Finally Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A school? Err......I .....I suppose?" She looked quite confused now, "I....I guess you are not mistaken....It is....very kind of you Lord Velour.....err....Thank you..." She didn't know what he meant by attend to the school. Was he a teacher? She needed a little time to figure out what was going on. And something about him still made her feel....a deep yearning. "But... before you leave...are you certain we have never met? I don't believe I got a chance to formally introduce myself. I am Melinda Rarenest."

I see your porcelain is not so cold that you can't express confusion. What is it that grieves you so bad? What is it that you fee amiss?

"It just.....feels as if we've met before. And you confuse me as I know little to nothing about you. You mentioned nothing of this school earlier to which you must attend..... And what do you think you see? I am only confused upon your profession. Are you a teacher?" Melinda watched him carefully. There was something just familiar to him. The way he took her hand at their meeting was kind and yet formal. She tried to think of what it was about him. Perhaps it was his eyes, perhaps it was simply because he was formal and polite like a gentleman should be but it made her feel....hollow.

I don't feel it. But i'm sure that you're mistaken me. You see, it is only natural that i don't tell everyone where i study. I go to a school of Magic. It requires tht we are adults, because of th dangers you could meet there. He looked at you, and sat on the bed.
ASk what you want to know then.

"Oh, I see. Well I suppose it was just a fervent hope. Apologies. So you are a magic user as well. Tell me, what can you do?" She asked politely. She was curious as to what kinds of spells he could cast. She wished she could actually test him herself but her body was far too frail.

I'm a master in all means of transformation magic. Currently i'm developing Spiritual and Elemental magic. You said you were a Sorceress too. What kind?

"I've dabbled in a little bit of everything. My specialties lie in golem making, elemental, a splash of Necromancy and Healing magics. I don't care much for transformation and summonings take more energy and time to prepare than they're worth in my eyes. Golems are the way to go, at least for me," She answered calmly, "One could also claim I'm working on a sort of Manipulation magic. Perhaps it's a sort of Telekinesis? I am uncertain. The way this body moves....it is nothing that has been documented before. So you want to learn elemental magics? That is simple enough but spirit magics.....those are difficult and can exhaust you quickly. If I actually had more energy the best I would be able to do is a spiritual projection. Even then I might not be able to move this body for some time afterwards."

Maybe you're dull from the circumstances, let me remind you: Magic is divided in four circles, that being bound to Spirit, Matter, Energy and Mind. The schools as we know it were developed by the viziers in the otoman expansionist era and are, from Spirit: Spiritual, Summoning and Natural, from Matter: Transformation, Healing and Creating, from Energy: Elemental, War and Enchanting and finally, from Mind: Manipulation, Time and Divination. Besides, the combined branches are Golem creation from Mind and Matter, Illusion from Mind and Spirit, Light fom Energy and Spirit and Necromancy from Matter and spirit.
We just need to determine your method to determine how you fly. Obiously, there are many ways to accomplish flight with various schools.

Melina's expression turned sour upon being called dull and she silenced herself. She couldn't believe that she was being spoken to like that. She was once revered and feared in some ways for her power. "It is not flying. It is levitation. Flying is FAR more difficult in order to just lift a body. Do not speak as if I do not know magic boy. I am far older than you. I was once feared and respected. Should I regain my body you will count yourself lucky to stay on my good side," She said coldly. She was starting to hate and almost envy him for simply being alive. These were dangerous thoughts for a living doll like herself as she could easily be influenced by darker powers.

Please, don't be sensitive about the matter. I ask you pardon, Lady Melinda, but i spoke only truth. Your memories have faded in a great deal, so i wanted to help you. Said Boris, never changing his expression.
Let's get back to what we were doing. Was there something else you'd like to know about me?

Melinda simply glared at him for some time. She looked away from him, cursing her own prison of a body. "I wish to know nothing." She growled, "If you wish to ask me questions do so in a polite manner and I MAY reply." Her voice was cold and angry. Her mind started to wander, no longer interested in him. She thought back to her life and missed her time period. At least then people gave her the respect she deserved. There was something still bothering her about Boris, he seemed...familiar but cold. Her beloved Leon was similar to him yet....her beloved was far more open and caring.

Are there any more like you, that you might know? Asked Boris, interested in her condition

"As much as I wish it were the case....I am not aware of any others like myself. I suppose it is for the best...." She looked away from him, as if pained by the subject, "I have long since given up hope of ever seeing one such as myself. As far as anyone knows I am the only living doll in existence. The spell itself was a rare one. I had never seen it before."

Where were you turned? And may i ask how old are you? Softly, Boris smiled. He was extremelly interested in this phenomena that was called Lady Melinda, and all that surrounded her.

"....I was near my own home. I doubt the place still exists. As for age....I believe I am at least three to four hundred years old. It is difficult to recall the specific date. I believe four hundred and twenty two," Melinda answered rather sadly. While he was interested in what had happened to her it simply reminded her of what had happened and what she had lost. A soft sighing sound escaped her mouth. "I was young.....in love....and foolish."

What country was it. i Myself am away from home. My family comes from Hungary, and this is Japan, AS east as the world goes, away from China, in fact. Commented Boris to teach her about this world.

"Oh.....errr.....I believe it was somewhere near Hungary....It was certainly in that area but....I no longer recall. It was a quiet little home....I lived there with....well it doesn't matter. that place is long gone I am sure." She said quietly.

I'm sorry i am being this shameless, but i need to leave you. Said Boris after watching his clock Would you want to come with me or do you prefer to stay here?

Last edited:
"I suppose....I will come with you...." She said softly, "There is little else to do....and I may be able to make myself useful..." She seemed a bit distracted however but she tried to keep her mind in the here and now.

Last edited:
What is it that you so much think about, Lady Melinda? You seem... Worried, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.