Fire and Air...Coming Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryu nods as he looks at Maddoc, assessing him with his eyes as he walked towards the weapons rack. He picked up a sword and a staff, as if making his choice, before he settled on the staff. No sharp weapons, never know what could happen Ryu. He thought to himself, though he did have his knives in his pocket, just in case. He sighed, trying his best to relax as he turned and headed towards the fighting ring. He saw Garrett standing there, waiting for him. Man this family moves quick.... He thought as he stood on the opposing side of Garrett. "I'm ready when you are Garrett!" He said as he held the staff across his shoulders.

Taking his shirt off and grabbing a staff to copy Ryu Garrett walked on to the giant padded circle kicking his shoes off and putting himself in a ready position. "I'll go easy on you, promise." Krin jumped into the middle and took out a flag folding it up in her tiny hand. "Before we start we must say the rules." She looked at Maddoc and her parents. "uhhhh... what level do I choose?" Drace smiled and looked at Krin. "Since, we do not know what level he is on start with a level one, so we may adjust accordingly." Smiling Krin got off the mate and went to a desk pulling a remote out. "Please step on the mate and stay still." Waiting till he seemed ready she pushed in a few numbers then pointed it at the ceiling pressing another button. Just as she did the ring started to move, and walls were appearing from the ground as plushed guarders, and the floor itself got plushier. "I know Garrett your a level 7 but we have to adjust to him not you." Opening the wall she stepped into the ring along with Maddoc.

"Maddoc will be the referee. If he feels you did a unauthorized move he will tackle you down. So the level one rules. You may only hit chest, back, and upper arms and legs. If you hit groaned, head area, or under the knee you will be tackled by the hulking vampire in the corner. The room is ring is built for no distractions, that is why you can not see outside of the plush ring, but be aware we can see you. You can not lift your partner off the ground. You may not use any form of magic, you may kick but only in the areas that are allowed." As Krin was reading off the note board Garrett chimed in. "Also no biting." He glared at Krin, who stuck her tongue out at him. "Because!" She started again. "We do not know where you are and Garrett is a level 7. And I am aware you have a level because of the school, but we do not trust their scaling levels so we adapted our own, because we found individuals who were put as higher level really should not have been put in we do not care what level you are on because it is most likely false, or not. Don't bite my head off. I am looking at your records now and it says you are a level 5. Which is a usual level for a man in your grade, but again we adjust to our own levels in this family." Krin smiled and looked at Ryu coming closer to him. "Do you understand the rules and any questions before we start?" She said putting three patched on him. One over his heart the other on his temple and the last on his wrist.

He nodded towards Krin, watching as she put patches on his body. "Yeah I understand the rules." He said softly, reci ing them in his head. He was still trying his best to calm himself as he awaited the starting call. He looked over at Garrett, to which he growled slightly. He didn't kike the fact that he picked the weapon he choose, like he wanted to show he could beat hi, at his own game. He held his staff up, ready to go. I hope your the one I beat the most.... Even if I lose to everyone else. He thought as he started relaxing more.

As he stood there, he knew Liza's parents were watching and he wanted to impress them for sure. He needed to remember everything that Liza taught him.

Krin held the flag up and ran outside the door. The match had started, Garrett wasted no time before he was moving his staff around his back and trying to hit Ryu in the chest. Trying to distract him with how fast he was moving the staff around his back and arms, going for his left then to his right trying to hit Ryu. Garretts face the whole time staying completely composed and straight faced.

Ryu watched him, his eyes following him easily as he did so. He doubts my speed, thinking he is faster than me. Ryu thought, I can use that against him. All he did was dodge for a while, stepping back carefully with each of Garrett's attacks. He watched his movements closely, mainly studying his opponent. Then, then he began his counterattack. He deflected Garrett's attack quickly before swinging his staff back, but with rivaling speed. His feet moved graciously and quietly as he moved forward, pushing Garrett backwards, not giving him a chance to hit back. He wanted to win, you could see the fire in Ryu's eyes, but he knew Garrett wanted to win to.

Garrett saw him coming in through the right quickly falling to the floor kicking Ryu from under his feet knocking him to the floor. Hitting him with staff on the chest making sure to gently tap him. Standing above him he laughed and held a hand out for him to grab. "Nice, your a lot faster than I thought you would be. I'm impressed." He could see in Ryu's body language that he was not very happy about being kicked out from underneath himself. Stepping back to give him his space he waited for Krin to get back in and sign in the next round.

