Finding Our Way: Pray4me x Izurich

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well, she will be staying with me. She doesn't mind offering her room to guests, especially a new friend," Anselmo smiled as he exited the kitchen once the food was in the boiling water. "Grab your things and follow me."

Usar nodded and carried the chests to follow Anselmo. He looked behind him to check if El was following him, but instead all he saw was Pombo's nose rubbing against the back of his pants. Anselmo led them to the second floor that only held two rooms, his daughter's room on one side of the dark hall, and on the other a modest bathroom. These walls were stacked with bookshelves as well with a single glass chandelier hanging in the center.

He opened the bedroom slowly to reveal a room filled with treasures from around the room. The room was of different shades of reds and pinks thanks to different textures of wallpaper that hid the stone interior of the home. Shelves and dressers held the different trinkets that Anselmo collected for his daughter from his travels, all well taken cared of and free of dust. Most noticeable was a collection of dolls that sat on a tall, dark wood shelf. Most were female dolls in pretty dresses, all with long hair and glass eyes. But, scattered around were some male dolls in either a jumper outfit or an one piece.

But, the best doll of them all, rested peacefully on the centerpiece of the room, a canopy bed made from the reddest of woods. A sheer, golden clothe draped delicately from the canopy, parted slightly for those to see the middle of the bed. The bed had a plush, royal purple comforter, free of wrinkles that comforted the doll along with the dozens of assorted sized pillows that rested against the headboard.

The doll looked nearly lifelike. It was as large as an average four year old girl with porcelain skin that was glazed to be the exact coloring of Anselmo. She had long, jet black hair with side bangs that showed off a pair of green, emeralds eyes. Lips were pink and plump, fixed in a smile, with her cheeks rosy.

"Alma, we have guests," Anselmo smiled as he walked into the room with Usar following closely behind. "And a new friend. I hope you like her. I know you've been lonely for a while."

He gentle cradled the doll in her arms, staring lovingly into her eyes. He waited for El to enter the room before walking over to her.

"Little one, this is my daughter, Alma," he introduced her with a hint of sadness. "You may hold her if you want, but please be very careful if you do."

Usar stopped himself from dropping the chests. Instead, he placed them carefully on the ground.

"Her hair smells like yours," Usar pointed out to Anselmo. He shooed Pombo away and out the door.

Anselmo's lips quivered at Usar's words, but recovered with a soft smile. His thumb brushed along the doll's side as if calming her down.

"Yes, well," Anselmo began. "I'm not too surprised by that. Everything about her resembles me nearly perfectly. Please, get settled and then come downstairs for breakfast. After, we can figure out what exactly is going on with all the Arkoshs, specifically yours and mine."

Anselmo set the doll into a chair if El was a bit too uncomfortable with holding her. He heard the boiling water begin to bubble over, making him hurry back into the kitchen to finish preparing. For breakfast was a simple, traditional Cosa Mesa breakfast, boiled ox sausage, a bowl of oatmeal with a sprinkle of cane sugar, and cup of blended vegetable juice. He set the breakfast down at the breakfast nook in his kitchen, a table wedged into a small corner with benches carved directly from the house that overlooked one of the few windows in the house.

"Awww~ but I want to stay with her. We can't play together if we're in different rooms." El quipped, her cheeks slightly pouting in childish disappointment, "You will let me stay with her, right, right?" Of course, this required a timely intervention from the ever-so-dependable Ice Faerie.

"Now, now, El, you should be thankful that Sir Anselmo here offered us to stay in his home." Kou landed on El's shoulder, patting the albino girl's cheek, "Please be a good girl and respect his decision, okay?"

"B-but-... *sigh* okay..." Huffing, El followed closely behind... Pombo? Yeah, definitely Pombo as the canine was between her and Usar, apparently sniffing at his pants. "Pffft..." The girl put one hand near her lips as she held back a giggle, the sight was rather comedic really. "Ehehehe~" She couldn't hold it after all, her high-pitched infantile giggles accompanied the trio as they walked up to the second floor while Kou stayed behind to gather interesting knowledge from the plethora of books around them.

There were only two doors on the second floor, one was definitely her soon-to-be friend's bedroom. El skipped happily past Usar, landing beside Anselmo with a small hop, her giddy face made no attempt to hide her enthusiasm. The door was opened, revealing... "Wow..." a treasure-filled colorful bedroom, novelty objects and ornaments from all around Bumi all neatly stored in shelves. Her red eyes scanned the room, coming to rest upon the rows of dolls sitting quietly in a tall shelf. While El preferred books and drawings instead of dolls, she could appreciate their cuteness. She only had one back in Horizon though, not this many... and it was a stuffed bear instead of porcelain mini-girls (and some boys).. they were still bigger than Kou, giving a new perspective on how small the Faerie was.

El may not be the best person to think such things, but she found the doll's lifeless glass eyes to be rather... creepy. Multiple pairs of motionless eyes? Even creepier. They managed to unnerve the one girl from Horizon which was infamous for her 'creepiness' among most of the population there. The clothes were pretty and all, but couldn't they make the eyes to be less... she didn't know the exact word, lifelike?

El turned her gaze from the particular shelf to the center of the room where a girl sat on the canopy bed, "...Eh?" Wait just a second, that's not a girl, that's a...

Vqh5w5U.jpg

Yep, that's a doll, the biggest doll she had ever seen in her young life with an even bigger version of those scary eyes. Anselmo's 'interaction' with the child-sized doll managed to dumbfound El, the Eidolon went silent as her lips went slightly ajar and her ruby eyes stuck wide opened... unwittingly mimicking the dolls themselves. She didn't know what to say, this whole scene was too much for her young mind. She wasn't scared, angry, or anything like that; just... wow.

"....." "A-alma? Uhm... well... I named my bear Teddy too so... uh..." Ah right this was just like playing house, pretending the dolls to be alive, right? However, unlike children playing house, Anselmo's voice held conviction, he truly believed the doll named 'Alma' was a living breathing young girl. "...." Still processing what was going on, El absentmindedly held Alma by holding her armpits, staring into the puppet's soulless eyes, a part of El's mind still trying to find out if Alma was alive and Anselmo wasn't being a weirdo. Usar's nonchalant comment managed to break El's out of her trance as she raised an eyebrow, turning to look at the Arkosh with a questioning look. Not you too, Usar! He couldn't seriously believe Alma was Anselmo's 'daughter', right?! Wait wait wait... was she the only sane person here? Pombo and Kou would agree with her, right... right?!

The Eidolon returned the doll then went back to stand beside Usar, taking shelter under his strong presence. She seriously wasn't looking forward to sleep with her new 'friend' anymore. The albino child looked down at the ground, silent, one part of her mind nagging at her to question Anselmo's sanity but her feelings told her it was better to just... let it be. El went back down with the others and saw Kou was busy burying herself in the books, good. She... didn't want exactly want to talk with the Ice Faerie anyway, not right now.

El took one spot in kitchen, sitting there in silence. The delicious smell of cooked meat and oatmeal helped to ease her distraught mind. "Usar..." She finally uttered a word, tugging at the Arkosh' arm, "...I don't... I don't want to sleep in that room..." Her voice was barely a whisper, trying her best so Anselmo couldn't hear her. The link between their souls conveyed her discomfort to the Arkosh.

• Love
Reactions: MUSΞ
Usar twitched from the connection between El and him, making him want to react quickly to it. He knew he could go upstairs and smash the doll to end all the discomfort. But, the thought of Kou being disappointed in him made him change his mind. There were other ways instead of violence to solve a problem. He placed a hand on top of El's head and turned to face Anselmo at the table.

"El is afraid of Alma. She doesn't want to sleep in that room," he said flatly.

Usar nodded to himself proudly. It was a good feeling to not be so destructive. Even if it was something as small as wanting to smash a doll. Anselmo placed the plates of breakfast in front of El and Usar with a small smile.

