Final Five

Status
Not open for further replies.
The final-Final Five choices have been made, and will be announced later (currently too busy to write up the full reveal).

Appearance:
3b088fde4c4dc6ce9a584f0bcb745a26.jpg

Name:
Enfys Caron McMillan

Personality:
Enfys is a calm soul. He tends to keep to himself and seems like he wants to talk, but attempts to hide it with his cold exterior. Enfys' moods are still childish, he is like an adult acting like a child that is acting like an adult. This causes him to come across as rude at times when he speaks because it is normally a minor insult or comment with complete disregard to the person. However, Enfys' jerky attitude is not one that would detour a person from talking to him and more one to cause an individual to find it as a more playful tone despite his non-humorous demeanor.

Biography:
Enfys was born to a well off family. Their situation was stable and no real internal problems within the family. Enfys was and only child and had both his mother and father. His father worked with some shady characters and his mother worked with a moving service. Not obvious to the boy yet, but they were a perfect fit for each other. Enfys never did get to goto work with his mother or father and never knew what they actually did. He was always left to himself to do whatever. A boring childhood full of playing mediocre games of tag and "Duck, Duck, Goose!" with the children around him.

Enfys' teenage years were nowhere near the same. Being left alone during this critical time of life let him build up rage and other negative feelings towards his parents, but he loved them too much to ever admit it. He tucked his feelings away and got into constant fights until he was near expelled from school. Enfys' life was snowballing downhill, but someone stopped it with a single hit. An aspiring astrophysicist was working on a device in the comfort of his own home, but it failed for the nine-hundred ninety-ninth time. It was a weapon that he hoped could later be utilized as something else by a more brilliant mind. The weapon misfired just nearly missing Enfys.

This is how Enfys met his best friend when he was sixteen. A forty two year old man who almost killed him.

Enfys didn't see it coming and fell back when the blast struck before him. He was tempted to run when a man shouted out to him from the point of origin and sent him into shock. Enfys later awoke in a hospital. His parents weren't there, but the old man that shot at him was. The man introduced himself as Robert Fenrir. He explained that the weapon he created literally "backfired" and shot through his own home. He then went on to explain just how many times it had failed.

"Then why keep trying?" Enfys finally spoke to the man.

The man opened his mouth and raised his index, but then relaxed again. He smiled and answered "Why don't you come by and find out?"

Enfys was left in the hospital bed for that night and released the next day. He'd completely forgotten Robert by morning and remembered everything he hated when his parents picked him up. Of course when he returned to school somehow someone managed to find out. He was asked and asked about what happened, but never answered not to even what he called friends. Their constant pestering however reminded him of Robert. When school let out Enfys looked toward his normal route home and then turned his back taking the way to Robert Fenrir's house.

Upon his arrival Enfys let himself in and was greeted by the sound of machinery and the heat it gave off and let's not forget the power suddenly going out. Enfys had grown annoyed by this point, but his natural sense of curiosity took him toward an ominous purple glow and the shout of "Praise God!". Enfys stopped when Robert ran out from the source of the glow and Robert too stopped when he saw Enfys.

"That curious that you sneak into an old man's house? What's your name boy?" Robert stood with his arms crossed and an expression that bordered celebration and disappointment.

"Enfys." Enfys replied back with a blank stare attempting to go through the doctor.

"Go take a look." Robert pointed his thumb behind him.

Enfys hesitantly passed the doctor to the room. He leaned inside and the doctor walked up behind him shoving him in.

"The Dynamos." Robert said abruptly catching Enfys off guard.

Robert explained his minor mistake from the other day and that he had taken care of the hospital bills. He said that the Dynamos still had some things to go through, but when he was finished they'd be the savior from their impeding doom. The first that Enfys had really heard of anything like that and was quickly lectured on history when he asked. The idea of others being out there was unthinkable. Enfys left that day to go home and tell his parents only to find them in a police car and the cops ransacking his home. His cries and screams were ignored and eventually his father sentenced to life and his mother to twenty years.

Woo hoo.

Enfys was heart broken, but did not fall any farther. Suddenly forced to confront the truth of his parents like that he was able to relieve himself of some of the feelings of hatred he once harbored. He was now a kid left with a broken past with only one to turn too. He went to Robert, a man he just met, for help. Robert wasn't comfortable with the idea at first, but saw opportunity and the kid's desperation. Robert used Enfys as a lab rat and let the kid know full well that he was one; Robert was never rude or hurtful, but he didn't hide anything, if the kid was going to jump off a bridge he would tell him and if he declined his exchange for living quarters was over.

