Status
Not open for further replies.
unfortunately Pewds got popular due to his screaming and horror LPs where all he does is shout and scream his damnedable annoying head off. I dunno I just tend to watch peeps I find are cool/funny, Game Grumps Suzy/Mortimir and Commander Holly are some of my stalwart watches now. Along with actually liking when Lindsay Jones (Rooster Teeth) is on with the other AH/RT guys. It's all about perspective unfortunately I was always taught that a perspective of everyone being on equal footing is what we should have so it's what I've always had.

Guess it helped that I always saw that my mother could do everything my father do, sometimes better than him.

I think it's important to note 'independently' created, because women have been a big part of the cartoon industry for years and I find it unfair to look down on their work and achievements. Be they scriptwriters, story-boarders, directors, animators, etc. You mentioned MLP, and despite me not having watched a single episode, I know who Lauren Faust is. She is a literal icon now for creating MLP.

Also Winx Club. Don't watch it, it's shit. But holy fuck do they have seasons and merch. It goes a little more under the radar and the merch is aimed at a younger demographic, but it's utter BS women and girls don't buy merch. Also if Jessica Jones' recent success is any indication, and the part it's getting a second season, I don't think you need to worry too much.

It's a pity young Justice got cancelled, though. I liked Aqua Lad, he was badass.

As for PewDiePie... Yeah, I try to erase that from my memory. I'm not a big fan of LP's, though, especially not with comments. If it's a game I wantto play, I don't want it spoiled. If it's a game I already played, I'm more interested in optimisations and speed runs.

@Kestrel I'm not undermining any women's work and I know many women are instrumental in the field, Faust especially. And it's not the first of all time but the first on Cartoon Network, which is a big name as far as cartoons are concerned. Most other channels mix cartoons with live action shows in their lineups and while CN tried that it ultimately bombed because people go to CN for... Cartoons! In fact, Faust worked closely with her husband on many cartoon network shows (powerpuff girls and fosters home for imaginary friends are especially noteworthy) but the only thing she did solo on CN was Super Best Friends Forever, which was apart of a grab-bag of DC themed shorts and miniseries. Interestingly enough her husband is now doing shows on Disney... I wonder if something happened?

ANYWAY same thing with the merch. Winx was on Jetix which was bought by Disney (it was originally public broadcasting iirc?) and then later seasons were aired on Nickelodeon, not Cartoon Network. I'm not saying most female-targeted shows don't have merch! Once again to bring up mlp, the whole point of the show is to sell merch (As was the old carebears cartoons and other cartoons of the era that the first generation came out in). I'm saying Cartoon Network is being shady and sexist. I am like stupid merch hoarder #1 (though I do have my limits. pop figures are ugly as sin I will never own one) the only reason my room isn't overflowing with merch is because things cost money. But like, give me the money and the option to buy blindbags or plushies? Oh no. There it all goes. Byeee.
But that didn't stop cartoon network for citing that as a reason for pulling the plug on Young Justice :/
I'm sure other channels have their darksides too, but I haven't heard much about them. Disney seems to be doing better in the animation department (though Star vs The Forces of Evil was kind of a let-down for me i hear it gets better but I was really hyped for it and then when I sat down to watch it it was all LOL SO RANDOM!!!11!!! 2007-type humor). Nickelodeon I've heard has been racist to voice actors and are known for keeping cartoons on life support long after they should have been dead and in the ground but aside from the voice acting thing nothing really bad. But I also haven't really gone looking.

I hear you on the LP thing, though I do make the exception for cr1tikal, it's the reason why I was the last of my friends to get into Dangan Ronpa (not only did I need to wait for it to be localized but I also needed to buy a PS vita). I.. I didn't actually play it until June of last year.... I'm all up to date now though >w>

I find it kind of strange that a company would cut off their own income like that, but at the same time I don't really feel like having a discussion revolving around *citation needed* nor do I care much for looking for it myself. I think the popularity of shows like Steven Universe and Jessica Jones are good indicators of diversity not being all that hated by modern audiences. I mean, I don't particularly care for the former, but I binged the fuck out of the latter. In the end capitalism is based on supply and demand. If that demand is diversity (or more likely; just good shows) big businesses will try meeting that demand because they care a lot more about money than a narrative propaganda. They might make some dumb decisions in the process (idk much about cartoons but I do know FIFA and CoD sell less every iteration) to secure short term cash over long term profit by trying something new (which is a risk,) but in the end they are all about that cash. Case in point; everything has stock.

The best you can do to support the things you want to see is to spend money on them and show them to your friends. As a consumer that is your power. Show what makes money in numbers, rather than words, because that's what companies ultimately care about most.

Young Justice was super successful before it was canned, as far as I'm aware. And well here is an article with a link to a podcast talking about the toys thing. I thought you would get tons of sources with simple googling, but it actually took me a bit to find that. My bad :x

You don't have to tell me twice. But like I said for Steven Universe there is surprisingly little merch... Though there is a bit more now with some 3rd party team-ups but mostly a couple of t-shirts and things. They have a book (I bought it on pre-order) it's very cute. But I want to go into the toys isle at work and see plushies of Lion and figures of the crystal gems with gem weapon parts. Playsets of major locations in the show! I want to see kids both boys and girls happily buying these things and having them fly off the shelves. But CN just won't do it.