"Is that so? Is it the other dolls as well?" Anselmo asked, placing another plate for himself at the table before pouring each person a glass of vegetable juice. "I can move them out if that helps. If not...let's see...I can have you sleep on the couch in the main room."

Anselmo sat at across from them with his shoulder resting on the window sill. He stayed quiet as he slowly picked up the dried sausage and took a nibble of a bite, his eyes watching the truant children being dragged to school by their angry grandmothers. Usar began to ate, tearing into his breakfast like a hog, and soon finished in less than a minute. He licked his lips and felt the air still in the kitchen. Wanting to act more human, Usar took the opportunity to begin a very human custom, the small chit-chat.

"When did she pass?" he asked Anselmo.

There was a small twitch in Anselmo's eyes at the question. He stopped eating, looking up at El and Usar with a small, sad smile.

"Two years ago from Ihuicatl's plague," Anselmo shared. "The scholars couldn't create a vaccine in time."

The breakfast continued without a single word.

The afternoon went by calmly. Pockets of orange sunlight beamed through the limited sun roofs over the Old Section of Cosa Mesa, creating a hazy layer for the people to enjoy. Everyone was out and about, children released from school and at the local parks to hangout, grandparents watching the children as they played a chess-like game on the stone tables, and parents holding hand in hand strolling down the streets to the market to plan out dinner.

Usar took the time to bathe himself. He sat in the average sized deep tub and dumped buckets of cold water over his scarred body, filling the bucket from the faucet just outside the window. He stared out the window, black eyes scanning the area, and landing on a distance stone platform with a wide sun roof above it.

Anselmo and Kou busied themselves with stacks of books beside them, comparing notes of connecting discoveries of their Arkoshs, and jotting down questions whenever they came up. In the early evening, there was going to be a church service of followers of Ihuicatl in preparation of a yearly ritual.

"Yes, I will take you all there. But, please, do not be...alarmed at what will happen," he warned Kou.

Pombo waddled around El, his tongue hanging out sloppily. He scratched his paws at the door and barked, wanting to be let out. Usar walked down the stairs, dressed. He opened the door, letting Pombo skip outside.

"I want to go out," he said to El.

He left the door open in case El would want to follow as well. Usar and Pombo headed down the alley and to the outdoor market with the rest of the parents. They caught stares from the locals, but nothing to make him feel uncomfortable. These people of Cosa Mesa were more tolerant of outsiders and had a custom of treating everyone like family. They were similar to the nomadic caravans of the Plains, but much more true to the religion of Ihuicatl.

Usar paused at a stall selling candies and other sweet treats. The old, leathery woman sat on a rickety chair and flashed a gummy smile at Usar.

• Love
Reactions: Izurich
The little albino girl looked up at Usar with her red puppy dog eyes, obviously hoping that he could do something about her predicament. Through the link between their souls, she could feel he was quite calm, conveying the feeling that he already had a solution for her. El visibly relaxed when the Arkosh placed his large hand on her head, the girl nuzzled against his body, waiting to see just what he would do. "Ah...!" Slight panic coated her pale features as Usar plainly told Anselmo the very reason she wanted to hide from him, this was not what she had in mind when she confided in him. Granted, she should have known better, this was Usar after all, not exactly the most... discreet kind of person. "Mmmph..." The Arkosh's proud nod was answered with El's pouting cheeks.

What's done is done, the beans had been spilled, there was no turning back now. The white-haired girl shifted her red eyes downwards in guilt as she slowly nodded, "...N-no... j-just... uhm... just her." El fidgeted, making up an excuse to at least justify her discomfort "She's just uhm... too big, I have never seen a doll that big before." There, that should be good, right? It wasn't exactly a lie either, just not the whole truth, El found the lifeless eyes to be most unnerving really. "N-no!" She shook her head hastily, "It's okay, I can sleep on the couch or... I can sleep with Usar. " The least she could do was respecting his precious belongings, for Anselmo to painstakingly carry all those dolls away just to comfort her was too much.

The breakfast was carried out with a noticeably somber atmosphere, not a really good thing for El's appetite. The girl was eating very slowly, with an emphasis on very. She fiddled with her utensils most of time, cutting the sausage in small pieces and occasionally sipping the oatmeal; Very much unlike the human-formed Arkosh beside her, classic Usar chowing down his food as if this was his last meal. This time, El was the one who felt like a mother sitting beside her mannerless son, "Usar... pssst!" she nudged at his waist, "Eat slower..." but of course, he had already finished everything.

Her irritated mood abruptly shifted to confusion, befuddled by Usar's sudden strange question. "Pass? Wait, who is this 'she'?" El didn't get it, she just raised an eyebrow, her lips slightly ajar, what was Usar talking about? She tilted her head at Anselmo as the man answered Usar, the forlorn smile and his words struck a chord in the Eidolon's heart. "......" Now she understood, Anselmo did have a daughter, Alma was a real girl, but she fell sick two years ago. "....enh..." El felt bad, real bad, she looked like an insensitive little devil who couldn't empathize with a father who lost his only daughter. "I.. I'm sorry..." She had to make up to him, somehow, someway.

---

The day passed, a relaxed afternoon atmosphere graced Cosa Mesa. All children playing together, playing with each other, just enjoying life... all except one. "..." The young witch of Horizon was seated on a chair beside the window in Anselmo's home, propping her chin up with one hand in deep thought. Usar was bathing, Anselmo and Kou were researching, and she... what could she do? Slowly, her other hand reached inside her purple coat then pulled out her heirloom Tome. She leaned back, holding it with both hands, "...Eidolon." El rubbed the cover once then opened it, turning the pages quickly... until she stopped at one in particular, her expression turned dead serious as El climbed off the chair then walked over to the main room where the scholarly duo were talking with each other, something about a religious event.

"Of course, Sir Anselmo, I will go, but maybe Usar should stay... I feel he isn't fond of Ihuicatl much considering what happened in Provundo." The faerie nodded shortly before noticing the Eidolon was watching them, "Ah, El, there will be a yearly ritual going on in the church, do you want to come?" Kou blinked once with a smile, then a look of concern fell on her icy features as El didn't answer her, merely staring with her scarlet irises, "...El, is everything alright?"

"...Yes, everything is fine." The child answered, her voice rather flat, losing her usual joyfulness, the underlying mystical echo was also there, definitely one of the albino's 'creepy moments', "Oh, I will not be going, I have some things to do." With that, she left the room, leaving a rather confused Ice Faerie. In her way, she encountered with the adorable canine named 'Pombo', "..." The child simply stared at him making a fuss at the door with an eerily emotionless look, she didn't do anything until her Arkosh arrived and opened the door. "Have fun." She didn't follow after him... just watching as the wooden slowly creaked to a close. The girl turned back, her body emitting a soft glow as she floated upwards to the second floor.

The door to Alma's room opened by itself, courtesy of the Eidolon's power. El entered, looking around what formerly used to be a child's room now occupied by the girl's doll lookalike and other dolls to keep her company. The floating albino witch stared directly into Alma's soulless eyes... she'd fix that soon enough.

The arcane tome flew off from her hands, now hovering in front of El. "With the power vested in me..." She uttered in Ancient tongue, clasping her hands near her chest; her aura grew intensely, long alabaster locks rising upwards, and wispy tendrils of power snaked out from around her. The tendrils slithered on the floor, etching a pattern in the shape of a circle surrounding Alma's bed. Ancient symbols of arcane power were drawn both in and outside the main circle. Flowing her power into it, they began to glow in the same color as her signature red aura, "I tear through the veil between the realms...." A tendril reached past the golden drapes, onto the doll's forehead, it wrote A-L-M-A in Ancient Tongue, "Alma, Daughter of Anselmo, heed my call. Sheath yourself into this vessel." The air grew thick with magic as El poured her powers into the doll, pulling the dead girl's soul back into the world of the living using the puppet as her body. Hopefully, it'd work.