Enfys was instructed to do much with the doctor's toys he was even asked to learn to fight in some fashionable manner to show off the toy when it was ready. Enfys finished high-school, but did not goto college instead he lived with the man into his fifties working on the Dynamos until they were completed by the time Enfys turned the age of twenty-seven. Even with their completion Robert took his time to review over the devices and possible areas to catch a beast before battle testing them. He needed a show, simple thugs would not work.

Enfys soon got his chance to showcase the Dynamos, but it was completely unplanned. A Rogue mecha had started rampaging about the city and almost killed the unsuspecting Enfys, but the bot's attack missed by a hair. Enfys saw his chance and took down the bot as fast as possible. His endeavor brought on the attention of the F5 and soon they were talking to him about a spot.
8N3L2NEm.png

Stats:
Might - 7
Finesse - 3
Fortitude - 4
Health - 7
Speed - 6
Perception - 3
Arcane - 1
Spirit - 4
Heroism - 1

Abilities:
Dragon Roar -
Enfys' six Dynamos form in front of him and concentrate kinetic energy before the large hexagon in the form of a small ball. When he blows through this a large beam of energy pierces friendlies and foes in its path.

Dynamo Expert - Enfys can shroud himself in an EMP field that electrifies and allows him to smash through obstacles.

Surgical Adaptation - Enfys enters a mode in which he can channel more energy into the Dynamos than normal increasing the output of his attacks.

Air Surf - The Dynamos can be ridden like a surf board on any terrain or altitude and being shaped like blades can be "kicked" toward targets.
Equipment:
Dynamos -
A weapon surgically attached to Enfys that allows him to control six bladed like machines and that generate electricity and EMP blasts. They are controlled by his own brain waves and are a literal extension of his body because of it.

Thermo-Suit - A skin tight suit Enfys wears that may or may not block a blade and keeps him cool/warm. It uses nano-fibers that reconnect when cut.

Theme Song(s):

...............................................................Fuck.

Add is cancer.

And goddammit, Asuras, I thought that I'd be able to read this during lunch.

• Love
Reactions: ShiroKiyoshi
As I reveal the five players and their characters who will be participating in this roleplay, I'd once again like to remind those who made sumbissions that I have no personal grudge or bad feelings about any of you, and that my decision here reflects only those who I, personally, would like to GM the characters of the most. For several of you this was no easy decision as I mulled over who should get the final few spots. For those who did not get in, do not let this discourage you from trying this sort of thing in other roleplays again, nor from trying to join any future roleplays I may run.

So, without further ado, I reveal to you the new faces of the Final Five, and those that will participate as players in this roleplay.

P38oDMv.png
BhzEVOy.png
b94pljX.png
2LuZoYt.png
HGndoU5.png

@ERode @Zombehs @Samster @Bootfist @R-9 Pilot
You guys are in. I'll begin shortly with some more information on how the next few days will play out, and when IC will be up.

Uh-oh; I think I threw you off with my [div] background, there. o//o

Here, have a fixed version!​
Mia.png
And of yours, because it fits the size better! :o​
Mia 1.0.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Asuras
List O' Mechanics

=Tian-Gui Jian=
Unbreakable Body, Unbendable Will - No Scaling
+10 success on Tian-Gui during dodge rolls do not grant attacker bonus Might. Bonus +2 Fortitude against magic attacks.
Flamestone - No Scaling
Absorbs portions of magic attacks to generate Arcane stacks. Can be expended to generate walls with Fortitude values or manipulate fire spells.
The Righteous Sees All - Scales with Perception
Tian-Gui, prior to battles breaking out, can potentially determine the intents of would-be attackers, and intercept their first attack. Can opt to intercept attacks against teammates/innocents with a Perception vs. Speed roll.
Final Five Finisher - Scales with Fortitude
Generates a weapon that removes Tian-Gui's armor. Before initiating attack, can be charged by allies for bonus damage. Hit creates AoE explosion.

=Jin-Sun=
Reflex Accelerator - Scales with Finesse
Allows parrying of kinetic weaponry or high-speed weaponry. Critical success can ricochet projectiles back at the attacker. No penalty to precision melee attacks.
Stealth Cloak - Scales with Finesse
Immune to visual detection systems while active. Doubled Finesse for stealth rolls. Cannot sustain if engaged in battle.
Illusion Drive - Scales with Finesse
Can assume identity of another individual utilizing finesse as roll against perception. Can only assume identity of individuals stored in memory.
EM-Wave Absorber - No Scaling
+4 Fortitude against electromagnetic attacks. Defended EM attacks grant a stack of Charge for each Critical Success. Each Charge grants Jin-Sun +1 Might, Finesse, and Speed and an additional +2 to all ability rolls he takes. Charges lost when using abilities or end of scene.

