Finding Paradise: Street Rats

Serento was on the roof above the alley, he heard Reagan and Leona talking and when he heard Reagan stand to leave he stood up looking down towards Reagan "I think you know damn well I don't put myself on a pedestal. I didn't listen to you, because It was you who taught us that this is family and you do whatever you can to help family. I know you were mad, so was I and I am sorry."

he was startled by serentro's voice. "What the hell? What are you, a shadow walker?!" he'd been startled so bad that his heart was racing. He looked away and sighed. "You guys always seem to get mad when I do something. I know I made a mistake and I am sorry but I don't think that i am right for this group anymore. As stated, I'm not wanted here by many people. Maybe you guys can become a better family without me in the picture," he wanted the best for them and if that meant leaving so be it.

"Reagan you are a pain in the ass, you are annoying at times, also you scare the hell outta me, but if it wasn't for you half the group would be dead, in jail, or just plain not doing anything. You are the reason I have a place called home, it isn't much but it is mine. If you leave I will follow you, even if I am the only one. " Serento went to the ladder and climbed down to the ground " Look we may not be blood, but you are my brother. At times I do dumb things but its to help us out. Sometimes you tell us to stay put, but in the end you know we won't because we no that our family is out there, and that anything...anything could happen."

Roxanne was sitting down cross legged in their 'home', unaware of the fact that their family was being torn apart. She had the strips of her blanket in front of her, folded neatly and ready to be used for wounds. What was taking them so long? It had her worried for them but the sirens in the distance made her want to stay put. She was such a chicken, and she knew it. Roxanne sighed heavily and put her head in her hands, rubbing her temples. After a long time of thinking she stood up and decided to go out and search for the others. The yelling in the distance was unnerving since the voices were familiar. Ideas of what was happening flitted through her mind. But Roxanne was determined to figure out what happened to them.

((whoa, talk about a trip. Your name change and avatar scared the shit outta me XD Thought someone else was homing in on the roleplay without signing up))

Reagan gave Serentro a half smile. "And your a pain in my ass too. But I'm still heading off; those who want to join me may. I'm going to find that place everyone is calling Paradise," he replied and started walking again. He knew this was a touchy subject and that most people would think him mad when he said he was going there. Leona's eyes widened. "Great, we are following a hot headed crack pot," she mumbled under her breath as she followed Reagan. she knew he wanted to find a certain place but had no idea he was looking for 'Paradise'. There was no such thing! But if this is what it took to get out of the city then it was fine by her.

Koinu had followed Serento up to the roof, and he stayed put, watching the conversation from afar. But he couldn't bring himself to forgive Reagan that easily, he just couldn't. He was still furious with Reagan for getting so mad after the rest of them had saved his life. Koinu knew he'd calm down after a little while, but even if he did follow Reagan, he felt like things might not ever be quite the same again.

Serento smiled " To paradise then, where ever that may be." Serento followed Reagan but looked at the roof were koinu was. He smiled and started toward Reagans direction. "Where.. what the hell is paradise?" He muttered to himself.

Reagan walked on, unsure of where to start looking. "We'll head to the train station and board the train bound for Las Vegas. after that I figured we could go where ever you guys think we could find paradise," he knew it was real. It had to be; there couldn't be life like this out there permentaly. Leona looked at serenthro. "Do you know if there is such thing as Paradise?" she asked.

Serento looked at Leona "I don't know exactly, but I do know that we will be sure when we have found it." Serento smiled and kept walking . He wasn't sure if such a place existed. Let alone be found.

"Hmph, serves you right," Koinu muttered to himself. "The pack's only as good as its weakest link..." He made his way back down the fire escape until he was safely on the ground, and started back towards the alleyway, hood up over his head and hands in his pockets. What would the others say if he returned alone...?

Watching the guys on the roof, Ivory fiddled below with her previous work. The screwdriver in her hand, falling to pieces itself- and making Ivory grunt stubbornly. Tools. She could never find any that were of any decent quality- actually, that weren't already blown to smithereens. When They mentioned the word 'paradise', she jerked violently. With a slip if the tool, blood started pouring from a gash on her hand. Was that what they needed to get? 'Paradise?' Setting down her contraption on the floor next to her, she searched her pockets with her free hand and came up with nothing- suddenly realising she had given the bandages away. Fudge...