• Love
The doll remained still and perfect, resting against the pillows on her bed as El chanted for Alma to return. The only response El could get during the ritual was a few strands of hair dancing from the magic and a hand dropping to rest on the bed. During the ritual, the doll continued to be nothing but a replica of the once beautiful and happy, Alma.

Once the ritual was over and the room slowly returning to normal, the only object that had any response to El was a few circular objects that fell onto the ground and rolled around. The doll looked the same as before, but with the hair a bit messier and the bedspread slightly wrinkled. The air returned to normal, but seemed to be a little be colder than before and a low whistle played.

Gradually, the whistle became louder, from sounding like a toy whistled to that of a small child, and to a soft laughter. It seemed to come from every corner of the room, echoing and bouncing around, flying passed El's ears, until it suddenly became ghostly quiet. There was a long moment of nothing but an eerie silence, until a few words were heard.

"Where's papa?" a soft voice asked from the doll who's eyes began to glow. "I'm feeling better now."

The voice spoke in Cosa Mesa's native language, a quickly spoken slur dialect with a few choppy words thrown in between. Her voice sounded tired and out of breath, but hidden was a happy tone.

"Why can't I see anything?"

The gems in the dolls eyes flickered, glowing a brightening green before going back to nothing. With each attempt, the little girl would make a "Hmph" sound, but soon sighed as the eyes refused to stay glowed.

"Hi, I can feel you. Can you take me to my papa? His name is Anselmo," the doll requested. "I want to tell him I'm better and he doesn't have to worry anymore."

The doll's head fell the side with the rest of the body following with it. It rested face first against the blanket and arched, its butt a bit high in the air. The little girl squealed.

"Oh! Help, please. Papa hates when I wrinkle my dress. My name is Alma," the little girl introduced herself. "What's your name?"

Right out the door, the soft thumps of footsteps was heard walking up the stairs. Kou was resting on Anselmo's shoulder as the scholar carried a stack of books and plate holding a small cake balancing on top. There was a soft smile on Anslemo's face, a reaction from the successful studies Kou and he had.

He tapped the door with his foot, figuring El was still in the room.

"El? Did you take a nap? Are you awake?" Anselmo asked as he fumbled with the books. "I was wondering if you would like a snack? This area is famous for snack foods, especially our round fried cakes. Would you mind letting us in, please?"

"Oh! Fried cakes! Can I have some of yours?" Alma asked El. "Open the door for papa."

Anselmo's eyes twitched as he felt a weird sensation across his body. His arms became covered with goosebumps and the hairs stood its in. He licked his dry lips, a habit he did when concerned, as he opened the door and peered inside. He sighed in relief, though his body continued to feel a bit concerned.

It was a great sight for Anselmo to see El trying to get used to the room and Alma. A big part of him was hurt that El was scared of Alma, but he had to remember that El was an outsider. Alma was not just an ordinary doll, but a doll made from his daughter's ashes.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Surges of cathartic pleasure flowed through her veins, it had been a while since she worked her arcane limbs; the little display of power back in the immigration centre didn't count of course, exposing her mystic nature to Vega and his cohorts were in comparison of a girl turning the back of her hand, no effort required. Like an acrobat after performing a show, El felt a bit tired, but satisfied. Her floating form touched the floor as her aura dimmed into nothingness, no longer lighting up the room with its red glow.

For the moment, everything was silent except for El's breathing and the occasional shift of objects falling from their shelves; the doll didn't display any extraordinary qualities, her rather messy hair and disturbed bedsheets were the results of air movements due to the Eidolon's ritual. "...?" The albino girl tilted her head slightly to the left, observing for any signs of life in the doll. However, nothing seemed to be happening, did she fail? It was a possibility, this was the first time she had done something like this, no matter, she could try again some other time. "He..." Huffing a short disappointed sigh, El was about to turn when her ears picked up a strange whistling sound, "Oh?" she shifted at her surroundings, taking in the increasingly louder whistles, gradually altering from toy-like to girlish.

Most other children would be unnerved by the laughters which seemingly came out of nowhere, but not El, if one looked closely, one could see a happy grin curling at her pale features. "Ehehehe~" She even joined them, skipping a bit as if she was playing around with invisible friends, "So, you heard me, huh?" The Eidolon seemingly spoke to no one in particular, "Let's hope you are the right one, hmmm? If not, I may have to ask you to leave." The laughters died down, leaving El alone for now. "Well~" She walked over to Alma's bed, sitting on the edge just beside the doll, "When will you wake up, Alma?" Her small right hand reached out to poke at the doll's left cheek.

"Where's papa? I'm feeling better now."

Ah, there she was, such a cute little voice, it made El feel all giddly inside, a similar feeling at seeing a much younger child. It sparked the sisterly instincts in the Eidolon, being an only child and having few friends, El never got much chance to be a 'big sister' for someone else. "Hmmm? Awww..." Too bad, Alma was speaking in a foreign tongue, "Can you speak Common? I can't understand you." It seemed she couldn't. El grinned, climbing on the bed, wrinkling the sheets even more as she examined Alma closely, success! She's alive, alive!

The flickering green glow in her eyes were pretty alright, she loved the girl so much more like this, not being creepily silent and unmoving. If only El could understand her, the Eidolon may be able to do something about her 'eyes', right now, El was too mesmerized by the result of her work. "Ahahahahaha~" A long echoing high-pitched giggle rang from the Eidolon's vocal cords, "You're soooo cute, Alma... ehehehe..." The eerie nature of her voice would make someone think there was a ghost girl in the room right now. "...ehm... oh!" Finally a word she could understand, well not exactly a word, but a name, "Sir Anselmo? Oh yes, he's just downstairs reading books with my friend, Kou. Do you want to see him?"

It seemed Alma did, she tried to move her artificial limbs, but only managed to make herself fall forward instead. "Ahahaha!" El felt a bit bad for laughing at her misfortune, but she had to admit, Alma looked adorably hilarious like that, laying prone on the bed, her bottom raised in the air. "There, there~" Like a loving older sibling, pale arms reached out to pick up the darker-skinned doll, holding Alma in a bridal carry, "Alma, yes, I know." She spoke her name so El figured she must be introducing herself, "I am Ellie, nice to meet you~"

El peered into the girl's emerald gems; red and green, snow white and raven black, pale and tanned, human and doll, they were polar opposites from each other. So engrossed in her conversation with Alma despite their language barriers, the Eidolon didn't notice the footsteps just outside the door. It was when the door was knocked did El raise her head, before she could ask 'who's there?', Anselmo made himself known. "Ah... hehe, no, I didn't take a nap, I'm awake." The girl looked back down at Alma, whispering, "There's your father~" then back at Anselmo, "Sure! Let me get the door open for you, I have a surprise~" Just after she said that, Alma was being a bad sport by revealing her voice, "Awww... Alma, you ruined the surprise..." El muttered under her breath, but no matter, Sir Anselmo would be delighted to see her daughter again.

Just outside, a certain Ice Fairy raised her head from her journal, still sitting on Anselmo's shoulder, her brows furrowed. She felt a prickle in her soul, an arcane power was at work here... who else was responsible but El? Kou didn't exactly know what El just did, but she'd find out soon enough. The Ice Faerie also peered into the door, her icy eyes slightly widening, she had a solid assumption on what's going on here, but... decided it'd be best if she kept herself neutral, let Anselmo handled it.

"Come on in~" El waved at them as the door became coated in a thin red layer then opened on its own, courtesy of the albino little girl. "Sir Anselmo, Kou~ Good to see you." She grinned then presented Alma before her father, "I brought Alma back, aren't you happy? Come on, Alma, say hi to your Papa~"

"....El" Kou was at a loss for words, "What have you done?"

