Final Five

Status
Not open for further replies.
coughkatanasuselessagainstgloriousknightarmorcough

I'll change the bio in a bit, though you should already know what the changes will be.

coughwhydoyouthinkwe'refightineachotherandnotherealenemyathand?cough. ;)

coughwhydoyouthinkarmorisexclusivetoTianGuicough

For real though, Asuras is a scumbag that will set shit up just to screw with your character. I had another character that gets buffs by landing successful attacks onto enemies and then eating them. So for the second fight, he had another character's attack incinerate the enemy so I can't eat shit, and for the third fight, he made an enemy that was made out of steel and magic, so I can't even eat it.

Just watch as every enemy pops up with majestic plate armor, so that he can spite the katana users. XD Better get a gun as well.

Super heated blade. Melts armor. Thanks for the heads up. maybe I'll give him a revolver... and an anti tank gun... and maybe some kind of laser... We'll just have the revolver and sword.

Probably needs an anti-battleship railgun pistol revolver chainsword. Fort 7-9 is enough to ignore anti-tank weaponry.

• Love
Reactions: SteelMoon
Just get a light saber or something instead of a katana if you're worried about stuff like that. Or have it slice apart at a subatomic level.

Just get a light saber or something instead of a katana if you're worried about stuff like that. Or have it slice apart at a subatomic level.
Mechanics > Fluff.

Probably needs an anti-battleship railgun pistol revolver chainsword. Fort 7-9 is enough to ignore anti-tank weaponry.

hqdefault.jpg

This actually sounds like the most amazing thing in existence.

It's a thing now. SAM is a lady killer. and a man killer. and a tank killer. That makes toast. (It's not a thing.)

coughwhydoyouthinkarmorisexclusivetoTianGuicough

For real though, Asuras is a scumbag that will set shit up just to screw with your character. I had another character that gets buffs by landing successful attacks onto enemies and then eating them. So for the second fight, he had another character's attack incinerate the enemy so I can't eat shit, and for the third fight, he made an enemy that was made out of steel and magic, so I can't even eat it.

Just watch as every enemy pops up with majestic plate armor, so that he can spite the katana users. XD Better get a gun as well.
Or maybe, just maybe, working as a team will be effective enough to overcome obstacles that you alone cannot beat.

tumblr_inline_n168byn2BC1qmerqk.gif

Reactions: Twisted
I mean, we could do that, but everyone knows that Power Ranger-esque groups are always about the individual. After all, there's no 'I' in team, but there is one in 'SUPA SENTAII'.

I'm not sure that's quite how it works. Katanas are fine, though it's funny that everyone who uses a sword specifically uses a katana and not any other form of sword. Also, who needs weapons, anyway? Unarmed means never worrying about being caught without your weapon of choice.

ZsuOlmT.png

Alt

Name: Iphigenia ‘Tai-Ho’ Courtlandt

Personality:

For a product of old world wealth, Iphigenia is a surprisingly personable individual. She demonstrates understanding, high empathy, and good humor. She doesn’t seem to take herself too seriously, is self-aware of her flaws, and likes to make self-deprecating jokes poking fun at them. For an upper-class girl, she has always been unafraid to dive headfirst into the gritty and grimy aspects of both society and simple mundane things, and Iphie genuinely lacks the haughty demeanor that can be found on others in her social class.

But if one wants to get to know her, he should not be fooled by her amicability or down-to-earth nature, lest he be taken advantage of. Succinctly described as an exceptionally self-controlled, marginally narcissistic, high-functioning sociopath, Iphigenia is a cold, calculating and manipulative person under a well-crafted social veneer. Lacking any innate empathy, she emulates her behavior through sheer intelligence and perception. Although she surrounds herself with many friends, she only considers less than a half-dozen individuals her true friends. Though unlikely, sometimes cracks in her facade can show through or even be absent completely, although the latter is observed only in the presence of her closest inner circle.

Certain aspects of her personality can be quite fleeting and mercurial, depending on the environment she’s in and the company she’s entertaining. She often alternates from being reserved and polite to outgoing and energetic, the latter of which she has a predilection for and is her true nature.

Driven and motivated, crossing Iphigenia or gaining her ire is not a pleasant experience on account of her vindictiveness. It is difficult to draw her to genuine, open anger, but god have mercy their soul should somebody fall under her angered eye; for once she has a goal set, she will attempt to bulldoze everything that stands in its way.

Biography:

Iphigenia was born a single child to an old family lineage that hails from sunny England. Formerly a textbook wealthy, white Anglo-Saxon protestant family, the spread of globalization has diversified the family line in the past 150 years such that Iphie is a mixing pot of different ethnicities, being Anglo-Saxon, Japanese, and Chinese. Brought into the world by a family of unfathomably large wealth, she was a quite pampered and comfortable kid.