As if he said her name out loud she bounced in her skirt flapping behind her and a thigh high slightly falling to her knee. Smiling at Jacob she looked at Ryu, and smiled. "It's okay to win you have to get three taps. You can still win this." punching him lightly on the chest. "Do your best." Holding the flag up she signaled for the second round.

Ryu nodded, his aggravations and pride getting to him. I am determined to beat him, and wipe that smirk off his face. He thought as he stood up, readying himself for another match. He recognized that Garrett had the speed, and the skills to offset his own, and that could prove fatal against him. Ryu held his staff at the ready, and awaited the signal of the second round beginning.

Krin walked out of the room signalling that the match had started. Garrett held the staff behind him waiting for Ryu, circling like a bear going for his pray. "Come on Ryu, I know you can do better than that. You wouldn't just become my sister's partner unless you had some talent?" He mocked laughing at Ryu. "I'm open.. Come get me." When he finally used the force of holding the staff behind him to fling forward to hit Ryu.

Ryu smirked and used his staff defensively, pushing Garrett back with unknown strength. He grunted as he pushed, using all his efforts to push the male backwards, before he jumped into the air, and spun, throwing a kick at his staff, snapping it in half. His eyes seemed to cloud slightly, as his determination grew. He spun the staff and smirked as he rushed forward, swiping it under Garrett's feet, bringing his legs out from under him, and pinned him to the ground with the staff to his chest. "You're right Garrett, I am better than that." he said with a snarl.

Maddoc quickly walked over and pushed Ryu pack putting a hand on his chest pushing him away from Garrett. Krin ran in and went to her knees in front of Garrett. "Garrett are you okay?" She said pushing his hair back from his face. Garrett just started laughing to the point he couldn't breath. Sitting up he looked at Ryu. "I have no idea where that came from but good job. One one now, your face tho! You got so angry, I thought it was hilarious." Krin helped him up and patted his back. "I need a new weapon sis. Mind getting me my main one?" Smiling she squeezed Maddoc's hand gently walking out of the cage, coming back in with a short sword. "Here, I brought you the dull one so you didn't scratch him too badly." Grabbing the flag she stood in the middle winking at Ryy giggling at his response. "Mom and daddy said that because you guys are taking so long this next round wins." Swinging the flag down she ran out the open door that Maddoc held for her, he grabbed her hand and kissed it slightly smiling at her as she walked out. He leaned against the wall waving his hand to proceed at Garrett and Ryu who stopped to look at them.

Ryu smirked and readied his staff when he saw the short sword. "I guess you're finally gonna get serious with me?" He said with a smile as he held the staff across his shoulders, his other hand up in front defensively. "Then come on. Show me what you can really do, if you aren't afraid that is~" he said with a chuckle as he waited for Garrett to attack.

Smirking Garrett sped at him at full speed dropping to the ground and tripping him off his feet. Sliding on to his knees and taking the sword stabbing it down to the ground near Ryu's face slicing his cheek. Smiling he got close to his face. "I guess you can say so." He mocked back flipping on to his feet and back into fighting ready position.

Ryu felt the cut along his cheek as he growled and rose to his feet quickly. He watched Garrett move and silently cursed to himself as he hated that he fell for that one. Before he could land though, Ryu moved quickly, even faster than he previously was as he almost vanished in thin air, ready to strike at Garrett when he found an opening. This amount of speed, was not that of an air user, but one who's body was being pushed to it's physical limits, and it was going to take it's toll on his legs, Ryu didn't care. He was determined to beat this brat, and he was going to reach that goal.

Garrett looked at him and saw he was trying his best, but was starting to get a bit annoyed by his attitude. He had seen that look before and he didn't like it one bit. That attitude was the reason he was losing this battle, and in a way he thought Ryu knew that as well. Standing straight Garrett lifted his right. "I give up, Ryu wins." With that the cage started to open and become flat to the ground. Walking past Ryu, he whispered into his ear. "That attitude is going to get her killed on day." Dropping the sword on the ground he walked out of the training room.

"What was that all about?" Krin said coming up behind Ryu. "Did you hurt him?" She asked questionably looking up at him.