Anselmo stood silently in the room, feeling his entire body suddenly tense. There was something off about Alma's room, but he couldn't pinpoint on what. It felt different. It looked different. The room wasn't perfect anymore. The bed sheets were messy and things were on the floors. Dolls on the shelves were tipped over as if they were so surprised by something they fainted. Anslemo gripped the plate of fried bread, staring down at El with a forced smile.

"Oh look at you! Have you and Alma finally become good friends?" Anslemo asked, looking over at El holding and showing Alma to him. "I knew you two would get along so well..."

His voice trailed, fingers loosening its grip on the plate. He stared into the doll's eyes, seeing the glow, feeling Alma's presence. It felt like his daughter was being held up to him, her body warmth radiating, warming himself and his heart, during the days she was still alive and running the house with her bright smile. Anselmo forced a wider smile, the color in his face starting to drain and his heart fluttered hard.

"Papa! Papa! Hi!" Alma cheered, the doll's head rolling to the side as it spoke. "Are you happy to see me?!"

The plate fell from Anselmo, shattering on the ground, the bread breaking in half. His fingers twitched, contorting in odd positions as the words from the doll echoed in his ear. Anselmo shook his head, his hair flying around him.

"I must be tired..."

"PAPA!" Alma interrupted. Her green eyes shone "Are you sick? Do you have the coughs like I did? They go away after one big cough and then you feel better."

The tan coloring paled to the point Anselmo looked like he was being choked. He coughed, took in sharp breaths, stepping away from El and Alma before running down the stairs, skipping over two steps at a time. Reaching for the front door, Anselmo struggled to pull open the heavy door before running out in the thin street. The fresh, cold air didn't help Anselmo from dry-heaving, nearly gagging as only pockets of saliva flew from his mouth and onto the ground.

This couldn't be. That couldn't be Alma in that doll. He had to be dreaming or so exhausted and heartbroken by missing Alma that his mind was playing a god-awful trick on him. But the way El held Alma, with that smile on El's face and the feeling in Alma's room, Anselmo knew somehow El was the one who brought Alma's spirit back.

"She...she committed heresy!" Anselmo struggled to say through gags. "Why would she do this when I was nothing but kind to her?"

Anselmo closed his eyes tightly, trying his very best not to judge and feel insulted by El. The girl didn't know his culture. She didn't know the dead stay dead and spirits are guided to Heaven by Ithuicatl. She didn't know how much his people celebrated death and the passing of spirits onto a greater land. A land much greater than they were on. El was being nice, right? She was being so appreciative of being taken in that she decided to gift Anselmo with his daughter's spirit? Right?

"...I missed her so much..." Anselmo sat on the ground just outside the door of his house, holding back tears of fright and of gratitude.

Alma began to cry. Her shrieks echoes the room, rattling the dolls on the shelves.

"PAPA! PAPA! PAAAAPAAA!" Alma screamed, her voice shaking. "Where did you go?! Ellie! Take my to Papa!!"

The doll pushed herself forward, nearly flying out of El's hands.

• Love
The manipulation of the soul, summoning creatures from other planes, tearing across the veil between this world and beyond, truly the work of an Eidolon. Powers and deeds made possible by the manipulation of one-half of the Primordial Force, such powerful boons in the hands of a child. Considering this, Kou realized she shouldn't be surprised that El would do something like this, in her young mind, she was simply trying to help Anselmo got her daughter back, nothing more, nothing less. "..." The fairy exhaled like a frustrated mother at the antics of her daughter as both El and the 'living doll' called Anselmo with their respective titles and languages for the scholar. There was nothing she could do at the moment except to flutter off Anselmo's back then observe, planning on how to best handle the situation.

"Look~ look~" El grinned wide, her bleached white teeth in full view, "She misses you sooo much~" The albino assumed they'd be eating those snacks together, how could Alma eat she wonder? Ah, no matter, her reuniting with Anselmo was the most important thing. "...Eh?" In a show of childish innocence, El simply tilted her head in confusion as the tanned man dropped the plate, the fragile object shattering upon contact with the hard surface, spoiling the food. What was he doing?! No way El would eat that, it was dirty! Strange, he didn't look happy seeing his daughter.

"Are you sick, Sir Anselmo?" Due to their differing language, El wasn't aware that Alma was asking the same thing, plus one more question and a statement, how she wished she could understand whatever language the doll-girl used. Oh well. "Eh...?! Where are you going?!" El was utterly flabbergasted now, was there something she missed? Perhaps she brought the wrong spirit? But this girl clearly introduced herself as Alma, her name being the only world El could understand anyway, two if her assumption of the title she used to call Anselmo meant something along the line of 'father'. "Aaaaawwww....!" The red-eyed girl pouted her cheeks in annoyance, now she had to carry Alma all the way down!

"...El." The ice fairy finally decided to speak up, she slowly fluttered towards the puzzled Eidolon, such innocence she saw in those big red eyes... truly, the Eidolon had no ill intent, if anything, it was the look a child would show when her heartfelt gift was met with fear and panic. "Will you listen to me...?" Kou sighed, "I must tell you that those who died should stay- uh..." By the Ice Queen, how could she explain this? The little girl didn't have a single clue, going by the look in her face, she'd have to explain from scratch. "Ahem, alright, El-"

"Aaaaah!" El's surprised gasp cut Kou off together with Alma's incessant screaming for her father, "Sorry, Kou!" The Eidolon quickly climbed down from the bed, holding Alma close, "But Alma wants to see her father! Quickly, quickly!" Acting almost as if it was a game, El ran out of the room.

"El! Wait!" The Ice Fairy's warning was promptly ignored as the Eidolon turned at the corridor. Sighing, Kou had no choice but to follow her. "El, please listen to me..." She tried again, half-heartedly this time, the result was as expected, no heed from the child, not on purpose, El was just too excited to reunite the father and daughter pair.

Jumping off the stairs, El simply floated down instead of using her feet, easier that way and no chance of tripping either, wouldn't want Alma to get hurt now. Landing on the first floor, "Sir Anselmo~" she called out with her high-pitched childish voice. "Ah~" There he was, sitting on the porch. "Alma, uhm... ssssh, sssh, okay?" El basically wanted to say 'calm down, everything will be alright' but alas, language barriers. Approaching the older man from behind, El nudged at his back, "Why are you crying? Ah!" She understood, he was so happy to see his daughter, he couldn't control his emotions! "Well, there, there, Sir Anselmo." El bumped their shoulders together, not patting since her hands were busy holding Alma, "Why don't you come inside and have a little talk with Alma? I can't understand what she's saying, but I know she really misses you!"

Taking the role of the observer once more, Kou shifted her eyes in doubt, the look in Anselmo's eyes, his turbulent emotions, Kou sensed he wasn't exactly opposed to El's deed. Nevertheless, they should settle this inside the house, not out there where people could see, they must not attract anymore unnecessary attention after Usar's rampage in the immigration centre. "Please, El, Sir Anselmo, come inside, it is best if no one sees Alma right now."

Last edited:
  • Love
He refused to look at El or the doll, turning his head away slyly to avoid making it obvious. There were still so many mixed emotions lumped in his throat that it made it hard to even breathe. Alma was here with the living, protected in a replica of herself, crying right next to him. And, it was all thanks to El.

Listening to Kou suggesting they solve the matter back inside, Anselmo simply nodded before standing and entering the house. Kou was absolutely right. No one, especially in this section of Cosa Mesa, needed to know that Alma was summoned back. The chaos it would create in the streets, parents waving dolls of lost children and children waving dolls of lost parents in a desperate attempt for them to be summoned would shut down the whole section. Guards and scholars would be called, and because Anselmo vouched for El to be under his protection, he along with the small child would be cast away and into watched cells, awaiting to be questioned.

Anselmo closed the door once El and Alma were inside, and walked to the couch to take a needed sit. The doll would be placed on Anselmo's lap, resting upright against his chest. He half smiled at Alma's cries, placing a hand on the dolls shoulder.

