Finally Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
"....My Lover...His name was Leon....A kind man...." She made a sigh-like sound, "I....I miss him greatly....The only thing that mattered in my life...." She looked slightly upset now. She looked like she would cry at any moment. She tried to take her mind off of it. "Anyways....let us get going...." she said gently.

Boris' expression softened a little for a moment And placed a hand on her shoulder They say that there are things that you never really lose. It's just that they're reborn in a new form

Melinda sighed. "I don't know if I believe that....but I suppose I have to...It's the only thing keeping my sane....but...enough about me, we need to go to your school....yes?" She said sadly, a small smile finding its way onto her face. It was much easier to fake emotions with the doll's face.

I suppose you can't be griefing for something that happened so many years before. Let's go, when we're back i'll see if i can document your state and i'll start working on turning you into a human back. Boris rose from the bed and prepared to go, got a backpack and started preparing himself

Melinda sighed and got up. You can but there is little point. She thought to herself. For now she could only follow him around and contemplate life more. She hated being alone with her thoughts, she needed a goal other than getting her body back or she would go mad. She sighed silently to herself. She knew just how dangerous this form could be, with the possibility of becoming a monster hanging over her head she had to keep herself busy.

You told me you're a sorceress, right? Would you be wolling to teach me? Asked Boris after going out the house?

Melinda followed him and nodded. "Of course. I can teach you many things though they may seem....unconventional to one such as you," She replied as they headed out, "Magic is complex and yet simple at the same time. At least the magic I use is."

One such as me? What's that supposed to mean? Asked Boris looking at her in the eye, curious.

"I mean a man off your time. Clearly you do not value that which has been around for a very long time. You may find my magic....'backwards' and....what's the word? Ah yes I believe the phrase is 'redneck'? or is it 'voodoo'?" she gave a look of deep thought as she tried to choose her words.

Magic is only that, magic. An art, a simple thing to learn. Every art may be good or bad, but that depends on the one practicing it, not in the art itself. Fire can destroy a whole forest, but it can help someone to stay alive in the cold winter. I think you are misunderstanding me, Lady Melinda.

Melinda started to laugh, her laugh slowly became a cackle. "Boy you are not thinking of all magic, you are only thinking of the basics! Magic is both an art and a science!" She cackled, "the more complex and powerful the magic, the more difficult the spell is. Clearly YOU are the backwards ones. It will take some time to teach you." She looked at him as she used to look at anyone who wanted to become her apprentice. "But no matter. I will take the time to guide you."

Then, i shall teach you about science. Wht is true is that magic is strating to fade in the mist of history and science is killing it. Many things i though were new were just... things that faded in history and no one ever tought of investigatin again. We are, truly, loosing magic from the world.

"It seems the world is losing all that I care for....perhaps losing my mind would have been a better alternative," She said softly as she followed him. She didn't seem to pleased with the news of magic fading in the world. It made her give up on finding a way out of the doll's body. "It seems I shall never return to normal....Lord Velour....If I cannot be returned to the mortal state....destroy me."

Why would you have survived this long to be destroyed? A despiceful look was directed to her. You're choosing the way of cowards. My mission in life is to return magic to the world. There are many such as me. And you have a potencial that is the greatest of our generation. I won't let you be destroyed, or waste your potencial. Don't be a coward.

"There is nothing worth living for in this world for me. I never wanted to live like this; this isn't surviving, it's torture," She replied coldly, "So what you'll do....Is force me to stay....bound? I am not part of your generation. I am part of a much older generation. I am not taking the coward's way out. I am simply choosing the way that will end this torment. You could never understand, you are clearly incapable of love." She looked at him with a sad look on her face.

We can't choose what happens in the times we live. We can only do as much as we can with the time we are given. Boris was clearly disapointed of her You are the one incapable of love. You don't even love yourself enough to live. I, in the other hand, i do everything i do for love.

Melinda laughed softly. "Oh I must be the one with something wrong. I've only been a DOLL for several centuries? Why should I be so sick of the world?! Why should I be so sick of the emptiness and loneliness? You're right. Clearly you're the one with more empathy and compassion and love," She said with heavy sarcasm as she rolled the doll's eyes, "I life without the man I loved is no life at all. But you could never understand." She shook here head with a sigh sound. It just felt like they were going in circles with their conversation and only caused her to miss her life more. She wished she could go back to her time and continue to live but such a thing was impossible.

You're missing the point. You grieve for what you don't have anymore, and that blinds you of anything else. They got to a victorian-like place, a big edification with countless windows.
Boris entered, and passed through the front gates.

Melinda sighed and continued to follow him. "What is there to see? A world where people no longer believe in the power of magic? A world that feels...as hollow as this body? You do not understand how love can change everything. I can do nothing but grieve..... That is all I can do... All I have are the memories of the past which grow further day by day and the fears of becoming a monster coming closer. Do you know what happens to a doll like myself? They fall prey to their own thoughts and become creatures who attack and drain the life from others. It is not a pretty future."

You're alive, you have a chance to transcend, of keeping evil at bay, fo finding a way back, of using the little time you have left to teach the world how magic can still bring something to the world and spark new life and to fill your emptiness with new love. but you refuse because you are affraid. There are times in life that you must learn to fight not only without fear, but without hope.
Boris started walking towards a classroom. In the hallways, many young boys and girls chatted and passed by them, looking at the little doll

Status
Not open for further replies.