Fire and Air...Coming Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryu smiled as Brad invoked his earth abilities. Around his fist, the earth basically formed a glove, made of solid stone. "I hope you're ready for a fight Ryu." Brad says with a smirk, though clearly worried about the flames. Ryu said nothing, he just moved. He went in for the attack, moving quickly and silently as Brad charged. Brad through a wild punch at Ryu, who dodged, having it only graze his arm as he drops low and swings his leg around for a strong kick, encased in flames. He shouted as the kick landed with all his might, which was much much more than his punches. Brad flew back, crashing into the school walls with a crushing blow as the wall seemed to just exploded and crumble before him. Ryu cracked his neck smirking. "Like I said, I'm gonna enjoy this." he whispered softly.

Liza jumped down on the scene panting. "Ryu!" She yelled going righ up to him. Without even thinking she starting patting him on his chest and touching him to see if he was hurt anywhere. "Are you hurt anywhere?" She asked caressing his side for a wound. "What's going over here?" She looked up at him confused and conserned.

Ryu yelled out, not even noticing Liza as he swung blindly, his anger having more control over him and clouding his thoughts. He swung with all his might knocking the warrior girl far to his side, and quite painfully too. "Stay out of my way!" he yelled, his voice ringing out. "I want to end this, right here and right now! And I intend to make sure I get what I want!" He starts to advance towards a now cowering, bleeding Brad. "H-Hey...stay away dammit..." he said shaking. His friends were long gone, not wanting to get caught up in the flames. Ryu laughed, "What's wrong Brad~? I thought you wanted to settle this?!" He raised his hands, holding three throwing knives, all ignited between his fingers.

Gritting her teeth she got up, and ran for Ryu righting right in front of his path she used her wind to create a force field to block the knives from hitting Brad. If Ryu killed him Ryu would be kicked out of school, dropping the field when she heard the clinking of the knives fall to the ground she looked right up him. Swirling the wind around her she threw herself at him at the speed of sound and tackled him to the ground, she heard him make a horrible grunting sound that she knew she knocked the wind out of him. Straddling his arms under her legs she held him tight under her, lifting a fist to punch him she started to wobble. Everything was getting kind of dizzy, looking down she saw one of his knives in her stomach. "Ryu..." And with that she fell forward blanketing him as her world went black.

Ryu growled before he was suddenly tackled to the ground. He coughed and lost his breathe as he looked up, seeing Liza holding him down. In the heat of the moment, Brad had ran off. Ryu's eyes went wide as he noticed Liza starting to slump over and the knife in her stomach. "Liza??" he asked nervously. He didn't want her hurt. His eyes return to their normal purple hue but he didn't know what to do. "H-Hey hold on...." he stuttered

The world around her was coming too, shapes and bright lights were everywhere causing Liza to feel pain behind her eyes. Lifting a hand up she tried to block out the horrible light looking around she saw that she was in the infirmary. Lifting herself up she felt as if she was going to vomit, the dizziness was horrible the poor girl felt as if she had spent the night in a spinning fun house. Then pain shot up her so quickly, grabbing on to her side she let out a cry of pain and fell back on to the pillow. Looking around she tried to see if anyone was here, and with a dry cracked sound she whispered. "Anyone?"

Ryu had been sitting across from her bed whilst she laid in the infirmary. He didn't move until she would come too. He looked over at her when he heard her speak. "Hey..." was all he said softly, his arms crossed. He didn't look at her, not wanting to. "The nurse stepped out for a bit....so...I didn't leave." was all he said his voice dull.

Looking around she saw the water on the counter, pointing at it she whispered please. Hoping Ryu would give her some, for her dry throat that was starting to hurt.

Ryu looked over at her and noticed she was pointing at the water. He stood and grabbed the cup for her, moving her hand down. "Here let me, it's the least I can do I guess." he said softly as he held the cup to her lips.