"I'm not sure what to say or how to react. This is all surreal...it shouldn't be allowed to happen. It's not part of reality. El, I think I understand why you brought her...but..." Anselmo paused to place a hand over Alma's ears. "...you shouldn't have. She...doesn't belong here."

His smile trembled as he held back tears. Conflicting beliefs rocked his mind, both of spiritual and educational, all about how to feel and what to do with Alma.

"Papa! There you are! I have lots to tell you!" Alma said happily, rocking lightly in Anselmo's hands.

His hands shook nervously as he looked around, expecting for a guard or another scholar to burst into his home to take the illegal doll away. Anselmo made a vow, in his faith and studies, to always uphold the laws and report on anything deemed unnatural to the world. Sadly, Alma here was just that.

"Did...did you say thank you to El for bringing you here?" Anselmo asked with a shaky voice, eyes glancing up at El.

The doll's head fell over in an attempt to nod, but unable to bring back up. Anselmo laughed softly, letting his eyes lock onto El. It was difficult to look past that childish smile of accomplishment. An innocent smile of a child thinking what they did was right. How was he going to explain that it was all wrong? Anselmo didn't want to crush El's spirit by denying this cherished gift. But, what El did was so dangerous.

"How...how long does she last?" he asked El, re-positioning Alma's head. "Is this forever?"

Anselmo prayed this would only be temporary. If not, he would eventually have to send Alma back to the other side.

Usar sat on the steps of the giant stone cathedral being prepped for the upcoming ceremony, staring up and the cone shaped skylight. The once blue sky was swirling with a mix of grays and purples as heavy winds began to spiral through and create a deep whistle throughout the area. He blinked, onyx eyes scanning, as his pony tail whipped behind him.

"El did something wrong," he said flatly, feeling a heaviness between their connection and with the angry skies.​

• Love
Confined within the safety of Anselmo's home, the group could rest easier as Kou fluttered to land on a chair's armrest, deep in thought. Speaking from experience, Kou wasn't worried about the safety of El and by extension, Bel-Sarra-Usar. No, The people of Saujarh were the ones at risk should they aggravate the Eidolon, Horizon had paid the steep price, the Immigration Centre almost suffered the same fate if not for Anselmo's timely arrival. Save from Ihuicatl himself, Kou had little knowledge on what other power could hold the infantile dark messiah's wrath in Saujarh. Kou could never be more grateful that she was chosen to accompany the child Eidolon, one must remember that El and Usar were fated to bring balance to the chaotic lands, whether through peace or force. Once more, she observed the situation until she deemed it was right time to speak up.

"Hehehe~" El on the other hand, simply sat beside Anselmo on the couch with her legs folded at her sides, examining the reunited father-daughter pair. "Hmmm...? Why it shouldn't be?" The albino girl tilted her head, no amount of malice or sarcasm coating her voice, it was the simple curiosity of a small child. As far as El knew, it was real, she did it herself, how could it not be real? However, the last part of his wavering statement seemed to finally click in the child's mind, albeit just slightly, "Oooh... I get it, I think. Uhm..." El put one index finger near her lips, contemplating, "Is it because she already died before?"

Kou gave El a small understanding smile, "Yes, El, I am glad you understand." It wasn't enough however, El wasn't entire convinced, but it was a good start.

"Hehe, but look! Alma is soooooo happy~ If I can come back to see my Papa, I'd be happy too!" The albino scooted closer to Anselmo, swaying her head slightly, listening to the duo talked in their native languages even if she couldn't understand them. "Oh?" Her red eyes perked when the tanned man talked to her in Common, "How long... uuuhm... I'm not sure..." El muttered as she crossed her arms, "Mmmmmmph..." Her cheeks pouted, wracking her mind in search for an answer, after a few seconds, she took out her grimoire then skimmed to the resurrection ritual part, "Oooh~ It says here that summoned spirits return when they have fulfilled their purpose." El huffed proudly, like a knowledgeable teacher answering her protege's question, "Since I didn't tell Alma to do anything, I suppose she will go once she does whatever she wants? She is really happy to see you though, maybe that's her purpose? She missed you?"

Kou nodded, sometimes the innocence of a child could solve questions where adults and all their wisdom failed. "I agree with El, Sir Anselmo." Kou chirped in, "It is similar with wandering ghosts, they have unfinished businesses, in the case of Alma, I assume, her need isn't so strong that she was able to pass-on... until El brought her back. I think the best course of action here is for you to just... spend time with your daughter, talk to her, and then, you both can part ways willingly." The fairy floated to Anselmo's shoulder, patting him, "What's done is done, let us make the best use of it, next time however, I will tell El to not do this again." "Provided she listens to me..." but Kou decided she didn't need to say that part.

The pitter patter of small feet against the floor then the sounds of the door opening before being closed back tore Kou's attention away from Anselmo, she turned back to see El was already gone, "El... aaaah... sigh..." it was not like the girl to just rudely leave without notice like that, something was definitely up. "...I am sorry, Sir Anselmo, but I'm going to follow her." Kou smiled, "I suppose you'll need privacy for your daughter. I'll take my leave now." The ice fairy waved then fluttered out of the apartment through a small opening in one of the windows.

Using her connection with the Arkosh, El ran her way pass people, houses, and stalls towards the giant stone cathedral. "...?" She looked up at the ominous skies, full with signs of a coming storm, was he coming? The dreaded Wind Arkosh? If so, she must be ready to face him and this time, she wouldn't let him get away. "Heeeey!" Climbing up the stone steps, El waved towards the tall buff man, "Usar, there you are." The child sat beside him, "I think Ihy coming again, can you see him? I think we should get to him before he arrives." A determined smirk was plastered on the girl's pale visage, "With you, we can stop his cray-cray acts together!"

• Love
"He's near," Usar replied, his eyes continuing to stare into the darkening skies. "He isn't wailing yet."

The organizers of the upcoming ceremony didn't seem to be bothered by the changes of the sky. They continued to set everything up, cleaning and wiping down the stone seats inside the cathedral, placing and lighting candles that lined the gold alter at the head of the cathedral while in the back, a large grassy area was being prepped for a large dinner. Tables and chairs were set under large tents while food was being prepped and prepared. The smell of meat flowed in the air with a hint of a mesquite-like scent, as chatter from the men laughed while cooking the large animal on a rotisserie.

"What did you do?" Usar asked, staring at El. "What you did brought him here."

Usar felt what El did in him, the sinking feeling of something unnatural to the world happened. It felt, wrong, sad, that just one tiny thing El did felt off balanced. Was this what all the Arkoshs were feeling for this long? Why did it take what El did for Usar to feel like this? Usar knew there would be destruction once Ihuicatl may arrive, but this time it may be justified.

Standing to his feet, Usar let out a deep breath as winds began to pick up inside the cave. With a blink of his eye, his angelic wings sprouting from his shoulder blades and stretching out in full wing span. Crashing of items echoed inside the cathedral as a woman dressed in a simple purple dress and headscarf witnessed Usar, her wheat colored eyes wide with both fear and admiration, before running off to gather the others.

"I'll be right back," he said before taking flight, creating a massive downward pocket of air as he flew up and out the giant skylight.

The sudden change in temperature helped with the quick shift back into his beast form, the cold relaxing his previously confined muscles when in human. Usar twirled upward, stretching out his long arms and long tail, in almost a brief moment of glee, while on the search for Ihuicatl.

Surrounding El were those helping with the ceremony, eyes glued to the skylight, muttering in their language of what just happened. Between the crowd were two priest, one elderly and the other mid-age, wearing white robes very similar to those of the scholars of Cosa Mesa, holding old leather bound books and flipping through pages of ink drawings.

"Everyone back to work, back to work. You saw nothing, you saw nothing," the short elderly priest with hanging wrinkles and ears like that of a hound dog, waving his arms to push the crowd away from El and back inside. "Back to work, you saw nothing. It was nothing."

