Status
Not open for further replies.
The pursuers were going to be some generic festival-people who got pissed off cos she was screwing around with illusions in crowded areas, scaring people into thinking they were being attacked n stuff. Since they're not involved in combat and wouldn't be used in combat, I don't think there'd be much problem to letting her use illusions just for some flavour.

Combat style illusions (I'm guessing dark magic based?) in the middle of the capitol prepping for a peace summit would be a very bad idea
It would probably be the town guard after her since that would count as disturbing the peace and she'd have earned at least a night in a cell
It would also be the type of worrisome action that would get relayed to the lords.

So they would probably know who she was and what she had done when she approached them.
Some fast talking might be required.

Unless she had cast an illusion on herself as well to disguise her appearance, which is what I was planning. Also, these wouldn't be so much combat-style illusions as just clouds of black gas n' stuff. I figure most of the general public won't be very familiar with dark magic besides the superstitions and warnings.

this seems like something that would stir up a political incident =w= and lead to hunting your character as they track the sources of magic back to them

Reactions: - Falcon -
Sounds fun then! Fire Emblem is all about political incidents!

they would be familiar enough with magic to recognize magic though, and would know to look for particular things when hunting a mage.
And even if she was disguised it'd still be a town guard problem and not a civilian one

Korra's read the situation correctly :3

Also I was planning for at least one night in the capitol so she'll spend a lot of time hiding if you're willing to put up with that.

Tell you what, your character can be in disguise and play with harmless illusions in hopes of scaring the civilians, but I'll control the town guard pursuing her.
She'll either have to find a clever hiding spot, or find someone of the "party" to shelter her for the night.

Hmm, maybe. I pretty much had the scene planned out already... I might change it then so that she's harassing some nameless merchants outside the city and runs into the city and gets lost in the crowd and just kinda ends up following the same path as the party so figures she may as well help them out.

scaring children might not be a bad idea too, playing as the boogyman might be safer and more reasonable o3o

Also, I wanted to know how close civilians/randoms would be allowed to get to the summit preceding. Like if someone was planning to murder everyone or just watch as an armed civilian (not that that's what I have in mind at all) how close would they be able to get before getting turned away by the guard?

scaring children might not be a bad idea too, playing as the boogyman might be safer and more reasonable o3o

Also, I wanted to know how close civilians/randoms would be allowed to get to the summit preceding. Like if someone was planning to murder everyone or just watch as an armed civilian (not that that's what I have in mind at all) how close would they be able to get before getting turned away by the guard?
Scaring children is like taking candy from a baby, except less rewarding because you don't get any candy.

@Karakui - I'll let you do what you want in this case, just remember that NPCs are characters too and I can and will wield the karma paddle to implement reasonable consequences if needed. >:)

O.O oh light! I'm channeling Asmo, somebody help!

@Korra Quinn - I have actually thought about this! 8D
During proceedings It's my thought that up to a certain number of civilians, minor lords, merchants etc will be allowed to watch and listen.
In the case in Ma Kai there's a royal council chamber (usually used for court proceedings) where the podiums/table/desks for the five nations are placed on the dais on the lowest floor and there are two theater style balconies on the 2nd and 3rd level where people can watch
Think of it built like the Colosseum but not nearly as large and in this half-circle shape :)

ephesus.odeion.plan.jpg

I'm not sure what the Heiya chamber/location will look like because it's Xavier's home and I prefer to let @Archer design his character's palace etc if possible.

Any audience member will have to check their weapons at the gate before entering to watch.
When not in session the guard is just like it would be under normal circumstances or possibly enhanced if their's a reason to believe there's a threat.
Person's caught trespassing are treated according to the law of the land in which it happens. Though nothing can be said for what happens if a foreign lord's personal guard catches them.

Lords are, of course, permitted to bring their own personal and trusted guard, though how many depends on the politics of the time. No host wants to feel untrusted with their guests' safety, but no guest wants to feel as if they could be taken prisoner.

@Karakui - I'll let you do what you want in this case, just remember that NPCs are characters too and I can and will wield the karma paddle to implement reasonable consequences if needed. >:)
Of course :) I've made sure you'll have plenty of opportunity to exercise that paddle. If your RPs are like mine, people tend to act nicely to avoid bad stuff happening, so I never get to have fun with people as much as I want.

Basically, I'm happy as long as you don't interfere with my expositional stuff unnecessarily and just for the sake of meddling.

If and when I interfere there's always a reason for it :p

Perhaps, but there have been many who have been mistaken when they say that, so I'm remaining cautious.

I'm writing a post up now, if it takes me a while it's only because I want to say everything right, and have good enough detail on my character and the castle as you've given me creative freedom for it.

Hmm. A suggestion, or a question I suppose. The people living in the same land, should they or would you, like to have pre-determined relationships already? AKA they know each other? Orrr, just sorta bump into each other like whoah, nice meeting you.

Is this to me? If so um they could know each other, anyone from Heiya could either have been people that came back as Xavier's personal retinue or knights/mercenaries hired by the royal family to keep the peace. Guess what I'm saying it's fine either way haha :jump:.

@Archer I was gonna whip up some color palette swatches but my neglected homework got the best of me whoops. Since it's not important details I figure no one will be upset if I wait a little while on that haha.

Also yaaay the ic is up.
Silvia's hometown is more towards the east of the country closer to the border. A resting stop for border patrolmen turned into a town over the years kind of deal, it wouldn't be too surprising if someone knew her or her uncle. If anyone wants to work something out thats fine by meee.

@AutumnWyvern all good on the color swatches, not everyone get's to take it easy like I do on my days off. Plus no homework for me haha

Have at it
I have a few ideas for the palace, but as far as the city goes the only thing I've come up with is a few prominent buildings in white stone ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.