Fire And Gallows

Status
Not open for further replies.
At that point, the old doors of the bar creaked open and a old tattered gray cloak entered the building. Its owner, who's name was Noxel, made a beeline for the nearest container of alcohol, which just so happened to be the paladin's new stein of ale and without a word he stole a long swig. He then slammed the drink in front of its buyer and asked for his usual. As he waited he examined the bar's other customers this showed his unguarded face and hands. He was a shade, a shadowy soul that lived in Limbo and had left to see the mortal world. He leaned on a wicker cane and called out loud with genuine cheer:
"This sounds good... I'm in."

At the counter bar sat a black cat with a silver round bell sleeping, her tall dark staff was resting beside her. Opening her eyes her vivid Yellow eyes scanned around the bar . Seeing that many powerful beings came it send shivers around her spine..Streching her back she sat on the counter, her tail moving around her as she stares at the men sitting infront of the bar.

Harrow looked up at the shade, "And just who might you be?" He asked.
Harrow picked up his mug and took a drink while he waited a reply.

Waving her tail around she observed each man..Could say she was intrested especialy the rouge fox and the bloody warrior. Licking her paw she presses the bell a few times as if playing with it before yawing as she walk towards the bloody warrior...

Stopping a feet away she lies down as she stares them with her yellow eyes sparkling a little before relaxing herself.

A rustling came out from the other side of the bar where the restroom was. The two swinging doors to the restroom flung wide open, and a tall wide shadowy figure stood there with the light gleaming on his back, giving him a powerful silhouette.

As the darkened figure moved towards the bar counter, the darkness faded away to a green complexion. The figure was an orc, young and strong with bulging biceps. Matching his strong arms where broad shoulders and a massive chest that were hidden under a darkened steel breastplate and spiked pauldrons. He had a topknot of black hair that only helped to strengthened his tall stature. In one hand, the Orc gripped tightly a double-sided axe the size of a small child.
Whilst in mid stride, the nostrils of the orc flared, he instantly stopped moving and began sniffing the air so vigorously that his nose ring clamored. Any other human would have missed the scent, but to an orc and his heightened olfactories the scent was detected. The orc smelled a scent of rotting meat, however, it was faint and inconsistent like it was heavily suppressed by some cologne or magic. The orc surveyed the the bar, he could not pinpoint the origin of the odor that caught his attention, however it was strongest near at a small group of adventurers. The orc slowly approached two of them, one in his perspective seemed to be a wizard of some sort, the other was concealed by a grey cloak. The orc looked at the wizard perplexingly for despite some wounds around the wizards mouth, he looked entirely alive.

"Oh dear, were are my manners?" The age-old shade replied with a bow,"I freind am Noxel, the master of necromancy." Noxel gave Harrow a small grin as he sent a message to his mind which said "know what you are brother. Don't worry though, I can keep a secret." He then sat down next to where the strange cat was sitting and began to drink some drink that was such a deep black that it was a suprise it wasn't poison.

Harrow looked up as the orc's shadow fell upon him. The sight of the man was rather intimidating, and Harrow spoke up. "A pleasure to meet you Noxel." He said nodding to the shade ,then to the orc "Can I help you?"

Quietly looking up she stared at the necromancer with a hint of curiosity as she meowed softly as she approached the necromancer sitting infront of him. Looking beside him an orc stood behind the mage as he looked down. Hissing softly a magic circle appeared on her left eye her while the bell glowed softly on her collar.

Shadows began to sprout at the bottom harmlessly wrapping itself around the orc as her eyes glowed softly. It was a sign that she didnt like him..... a little..

The Orc had sensed a great deal of magic in the area. He began to realize that he had caught some unwanted attention with his direct approach. The Orc was aware that his size could sometimes intimidate others. In an effort to ease the tension in the bar the Orc laughed heartily

He looked down at the mage who was looking up at him and said. "Couldn't elp but over hear you there boss, talking about the warz and about ow to make some coin. Sompin about a merchant, am I right?"

