Fire and Air...Coming Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
As she spoke, Ryu's eyes were slowly darkening with anger, before he saw her hand waiting for his to connect. He sighed and looked at her, mentally calming himself down. "Yeah, that's fine by me." he says softly, taking her hand in a handshake, to seal the deal. He looked towards the punching bag and smiled softly. "I guess I can use some work on my strength." he said as he cracked his knuckles before swinging a punch towards the bag. The impact was loud, no doubt. It actually showed he had a lot more strength than he was given credit, but still it was enough to do more than throw the bag back and swing it make forward. Definitely not at the level of Liza.

Liza laughed, "You have power that for sure but your using it in the wrong place." She stepped toward him signing that she was going to touch him. Grabbing his shoulders she turned his body slightly and kicked his legs apart a bit more. "When you swing use your back focus more of the power here." She caressed his shoulder blade and side. "So when you swing tilt your whole body into it starting from your back and the power should be more focused instead of just flying around." She imitated the motion slowly to demonstrate what it should look like. "Now try."

Ryu's body tensed when she touched him. He never had anyone per say touch him before... Unless you counting get punched or stuff like that, and hell, definitely not by a girl! He closes his eyes and tries to relax himself as he follows her instructions. With a grunt, he throws another punch at the bag, which seemed to work slightly better, for the bag flew back, chains creaking as they strained to stay connected in the support beam in the ceiling. "How....How was that?" he whispered softly. It hit his pride hard that he had to be taught this, like a child. But....on the other hand, he felt somewhat happy that someone was even interacting with him... Even if it was somewhat against their will.

Liza smiled and patted him on the bag. "That was ten times better, lets keep working on it." Walking to the other side of the bag she punched it as hard as she could as it quickly swung and hit Ryu sending him back a few steps. "Wow, good job. Your build like a rock.. but you really shouldn't have moved at all." Looking at him she put a hand on her hip. "Lets play a game. You have to stand right here." Grabbing his arm she pulled him in front of the punching bag. "Okay I'm gonna stand on the other side and punch it with everything I have and you have to dodge and punch it back the first person to move there foot loses." Liza waited to see if got it then planted her feet firmly on the ground. Winding up she punched the bag so hard as if it weighed about 10 lbs it went flying toward Ryu.

Ryu blinked and nodded at the instructions as suddenly the bag was flying towards him. He leaned back, the bag just missing him as he swung back up and threw a punch at it, sending it flying back to Liza. Not with as much force, but it was decent enough. If there was one thing Ryu had, was swiftness and speed. Dodging was something he could do like no tomorrow. "Coming back at you~" he said softly, with a hint....of happiness in his voice.

Liza watched him carefully dodge the bag and punch it back at her. He looked like a kid in the school play yard from how he looked. He seemed to be having more fun then training. The bag came back at her quickly she prepared herself fist in the air, using a bit of her element she really wanted to test him. Air swirled around her fist as the bag made a connection with her. With a quick punch the chain broke and the bag went flying at him until it smack right into him. Liza opened her eyes to see if he fell.

Ryu's eyes flashed as the bag came hurling back towards him. He heard the chain snap off as he readied himself. His fist balled up as he shifted his weight slightly, before throwing his punch, a yell of enthusiasm coming from within his body. As his fist flew, flames began to flow as he punched straight through the bag, roughly slicing it in half, as the two halves burned away. He stood there, smiling softly. "How's that....?" he asked, then quickly tried to put his smile away.

Liza had to blink a few times to make sense of what just happened. The bag was all over the place, the insides spread along the floor. In a single punch he broke it in half. Smiling she looked at him. "Not bad." She said putting her hand on her hips. When a teacher came in and looked around horrified.
"Clean... This... Up." Is all she could form while looking at them.

Ryu huffed as he looked at the teacher. "Fine, I was.... We were just having some training time." he whispered as he walked over and bent down to pick up the mess. Inward he smiled at Liza's comment. I wonder if she is just doing this out of self pity though... Ryu sighed as the thought crossed his mind.

Liza went to grab a broom and started sweeping the area, handing Ryu the dust pan. When they finally got everything cleaned up Liza dragged a punching bag to the room. "Here you think you can lift this and hook it up?" She asked him. Liza may be strong but she was still a girl and a giant punching bag was heavy.

Ryu nodded. "I'm alot stronger than I look you know." he said plainly. "Don't underestimate me." he stated as he lifted the bag with a huff of breath. He held it on his shoulders as he lifted higher to place it on the chains, hanging from the ceiling. "There~" he said breathing slightly. "All set and ready to go." He looked over at her. "But before we start I have a question for you." He said sticking his hands into his pockets.

