Finding Love in Our Opposites (SkyBarrier212 x CelestialSiren)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If you'd like to plan the wedding yourself than I'd be happy to let you go ahead and do so." Sojin said to Rose after setting her own fork back down on the table and pushing the plate back, signalling that she was finished with her food. Hearing that her daughter would like to take on the wedding herself pleased Sojin so much. She'd love to see what kind of wedding she'd create.

Rose could see everything that Dante was doing or trying to resist. Either he was terrible at hiding his feelings or didn't care at all because he didn't want this, just like herself. Being engaged to someone you didn't know wasn't exactly a dream. Yet he could have hidden his actions a little better than he was at that moment. Rose was very good at observing since it was her job to observe the behavior of children, especially as a teacher.

Roel chatted with Calvin, avoiding all the wedding conversation before looking at Dante. "So Dante, how is work going for you? Honestly, I hope you can convince Rose to be a stay-at-home wife." Roel was very traditional and thought that a woman should stay home, instead of having a career. He was happy for his daughter, but once married and having children of her own, she'd have no time for work.

"Father. I think I should be able to make my own choices, I don't want to dedicate my life to just supporting my future husband." She wasn't about to allow her father to make choices for her and she wouldn't let it happen with her husband either.

"I'm sure the wedding that Rose will create will be breathtaking, don't you agree Sojin?" Lenora whispered quietly to her.

"I'll do all I can to convince Rose of just that Mr. Souxe, but I doubt I'll be able to when she has that determined mindset," Dante chuckled as he told about his job next. "The business is going exceptionally well as the demand for lawyers is getting higher and higher, and the number of cases I've won so far supports that, so I'm getting more and more clients to defend so everything is working out well." He ate a little bit of his food as he finished his statement and set his utensils down as he was done.

"That's great news isn't it Roel?" Calvin asked as he looked over at his long-time friend smiling slightly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hearing about the job that Dante has, Rose wasn't very interested in it. It was definitely one job she didn't like because something most lawyers had to do was lie and if you were good at lying, then reality was nothing compared to being in court. Maybe that is why Rose doesn't see herself to excited about this, since she could see that Dante wasn't trying so hard to hide how he felt.

"Well you must be good at what you do to be doing so well. I've actually surprised that you don't already have someone you'd like to marry right now." Rose said, wondering if that were true. He was obviously good looking, had a great job and even if his personality wasn't great some women could easily get over that. Though they would probably be more after his money and status, not just his looks.

"Hm... I wonder why..." Dante stared at her for a moment before shifting his gaze forward and sighed quietly. Almost everyone in his household knew why and he certainly knew why as well, and he wasn't changing anytime soon... He turned his head to look back at her and smirked slightly, lowering his voice so the older adults wouldn't be able to hear him, even though the four were engaged in their own conversations. "Would you like to know?"

"If I say yes, are you willing to tell me the truth or are you going to make me figure it out myself?" She asked, wondering if he was the type of person to just say it, but she highly doubted that. Obviously, he didn't want the others to hear him so maybe he would tell her. Rose wanted to know what she was getting herself into especially since she didn't know anything about him except what she has learned so far. Although she too had someone she had fallen for, she quickly had to give up on them because of the fact that they were already married.

"Let me think about that for a second..." Dante said as he continued staring at her putting his elbow on the table, and rested his chin on his palm. "The second option sounds like it'll be fun, watching you try to figure it out for yourself will be quite a sight to see, good luck to you." This time, he smiled at her, taunting her with his eyes. If he was gonna have to go through with this against his will, might as well have fun with it...

"You're very easy to read. I don't think it will take me very long to figure it out." She replied back, running her fingers through her hair to pull back some strands that had fallen forward as she spoke to him. Upon seeing the interaction between the two as they were all chatting among themselves, Sojin smiled at the scene thinking that maybe the two of them were actually starting to like each other, even just a little bit. After lunch had been served, Rose leaned back in her chair, somewhat full from all the delicious food made for them.

"Excuse me, but where is your bathroom?" Rose asked, feeling a little too full from eating so much and she seemed to be getting a little hot. As of late, Rose has gone to see a doctor several times because she has gotten quite abnormally hot for some reason. Her doctor is unsure of the reasons as well, yet suggested to her that she has to cool herself down every now and then. Not having told her parents about the news, she figured that once she knew what it was, she'd be able to tell them then.

Dante frowned at her statement. "Easy to read...?" He mumbled to himself in thought. Was he that easy to read? Maybe he wasn't quite aware of the expressions he was making on his face...or maybe it was something else entirely, he supposed it was the latter but couldn't get the idea out of his mind and scowled slightly.

"Oh, just go down this hallway," Lenora pointed to the right at the entrance to the hallway, opposite from where they came from the dining room, "and then turn left and it's the third door to your right."

"Thank you.." She said softly, really starting to rising heat in her body. Getting up from the chair, Rose made her way out of the dining room towards the bathroom that Lerona had directed her too. Quickly closing and locking the door behind her, Rose hurried over to the sink to turn the faucet to cold water, which she sprayed her face with to cool down. She thought to herself that this was much worse than any other time, but she had hoped this condition wouldn't last very long at all. Continuing to cool down in the bathroom, Roel decided that this was the best time to bring up a subject he had been thinking about for a while since Rose was now away.