=Runa Yggdrasil=
Shapeshifting Horror - No Scaling
Can generate a variety of utilities/weapons. Too varied to detail.
Alien Resilience - No Scaling
Passive regeneration heals 1 Health per turn.
Energy-Patterning Organs - Scales with Arcane
Flight enabled. Can generate Arcane blast.
Tentacle Frenzy - Scales with Might
Generates AoE Might attack. Attacks blocked by Fortitude are followed by a Finesse vs. Fort roll; target's failure causes 1 damage to them.

=Kyouko Hiruma=
Luck Favors the Bold - No Scaling
In cases in which Kyouko's roll would tie with an opposing roll, her value always wins. Whenever Kyouko rolls against an opponent using a stat at least 1 higher than hers, she gets a 1D5 extra roll.
Unbreakable Will - No Scaling
Whenever Kyouko fails a roll, the next time she would roll the same event, she gets 1D5 extra to her roll (stacking) until she succeeds.
HYPER KYOUKO FINAL - Scales with Heroism
Kyouko can make an attack using Heroism as her damaging roll.
Neuanfang - Scales with Arcane
Allows an Arcane vs. Roll to return an object to its original/past state (reverse debuffs/buffs/health/etc), as long as it is within general vicinity of Kyouko.
???

=Iphigenia Courtlandt=
Super electrician Girl - Scales with Arcane
Can utilize electricity-based attacks. On various targets, can cause stun (resisted by Fortitude) denying them an action their next turn.
Computer Genius Girl - Scales with Perception
Can access computers with increased effectiveness/potency given a connection to nay network/terminal.
Actual Computer Girl - Scales with Perception
Given access to actual computer, can transmit consciousness into network, doubling effectiveness against computer-based systems. Rendered braindead (comatose) if connection is severed without first exiting.
Electric Personality - Scales with Arcane
Can severely hinder electronic signals of all kinds in large area (reduced effectiveness with increased range).

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: SamIO
If it might help, I mostly assumed Runa's shapeshifting would be fluff most of the time. Growing claws or a blade or whatever would basically just be changing the descriptor on her melee damage, but not actually gaining her much of anything, necessarily (but still, sometimes you want to do slashing or piercing over just blunt impact trauma). The more mechanically useful part would be tentacles, which are mostly reach and making it easier to grab/grapple people and hold them while still being free to do other things. Beyond that, I...suppose she could just do whatever one could imagine; the ability is meant to be more of a utility or enabler than generate strong mechanical effects anyway.

So, seeing how the IC will probably come up some time soon, let's talk about relationships and such!

I already know that Tian-Gui's gonna be bros with Ling, if only because he's the only one that doesn't have to back off whenever Ling goes HEAVEN BUSTER.

I would imagine that he would be pretty fine with Runa as well, as long as she doesn't start opening up mouths where there shouldn't be. Perhaps bring her over the All You Can Eat joints so that he'll never have to pay for wasted food?

As for Mia and Marlin...no particular ideas come into mind right now...though Tian-Gui would probably see Marlin's contract compulsion things as a fun challenge to break.

Runa's the sort who'd try to get along with everybody, so unless someone actively antagonizes her, she'd probably like them or be neutral on them at best. She'd be pretty curious about their own abilities, if anyone likes talking about such things.

Ling would probably just be strange to her, because he's a living spirit and such. This will confuse her pretty readily. She may or may not be afraid of him because he's a "ghost," if it might be amusing.

I would imagine that he would be pretty fine with Runa as well, as long as she doesn't start opening up mouths where there shouldn't be. Perhaps bring her over the All You Can Eat joints so that he'll never have to pay for wasted food?
She doesn't usually grow mouths and eyeballs where she doesn't need to unless she intends to use them, or is actively trying to scare someone, which usually means going Hollywood gore effects one way or another. She doesn't actually eat people and presumably knows better than to try it anyway. Taking her to any place to eat would make her happy, and chances are, she wouldn't eat so much to get banned from all you can eat places.

She'd generally get along well with Tian-Gui, because he has some similar feelings on heroism and so-on. Though with them both being on the hot blooded/energetic idiot side of things, I could see a lot of arguments or fighting, too. I can definitely see her needing to make an effort to explain to him that no, it's ok, he doesn't have to protect her from everything, and that arm will grow back in an hour anyway.

She'd probably get along with Mia, although she's far more direct. Marlin might annoy her at times because, well, if he acts like a jerk, she'll think he's a jerk. She can appreciate that he keeps his word, though.