The crowd gave the priest a questioned, shock expression, but being devout followers they refused to disobey. Nervously, they all went back to work for the ceremony that was happening later that day. The younger priest sat beside El, his mature face smiling softly at her.

"You are a visitor?" the priest asked. He had one injured eye that stayed half-closed as if something smacked him directly there. His peppered hair was pulled back and tied in a little bun, showing off his honey, smooth skin with deep forehead creases, the beginnings of bags under his ginger eyes, and a single dimple on his left cheek. "You are alone? Come with me inside where it's safer."

He held out a soft hand palm up towards El.

• Love
So her assumption was true, Ihuicatl was coming here after all, Usar confirmed it himself. To be honest, El felt kind of guilty really, preemptively confronting him was better than having him rage all over Cosa Mesa like he did in Provundo. "Ehn? What do you mean?" Usar's question ws met with a confused head tilt from the albino girl at first, she didn't understand what was the connection between her activity and Ihy's arrival, she didn't deliberately call him here that was for sure, she didn't even know how. The last thing she did worth mentioning was... reviving Alma, was that it? Ihuicatl didn't like to see a father and his daughter reunited, such a bad Arkosh. "I just brought Alma over to play, she was sooooo happy to see her father again, maybe Ihy doesn't like seeing people happy, he's a naughty beast!"

"Oh? Are we going?"
The Eidolon quipped as her Arkosh stood up, she too raised her body on her two little feet. "Aha! Hehehe~!" The child giggled happily, excited at getting to play hero, also mesmerized by Usar's celestial feathers. "Let's gooooo- eeeeeeh?!" A thrilled battlecry quickly turned to a long whine of befuddled disappointment as the Arkosh took flight shorly after implying that he'd be going alone. "Waiiiit! I'm coming with you!" Too late however, the majestic humanoid beast was already up in the air.

Kou arrived just in time to witness a certain dark-haired tall winged man shot off to the sky. The Ice Fairy sighed while shaking her head slowly, Usar... gathering unnecessary attention to himself again, at least he wasn't trying to claw anyone's eyes out, but it'd be only a matter of time before the whole cliff city found out about them. Floating forward, the miniature woman spotted a grumpy visage among the gawking faces, one belonged to a certain messianic child. Did they got into a fight or something? The Ice Fairy was on her way to the aforementioned child when one of the priests sat beside her, ah well, might as well.

"Mmmmmmrgh..." El pouted, both cheeks too, that should explain how frustrated she was to everyone around her. She didn't even care about the dispersing crowd, nor the young priest up until the moment when he spoke to her. "Eh... Yeah, I am." Her answer was half-hearted, like her body was there while her mind was somewhere else. However, when he asked the second question and mentioned something about being safe, slowly, creepily, El's head turned towards him like a living doll. "No..." She muttered, "No, not safe, you will die, all of you..." She looked up towards the sky, "Unless we stop him." In a swift moment, a gust of wind waved out from her small form, a translucent crimson sphere spawned around her then like a comet, she launched off to the skies towards Usar's location, trailing a red streak. The priest would have a much harder time convincing the people to blissfully ignore the phenomenon now.

The one who took the priest's honey-toned hand wasn't a child, but a palm-sized icy woman instead. Her long - for her size - legs stood elegantly on his hand, her form curtsying, "Greetings, Your Honor, I am Kou, Ice Fairy, perhaps I can abide your request in El's stead. Shall we come inside? I will explain to you about what just happened to the best of my abilities."

• Love
The priest only watched as the small child suddenly flew into the sky with energy surrounding her. He barely noticed Kou landing on his open palm, only feeling two small stings of a chill. He blinked.

"There is nothing to explain," he said. "The book told us of her. She will kill us all."

He stood slowly, giving a quick glance to Kou before entering the cathedral that was holding an emergency sermon for those who witnessed both events. Hollow spears of earth were rung with a patted mallet, the music cascading up as the head priest quickly spoke from a granite tomb etched with gold writing. The church goers bowed their heads, mumbling after the words being read, as nervous chills crawled up their bodies. Other priests lined the walls of the cathedral, one reporting to a low ranked scholar wearing a white skull cap.

"The book also told of that winged man who stole Ihuicatl's first people. He wasn't suppose to return. If the girl and the wing man are working together, Ihuicatl will use all his energy for revenge."

He sat on the first bench, resting his open hand on his knee as he bowed his head to listen to the sermon.

"The only way to calm Ihuicatl is to hurry and find his love."

Usar calmly flew through the easy winds, his mouth open and breathing in the fresh air as his tail snaked behind him. The skies rolled with massive, peppered clouds that ate up the pale blue of sunny days. There was a faint smell of charred vegetation, of thunder just striking the ground, but there was no indication of the starting of the upcoming storm.

His muscles tensed. El was right behind him. Usar looked back as an unusual low hiss erupted from his mouth at El's direction. The connection between them trembled, clearly indicating Usar's intent of wanting El to stay back. He didn't know how to feel or explain to El that what she did was against everything Arkosh's believed in, especially one of highest power like Usar. Spirits of humans were a foreign concept to elemental Arkosh's. While Usar was familiar, he only dealt with those who were reborn, not spirits called back when they weren't ready.

Angling his wings upward, he let the winds carry up higher. Up in the distance, dancing in the way of the spherical sun, was Ihuicatl. He twirled with ease, bringing the clouds further across the country.

"Ihuicatl!" Usar roared.

"Bel-Sarra-Usar....why do you keep breaking the rules...." the monstrous head of Ihuicatl spoke as the other crippled body attached to his back sobbed softly. "Are you here to defend that girl's action?"

Unable to hover like Ihuicatl, Usar was forced to circle the Wind Arkosh, pumping his wings to not only keep him lifted, but to further the clouds in an attempt to hide them. His onyx eyes twitched nervously, feeling El become closer to his location.

"Why did you allow for her to do that? Disrupted the way of life over my own land. She needs to be...punished!"

He feathered his wings upward, a trumpet of winds slamming into Usar and shooting past him in El's specific direction. Usar tensed his body more to combat the attack, his wings almost snapping back completely. He let out a low groan as the clouds circled them.

"I will deal with her. I will fix this!" Usar hissed, feeling Ihuicatl's power begin to radiate around them. "Stay away from her...leave those people be!"

"Don't tell me how to manage my people!" the crippled body shrieked. The monstrous head reached up to give the crippled body a soft nudge to calm him down. The monster spoke. "They will fix this for me. It's their job to...if they can. They all have to pay because that man accepted his dead daughter back."

• Love
"Oh?" Kou expected she would satiate curiosities, but as it turned out, curiosity struck her instead as the young priest spoke his hopeless prophecy. The Ice Fairy wasn't shocked, nor demoralized by him as her people had their own prophecy, one that spoke the return of Bel-Sarra-Usar and his Eidolon to bring balance to the turbulent world. Obviously, her faith firmly clung there, but it didn't mean she'd directly refute the priest's words as false, it was her chance to learn more about what exactly Saujarh knew regarding Usar and Luna's Eidolon. "Then I implore you to teach me what the book told you regarding 'her' and why do you think she will bring doom upon us?" Whatever it was, in the end, when El and Usar saved Cosa Mesa from Ihuicatl's wrath, they'd know the truth.

Kou listened further, sitting politely on the priest's shoulder while examining the audience gathering in the hall. They were afraid and worried, an expected reaction in the face of an oncoming calamity. "Hmmm... So, do you think the 'winged man' you saw just now is the one who took Ihuicatl's people away? This is something I am not aware of, Sir." Bel-Sarra-Usar was an ancient being, far older than anyone in Horizon, so it was safe to assume they knew so little about him. The last statement was interesting, to say the least, so there was a way to solve this matter without violence, "Tell me more about his love, there's no harm trying if your very lives are on the line, yes?"

