Finding Things When You Aren't Looking For Them

Eliza gave her grandfather a large hug when she spotted him. He was tall and thin and had a long beard and ever since she was little, she'd taken to calling him Gandalf or Dumbledore. The ride to her grandparents' house was filled with idle chit-chat but Eliza couldn't get Elvira out of her mind. As they pulled up the drive way, the blonde decided she'd call the pretty girl sometime tomorrow. She didn't want to come off too strong and the girl already had plans and Eliza didn't want to push.

The next day, Elvira was back on the train again, just deciding to have a travel day, with no particular destination in mind. She curled up in the same compartment as yesterday, with a new book this time. As she read, a smile tugged at the corners of her mouth because she kept remembering the gorgeous girl Eliza from the previous day, and wondering if she would ever hear from her again.

Around noon the next day Eliza decided to try calling Elvira. She figured it wouldn't come across as desperate. She hoped. Grabbing her phone, she flipped it open and scrolled through her contacts list. Stopping at the blue haired girl's number, she took a deep breath a hit "Call"

"Hey, Elvira? It's Eliza, the girl from yesterday." She tugged at her hair, "Are you busy today? Did you wanna hang out or something?"

Elvira's phone rang, and she picked it up. Unknown Caller, the screen flashed up. Curious however, she answered it. Her eyes lit up when she heard Eliza, and she replied, "Y-yeah. I'd love to hang out. I'm on the train now headed for where we went yesterday, so I should be there in about ten minutes." She couldn't stop smiling like an idiot at the thought of hanging out with the hottest girl she had ever seen in her life.

"Okay. I'll see you soon then." Clicking the phone shut, Eliza let a squeal and jumped up and down before taking a breath. Walking out of the house, she told her grandparents where she was headed and left, making it to the train station in good time. Biting her lip she paced as she waited for the train to pull in.

As the train pulled into the station, Elvira grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder as she headed off the train. She jumed down onto the platform, and looked around her. Almost instantly she caught sight of the pretty girl across the way. Her heart skipped a beat, and she tried to control herself as she approached. She shyly tapped Eliza on the shoulder from behind. "Hi."

Eliza spun around when she felt someone tap her shoulder, a smile spread on her lips when she saw it was Elvira. "Hey! How're you?" she asked, before biting her lip when she felt a blush rise to her cheeks. The other girl was so cute! "I hope I'm not bothering you by asking you to hang out with me today."

"It's fine - I'm actually really happy that you called." Elvira smiled shyly, and pulled her bag up over her shoulder. "So, what did you have in mind? We could get something to eat?"

Eliza thought for minute, "Sure," she smiled, "my treat, okay?" She blew her bangs out of her face and grinned. "So where did'ja wanna go? There's this great diner nearby we could go to if you want."

"That sounds good." Elvira smiled and they began to walk towards the diner. Elvira played with the sleeve of her hoodie as she walked, a habit she had picked up as a young child. "How are you liking staying with your grandparents?"

Eliza smiled, "Okay, c'mon, it's this way." Leading Elvira out of the station and down the street, the blonde thought of her new friend's (were they friends?) question. "It's nice, they're actually really cool." She blushed, "I like staying with them more then my parents sometimes." she admitted

"Same here. I prefer to spend as little time at home as possible, since my parents are a bit homophobic." Elvira softly replied, and brushed her long blue hair out of her face. Why had she even dyed it in the first place, she wondered to herself absent-mindedly.

Eliza made a face, "Your parents suck then." she told the blue haired girl. "At least my parents didn't make a big deal out of me coming out. I mean they don't like it, but as long as I don't talk about it, they can ignore it and that suits us all fine."