Fire Emblem 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
+Normal is ROFL stomp easy, but playing on Hard or up makes reeking boxes too expensive to be usable. Meaning you end up being fairly limited on who you can train, which wouldn't be an issue if training/building up a ton of S supports (even on units you do not plan on using) is needed to unlock the child characters.
Well therein you are your own worst enemy. If you grind, strategy becomes less relevant. Getting supports is very easy in this game, though, especially compared to previous titles. If you care about child characters in your party before post-game, you're probably grinding too much. Or maybe I'm a purist, idk.

++It is too dependent on pairing. Pairing gives too much of a buff, and the game is balanced against it to the point (At least on Hard) that you need to be doing it. Which means a great number of formations and tactics you could use in early games are moot in awakening, because half your force is busy playing at buffs (more if you use healers). Plus the support character earns too little exp, meaning you constantly need to constantly switch/swap for leveling sakes, or your lead to will be 1KOing targets, giving the support no chance to join in meaning an even bigger level/exp gap.
You know, I actually sort of agree that balancing for pairing limits the options you have in the game, considering some OP combinations like throwing Vaike berserker on top of any physical unit makes them a killing machine (conversely, Vaike's high HP + counter on lunatic is a godsent so get that first). It did bring some much needed variation to the game formula, and I like having an offensive rescue, but it would be great if it was better balanced. Though you can do that by map *cough*Tiki defence*cough*

EDIT: Speaking of 14 though;

This thing. This fucking thing. I love it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.