Final Fate(One on One for GaiusGermanicusBloodsoak)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malik was sitting there looking into some data while Aria just rested up against him her eyes shut as she relaxed into his warmth. "You just don't know when to take a real break do you Malik?" Noah asked as he saw him working as he walked in. "Finding that tree is my top priority I'm relaxing as well. And you have a big mouth you know that telling Aria I was dead for a period of minutes was not a smart move." Malik stated calmly glaring at the kid. He suddenly found his computer shut off Aria having reached down to yank the plug. "No my data!" He cried jumping up but found himself yanked back down by her the laptop pushed away. Aria just said, "Cut out the research for now or else..." She gave him a look that clearly showed she meant what she said. Malik sighed and said, "You just aren't happy unless I'm around you are you Aria... I see you're an emotional wreck right now what is it you want of me..." "You know very well what Malik your time of course... I haven't been able to see you physically for nearly a year now... Or you saying you don't want to spend time with me?" Aria asked. "Whoa whoa don't start crying now please I don't deal well with crying girls." Malik said quickly.

Barok decided to let Malik and Noah deal with Aria, as he chatted with 'Fruitcake' who was actually a pretty nice and talkative guy. They were busy chatting about the latest guns, and tech, and telling stories of their service. He glanced back over at the trio and saw that Aria was on the verge of tears. He decided not to say anything seeing as how they were having a moment. He resumed talking with the guard and let out a light laugh as he realized Malik's ignorance of what girl's want.

"God you're fucking dense Malik even I know what she wants and I'm just becoming a teen!" Noah said with a roll of his eyes. Malik finally stood up caving in he said, "Aria let's get off this bridge for a few it's far too stuffy and go somewhere a litte more private have some tea so you can already relax."The two of them left and disappeared and Nero who was talking to Barok said, "Her father is going to kill me if I think what happens does happen." "Just let them be Nero trust me it's better if it does god knows they both need to calm the fuck down." Noah said. "Smart boy perhaps you're right I've seen the princess do a three sixty in the last hour alone with her personality and it has me worried." Nero said shaking his head.Grabbing Malik's computer Noah sat down and said, "Maybe I can find some data are we heading back to her home Nero?" "That was the plan you all need a new ship after all." Nero said.

Barok arched an eyebrow as Malik and Aria walked away. He was about to make a crack about young love but then remembered that he was nearly 100 years old. Barok took the pistol out from the small of his back so he could sit down. He set it on a table that was a few feet away from where he was sitting. He wondered where the nearest weapons shop was since just before getting involved with Malik and Noah, he made a big sale that left him with a shitload of money. He wanted to pick up a couple of new guns or knives, seeing as how he had had his current pistol since he was in the service. He leaned back in the chair and folded his arms behind his head. 'Maybe the next ship can last for more than a few hours.' he thought to himself.

Noah and Nero got into an intense chess game as the hours ticked by and Aria returned about three hours later alone. Walking by she studied the board they were playing on before moving Noah's piece saying, "Check mate." Nero slapped a hand to his head and grumbled and Noah asked, "How's Malik?" "Don't know he's kinda asleep not like I can wake him to ask him." Aria stated taking a seat. Noah bust out laughing and said, "Good because he's been a pain in my ass for months now." Nero just went wide eyed at Aria and said, "Princess Aria how could you!" He got punched and Aria sent him smacking into Barok the two falling over with a crash. "What I do is my own business Nero get that?" Aria asked. "Point made..." Nero said with a groan.

Barok was minding his own business when Nero went flying into him. "Fucking hell" he grumbled as he rubbed his head. He assisted Nero to his feet and got back into his chair, scooting it a bit further away. 'girl hits like a fucking ox' he thought to himself. Laughing it off, he casually stated. "She's got a mean jab don't she?" He made sure he was out of Nero's immediate vicinity so that he wouldn't be able to smack him.

