Fire and Air...Coming Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
He listened to her speak, her words so gentle to him... It honestly caused him to blush. He never had anyone speak to him like that. Mostly yelling and what not, but she was....being nice to him. A team she said? He thought, her words ringing in his head. He smiled a little, his blush deepening as he nodded. "T-Thanks..." was all he said. He noticed her blush, and then noticed how close to his face she really was. She is pretty cute...when she blushes.... the thought quickly went through his mind.

What do I say now? She thought looking out the window, when the nurse came in. "Well, I see you're up. How are you feeling?" She asked coming around and pulling the blanket out a little checking the wound. "It doesn't seem so bad but training is a no go for at least a day or two. So this weekend take it easy then come Monday you can go back to kick ass and break hearts." Laughing at her own joke she looked at Ryu. "Your the boy who brought her in. Are you her boyfriend?" Liza shot up and blushed looking at the nurse. "No. no! He's my partner." The nurse looked at Ryu and back at Liza.

"Hmm for how worried he seemed I would have thought you two were together. Guess a partnership can be pretty much the same thing, except more boring." Liza looked at the nurse not know what she meant by that. The nurse just seemed to laugh. "You can leave in an hour when I print out some forms for your parents Elizabeth." Shaking her head she watched the nurse close the curtain but not being giving me and Ryu a wink before she left. "Try not to have to much fun you two." Then she left, Liza still not understanding what she meant.

Ryu blinked and looked at the nurse, blushing profusely as she left. Don't have too much fun you two~ Her words rang through his head. "O-Okay..." was all he mustered. She knew exactly what she meant and he did not know what to say or do about it. "Oh! I-I'm not her boy-" he started but realized she was already gone. He turned back to Liza, still blushing, as he looked at her. "Well, looks like I-I didn't hurt you too bad...."

Liza stared at his blushed face not really understanding why the nurses words had him flustered. "It would take more than a stab wound to stop me. Do you know where my pants are? I wanna get dressed and leave the moment she says it's okay."

He nods and stands up, going outside the curtains to obtain her pants, which were draped atop a nearby chair. He walks back inside the curtains and holds them up, handing them to Liza. "Here you go, but you should listen to what she says." he said softly.

Getting up she grabbed her pants and slowly slipped one leg in then looked at him. "What is it?" She asked looking a little worried.

He looked at her and saw her worried face and held his hands up. "Hey, don't look so worried." He said smiling a little. "She just wants you to rest up a bit okay? Don't just jump back into the game, when you are injured. It could get worse." he said as he scratched his head. "I for one, don't want you getting hurt."

Finishing putting her pants on she looked at herself in the mirror. Beautiful was the last thing she looked, combing her white hair with her fingers she found a leaf. Probably from when I ran down the mountain. Turning back to Ryu she looked at him. "Look I promise I will keep it low this weekend but come Monday I will be back in that training room and your ass better be there!" The door opened again and the nurse pulled the curtain back.

"Damn and I was practicing my busted look. Not even a kiss?" She looked at Ryu then at Liza. The most boring couple I have had in here for a while. Passing the papers to Liza she told her she could go but to get the paperwork signed by a parent and to bring it back. "Remember if the stitches start to itch come see me again. Till then come back in two weeks and I will take the stitches out for you. Ryu, you are driving her home right? I gave her pain medication, she's leaning from side to side. Driving is not safe, also I am aware this partnership is new, you have a lot to learn about each other. Like this Ryu, did you notice she was drugged up?" The look on Ryu's face said no. "Didn't think so learn her body language. She lies a lot about how she feels, he body give her away. Also Liza did you know that Ryu hates it when people know how he's feeling more than you do? Learn, study, and you will do well. Now leave, Liza no driving." Liza slowly walked out of the infirmary shoes in hand. Nurse was right Liza was leaning to one side and her legs were shaking from trying to hold her body up. "I'm perfectly fine, I can drive."

Ryu laughed as the nurse spilled Liza's secrets, but then immediately blushed when she mentioned him. "I-I'm not her...boyfriend!" he grumbled as he nodded. "And of course I'm driving, I knew she was drugged up....." he lied as he took her arm. "Come on...let's go." he said as he watched her carefully. "And you are most definitely not driving Liza, okay?" he said, trying to be as calm as ever.

Liza got dragged to her car. "You want my keys you'll have to pry it out of my cold dead hands." She glared at him as if try me, not even aware herself she was wobbling and leaning on one side. She looked hurt to all except her.

Ryu smirked and looked at her. "Keep it up, I can arrange that~" he said as he moved quickly and suddenly, grabbing the keys from her hands. "Now," he said as he opened the door like a gentlemen. I mean, it is how he was raised after all. "Get in the car, and I'll take you home." he said as he looked at her, watching her carefully.

Sighing angrily she listened and got in the car wobbling, crossing her arms as she sat there. Watching him walk around the care she glared at him. Not really angry with him, but with the whole situation and be put on bed rest. When he got in Liza put her address into the gps. "Just follow it. I live kind of far away, it's a 45 min drive. You sure you want to do this?"

He smiles and nods. "I'm the reason you are like this at the moment." He says softly. "I would be honored to do this for you~" he says as he starts the car and pulls off onto the road, following the GPS. And besides, you actually give a fuck about me. he thought, not daring saying it aloud. He was never one to share his feelings much, being that he trust no one, but maybe...that could change. His purple eyes gleamed as he drove.

Leaning against the window she found herself shivering. The weather was changing, and it was getting colder. "Hey do you have a sweater with you? I would turn the heat on but I don't want to kill you with heat. I remember you saying once in class you hated heat or something close to that."

He shakes his head. "No, I don't really...own sweaters...: he chuckles blushing. "And yeah, I hate external heat, due to the fact my body temperature is naturally higher than most, but I can use my body temperature to heat the car up a bit if you'd like~" He says smiling as he looks at her, coming to a red light.

Holding herself she pulled her knees up and went into a little ball on the passengers side resting her head on the door. Looking at him she nodded her head. "Using your fire element right?" She rubbed her nose cupping her hands and breathing hot air on them. "I'm afraid being wind and water makes me colder than most."

He nods and smiles as he starts to drive, getting closer to Liza's home. He let his powers loosen up a bit, his warmth spreading throughout the car as he sighed slightly. It felt good when he did that, it cooled his body down just a little bit, which to him was great~ "How's that for you?" he asked. "Too hot?"

Without really thinking she leaned toward the warmth resting her head on his shoulder wrapping her arms around his arms shaking feeling him tense and jump. Liza just pushed it off as her hands were too cold for his warmth. A few minutes went by and the shaking stopped. Her eyes closed she just enjoyed being warm for once. Liza was always cold, she couldn't help it. Being two cold elements always left her cold.

Ryu blushed immensely but said nothing as he let her rest. As long as she is okay, I'm okay. he thought to himself as he drove. He was about 15 minutes away from her home, and then he could head back....to his home.

Opening her eyes she continued to cling to him, yes she was a little embarrassed but the warmth was so nice she put that aside to keep that warmth close. Over the dash board she saw her mansion sized home in the distance, looking up she at Ryu she became embarrassed. Liza hated people knowing where she lived, even worse, who her parents were. Ryu parked in front of the house and she looked at him staring at the house. Letting go of his arm she opened the door and cold air hit her hard immediately causing her to shake. Clutching herself she wobbled out of the car, finding herself clutching to the care dizzy from getting up to quickly. Leaning against the car she clutched her side as pain shot through her, she leaned on the wrong side. Gripping to the car her back to Ryu her not wanting to see her in pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.