Finding Love in Our Opposites (SkyBarrier212 x CelestialSiren)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Because my parents would need a legitimate reason as to why I shouldn't marry you. Seeing that you don't have someone you'd like to marry, there's no way either of our parents would end this agreement just because we don't want to marry one another." Rose knew her parents too well to say that she didn't want to marry Dante and because the one other person she'd want to marry is already married himself, so this arranged marriage wasn't about to end any time soon. Their parents weren't easy to convince and the only way they could go about this was to pretend that they were happy together, get married and then live separate lives until the subject of children came up and then Rose would have an easy solution to that.

"...Then what you're trying to say is to just get married and live our own lives?" Dante stared at her for a second before turning his head to the side. "That wouldn't really do any good since I'm still tied down to you... But that's better then nothing I suppose..."

"It's either that or you will really have to deal with me acting like a wife to you." That was his choice to make, if he wanted to continue being himself then the only times they'd really have to see each other is for a meal maybe once a day or when their parents wanted to see them. Rose didn't want to be with someone she didn't love and she didn't see him falling in love with her either because they seemed to different. Waiting for his reply, Rose noticed a decent sized gazebo with a bench inside. Walking towards it, she made her way up the small steps, taking a seat on the comfortable bench.

Reactions: SkyBarrier212
"Decisions, decisions... Hm..." He tapped on his chin in thought as he watched her walk towards the gazebo, following her. "I don't know... I think it'd be amusing to watch you act like a wife to me, entertaining perhaps." He said as he didn't take a seat next to her and leaned on one of the gazebo's supporting pillars outside of it.

"I think it'd be more entertaining to see you act as a husband. I'd have an easier time than you would." She said as she looked up at him wondering what his decision would be. She knew that they'd have to pretend in front of others aside from their parents, but she knew that could easily be done as long as they didn't have to actually be a married couple when alone.

"Oh, you don't know that, I just might last way longer than you ever could, as if you can last six months as my wife in front of others." Dante chuckled as the thought made him laugh out loud, with his past experience with women, his relationships barely made it out of the three month marks. "I bet you won't even last a month, I won't be surprised if this false engagement falls to the floor as shards from a broken mirror before it even hits the ground, wouldn't you agree?" He asked as he walked closer to her.

As he moved closer to her, she stood up to face him, even though she was much shorter than him. "I accept the challenge. The women you probably have been with stayed that long because of your status, so they dealt with your personality." She said as she took a step back from him and looked him over for a moment or two before giving her final thought. "Seeing as I don't care for your status or money and I already have a good idea about your personality, I'm not worried about the challenge at all." She finished saying with a smirk on her lips.

Dante stared at her for a moment before his eyes widened in astonishment. How did this women already figure him out in a matter of seconds when the two were just in the presence of each other in a couple of hours? "What the hell...? Are you some kind of witch or something?" It had to be the only explanation and no other, or he was just exaggerating, he raised an eyebrow at her as he tried to take her in but the only thing he came to a conclusion was a type of magic. Some lawyer he was.

Rose couldn't help the laugh that escaped her lips when she heard him call her a witch, how could she not know already from the way he acted inside the house. To her, he was pretty obvious, but then again she had learned to read people especially children. "You get you know someone pretty fast when you observe their body language and behavior, and it's my job when it comes to children who can be difficult at times." She said in reply to his question. Shaking her head at him, she patted him on the arm and looked at him with a smile. "Like I said I have no worries about dealing with you."

Dante continued to stare at her dumbfounded before he cleared his throat and turned his head away from her. "Oh... So you're a teacher... That... That was going to be my second guess you know..." He told her as he stumbled on his words a bit, he would definitely have some difficulties while dealing with this women for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.