other tables start giving us the evil eye for holding up the dinner service." Theodoric responded easily to Laila, blatantly choosing to ignore Sherry's glare at both him and Alex as he moved to take a seat.

Despite the borderline-obscene spread of food at the table, Doric chose to start with his favorites first. Helpings of both smoked trout and roast capon filled his plate as he took a few bites, sharing a look with Sherry at Maelys's...unfortunate eating habits. By god, he'd thought Maelys had said he'd been undergoing training to take up the mantle of heir of House Pleiades. Had table manners not been on that curriculum? Oh, well. At the end of the day, it wasn't as bothersome as Sherry was making it out to be. So Doric chose not to comment, instead raising a forkful of fish up to his mouth and taking another bite.

He'd found himself sitting next to Lapis and Laila at his sides, which, considering the dispositions of some of his other house mates, weren't the worst to sit next to. Maelys was inhaling food like it was the last meal he'd ever eat, it was always a coin toss as to whether Parthenia would be scheming to do something to amuse herself during a meal or if she was too busy taking advantage of a free meal given to her, and dealing with Sherry at any time should quite honestly speak for itself.

More to the point, it would do to start moving people along in the direction he and Sherry had mentioned previously. As he finished his first plate of food, Theodoric glanced aside to both girls he was sitting next to.

"So, I don't suppose either of you have noticed Professor Juno's...condition since the battle?" He inquired carefully and quietly, making sure that no one was passing by the table to eavesdrop and that his voice wouldn't carry past the Red Chimeras' table at best. "I'm concerned that her injury was worse than she let on. If anything, her limp's gotten worse in the days since."

Currently Location: Mess Hall
Interactions: Lapis (@Jessica ), Laila (@Nim ), Sherry (@Luminosity )
Mentions: Most of the Chimeras

Alex's ears perked up as he heard Lapis's voice. The little lizard sitting on his shoulder had drawn in a little attention. He couldn't help grinning a little bit. "Isn't he?" he asked cheerfully, turning his attention away from Sherry, Doric, and their new housemate. "He's a Horned Cerulean Skink. Honestly, I was pretty surprised he warmed up to me so quickly." He reached up to gently stroke his finger along the underside of the lizard's skin. "I hope you don't mind, but thinking about it... whip smart, beautiful in blue. The name Lapis did come to mind," he laughed a bit. "Naming him that might have been a bit weird though, so I named him Lazuli."

He smiled, moving his head a bit to allow Lazuli to move about his shoulders a little more freely. The azure reptile crawled from one to the over, careful not to topple down onto the floor.

Still, there had a been a conversation going, even if Alex's part in it had just been to poke fun at Sherry. A self imposed role, but a fun one nonetheless. "Heh, I don't think it's that big of a deal. In fact, all you'd really interrupted was a little light ri--" Almost as if on cue he felt Laila's elbow jab into him. It might not have hurt too much, but it'd certainly caught him off guard. "--bbing... Ribbing... among housemates." He bit his tongue, glancing over at Laila.

"Oh no, please. I'm sure it must have been my fault," he chuckled. "How dare my body so carelessly get in your elbow's way?" he joked, rubbing his side just a bit. Luckily, it seemed everyone seemed to be settling. Laila, then Sherry, and finally Doric, each suggested they hurry to avoid holding up the banquet. It seemed he'd gotten to Sherry a bit. A joke came to mind. 'The actual House Leader wouldn't need to proclaim it.' But he held it back. Laila taking another physical poke at him might have deterred him a bit, but in truth... it was no fun if Sherry didn't bark back at him. It just made him seem like a bully.

Alex shrugged it off though, finding a seat and beginning to eat himself. He took a breath, glancing first at Sherry who'd gotten situated to the left of himself. The glares and glances certainly weren't his favorite. But he'd more than asked for them hadn't he? He picked at the food gingerly, ignoring the poor display from Maelys. Sheesh... He hadn't been that far off from such poor manners not to long ago. Guess it was lucky he'd learned a thing or too. He didn't eat too fast or too slow. In fact, the worst from him came in the form of his occasional passing of spare morsels to Lazuli who sat on the shoulder nearest to Sherry.

It was eating at him though. They'd all been through something. They were housemates. And as insufferable as she could be, he didn't want Sherry to hate him. Still... It wasn't like she was completely undeserving of a little knocking down. He went back and forth for a moment before finally rolling his eyes and taking a small breath.

"You know Sherry, I was only teasing before. Trying to get a rise out of you," he said softly. He wanted to keep his attempt at an apology, if it could be called that, narrowed to her (at least as best as he could). "You're far from the worst House Leader we could have." He glanced at her, but avoided any lasting eye contact. That'd likely been the nicest thing he'd said to the girl since they'd arrived at the academy. Sure, Sherry had a lot to work on, but they all did, didn't they? If all he did was attack her when they were around... how many more times would he find himself rolling around in mud and Wyvern dung with her? Even if it was her... He pushed the thoughts from his mind. This, at least, was better than nothing for now, right?

Lapis Zuval
Mentions:
Interacting:
Alex | @Demon Shinobi
Theodoric | @Psyker Landshark

The lizard, whose name was Lazuli, certainly did get Lapis's attention. Was she the only one to ask about such a creature? She'd seen pictures similar to it in her books, but seeing a friendly one in person had been an entirely new experience for her. Did her Noble classmates see a creature like Lazuli so often that it didn't intrigue them at least a bit? It wouldn't surprise her.