As for Mia and Marlin...no particular ideas come into mind right now...though Tian-Gui would probably see Marlin's contract compulsion things as a fun challenge to break.
He really shouldn't.
She'd probably get along with Mia, although she's far more direct. Marlin might annoy her at times because, well, if he acts like a jerk, she'll think he's a jerk. She can appreciate that he keeps his word, though.
If she tries not to act like a dumb kid in front of him, no worries. He'll have a lot of really fun snark for her though, I can guarantee that. But holy fuck, there will be problems if she tries to touch him with even a single abominable tendril.

Mia, he'll get along with her so long as she doesn't pry into his head. He'll probably come to respect her. Seems alright.

Tian-Gui, he'll see as whatever he decides to present himself as.

Ling and Marlin won't ever butt heads. Neither of them have a reason to. If Ling keeps to himself and does his job, Marlin won't bother him.

Runa. Jesus Christ.

So yeah that's all I got to say on the matter.

Guess I'll throw one up as well. Like Runa he'll probably be neutral at worst with the others given Ling doesn't really do anything to antagonize any of the other members even if he doesn't actively cultivate relationships.

He'll avoid Marlin for the most part, no real point there.

For Runa he'll probably play up the ghost act if she runs with it, otherwise he'd probably be fascinated with watching her experiment with what she's capable of.

Doesn't seem like he'd interact with Mia all too much given they're both somewhat stand offish to my understanding.

And then there's Tian. The only person Ling can actually go full out, destroy everything, cause all the collateral damage mode on without being afraid of completely murdering.

Mia's the opposite of stand-offish — she's got no spine, man! I had planned for a pre-existing relationship with Kay's Sonia, but she didn't end up on board, so I've been trying to figure out alternatives.

Marlin seems like an apt favorite in my head, given his more familiar, normal demeanor; Tian-Gui's steadfastness is actually rather endearing, so there could be something to that as well.

Ling Zhu and Runa both share this more monstrous aspect that I imagine would be rather off-putting, but they also have a foreign perspective that could turn out to be a subject of curiosity. Runa's innocence and Ling Zhu's timelessness are very contrasting, which could develop into something that all three find an interest in.

Mia doesn't tend to pry if she can help it (she doesn't always like what she sees, and Vulcan-mind-meld-style, she experiences the emotions of what she picks up), so nobody should be particularly worried about privacy as long as they're not dwelling on something too consciously. Though I guess if you wanted to keep something secret, the intensity of its secretness would be like screaming into Mia's ears, "Please don't tell anyone!" Weird stuff. Just be emotionless automatons and you'll all be fine. xD

Currently working on (dealing with my college friend being at my house) making some short little tid bits for a few NPC FF supporters you'll be working with, as well as fine-tuning future enemies (no, not the "boss" kind, but simply the common ones I'll need to throw in your face from time to time). First off I suppose it'd be pertinent to describe the original Final Five at least a little bit. Perhaps your character bios can retroactively have some affiliation/relationship with them?

Codename: Citadel

Always the wise-cracker, Citadel livened the original Final Five where his more serious counterparts would make it dreadfully sanitary and socially uneventful. His assery was often times the bane of Gigakill's life, creating a rather big rift in friendship between the two members. Citadel nevertheless maintained a good relationship with the others, who were far more tolerant of the terrible jokes, inappropriate statements, and inconsistent effort. His previous job as a common office worker, as Citadel described it, was, "So utterly boring, he couldn't help but let loose and enjoy the hero lifestyle to its fullest."

Unifying the arts of psionics with knightly skill, Citadel was the bruiser of the group, unleashing strange psychic attacks with melee swings and in-your-face techniques. Many considered him to be the balance between magic and swordfighting, earning him the title spellsword about as often as he was called Citadel. Many attest his ability to always manage to ruin the situation perfectly with mind-reading, though none have ever managed to confirm if he can truly do as such.

Codename: Gigakill

A Japanese mecha developed during the turn of the 22nd century, it was one of the very first to display autonomy compared to its controller-manipulated brethren. Despite its novelty, Gigakill was ultimately a dime a dozen within but weeks as countless other nations and institutions created their own versions; in but months, he was surpassed by bigger and better things. Sold to a rich otaku, his form was "enhanced" to more closely resemble the culturally appropriate mecha of fiction. Nothing more than a cool statue to show off to individuals, Gigakill remained dormant for some time.

When the first hints of magic welled up from beneath the Pacific, Gigakill began to stir, soon feeling... feelings. His programming slowly became less and less "in command" of his body, and within days he could move as he pleased, confused as he was about doing so.

Free from the shackles of creation, Gigakill began to take a liking towards heroism and the like. The sheer strength and fortitude of his mystic body drew attention from a few individuals seeking to create a more 'formal' vigilante squad...