---

Up high in the restless sky of Saujarh, the white-haired little witch soared through the clouds, her spherical crimson barrier carried her small form forward, blitzing fast like a comet, long alabaster locks trailing behind her. Despite her Arkosh's warnings, the stubborn child ignored them all. She meant no disrespect to the ancient Mythical Beast, she always saw Usar as a wise being who was always ready to protect the weak and guide the lost, but he was by no means perfect, he could be so childish sometimes, he couldn't even get through simple physical examinations in the immigration centre. Pursing her lips, El took a deep breath as she momentarily closed her eyes then opened them again with newfound determination, she'd give it all to protect Cosa Mesa from the Wind Arkosh, even if it meant ending his life.

She could feel the Sol Arkosh's presence up ahead, he was ascending... so shall she. Shifting her trajectory, El shot diagonally upwards to the sky, piercing the white tufts of gaseous air. Red irises reflected the majestic seraphic wings of Usar and not far from him, the swirling serpentine form of Ihuicatl. It looked like they were... conversing with each other, "...Tch?!" El couldn't examine further as she felt strong gusts of winds grazing her barrier, disrupting her flight path. The Eidolon was forced to stop and brace herself against them, "Guh..." unamused and annoyed, El continued her flight, arriving just a short moment after the Arkoshs finished their heated exchanges. Taking a spot on Usar's back, she attached her sphere to him, angrily turning her gaze at the Wind Arkosh responsible for the attack on Provundo.

"You... why are you doing this?!" El screamed out, "Those people are just trying to live in peace, and yet you... you..." The little girl trembled, in both confusion and anger, "You are their Arkosh! They worshipped you! You are supposed to protect them!!" El snarled, "Just because they live in your domain doesn't mean you can toy with their lives! If... if you don't stop, we will end you, right here, right now!!"

• Love
"Harm? No, it is the woman's destiny to be the love of Ihuicatl. It is said a higher being took Ihuicatl's love away along with the first people of Saujarh, but we believe that she came back somehow in search of Ihuicatl. One of these women is that love," the priest explained, bowing his head at the sermon. "From what was seen, us priests and most likely the scholars we are required to stay in contact with, will believe that winged man has returned to steal Ihuicatl's love away. We have to find her first and the world will be spared from His wrath."

The head priest raised both arms in the arm and his people followed, mumbling along with the words from the tomb.

"From the book, there is a prediction of a girl of doom. The priests and scholars are split of who this girl represents. The priests believe the girl is Ihuicatl's daughter he may of had from a random woman in hopes of moving past his love. He cast her away, disowning her because He didn't want her. We believe she will return for revenge. The scholars believe the girl has no ties to Ihuicatl, but wants him gone in hopes of freeing Saujarh from is pain. It is government propaganda to make all of Cosa Mesa secular. The only scholar on our behalf is Anselmo, but with each passing year, he is losing more and more of his faith."

The rings from the hollow spears of stone were rung, interrupting the man's voice. He stood along with the people and hummed along the alto tune, swaying his body with the beat of the hymn. Along with the beat were footsteps of more royal guards of Cosa Mesa, writing reports from others of what was seen.

"Where is your representative?" a royal guard off to the side asked a lower ranked priest. "Scholar Anselmo, yes?"

"We contacted him and he should be on his way...please don't tell me Sir Vega will be arriving...we don't need any high government officials for our ritual..." the lower ranked priest sighed, scratching at his cap.

The monstrous head of Ihuicatl only grinned, a low chuckle vibrating deep within his throat.

"Tell her, Bel-Sarra-Usar. Tell her exactly why I'm here," he swirled his body into tight knots, head staying locked in placed as he stared at El and Usar.

Usar only gave a deep hiss, arching his shoulders and shaking his body in a weak attempt to unlock himself from El's barrier. A tongue ran over his sharp fangs, feathers along his wings standing on in at the frustration of El ignoring his command. She shouldn't be here. She shouldn't be threatening Ihuicatl. This interaction with the Wind Arkosh was premature, unneeded, and worse of all, showed how inexperience El and he was to the ways and laws of the world.

"El..." Usar began, his voice growing harsh. "You did this. You brought him here. You put Cosa Mesa in danger because of what you did...he has every right to punish his people for what you did."

The mythical beast circled the chuckling Ihuicatl, beating his wings against the fluctuate strength of the winds. His body bobbed against the turbulence, feeling like the crack of a whip against his muscular chest. Usar licked his lips, his face flushing a deep red.

"Why? Why did you call back that soul? Why did you do that? That isn't allowed. How can you not know that's against everything? El...you broke the law of balance bringing back a soul that has passed. Why did you do that?" Usar questioned, spinning his body to combat the sharp winds digging more into his body.

Ihuicatl only laughed harder, shaking that monster head of his as the other only wept silently. The respect he had for Usar was diminishing quickly. The fear of Usar's power along with El's was lessening, giving Ihuicatl more confidence to continue doing what he has been doing for thousand of years, creating havoc to his people because of his other half's search of finding love. Usar could feel Ihuicatl's lost of respect, making Usar's voice become angrier and angrier with each word spoken to El. He was embarrassed having to explain something so commonly known to all. But for El, the concept seemed to not register to her.

Usar let out a frustrated roar, powerful enough to shake Ihuicatl's gathering winds. It caught the Wind Arkosh off guard, making him nearly stumble in hover.

"Little girl, if they all die it is your fault. I am only fixing what you did. The dead stay dead!" a fixed burst of wind erupted from Ihuicatl, catching Usar off guard.

He let out a groan as he flew a good distance away from the Wind Arkosh's wind, tightening his chest and body while wings struggled to keep his upright. He flipped, focusing his body downward for the wind to skim over his body. With wings pumping, Usar aimed for Ihuicatl with mouth gaped and claws extended. The attack from Usar wasn't for the protection of the people of Cosa Mesa, but a selfish, personal grudge for the lack of respect Ihuicatl was showing to him.

Usar only managed to scrap his fangs along the top of Ihuicatl's human head before the Wind Arkosh twisted away. Usar circled the monster, his own white aura radiating around his body, as the connection between El and him became full of tension.​

• Love
As much as Kou wanted to act calm and composed, there was no denying the foreboding feeling in her gut, similar to when one sensed a coming storm. If her assumption was correct, Usar and El would already be confronting the serpentine Wind Arkosh right now, let's hope they haven't escalated to violence... and even if they did, she prayed the three of them kept Cosa Mesa out of their scuffles. "I see, then our next course of actions is clear, Sir, let us make haste in locating this woman, time is of the essence." The world? No disrespect to the Wind Arkosh's power, but Kou believed the scholar was exaggerating, Bel-Sarra-Usar and his counterpart, the elusive Luna Arkosh, were the most powerful mythical beasts among all beasts, only them could bring devastation to the world, tis' why they had Eidolons to keep them in check. Replace 'world' with 'Saujarh' then it'd become possible, untold amounts of lives would still be lost should it happen nevertheless.

The revelations regarding this apocalyptic young female figure instantly brought Kou's thoughts to El for obvious reasons, she was the only one fitting with the criteria, especially the latter. "I believe that 'girl' is El, Sir, she is, indeed, an Eidolon of Bel-Sarra-Usar, the 'Winged Man' you saw earlier. An Eidolon's power can match the Arkoshs' themselves. She is no daughter of Ihuicatl however, thus it is more likely that the second theory is correct. El believes Ihuicatl is the source of Saujarh's problems and she wishes to eliminate him to, as you said, free Saujarh." Kou dipped her head, "I do not mean any offense to your beliefs, Sir, but I can personally confirm the truth regarding El, our people watched over her since she's but a babe."