A thunk was heard when a bucket landed on his head and Aria said, "I am not a brute thank you very much!" Nero just went back to his post and Noah said, "Well glad to see you back to normal Aria." "Thanks I do feel a bit better now." Aria said smiling as she grabbed Noah in a hug. "Ack lemme go!!" Noah whined flailing his face bright red. "But why you're such a cutie pie like the little brother I always wanted." Aria teased as she held him.

Barok lifted the bucket of his head grumbling, "Take the freaking compliment Aria." He tossed the bucket aside. Aria was starting to look less and less appealing to him. He let out a short laugh as he watched Noah struggle, and grabbed his pistol, putting it on his hip. He wondered how long Malik would be asleep and when they would be landing.

Aria just sat down after that and within another eight hours a planet came into view. They didn't even have to go through the check point as they went to the landing dock immediately. "You like the fact we past the security so easily Malik? You could have the same benefits too you know if you took on an imperial air ship." Aria said as they walked off onto solid ground. "Thanks but your father doesn't approve of me too much Aria... Least not yet I swear I have to tip toe when it comes to him because one wrong move I feel like I'll be sent off to slaughter..." Malik said. "I figured you'd say that. I think it's more the fact you're just a commoner but my brother is next in line so I should be allowed to be with who I want the way I see it." Aria said. "Yes well even so you shouldn't just run off without saying anything either Aria." Said the voice of a male."Speak of the devil.... Did father send you to meet us here Xavier..." Aria said looking at the man who came walking up. "Yes he did and where was it you went off too in such a rush?" Xavier asked though seeing Malik who did not make eye contact with him he said, "Oh... I see now never mind... Will you be going out for a while longer I take it?" "Yes I need to find a decent ship for Malik. They had a run in with a black hole he needs one if he's to find what we've been searching for so if you could tell father we'd appreciate it." Aria stated calmly.

Dozing off in his chair, Barok woke up when someone mentioned a planet coming up. They slipped right by without going through a checkpoint, which he liked quite a bit. When they departed the ship he saw someone coming up in the distance and heard Aria mentioning her brother and father. He listened to her talk to him and kept beside Malik and Noah. He arched an eyebrow when she casually mentioned needing a new ship as if they had 50 that were readily disposable at the snap of the fingers. He wondered about her father and if they would see him or if they would just hop aboard a ship and leave.

"Another ship how many does this make sister we can't keep tossing money like this." Xavier said shaking his head. "Fine take me to a ship grave yard I'll just fix the one in the best shape. They don't call me the miracle engineer for nothing I spent at least ten years with my teacher learning the ways of ships." "I suppose but what makes you think you can fix an old rust bucket and make it fly again you have any idea how much that's going to take." Xavier asked. "As long as the core is in tact it'll fly and you can't say you don't have junk ships laying around pretty boy." Malik retorted. "He's right you know brother we've had a few demos go wrong and you can't complain if he takes scraps now can you." Aria stated. Xavier threw his hands up into the air frusturated saying, "Fine do as you wish as for you Aria you can't just run off like this anymore." He then walked off after that and Aria stuck her tounge out at his back.

'Well, so much for that new ship smell.' Barok aimlessly thought to himself. Apparently Malik was going to fix up a ship and try to get it flying, fine, so long as he didn't ask Barok for help, which he didn't see happening. He was better at blowing the shit up out of them then he was at fixing them. He was curious to see what kind of ships a wealthy royal family would have in a junkyard as compared to what he had seen in the slums of some planets. He secretly hoped that Malik or one of them would choose an old military cruiser, as he just loved those fucking things. They were heavily armored, had a shit load of guns, and lastly, just looked cool as hell.
He tossed a glance over at Aria and Xavier as he threw his hands up. He wondered how much trouble her father had reigning in a free spirit such as her.

Obtaining a vehicle Aria had them taken to the junk yard and Malik got out looking around. "Aria I got a list of things I need to borrow like tools for the most part." Malik said handing her the paper and Aria nodded. Malik gave a nod toward Barok and said, "Pick the one that looks the most appealing to you and I'll see if I can work with it." "And what do I do..." Asked Noah with a pout. "Go with Aria she doesn't know two shits about mechanic tools so you'll be her guide." Malik said. "Roger that!" Noah said.