"I think I remember somebody telling me about it before. He went off to find it and I never saw em again," Leona had a southern accent to her, sometimes it was hard to understand her. She continued walking behind Reagan, who was silent. No, Reagan was thinking about Koinu. He'd never really like him; he was a stuck up know it all that took his past problems out on others. He never understood why he'd let him join them. He sure the hell wouldn't now; the way he saw it, Koinu was a threat to the gang due to his temper and childish ways.

{I'm changing to third person.}

Lillian was walking next to Reagan, with Leona at the other side of him. Lillian was keeping her silence until she began shaking her head in disgrace. "How could be like this, Reagan?" Lillian told Regan in a strained voice. "We were trying to help you and you yell at us? The bullet that hit you in your leg would've caused a hemorrhage, and you would've died. We saved your life and you treat us like this?" Lillian said and shook her head once more. "That's bullshit, Reagan."

"No, you know what's bullshit? You bringing the whole fucking thing up again. People make mistakes, unless you think your a fucking goddess! If you don't like me then get the fuck away from me! I'm not going to put up with anymore of it! I told you guys to stay back for a reason. You act as if you guys have done nothing wrong when you guys have on multiple occasions but I let it slide!" he rounded on her, fury burning within his eyes. "I've done a lot for everyone in my care, but if I make one mistake you guys jump down my throat and won't let it go to the point to where I don't even have a chance to apologize!" he looked away then back, "so if you don't want to stay with us, then fine. Go. But if you are, shut up and keep walking."

Koinu reached the alleyway and sat down in his usual spot in silence. He didn't bother meeting the eyes of whoever was there, he was too busy being mad at the world for treating him like this. Like trash. Even Reagan. "The others ran off without me," he announced to whoever would listen. "I dunno where they're going, and I don't care. Reagan's a massive jerk. End of story."

Maybe it was time he tried to find a foster family. He was getting tired of this bullshit.

Reagan's eyes weren't just pure anger, they were pain too. He'd hardly been given a break, even for trying his hardest to please everyone. There were nights he went without eating because he made sure everyone else was fed. There were nights he shivered in the cold because he gave his blankets to someone else so they'd be warm....he had done good things for them and they had thrown all hat in his face. And because he made one mistake. 'So much for family, you can't trust anybody. There is no such thing,' he thought bitterly to himself.

A scowl formed on Lillian's face. "A fucking goddess? I've been doing shit for you since day one, you asshole!" Fierce anger spread on her face, her hands forming into fists. "You act like the boss of everyone because you 'took us in.' That doesn't mean that you can treat everyone like shit!" She yelled at him and her hand flew at Reagan's face, a loud slap sounding. Reagan's cheek had a large cut, bright red surrounding the wound.

Lillian ran off, her thin legs taking her fast away from everyone.

Anger raged through him, and before she was able to leave he spat, "You guys act as if you've never made a mistake! and if I've acted bossy it's because nobody fucking listens! And I haven't treated anyone like shit like you've said. I've taken care of all you sons of bitches and all you act like are needy greedy kids! I've had it, leave me now. I don't ever want to see you again, nor that Koinu guy. I don't need people telling me how many mistakes I make. Know that I did try to help you guys." as she slapped him, he sighed. another ignorant asshole that couldn't take a 'I'm sorry'. He looked away and continued. leona glared at thhe woman. "Well now, this group sure doesn't understand an attempt to apologize now do they?" she said cleaning the wound on Reagan's face.

((Reagan sure seems to get shit for making one mistake...))

((Not that i am complaining. I quite enjoy the conflict in this roleplay))

{Glad you like it. ;D}

Lillian simply rolled her eyes at Reagan, even though he wasn't able of seeing. What an asshole, he just loves to treat everyone like shit before he even thinks of the consequences, Lillian thought, anger still flowing through her. She let out a low sigh, and walked back to the base, even though she knew that she wasn't welcomed.

Walking in, everyone was peacefully sleeping, but she noticed the some of their lips were a bit blue, so she went towards the trashcan they had and put all of the sticks, plastics and napkins inside, and set them on fire. The fire blazed in red and blue, the color between a bright purple. Lillian looked around, letting the warmth wrap around her until she finally began taking the few things she had so she could leave. I know who to go to, ​She thought, and hoped that they would accept her in their care.

Taking a last glance at everyone, she walked out and began walking towards the way she had come from, not caring about Reagan or Leona seeing her.