"...?"
Kou turned her head over her shoulders to see the new arrivals. "Tch..." Guards, she didn't exactly want to deal with them ever since the whole blunder with Vega in the immigration center. Hiding herself as best as she could on the priest's shoulder, Kou kept silent as she watched the situation for now. "El, Usar, whatever you're doing... please keep the people safe."

---

"Heh! Why do you need Usar to tell me? It's obvious, you're here to bully your people, you evil snake!" The Eidolon glared intensely at the swirling Arkosh, sparing no contempt for him. She wasn't interested in listening to whatever Ihuicatl had to say, but when Usar began to speak, El looked down at the Arkosh's head, tilting her head slightly. "Eh...? I did this? What...? How is it my responsibility? Every right...? Are you even hearing yourself right now, Usar?" Did Ihuicatl hypnotize her Arkosh somehow? There was no way Usar would say something like that. The chuckling serpent certainly didn't help the raging fire in her heart.

"Oh...? So that what this is all about?!" Instead of showing regret or remorse, El snarled, baring her own fangs at Usar, then whipped her murderous stare at Ihuicatl. "I did that because I want Sir Anselmo to be happy again, he misses his daughter. It's not wrong! Alma was really excited to see her father again! After they talk, she can go home. What's wrong about that?! You don't like to see people happy, is that it?! Just because you, both of you, are big strong beasts, it doesn't mean you have the right to meddle with people, especially when they are not hurting anybody!" In the child's mind, it was simple really, both Anselmo and Alma were delighted, nobody was hurt, perhaps except for these two... nosy big babies!

The laughter... the mocking cackles... this two-headed monster who was somehow a bully and a crybaby at the same time was obviously belittling her and Usar. "Rrrrgh..." Gripping her hands into fists, El could feel Usar's anger through their link and in return he too could sense her rage. "Usar, let's shut him up..." Her sphere let out wispy crimson tendrils of power as she slowly detached herself from Usar's back, "Once and for all!!" As Usar roared, El let out a mighty burst of her power through a crescent-shaped wave that cut through Ihuicatl's winds, staggering him.

"Little girl, if they all die it is your fault. I am only fixing what you did. The dead stay dead!"

"Ensh izh sek, fol. Izh acha vo'domosh!!" ("Know your place, fool! You are no lord!!") The little girl in question replied in Ancient Tongue, a deep and guttural voice overlaying her own, her ruby eyes glowing with a crimson glow. The last time she slipped into this maddened state was back at Horizon during the purge... and it didn't exactly bode well for those who opposed her. Focusing her power, El floated still, bracing her barrier against Ihuicatl's hostile winds. While Usar opted for a swift melee approach, El anchored herself in the air, her hands in a clawing motion in front of her. "Nggggrrrrh...." Another low growl vibrated from her throat as she built up a concentration of arcane power in front of her sphere in the form of crimson swirls gathering together, getting larger, denser, and brighter with each passing second.

"Ihuicatl... Vo'sol izh!!" With a roar, El let loose her anger, sorrow, and frustration through a huge thick crimson beam launching straight at Ihuicatl's human head. "Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrgh!!" No matter what it took, no matter how hard, she'd protect the people of Saujarh from this misguided tyrant of a guardian!

• Nice Execution!
"You will be punished!"

The winds surrounding El and Usar began to pick up pace rapidly, spinning around the two heroes tightly as Ihuicatl began to churn his body in motion. The clouds held together tightly, gripping each other as several funnels started to form just around Ihuicatl. Mid-attack, Usar backed down, letting his body dip low to avoid Ihuicatl when the first of many tornadoes shot down from the hateful skies.

The tornado was able to cut through El's crimson beam enough to render it nearly useless. Only a few of its red rays grazed on Ihuicatl's body, creating small cuts in his down feathers, but not enough to cause any serious damage. As Ihuicatl spun in the air, the more tornadoes appeared, creating a barrier around the Wind Arkosh as they began to vacuum the area. The ground began to pick up near them, grass, dirt and rocks swirling in the air with the roars of the tornadoes and cries of Ihuicatl.

Why....why does that human get his love back and not me....Ihuicatl cried, the humanoid being asking El.

Usar struggled to pump his wings against the strength of the winds. The winds felt like daggers against his body, slicing into his muscles to create thin lines of cuts. He huffed, biting through a flying rock as he made his way to face Ihuicatl forward. The rage from Ihuicatl was different this time. Instead of winds created by sorrow and grief, these were of hate and anger, of wanting to give consequence for El's illegal actions, and to prove to Usar the he was top beast of these lands. The Wind Arkosh slowed his body, eyes pinned on El, as a heavy tongue rolled out the monstrous head.

Darkness surrounded them. Ihuicatl's winds were enough to completely cut off the sunlight, leaving nothing but complete blindness and his sickening winds. The only bit of light came from El's barrier and Usar's personal aura, but even they struggled to shine through the dirty winds.

Quickly catching up to El was a single tornado, eating the light off of El's barrier, attempting to swallow El to pull the little girl's body apart piece by piece. Usar widen his mouth, letting a sphere of pure white magic form, before letting loose a powerful beam followed by his mighty roar. The power rocked his body, the beam instantly being sucked into the tornado. It swirled the winds, cracks of magical thunder erupting inside. Finally, the tornado fell apart.

Before any cheer could happen, Usar let out an agonizing groan. Ihuicatl wrapped himself tightly around Usar, squeezing his body while heavy molars bit onto Usar's chest. The added weight caused Usar to loose wing strength, both Arkoshs plummeting to the ground. Cutting El off from following were another series of cyclones, weaker wind tunnels that were more of an annoyance than anything. The other tornadoes Ihuicatl conjured up began to approach Cosa Mesa.

"It is clear we have very different beliefs, but want the same thing," the man spoke. "But yes, let's find that woman who will save us."

"Priest..." Anselmo placed his hand on the man's shoulder, breathing heavily from the run.

The man stood, smiling at Anselmo and hugging the scholar. Being a former practicing priest, Anselmo accepted the hug out of respect, bowing his head into the crook of the man's next. The two stepped away from each other in time for the church service to end. The participants rushed out the stone cathedral to spread what was happening and to prepare for the new ceremony that was to happen tomorrow. Anselmo let out a deep breath.

"Please, let me explain who the little girl is and her friend-"

"The small one here already explained," the man interrupted. "I told her what we believe and she agrees with us. We must find Ihuicatl's love."

"She...agrees?" his eyes widen at Kou, mouth slightly ajar. "Did you tell her the procedure on how it is determined who is his love..."

Two guards grabbed Anselmo and turned the scholar to face them. Each held spiral bound notebooks with scribbles inside describing from others of what happened earlier at the steps of the cathedral. Anselmo closed his eyes and held up his hands as the guards spoke of them reporting the incident to Vega and that the ceremony was to be postponed until his arrival. They also warned Anselmo of the meeting with Vega because of this situation.

"For a man of the government, I can't believe you haven't pushed for this ceremony to be banned," one guard said. "It's inhumane."

The two hurried off, leaving Anselmo to deal with the priest. He held a hand, letting Kou flutter to it while he said his goodbyes to the priest. With the cathedral beginning to become packed with others just hearing about the situation, Anselmo took Kou to the priest quarters. The quarters were four houses carved into the stone with an arch leading into the human made cave with a courtyard in the center. The courtyard held a statue of the symbol of Ihuicatl, a simple serpent flying in a cyclone shape and a woman placed inside. Anselmo entered one of the houses and into the main living room with a small shrine and lit candles all along the walls. Upstairs held two rooms for the priest while the highest floor was a small office.

Anselmo sat on the cushioned chair, placing Kou gently on the table. He shook his head.

"This is a mess. I'm not sure how I can spin this to calm the people. Everyone is in arms about what happened with El and Usar. It's spreading so quickly that I'm sure it will reach Vega before his guards can report. Where is El and Usar? We need to find them...no, you need to find them Kou. I have to stay here and try to fix this."​

• Nice Execution!
Status
Not open for further replies.