Watching him put the bag on Liza looked him over completely now. He did look very muscular, maybe there was more than meets the eye he was also kind of handsome she could see why girl went for him. When he spoke she was put off guard hoping he did not notice she was staring a light blush came to her pale skin. Shaking her head she looked at the wall for a second and back at him. "Yes?"

Was she staring...? Nah, she isn't one of those types of girls. he thought as he began to speak. "Ummm.... Why exactly haven't you found a partner yet?" he asked. "You're a great fighter, yo have potential to make anyone look great. Yet...you are always alone." he says, fighting back the words Like me.

She looked up leaning against the broom thinking about it for a second. Looking back at him she continued to trying and find the vest answer for this question. Finally with out hesitation she responded. "Probably the same reasons you are.."

He blushed slightly, but immediately tried to hide it crossing his arms and looking away. "W-What are you talking about...?" he declared. "I'm not alone because I have to be, I choose to have no partner.... I.....I can handle everything....on my own." he whispered softly, a pang of sadness in his voice. "As I always have..." he says. After standing in silence for a bit, Ryu looked at Liza and smiled, most likely fake, but smiled none the less as he looked at her. "Come on~ Isn't there...anything else you want to teach me?" he asked, wanting to get off the subject.

"School ends soon, I'm probably just going to go for a run." Putting the broom away she walked past him and go to the door. "You can come if you want.." She knew he felt way to ashamed to admit it but she wasn't going to push on it. Walking back to the main training hall she grabbed her bag and stayed in her gym shorts that were probably to short for school but no one seemed to really mind it. "I'll meet you at the front of the school in ten minutes." Walking out she was glared at by some Ryu fans who were probably pissed that she was his partner. Paying not mind she walked to her locker and put her bag away stopping by a vending machine to get a water. Finally heading to the front of the school to meet Ryu. Twenty minutes went by and he still wasn't there. Is he standing me up?

Ryu blushed as he found himself staring at Liza as she walked away. Man...she is really.... Wait....No shut up Ryu! He thought in his head as he grabbed his bag to get ready to meet her. He didn't realize how long he was taking as he packed everything up, and place everything in the gm in order...or at least the stuff he crashed earlier. "I guess I'll go run with her...." he said softly, though he was worried he would have....thoughts again. As he was walking out towards the front door, he was suddenly tackled and thrown through it, crashing into a parked car. Ryu groaned as he tried to situp, wondering who the hell that was. "God, I just can't get a break today huh?" He mumbled as he coughed blood. "I'm going to kick your ass Ryu!" a familiar, yet annoying voice rang out. Brad walked out with a few of his 'goonies', but he seemed really pissed. "What's wrong? Did I accidentally take your hair gel?" Ryu snickered, but still coughed. Brad growled and grabbed Ryu by the throat. "Thanks to you, I've been suspended from the football team for 3 weeks! AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT RYU!" he shouts, punching him back into the car.

She waited for a few more minutes when he never showed she decided he really did not want to go a little hurt she head on to the trail behind the school. Thinking that maybe this partnership wasn't going to work after all, which in a way made Liza really sad and she hated that. Why the fuck should she care what this guy thought of her? Yet, in the middle of her run a single tear came from her eye.

Brad and his friends laughed as they pummeled Ryu into the ground. "I'm going to make you regret the day you decided to come to this school!" he yelled as he punched Ryu in the guts, causing him to cough up more blood. Eventually they slowed their assault, when they noticed how quiet Ryu was. "Is....Is he dead?" one of the stupid friends asked. Brad laughed, "Shut up you idiot." Brad said harshly as he kicked the seemingly lifeless body of Ryu once more. "He just passed out, probably pissed himself too." he laughs. Brad turned around to leave before suddenlya tower of flames erupted around them, which could be seen far and wide. "Oh no, I was just waiting for you to be done Brad~" Ryu said, smiling. "Now...it's my turn to have some fun."

It felt like a while that Liza was running, up hill was a lot harder than her usual run. When she got to the top she was able to see the whole school from the top of the hill. It was really a beautiful scenery, green everywhere you looked and the school and all its castle beauty stood strong an tall. Taking a sip of her water she looked around. In the corner of her eye she noticed something weird. A group of people were all standing around beating some guy, after a minutes of looking she noticed that it was Ryu. He was on the floor, immediately anger went through Liza. Wind blew all around her in a storm, one minute she was there the next using her wind powers to run as fast as she could hoping to make it there in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.