"Dante. Do you plan to have children in the future?" Roel asked with a huge smile on his face. Since Rose had her coming of age party, Roel had been thinking about all the grandchildren he would have to spend time with and how great it would be to see his daughter as a mother.

No.

"I haven't thought about it, but now that I'm getting getting married in a few months I suppose that I should be considering it now huh?" Dante said, answering Roel's question as he pursed his lips, though in his mind, all be wanted to do was punch something, anything now.

Lenora's expression soured slightly before she immediately recovered herself. Having to see Dante as a father? Those poor babies...If they turn out anything like him... Lenora shook her head and recomposed herself. But that won't happen, because Rose would be the mother and those children would turn out just fine, even more then fine, if they were to have any children. She didn't have any doubt in her mind if Rose was the mother, the thought instantly brought her hopes up and before she knew it a smile was on her face.

Roel sounded a little disappointed with the answer, but he knew his daughter well enough to know that she'd eventually love children of her own because of how much she enjoys just being a home tutor her students. They all ranged from small children to adolescents, so he wasn't worried at all about whether she'd be a good mother or not.

After what seemed like minutes to Rose, she returned to the dining room to seem them all talking about something, but didn't bother to ask what it was. Now that she felt a lot better than before, Rose sat back down in her seat and thought of a good idea for the two of them. "Since we're finished with eating, do mind if Dante shows me around the home? Seeing that we will be here for a few days, I think it's best if I get a good idea of the layout." She suggested, knowing that this was the best opportunity for them to talk without their parents being around.

"Not at all, Dante show the young lady around the estate." Calvin spoke up as he shooed them off with a wave of his hand.

"Oh! Show her the garden, I'm sure she would appreciate that." Lenora suggested as she smiled at Rose.

"With pleasure." Dante responded as he pushed his chair back and stood up from the table, walking towards another hallway as he hadn't bothered to wait for her. His anger potentially got the best of him this time but tried not to let it show in his expression and body language, instead settling on biting the inside of his cheek as he disappeared around the hallway.

Getting up from her own seat, she followed after him at her own pace. Finally seeing him in the hallway, she caught up to him in no time, walking right beside him. "Even children know how to hide their emotions better than you." She said not caring that she came out blunt to him, because that was her personality when she was around certain people. "I can understand, why you don't have a person with you already." She mumbled to herself, looking around at their surroundings.

The estate was probably as large as her parents home, but like she had thought before, the decor and structures were very different.

"Hm? What did you say? Speak up." He demanded as he turned around a corner down a shorter hallway, a large white double door at the end of it. He had heard her just fine, he just wanted to see if she had the audacity to say it louder this time. When the two reached the doors, he pulled it open and held it so she could go through before him.

Rose didn't hesitate when she repeated herself once more. "I said a child is better at hiding than you and that I can understand why you don't have woman by you right now." She was already getting the feeling that this 'marriage' wasn't going to go as well as their parents would hope. It was on a downward spiral from here unless something changed. Seeing him open a pair of double doors, she didn't trust walking out of them by herself because she didn't trust him. "Where do these doors lead?"

Dante rolled his eyes as he stared down at her. "Why? Don't trust me?" He chuckled lowly as he looked trough the double doors, he supposed normally it would showcase the garden but there was a long, closed hallway with another set of double doors at the end of it that would immediately lead them to the garden. The way the mansion was made was terrible if you asked him. "I heard you liked gardens so why not there first? If you don't want to walk through here then you can certainly walk around the entire estate, if you don't trust me."

"Your terrible attitude doesn't give me a good reason to trust you.." She said before walking through the doors and down to the other set of doors. Taking the handle of one door in her hand, she opened it to see a beautiful garden just behind it. She had to admit, it was definitely some place she'd like to hide herself away in and never be found. It was quite huge that her feet began to walk on their own towards the bushes of flowers and trees that made up the scenery before her.

Dante clicked his tongue in annoyance as he slowly followed her through the garden, anyone could tell she was clearly in the zone just by being here. "I could of had you walk around the estate but my terrible attitude just insisted that I should rather be a gentlemen instead and walk you through here." He looked around for a moment before he sighed irritated and raised his voice a bit. "You're welcome."

Maybe he wasn't so bad, but that didn't mean this small gesture would change things quickly. "Thank you." She said in her normal voice seeing that she was being rude for saying that even though she was probably right. Turning towards Dante, Rose went up to him with her eyes making contact with his. "Do you want me to just give your freedom?" She was referring to the marriage, because she knew that she didn't want this and he didn't want this at all, but they couldn't divorce unless there was a very good reason for them too.

"I can do that easily if you want. I doubt you'll see me as a potential woman to marry and I can't really see myself marrying you, it would easier on both of us to just have mutual understanding." Rose was the type to get straight to the point in a situation like this. She knew that they may have to act like 'couple' in front of their parents, so giving quick hugs and what not were nothing compared to certain things.

"Oh? And what makes you so sure that you'll be able to do that?" Dante raised an eyebrow at her. He knew for a fact both his parents were completely set on this marriage and there was no convincing them otherwise. "Why didn't you just end it before this little get together? Could of saved a lot of damn time..." He complained as he stared down at her with an unwavering gaze.

Status
Not open for further replies.