Alex's compliment didn't go unnoticed, earning a bit of a blush from her. Her father would have been screaming with joy and talking to Alex's parent or guardian in the hopes of arranging marriage if he'd heard that. Those thoughts were quickly pushed to the side as Lapis wondered if her classmate had meant for it to sound as it did. She wouldn't tease him for it; at least not in front of everyone else. Lapis would tease him later~

She smiled at him, "I'd see it as an honor." Lapis assured him. After all, naming something after another person ensures their memory is carried on.

There wasn't much time to admire the creature further since it was time to eat. Lapis had selected her favorites from the spread and ate properly with practiced ease. Knife and fork, back straight, careful not to get any food where it shouldn't be; the usual. The food had tasted bland to her since she and her classmates returned from the battlefield that day, but now, she remembered just how truly delectable it was. Her stomach growled for more, reminding her that she'd been severely lacking on her nutrition.

Her first plate was already finished by the time Theodoric asked his question.

Lapis frowned, speaking to him just as quietly. "I noticed, but I didn't think to ask her. I was... preoccupied mentally. It's clear she hasn't seen a healer, but do you think she will if our concerns are expressed to someone of higher standing?"

Ellie Larest
Interactions: @Astoria @Luminosity
Mentions: Just about everyone

Ellie sat forward on the bench simply listening to everyone around him. This was going to be the people who he'd be spending most of his time with for now on. And they had already experienced a lot together. Meanwhile, he was trying to weasel his way in. It was something he never had to do before. Back at the church he had been at before, he was the one everyone flocked toward. He was the oldest, and the first therefore the leader. But here, he was just some random person being thrust at them from nowhere. It was really quite the hassle.

At least that was what he thought would be the case, according to what his experience had told him. Instead, he was actually met with quite a bit of interest. Well... That's good at least. He turned and bowed his head at everyone who introduced themselves to him. Many of them turned their attention to conversing with other class member's but one girl leaned in close to him and asked him what his secret. She had introduced herself as Parthenia and a noble is seemed. Ellie smiled at the question, before turning his nose up slightly and raising his hands nonchalantly in the air.

"I'll have you know I have none. I'm more than happy to entertain any questions you have for me." And while not from the first person, the following question from the Red-Haired girl came up. Time to make true on his words.

"Ah, my time at the monastery… It's been a little boring actually. I've been here for two years now due to some promise that was made, but everyone is so much older and pretty up-tight usually. But I'm sure that I'll have a lot more to entertain me now!"

If that sentence hadn't been followed by a annoyingly cute head tilt and a smile from Ellie, it would have absolutely come across as self-centered and rude. But Ellie's typical demeanor always helped to override what he said.

Ellie overheard murmurs across the table talking about the wellbeing of their professor. He knew he wouldn't be able to provide much assistance now, but later on he would at least be able to show them that he can protect them with his healing magic.

Parthenia Harland Ciran
Mentions: @Reanimator Spuds @Psyker Landshark @Nim @Luminosity

Parthenia frowned. “I don’t know… I feel like you’re just the type that would have some interesting and fun secrets to hide. Don’t you think?” Although she was somewhat being… herself, she still had somewhat of a feeling. Hearing Ellie’s answer to Sherry’s question, it made her even more curious. “I just can’t help but to be curious about your late entry, since you say you’ve been here for two years in a non-student capacity,” she continued on casually, in a manner and tone that avoided her more blatant attempt at being nosy and prying.

Of course, if Theodoric had done a coin toss for whatever she was going to do, the coin would have landed on its rim and stayed there. Naturally taking advantage of the free, delicious food laid out in front of her, she was generously helping herself to things on her plate as she entertained herself with the cute new student girl.

That said, even Parthenia stopped her amused scheming when she overheard Theodoric speak up. Although she could be obnoxious at times, she could easily read the room, and it was obvious that the condition of their professor was genuinely concerning. She gracefully popped a piece of veal in a wine reduction sauce, only butting in once she was done.

“You’re not the only ones who noticed. Have you brought it up with her personally? I don’t think going to the headmaster first is the right decision in this.”

Currently Location: Mess Hall
Interactions: Sherry (@Luminosity )
Mentions: N/A

Alex blinked a few times. Sherry. Was she ignoring him? Seriously?

"Hey," he whispered.

Nothing.

"Sherry."

Still nothing. Alex's face turned to stone, a little half smile gracing his features as he scan a table. Everyone seemed so absorbed in their conversations. Surely nobody would noticed if he just. Poked Sherry. Just once. Then twice. One hand poked at her side, discreetly of course. The other hand lifted another bite to his mouth, nonchalantly poking at the metaphorical bear. Then, he just stopped. He reached over his plate, grabbing his cup to take a sip. "Wow, this is really delicious," he said softly.

"Don't you think so Sherry?" he asked, giving her another quick poke. "Sherry?" Poke. "Don't you think so?" Poke. He looked at her expectantly. Why did he do this? To her... to himself. Surely there had to be a better way than to egg the redhead on until they potentially caused a scene.