Despite her comfort, she was never one to be idle as a child. With a majority owner of an inherited multi-billion dollar technology conglomerate for a father and the Japanese minister of MLIT for a mother, she had quite a few expectations to live up to, both personal and external.

This task was a challenge that the young British girl quickly rose up to, if only to at least maintain the status quo; to be the next generational head of the company her forefathers wrought with tears and sweat for three centuries in the making. Excelling in computer sciences, she was mildly notable enough in her earlier years to be known uncreatively as “that computer genius girl” on the internet. Her abilities culminated in her taking an engineering position at her family’s own company, a milestone that would be unusually significant only a merely a year after starting there.

The first sign of something amiss in her daily life was rather mundane; while swapping a drive from a laptop computer, the device suddenly turned on, stinging her as electrical arcs from the laptop connected with her fingers. This event, having no lasting effects and with the device continuing to function, was dismissed and quickly forgotten.

It was on a mellow, slightly breezy day with blue skies that a broadcasting and telecommunications spire on a high-rise building suffered a communications failure. The failure was large enough such that an entire team of engineers were summoned to remedy the issue. While not part of this team, Iphigenia attached herself to this crew to learn more about it, a minor decision that quickly became life changing when a lightning strike unexpectedly struck the spire, destroying it instantly in an impressive display of pyrotechnics. For a few moments, her life was fire and brimstone before everything went black.

Iphigenia awoke from her coma just under a week later, in the presence of her father and childhood maid, who was hoveringly uncomfortably close to her. From them she learned that the spire had collapsed, sending the oversized noodle to the streets below, and the skyscraper had burned for three days. The entire engineering team had been killed save for herself, who had been found unconscious in the gutted superstructure of the tower observation deck. While not immediately related, the events now known as ‘The Surge’ happened a mere few days later, throwing the family into further disarray. While recovering from the aftermath of the incidents over the course of the following weeks, Iphie discovered she had become able to manipulate electricity from the fiasco in the towering inferno.

The stress of the abyssal attack and the damage it wrought brought her father to an early grave with a heart attack at age 66. With his early passing, the majority shareholder of Courtlandt Holdings became the recently-of-age Iphie, and with her ownership, the majority of the board seats of the corporation. Naturally, being only 20, she couldn’t very well run the company by herself, preferring to maintain the status quo with trusted appointees to the board. One of her few decisions as owner, however, was to offer support to the fledgling organization of the Final Five.

With a hands-off involvement with the business, Iphigenia was able to spend time to further understand her newly acquired abilities. During this period of time, she was able to make even more of a name for herself, culminating in her transition from a supporting member to one of the Final Five.

Stats:
Might - 1
Finesse - 11
Fortitude - 2
Health - 3
Speed - 3
Perception - 11
Arcane - 7
Spirit - 2
Heroism - 1

Abilities:

Super Electrician Girl

Iphigenia possesses an ability that gives her near comprehensive control over electricity. Lightning bolt from the heavens? Snap! Electrical surge from the hand? Crackle! Toaster not hot enough to toast those strudels well? Pop! Electricity cut to your PC? Who needs a Universal Power supply or a generator? You probably get the idea; there’s wide variety of uses. Furthermore, it’s exceedingly difficult for her to be electrocuted. Hell, you can probably use Iphie as a temporary replacement for a section of high-voltage transmission wire if you somehow persuaded her to do such a thing. Don’t try to have her power a city block, though. That kills the rich girl.

“That Computer Genius Girl”
Since data is all 0s and 1s in the form of a digital signal, with enough finesse the next logical step is the remote control of unsecured networked computer systems. Iphie can literally do anything she can do at a computer if a piece of metal she touches has a direct connection with a network cable with the targeted computer in question. This can’t be used with the next skill unless the device is very close or the connection very persistent, because that would also kill the rich girl.

“That Actual Computer Girl”
Since the brain is essentially just electric pulses, the final logical step is directly interfacing with a computer by directly touching it. In this manner she can penetrate some secure systems or take control of them. That shoreline battery? Yeah, she can control that. The caveat of this ability is if the connection is severed unexpectedly, the interfaced device is destroyed, or an unexpected backward surge of voltage occurs, Iphie would be rendered braindead as she’s literally transferred her consciousness over to the target device. In other words, cover the fuck out of this girl if she’s doing this shit, because this too, will likely kill the rich girl. In theory, however, if the processing power, memory speed, and storage capacity are sufficient, she might be able to persist in the device even though her body is deaderinos.

The Girl with an Electric Personality
What’s an electric girl in the Final Five without the ability to conduct electronic warfare? In this regard, Iphie is like a walking equivalent of a modern US, Chinese, or Japanese destroyer, at least in regards to EM attack and electronic countermeasures. Essentially, she can jam radio signals, spoof missiles, and disable radar. Anything the electronics suite of a warship can do, she can do it. Exceptional in that it’s pretty hard to kill the rich girl with any of this.