Sipping slowly at the water she enjoyed the cold feeling of the water going down. Finally taking some deep breaths she started to get off the bed when Ryu stopped her. "It's fine, it's just a flesh wound." Forcing herself to get up against his push. "Really, I'll be fine. I've probably wasted a day that I could have been training." She looked up at him with sadness and determination in her eyes.

He looked at her. "As.....as your partner, I'm asking you to rest a bit." he says softly. "You don't have to spend all your time training ya know?" he said with a small smile. Unfortunately he didn't notice the small blush he now sported too.

Looking at him she tried to push past him again, after a few tries she knew that Ryu was not going to let her through. "Fine..." She said a little annoyed and sat back on the bed as he wrapped the blanket around her again. "So what? I just sit here and get fat? What am I one of those pathetic cheerleaders." Crossing her arms she pouted at the fact that she wasn't getting her way with this one. Looking down she saw that she was wearing a different shirt. "Who's shirt is this?" Asking looking around for her clothing. It wasn't really until he noticed the new shirt she saw she wasn't wearing pants either. Causing her to blush a deep crimson. Why am I only noticing now? Idiot!

He laughed slightly, as he sat on the edge of her bed carefully. "It's one of my shirts. " he says with a smile. "I figured you didn't wanna keep yourself in bloody clothing so I ran to the gym and grabbed one of my extra shirts." he says blushing. "I didn't change you nor take your pants off though. I let the nurse handle that part" he said blushing more

Turning red she looked away. "Uhh, thanks... partner.." She said not really knowing what to do now. "I'm guessing the nurse stitched me up too? Any organs hit? How many stitches?" She asked.

He nodded. "Yeah she did." he said noticing her face turn red. "No organs were hit but you got 7 stitches." he said as he looked out the window. After a brief silence he turned back to her. "Look....I'm really sorry and....I'm just an idiot for what I did." he said

Liza looked him dead straight in the eye, not even holding back the intensity. "Your a fire element. Most fire elements tend to be hot heads. I don't blame you I blame Brad for pushing you to the deep end."Turning her head she continued to stare at him with her intense silver eyes. "But you really should control that." The way those words came out were not taunting or demeaning in any sense. In a way the words held a silkiness to them that had a under tone of care. "That could get you into a lot of trouble."

He nods. "Yeah I know. I tend to get that a lot" he chuckles scratching his head. He yawns as he goes back to looking outside. He wasn't sure what else to say, especially since he was lost in thought.

Looking at him she noticed he seemed to have something on his mind. Putting a hand on his shoulder she said softly to him, "Are you alright? What's bothering you?" They were partners it was important that she knew how felt, in case it ever backfired on them later, but always she really was just curious.

He looked at her and sighed. "I'm just wondering.... Will this even work?" he asked. "You're a beast when it comes to being a warrior. I have the fighting skills of a child, with the temper to match." he says softly. "I am a primary elemental, yet you have mastered two elements whilst I have my original one." he goes back to looking outside as he sighs. "I just wonder, why am I even in this school? Maybe my pare-" he stopped, shutting up. He never talked to anyone before, how could he trust anyone, especially when he had no one to trust before hand anyway. "Nevermind." was all he mumbled.

Liza continued to look at him watching him carefully she never would have thought from the way he presented himself that he would be the type to feel this way. Pretty much all the reason she fought so hard to stay so high up in the school. Looking at him as gently as she could she moved a piece of hair from his face. "Listen, I do't know what your home life is like. But I do know that if you continue to think that way, you are never going to get better." Cupping his face in her hands she looked at him gently. "Where a team now and we stick by our own. I'm going to train you. You are going to end up the top of the class in no time at all. We will be unstoppable force. I see the way you move, I small and even I do not move as gracefully as you do, your defense is off the charts, and that is what we need." She moved another hair on his face that were covering his eyes, looking into them she blushed, very noticeable. That was when she realized how close his face was. His breath was practically on her cheek. Dropping her hands she looked the other way. "We can do this..." She mumbled. "Together..."

Status
Not open for further replies.