Finding a Roleplay: How to jump into Iwaku headfirst?

Y

Ythania

There are so many roleplays out there with many different categories, that I haven't a clue on where to start looking, or what I should be doing!

I've written a RoleplayResume, and prefer to really be in group roleplays (non-Libertine) - but I'll leave the details on my resume. They're irrelevant - the issue at hand is that I'm not too sure how to locate, reach out and join group roleplays on this website.

I don't want to break any unspoken rules, here. Anyone here who can help me out?

If you don't have a clue as to where you should start, I would suggest checking out the roleplay advertising area and interest check area to see if there's anything in those areas that peak your interest. It's like a little shortcut to finding roleplays you may be interested in without going through a huge hoard of roleplays here and there. (:

If you want to join a roleplay then you just have to go to the group category, decide on the genres you're interested in, click on the chosen genre, click on the [genre] signup & plot discussions, read through the threads for plots that interests you. If something does interests you but that particular thread seems to have a lot of posts already and seems to have been in game for a while you can always ask "is it still possible to join?" or "Is it still open?" and if it is then it's just to follow the instructions given in the first post (ex: if they require a character sheet, you'll write a character sheet before jumping in).
If the roleplay you're interested in only has a couple of out of character posts in the OOC thread so far, it's probably still open if nothing else has been said by the GM. Always read the GMs posts carefully so you don't miss any information. Sometimes a game is private for invited people only, which is usually stated somewhere in the post.

If you have any questions about a specific roleplay, you can always ask the GM either by messaging them or by asking in the OOC thread.