Equipment:
Iphigenia has two pieces of noteworthy “equipment”:

-Courtlandt Holdings, Inc.; produces household appliances, consumer and business electronics, and energy solutions. For some reason it also has an ice cream producing subsidiary, ever since a member of the family bought Ben & Jerry’s from Unilever on a whim during a drug induced ice cream binge fifty years ago. It also has a thinktank and a startup cybersecurity firm under its umbrella, courtesy of Iphie.

-Dolla dolla bills yall Money

Anything else such as her current phone or laptop are probably fleeting.

Theme Song

Last edited:
  • Love
@Asuras

Heh, yeah I saw katanas keep popping in CS after CS... Who can help it, they're just such a badass weapon! That being said, I'll try think up something a little more original for Sen. Time to delve into the vast (and sometime disturbing) realms of wikipedia and google images!

I'll PM you in a minute re: history. I tend to keep them vague for a couple reasons: one, when things are less concrete there's more of a chance to play around with a character's past as you start to really get into their head; two, it means more revelation and storytelling within the RP itself that the other players aren't aware of. Looking back on it I definitely agree though that I was on the wrong side of vague. Like I said, PM coming your way.

Also, thanks detailed feedback - trust me, I know how hard it is to keep focusing when reviewing CS after CS after CS... I'll do my best to make the most out of it!

I went with the sword that the katana was derived from. a 4-5 foot blade. It was used to cut up infantry while not having to worry about getting pulled off your horse... or for robot ninjas to make beef stew out of people ;) By the way @Click This I can say I haven't had such a good time reading a CS in forever. Clever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Astoria
I just ended up upsizing. ^^

I like to follow a very simple philosophy when it comes to melee weapons:

Problem with a whacky-stick? Solution: get a bigger whacky-stick.

Thanks for the input, Asuras! I actually wanted to make Hyun-seok a little more morally ambiguous, but since that wasn't an option, went for the other extreme. Upon second thought, you are absolutely right that that's a little silly. As for the katana, I just threw that in there because I wanted to give him a close-range weapon of some kind, and that was the only weapon that showed up when I looked up pictures of his face claim. I didn't really think about the fact that there were other katana people, but I'll be sure to fix it, cause it's a pretty easy fix! I'll probably go with staff. Love those.

I'm... not totally certain if you have a problem with his more distant attitude, or his three-part name. Considering his mother also happened to be a different ethnicity from his father I didn't think it was that far-fetched, especially as he didn't pick his name himself.... As for the "edgy background" and "dire connotations" of his powers... I'm... really not sure how to fix either of those... so I'll leave it be. Anyways! It's a bit easier for you if you can weed out CS's quickly, right? I'll edit what I can, but in the end, you have a hard choice ahead of you even not considering my CS, @Asuras! Good luck!

OH! Also! If you want a more detailed explanation about what I consider "Perception Reality" to be and why I labeled it as such, ask and I'll PM it to you.

Last edited:
@Asuras! Edited his CS!

If you want a quick overview instead of rereading it:

I changed the katana to a wooden staff. It's perhaps less offensive than a gun or a sword, but 1. I feel like he'd be able to use it much more proficiently than a katana, which he'd have less experience training with, 2. staffs can be versatile and pretty useful weapons (though that's just IMO), and 3. his supernatural powers already make him better as a less direct and flashy fighter.

The last paragraph of his bio was edited such that his motivation for joining the Final Five (as well as their interest in him) was a little more understandable, but I did not change his "edgy background" because I honestly don't think I can. I can't really think of a way to make it so that he grew up in a normal home, got supernatural powers without an inciting event, and joined the Final Five while having a happy family still to protect. It just doesn't fit in with the character he's become.

Finally, I edited his personality pretty much to how I had originally intended it to be. Okay, he's a little bit of an anti-hero, but I figured this should work better than me trying to force him to be some selfless, kind existence that he wasn't really supposed to be in the first place. I got rid of the "protective" personality trait and switched it up a bit to "Meticulous" while splitting "Practical" and "Suspicious" into separate parts, which should hopefully not make you give me the "muppet eyebrows."

Sorry, but I didn't change his powers at all. I was actually worried that they might be a little too weak, as they're not directly fighting powers, so to hear you say that his powers have dire connotations kind of surprised me. I dunno why you think they're strange either so... since I didn't quite understand the problem, I couldn't think of a way to fix it.

If I don't get accepted I'll still probably stalk the IC. :D The idea you came up with is really cool, and I look forward to seeing it in action, with or without me.

Status
Not open for further replies.