Codename: Majorana

Originally but a mundane librarian of some still-standing old-century archive, Majorana found herself drawn to the city of Shanhu when the prospects of fortune piqued her interest; in a world of electronic gadgets and easy access, a sense of novelty and uniqueness drew many "hipsters" of the rich Shanhu citizenry towards physical copies. Majorana established a successful bookstore in Shanhu, where she began to feel a sense of strangeness.

As she read through books, she began to see changes occur around her with every sentence. It took some time to fully understand what was going on, but as it was revealed, she realized how powerful an ability she had at her disposal.

While finicky, her power essentially revolves around the recounting of statements from physical books to generate changes in the world. Despite the extreme variety of abilities she could thus possess, the fact that she must read the appropriate sentence in a book means she must memorize pages and their contents, as well as have the copies on hand.

Codename: Black Star

Like Gigakill, Black Star is a robot, though was made far more recently than the mecha-style warrior. Originally intended to be an espionage machine, Black Star immediately displayed a fondness towards the fine and cultured ways of a certain James Bond described over countless stories stored on the internet. At the same time, he developed a sense of self and sentience, and peacefully disappeared from the factory that had created him. The project, it suffices to say, was a failure.

Black Star spent his time instead intercepting the more sophisticated and wealthy crime of the world, urged on by his desire to be a suave and skillful "spy", though he was more often simply considered a hero. His connections and the realization that higher crime can be generated or fueled by lower crime spurred Black Star on to create the Final Five, gathering four other individuals to fill as many roles as possible.

Black Stars powers revolve around the ability to "digitize" himself and enter into a network before appearing through any "terminal" be it a computer or wi-fi router. This invariably leads to the terminal being fried or outright destroyed in a shower of sparks. Even Black Star himself doesn't understand the process.

Codename: Lotte

"It's short for Devilotte, because I thought that name was too obvious." Lotte is the youngest of the Final Five, though is nevertheless considered the most physically strong. While not as spectacular as her comrades' lives, Lotte's was still likely the more eventful and dangerous. A runaway child in Shanhu, Lotte got by through sheer luck and tenacity; among the lower classes of Shanhu, Lotte resonates most compared to the other four of the Final Five.

Initially a low-tier villainess of sorts, Lotte was picked up the Final Five supporter Crane and summarily reprimanded after her first and only loss to the Final Five. Though she lacked any formal training, Lotte displayed a growth rate far exceeding her caretaker's expectations. Fearful of a more dangerous future foe, Lotte was carefully monitored and "raised" to try and remove the lingering 'bad' in her soul. Though she is still considered mischievous, Lotte has proven to have a good heart and a love for the city.

The 'Hulk' of the group, Lotte has the power of turmoil empowerment. Essentially, the more hectic, violent, dangerous, crazy, or out-of-control things get around her, the stronger and tougher she gets herself.

Can't wait to see the supporters. Guaranteed that Marlin only knows the original Final Five by their names and little else of them personally. The supporters, though... I guess we'll see. He might know one or two.

Not like I'm trying to play this guy off like a loner. He used to work with a partner, had contacts in the city, had connections... now its a completely different town and all new beasties to deal with.

@Asuras
Oh hey here's a question. How long is it assumed that our characters have been in the Final 5? Is this pretty recent, or just now, or maybe a couple months prior?

For your character history, you have all been with the Final Five for at least a year (unless you specifically want to come in as a new member).

Well, hm, while my initial thoughts were that Runa probably wouldn't have had much proper contact with the prior Five, if she's been a proper member of the current team for a ear, maybe she would have some acquaintance with them. I'm still not sure exactly what sort or how much. She'd probably enjoy fighting with just about anyone who would find sparring an entertaining pastime. Given that she and Lotte have similar circumstances, they might have gotten along well enough. Even if i doubt Lotte's the one anyone would really want influencing someone impressionable. ...or would Citadel be worse?

She'd probably think the robots are really damn cool, but I'm not sure about other opinions or interactions there.

I'm opting for relatively new member. Marlin will sort of know the others by name. Majorana he might know personally. Sounds like somewhere/someone he might hang around. Also adding in the Marlin may have moved to Shanhu before they considered him or *because* they were considering him. Nice to have some time to figure out the city first. Get to know the place and the people.

Yeah you know what, sure. I'll say he knows Majorana. That would give him a foot in the door with the Final 5.

Shit comes tomorrow. Waiting till my buddy is gone so I can devote full attention to catching up on rp stuff.

• Thank You
Reactions: SamIO
Status
Not open for further replies.