Finding Paradise: Street Rats

Serento was tired of hearing the group, he was the one who had gotten the hell chewed out of him,he was the one who went to check on him first, he was the one who stood up to Reagan, but most of all he was the only damn person who apologized for his ignorance. "Reagan I apologized for me, not them. I can't help what they say, but I will say this; you took me in and gave me a home and friends. You were the one who helped feed us, and most of all lead us in times of need. You act bossy for one reason you are the boss. Where you go I will follow."

"And that was taken. I don't care if they choose to leave or stay, it's their go. But hear me out on this; I will not take anyone back who just throws away what i've tried to do for them. yeah, we've all faced our own personal hell, but they choose to take it out on others, even those who are trying to help them. So yeah, they are ungrateful gits that I really really don't have the patience or the time to deal with right now. they want to say sorry? That's fine, but they won't be accepted back with full family values. In fact, fuck family. there is no such thing. you think after such a long time of abuse from my parents and so called brothers i'd have learned that by now," he replied and continued to walk. 'Trust nobody, keep walking.' Those were his street teacher's last words before he disappeared. He'd not really understood it; now he did.

"My father beat me within the inch of my life, then shot himself.I woke an found him." Serento muttered the words, he almost couldn't say the, "I still have nightmares, my mom died at my birth I was blamed, my faimly blamed me."

"I'm sorry to hear that, truley I am," Reagan replied. He'd been rejected by almsot everyone he knew since he was little so he really had no social skills. it was part of the reason why he acted the way he did. he was so independant and would never change from that. After almost thirteen years of having it drilled into your head that you would be alone and had to fend for yourself it was a hard habit to break.

"When I left, I never told anyone. I started hearing they said I killed him. I hated my father but I wouldn't kill him." Serento looked close to tears but the wouldn't come. They never did. Serento sighed "My family abandoned me,blamed me. I needed someone or something. Thats when you found me. I always looked up to you, always wanted to be like you. The group in a whole has been through hell, but our past before we all got together is what made us how we are now."

"What we are now? The group is split up because of these two idiots that can't get over themselves! they think that just because someone makes one mistake it gives them the right to treat others like shit! they put themselves higher then anybody else without even a word of what they are doing! No, once and for all I am done with people like them. I wanted to take all of you to paradise, but some I don't even believe deserve it," he replied bitterly. he looked at Serethro. "But I do believe that you do."

"You asked where are we now, I think we are still together. this was the group all along, I mean Koinu was my friend but you Reagan are my brother whether you like it or not. Leona , you shot him but in the end you helped save him. So I want to say I am glad you are here." SERENTO smiled and gave them both a friendly hug.

((I get it. If I misspell a name, tell me via OCC, not through caps. I can't see all that well and I make mistkes like any other person))

He looked at his friend and smiled. "Same here," he replied as they neared the train station. There were not that many people at the station tonight which was good and bad. the more there were the bigger chances of being caught but the less there were the well, you could get caught easy then too.

(Sorry, I wasn't mad. I noticed it looked like they were turning to Serenthro.)

Serento smiled"Well whatever we do, it needs to be fast. Trains never stay very long." Serento used to listen on the roof, the trains would come and go allot. He didn't wanna wait for another.

((It's alright. I'm a bit snarky because I'm worried and I apologize. How do you pronounce the name btw?))

Reagan nodded as one came to a stop. The guards weren't around and reagan slipped into one, followed by Leona and he waited for Serento. he knew that these trains only gave one a certain time to board, and he wanted to make sure everyone in his new little splinter group would be on it.

(Serento--- (Sir-ren-toe) I came up with the name myself.)

Serento got on quickly but not before looking for guards. He didn't see any which scared him even more. "Where are the guards?" He whispered to Reagan "Its like they all dissapeared."

Lillian spotted Serento and Reagan walking south, but didn't bother to follow them. She kept on walking as she zipped up the battered grey jacket she had, since the night was beginning to be a bit more chilly than earlier. She let out a sigh when she saw a man walking down the street towards her direction, with a business suit, and a small grin appeared on her face.

Sneakily, Lillian grabbed the wallet with the tips of her fingers from the man's pockets, obviously not feeling that his wallet was no longer there. Before he would notice, she ran off north, where she was heading to for the first time in three years.

((Coolz. I came up with my character's name (not Reagan) Kahleel (Ka-ah-lee-el) Knight a while ago. Though I found a Youtube show that had a character named Kahleel, which was really weird))

He looked at Sereto. "It's late at night, they don't freqent the subways as they usually do," he replied as the doors closed and the train took off. Reagan took a seat, intent on sleeping for a while. Leona curled up next to him, snuggling against his side. he didn't stop her, he was too tired.

Serento sat down, his eyes grew heavier by the second and he fell asleep. Serento's dream took the same turn as he relived the moment his father died.

Reagan's mind went blank as he slept. he'd gotten used to blocking out his past and it's memories. He left his past within the past, never really bringing it up. In fact, Seretro was the first to really hear what his past looked like. Leona shifted on him a little.

A few hours passed and reagan woke to daylight. They had arrived in Fairview. "Seretro, leona, come one," he woke them. his stomach burned with hunger.

Serento woke without much struggle, he had learned to get up fast. Serento reached in his pocket, he had a few pieces of jerky in his pocket enough for two people "Reagan here." He handed him the jerky "For you and her." Serento put on his hood an walked.

Reagan looked at the jerky then at Leona. He didn't eat any of the hot dogs that he'd brought back and was famished. He ate the jerky and thanked Seretho. he walked beside him with leona on the other side trying to eat the jerky. "Chewy stuff really," she said.

"Hey you'd really be amazed at what I have ate before, when you are hungry you get what ya can." Serento followed slowly, he felt better and his body felt healed but he wasn't going to test it.

Lillian let out a breath as she finally appeared in the abandoned cathedral, staring at the beatened building. "Such a long time," She whispered.

Leona looked at Serento. "Thank you though," she said roughly swallowing the jerky. Reagan looked at and then back to where they were heading. "Come on, let's see if we can find a way to get money," he said.