Short post (Most of mine will be), but I wanted to make a note. Synards come in two distinct species, Nedian and Vorian. Vorian Synards are large enough to be mounts, and for all intents and purposes look like Sungazer Lizards (Smaug Giganteus). They live in the canyons of Sahra in caves. They are omnivorous, eating small animals and various desert plants. However, they're incredibly docile and won't attack large animals or people without provocation. They are more inclined to run away than they are to fight if given the opportunity. They dig deep into the earth to find water when they need to drink (Which is about once a week).

Nedian Synards are significantly smaller, being about the size of an english mastiff. They have wings that while they aren't strong enough to fly with, they can glide quite well and have powerful legs that allow them to leap great heights. They are excellent climbers and are kept by the royal family as guard dogs and pets, although they are known for being quite temperamental. They don't thrive particularly well out of the desert however, and have to be kept warm, and dried frequently in humid environments.

Reactions: - Falcon -
I never understood this whole PewDiePie thing. Literally everyone I've ever spoken to and got into that topic with can't stand him. I'm yet to meet anyone who thinks he's more than a noisy, immature idiot.

I should have said something similar to what Requiem said, I'm not a giant word wall poster usually, these first two might be but I'll no doubt post significantly less lengthy posts (while still adhering to a 1-4 paragraph guideline)

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
I average around 250-300 words. I can double that if I get in The Zone but don't expect any essays from me, I've never won NaNoWriMo

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
Young Justice was super successful before it was canned, as far as I'm aware. And well here is an article with a link to a podcast talking about the toys thing. I thought you would get tons of sources with simple googling, but it actually took me a bit to find that. My bad :x
Normally I'd take everything from the Mary Sue with a grain of salt, but given that podcast is straight from the horse's mouth, there's little reason to doubt. Sounds like they had a lotta dumb people in charge. I mean, building an audience is more difficult than developing new merch.

I write alot, sorry. I write for a living so churning out 1000 words in an hour is pretty standard for me. I don't mean to make anyone feel like they need to post a bunch, I just like world building and dialogue.

@Archer @Aria Valle @AtomicItalian @AutumnWyvern @Dakup @ᴅɪᴀʙᴏʟɪᴄᴀʟ @Dubs of Stigma @Karakui @Kestrel @kimsim12 @Korra Quinn @Leif @Maxim @Requiem

Beginning of the next turn starts as soon as my next post goes up. Posts by Monday please ^_^ or tell me if you can't/ need more time.

And don't worry about how much you write as long as your post gives something to work off of and you have fun with it. Write the amount that feels right to you.

Also, I will now be opening slots to second character reservations for those who want them. First come first served basis. These characters I hope you will hold onto to be recruited at various intervals through out the game.
Therefore I will be adding location and recruitability conditions to the CS ^_^

Name: Leilani Oshiro

Country of origin: Ma Kai

Class: Lord

Weapon of Choice: Sword - rapier

Armor type: none

Mount: none

Special Skills: Intelligence and exceptional memorization skills - book learning mostly,
Swordsmanship - taught from an early age she claims she is her own last line of defence

Race: Human

Appearance: blue eyes, 5'3" 135lbs

Other: The niece, ward, and only heir to the lord of Ma Kai after his son was lost to assassination
She has a very charitable nature and a reputation for personally funding a number of programs and institutions to help the unfortunate.
She is often refereed to as the "white flower" of Ma Kai in reference to the meaning of her name and favorite color
Leilani and her Uncle often butt heads on various issues.

Recruitability conditions: Rescue her

Also, I will now be opening slots to second character reservations for those who want them. First come first served basis. These characters I hope you will hold onto to be recruited at various intervals through out the game.
Ooh, can I reserve one of the Lords of Shan, using Light Magic then? And will we be able to RP their kind of 'lone wolf' adventures before they join up? It would help engage with the characters since they might otherwise become sidelined if they're only making an appearance halfway through. It also doesn't particularly make much sense for a Lord of Shan to be wandering through some backwoods on the continent for no particular reason...

Yes you may reserve a lord of Shan, but no sandboxing .
There are a number of ways for a lord of Shan to have a reasonable excuse for joining the crew and I will definitely work with you to find a side adventure for you to write about, but I would like whatever that is to play into the larger story ^_^

Yes you may reserve a lord of Shan, but no sandboxing .
There are a number of ways for a lord of Shan to have a reasonable excuse for joining the crew and I will definitely work with you to find a side adventure for you to write about, but I would like whatever that is to play into the larger story ^_^
Yeah, I wasn't planning to sandbox. I was going to wait a week or so and see if there was some path she could follow. Otherwise, I was going to consult you.

Reactions: - Falcon -
I was actually writing up my own post of Xavy's adventures through the castle, and get him out to the market.

That's fine because it plays into the larger plot ^_^

I'd like to reserve a spot for a Mage from Coill. I'll edit this hold into a CS once I can put it together.

Oh no, Pirate Salesmen!? Those are the worst kind of pirates!
"Ar har me harties! Land Ahoy! If ye don't by this used canoe, I'll have ye walk the plank!"

Status
Not open for further replies.