Barok jumped at the chance to pick a ship. He walked through the junkyard with Malik examining ships of all kinds. Star ships, interplanetary cargo haulers, fast attack fighters, all wonderful ships, until he came across one that was particularly promising. It was an older military cruiser. From the looks of it, the hull was still in good shape, looked badass as hell, and had giant turrets attached to it. "Hey Malik here's one. It's an old battle cruiser, hull's good, has thick armor, nice defensive turrets. Whatcha think?" he asked.

Malik walked around it knocking on the side until a hatch swung open and he hopped up an crawled inside. "Whoa!!" He cried falling further in a clang was heard from within the hull of the ship followed by cursing seconds after that. Malik had falling inside the right area though and pulling a flash light out of his pocket he called back out, "Get me a rope unless you can squeeze your ass in here and pull me out!"

Barok couldn't help but laugh slightly when he saw Malik fall in and crash. He decided that he was doing no good standing around and picked up a coil of rope that was sitting on the ground nearby. He fed one end into the hatch down to where Malik was. "Here ya go chum" he said lightheartedly. As he waited for him to grab the rope, he looked up at the ship. It was a nice vessel and reminded him of the one he served aboard.

As Malik climbed back out he was covered head to toe in dirt, grime, oil and other old engine fluids. "The core seems to be in okay shape for the most part but with all these extra weaponry parts they'll just be in the way unless we get them suckers fixed." Malik said as he tapped the ship.

Barok straightened up when he heard Malik mention the weapons. "Fret not Malik. I can have these babies up and running in no time. Soon as they return with the tools, we can get started on this bad boy. Be it the simplest pistol, or the most complicated Ion cannon, I can get it shooting." He hopped inside the ship and looked around at the turrets and the integrated weapon systems for a little bit then hopped back out. "All the parts needed to get them in shooting order are still there so this'll be no problem." He was eager as he could be to get his hands on some weapons again.

Aria returned a short time later with a hauler thanks to Noah knowing how to drive it. Hopping out Noah said, "We had money left over from what we were wired a while back so I took the liberty of getting some other things we can possibly use too. Did you guys decide and wow Malik what happened to you?" "Shut up you little shit I fell into the core area anyways grab what you need for your end Barok I'm going to start taking down notes of what needs to be fixed." Malik said.

He then went and crawled back into the side hatch and started having Noah taking down notes. They worked long until it was nearly dark and Aria said, "You boys tired yet I mean you can always come sleep at my place for the night. "Ha as if Aria we're camping under the stars tonight so you can go on home now if you wish." Malik said but he found himself yanked over and Aria said, "Not without a goodnight kiss from you then." "Hey let me go already!" Malik whined. "Oh shut up and just smooch her already so she leaves us alone Malik!" Noah said annoyed

"Fine..." Malik grumbled and after he gave her a kiss he said, "Happy now shoo and don't come back in the morning." "Oh as if I'm bringing you boys food tomorrow so try and not to freeze tonight." Aria said walking off with a wave. "Jeez she's all over you like glue Malik.." Noah stated. "It's getting old though..." Malik said with a sigh.

When Aria and Noah came back with the tools, Barok jumped to work right away. He grabbed some tools and hopped back into the ship. He decided to start from the top mounted turret downwards. The ship was fairly large and had an assload of weaponry. From where he was he could hear Malik and Aria going at it. He let out a laugh as he heard Malik admit defeat.

When he got to the top turret, he set to work, examining what each of the turret's four heavy guns needed fixed. He whistled a cheerful tune as he fixed firing pins, realigned bolt carrier groups and as he went about other tasks. He took delight as he gradually got more and more covered in grease and built up residue, as he took it as a sign that he was getting stuff done.

Status
Not open for further replies.