Ryu looked over at Garrett, his blood boiling, as a quick flame wisped around his arm. "My attitude is what keeps me alive." He said through seething teeth. "It's my pride, and if you knew anything about me, you'd know why the hell I have one." he said as he turned to storm out, completely ignoring Krin. Fuck this! He thought, I don't need to be here, what even made me think that I could even get along with people like this. All this fucking nice stuff, and this house, and that gym! What do they know about the life I had, being as spoiled rotten as they are! This explains Liza's attitude! He yelled angrily in his head. He pushed open the doors to the gym with a crushing kick as he walked out. He knew he had a bad attitude, but it was all for the right reasons, at least he thought so. He was done with the bullshit he went through growing up, at home and school.

"HEY WAIT!" Krin yelled, Maddoc held her hand to keep her their. Glaring at him he sighed and let her go. "Ryu wait!" She ran, finally catching up to him. "You can't just walk out! So the moment you find someone you don't like you are just going to walk out. What happens if Liza is in danger, are you just going to walk out because you are angry?" She yelled at him, she knew she was only making him angrier but he needed to hear this. "Will you just stop!!!" She yelled again, running in front of him making it so he couldn't pass. "I know Garrett can be a dick but in the end he means well. He is just looking out for Liza." Ryu walked around her and she crossed her arms angrily. "You are just like Maddoc, the way he use to be you know." That slightly caught his attention. "Always walking out when things got hard, always yelling, and walking around sulking and being angry. You want to know why Garrett thinks you are unfit to be Liza's partner it's not because you do not lack any skill but because he refuses to have what happened to me happen again."

The room came into focus, as she awoke. Rubbing her eyes, she looked around the room, sitting up she saw Ryu wasn't here. 'Maybe he went home.' she thought before she heard voices outside her window. Sliding out of the bed slowly she limped over to the window and opened it seeing Krin and Ryu talking, using her wind magic she made it so she could hear them clearly.

"You see this?" Krin turned around and lifted her shirt up exposing the largest scar anyone could see on someone. "When Maddoc and me became partners it was forced just like you and Liza. We hated each other, and that was how it always was. He was just like you, always angry, always yelling. Always leaving when things got tough, on our first mission it was a pretty simple one just clearing a section of the forest for low level uncleans." Krin held herself and looked down. "But more showed up, and high leveled ones. There were too many, and I saw Maddoc getting angrier and angrier, considering the whole time we just kept fighting. He just had to prove that he was a better fighter than me, always trying to prove his worth, which was stupid cause he couldn't see how madly in love I was with him. To me he was everything, even if I was just the person he got stuck with." A tear was starting to form in her eye from the memory. "He became so angry that his judgement became unclear, he became weak because he let his pride, and anger get the best of him. Just kept yelling at me, and everything. An unclear came up behind him and was about to attack, I jumped into the way and took the hit, died almost instantly. It all could have been avoided if he just calmed down and stop trying to prove something that I already knew in my heart. My brother use to be just like you and Maddoc he knew it was going to happen, that Maddoc's pride would get me hurt but I was blinded by love. He could see it in Maddoc, and he see's it in you, he can see that anger he use to hold, that anger that killed...." Krin stopped her sentience there.

Krin turned around to start walking away, then turned back to him. "I know you probably don't care, but when my brother means well. He didn't mean to insult you, he just know's best when it comes to holding so much anger and pride. I mean you probably came in here thinking we were nothing but spoiled rich brats, but all of us had to lose something to get where we are today. It wasn't judgement he was holding toward you but wisdom." Krin turned her skirt twirling from her movement. "You don't have too but I hope you do stay for dinner for Liza as least." Then she walked into the house.

Ryu watched her go inside the house, his anger slightly fading. Before she disappeared into the home though, he shouted. "You may have lost something, but you have no idea what it's like to lose everything, have never gain anything back." He shouted, his voice mixed with pain and hate. He sighed though, once he saw her disappear into the house. His anger, slowly dissipating, finally went away as he closed his eyes. Maybe...maybe she is right.... He thought to himself as he leaned back against the gates of the home, tilting his head towards the sky. Maybe my anger does control me. He remembered what happened to Liza, at the schoolyard when he was fighting Brad. HE was the one blinded by his anger. HE was the one who threw the knives, that injured Liza. He sighed and let out a frustrated yell, that almost sounded like a roar. "Why does this have to be so damn hard! Can't I just have a somewhat easy life?!" he shouted, at no one in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.