Wanting to join in the groups adventure the Orc pulled up a chair and said "First rounds on me boyz, Me names Gorgutz."

The girl in her cat form makes the shadows disappear as she relaxes a little bit. Purring softly she looks over to the Orc as she observes his features. He may look a little itimidating like a dangerous villan but she knew she cant judge a someone on the outside. Waving her tail her glowing bell stops but the magic circle on her eye remains. Staring at the orc she closes her eyes as she thought of something....

'Somewhat dangerous..... ' thinking she opens her eyes again to look around then to the orc obeserving him a little bit more. But little did she know she accidentally send it to him telepathically.

When the feline girl sat in front of him Noxel felt something move inside his body. At first he was startled, shades had nearly no organs and the few he had nearly never moved. He scratched his head trying to pinpoint the location of the beating. Then the Orc stepped up and he lost focus.

When Noxel first saw the Orc he refrained from talking to him. He and Orcs had never gotten along probably because of his habit of comparing them to pigs. However this Orc was rather friendly so he gave the tall brute a pat on the back and asked for his name.

Sighing the cat stared back at the necromancer with interest for a while before sending a small message on his mind.

'Quite an interesting fellow..''

The magic circle from her eyes dissapeared returning to its normal yellow color as she uses her force to move her staff closer to her and her hat shrinking before flying on top of her head as she fixes it with her paws.

Harrow nodded to Gorgutz and took another sip of his ale. "Yes a merchant I had dealings with before. He's moving out of town since the war front has moved near here and he wants some protection. I'm sure we can all work the job, what with the bandits getting more active and daring in the area." Harrow said, putting the empty mug of ale down on the table.

'Why thank you. I see your a user of dark magic as well.' He messaged back and then asked her out loud,"Names Noxel, you?" He began to get up as well finishing his drink and grabbing his cane.

'Jade....a pleasure to meet you' A soft melodic voice was heard as she licks her paw a little before looking up..

'Your going somewhere necromancer?'
Jade asks as she sits on the counter top with her tail wrapped around her while her ears twitched a little inside her witch hat.

valkyrie.jpg
The attention she garnered when she entered the tavern was somewhat annoying. Having been used to the uproarious laughter and merry-making in the barracks it was strange to be surrounded by such a strange awkward atmosphere and blatant stares she got when travelling alone. 'I guess it must be unusual to see a Shield Maiden let alone a member of the Valkyrie, I miss being in the company...' She thought propping her spear and shield against the bar stool. "Something strong, if you please." She said, knowing she'd be heard. This town sure is hard to reach but with the battles being here in Wind-Lore, this is where I must to be. The higher powers told it so. Gulping down the so-called-drink she lamented the absence of the heartier ales and spirits she was used to. It will have to do... I'll just have to drink more. She thought, planning her next moves. From here I need to find a way to help the fight. One of us has already been taken to Valhalla. I shall fight to avenge her death in any way I can... After all, that is the way of the Valkyrie.

Few things frightened Noxel. A Valkyrie however was high on the short list. "Ah... I assumed we were leaving... Harrow?" He gave the undead a nervous glance."I think we have plenty of people to simply defend a caravan yes?" The strange feeling in his chest was gone now, only his unhinged nerves remained

Harrow looked at the shade, then around the bar. He spotted the Valkyrie and nodded "Most undoubtedly we should leave before he finds others to guard the cart." He said, standing up and tossing a gold piece to the bartender.

A skeleton was already at the cart a crossbow at his right side a shield on his back and a shortsword on on his left hip. He stared at the undead knowing what he was. With a hood on his head shadowing his face he stared at the undead with his glowing maroon eyes. Only wearing a lightly armored leather tunic and leather leggings the skeleton was leaning on the side of the cart.

"Jade... That's a beautiful name." Said Noxel,"are you planing to come with us?" The strange beat was back. It seamed only to happen when he focused on the girl. 'What are you?' he thought to himself. He pushed it to the back of his mind and looked back at the Valkrie 'she hasn't noticed who I am yet...'

Status
Not open for further replies.