Final Fate(One on One for GaiusGermanicusBloodsoak)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noah tried to speak but coughed slightly and a medic came back on and said, "Why don't you two come with your friend we need to give you some check overs." "Yeah.... I feel sick..." Noah said as he and Barok followed the man. "So what happened your ship looks like it went through a meat grinder." The medic noted and Noah turned only to go wide eye and wince seeing their ship suddenly fall on it side with a thunk. "Black hole... we're lucky to be alive..." Noah said wheezing slightly as he coughed. "Black hole...? Oh wait I keep forgetting those are what humans call them for the most part. We call them space rifts out here though." The medic said having Noah sit down and removing his shirt Noah took as much normal breaths as he possibly could while the machine did it scanning of him. "Your lungs are strained it seems kid you're going to hate me but you need to be on oxygen for a couple weeks so they can heal we're putting you in. If you don't your long will cave and you'll die." "Fuck my life! Fine put me in the same room as my friend I'm worried about him." Noah said wheezing as he coughed loudly.

Barok followed the orders of the nurse, allowing them to scan him with the machine. "That's odd" she exclaimed. "Aside from very slight and superficial lung stress, you're just fine." He gave her a friendly smile. "You can thank my HPST for that". "Oh" stated the nurse "Were you in the military?" He gave her a nod before she continued. "If you'd like, I could lead you to the room where your friends are being taken care of." " I would greatly appreciate that miss" He got up and followed her down the hall, taking a couple of turns and ending at the room where Malik and Noah were. He walked in and sat down in a chair between their beds.

Noah who was shivering grumbled about it being cold finally he wedge himself next to Malik for some kind of warmth. "No comments out of you captain ass... I just need to keep warm or I'll freeze to death in here. Not like I'm coming out the closet or anything." Noah said trying to get comfortable. "Quit elbowing my ribs and go to sleep then you snot..." Malik said then shifting onto his side and now he and Noah were back to back."What's your diagnoses Malik..." Noah asked. "My lungs are damaged and my stomach got balled up it seems I'll be going for surgery tomorrow.." Malik said wincing. "Will they have to cut you open..." Noah then asked. "Yes they'll have too. And they didn't do it today because I need to recover from my rebound..." Malik said. "I'm sorry... You got so worried about me you neglected your own well being..." Noah whimpered. "Don't start crying brat... I'd give my life for you at this point we've been together as buds for so long. If I ever find my home you're coming with me and maybe jerk can too if he stops hitting on my girl.." Malik said smirking toward Barok.

Barok let out a laugh at Malik's remark. "I might give it some thought" he said. He eyed the nurse as she came into the room to check on them for the last time that night. She gave him a smile as she walked out. Barok positioned his chair against a corner in the room and shut his eyes. He decided that these guys were alright and that he would give them the same dedication he gave the men under his command. The emblem on his neck faintly glowed as he drifted off to sleep.

The next day Malik was taken in for surgery and Noah just lay there watching the clock along with Barok. "Hey... Barok.... this is a weird question but do you believe there's a god out there.... I don't believe there is but in a way I think something had to have made us and our vast universe. Lately I've been hearing this voice call out my name during the night and no one else can hear it... It was scary at first but now I've gotten used to it..." Noah said as he lay there.

Barok arched an eyebrow as he thought about the question. "Is their a god? Hm" It was a question he had pondered many a time while sitting in a foxhole or a turret chair and getting the shit blasted out of him. "I suppose that their has to be something out there in the vastness of the universe. Be it some omnipotent God or a enigmatic force at work, their has to be something." He looked over at Noah and smiled at him.

Noah grinned saying, "Glad to see we're on the same page. He coughed slightly and winced as his chest pained him. Within the next hour and half Malik had been brought back in and Noah moved back to his own bed knowing he was going to be sore beyond hell. Within the week Malik had been released before Noah and when he saw the state his ship was in he ended up nearly passing out. He was pissed and sure wasn't looking forward having to Aria why he needed a new ship. "So you're saying you had a run in with an unknown species of space squid and got sucked into a black hole and now the ship is trashed?" Aria asked as he spoke with her over the communication intercom that he was using at the hospital. "Pretty much Noah is still in for another week my stomach ended up needing surgery and we're fucking stranded thanks to this crap." Malik said sighing. "And what about your new friend is he dead or what?" Aria asked. "No Barok's alive... I made him wait with Noah to keep the kid company." Malik said frowning."I guess it can't be helped I'll be coming your way and arrive in twenty four hours tops. Get some rest and don't push yourself see you in a day." Aria said cutting the link. Noah sat up when Malik came back in saying, "Aria is coming to pick us up..." "Really I suppose she cant send us a ship." Noah said.

Barok grinned to himself as he thought of the opportunity to see Aria in person. He decided to lay off of the hitting on, seeing as she was pretty attached to Malik. To pass the time, he wondered what the new ship would look like, but quickly got bored with that. He stayed in Noah's hospital room, to help keep him company. When their were lulls in the conversation, his mind would wander to the memories that the transpired events conjured up. They were as fresh as if they had just happened in his mind. They entertained him to no end as he relived memories of the war, of his adventures in love and the sins of the flesh that infallibly followed them.

Noah smiled saying, "That's good while you were in call I had another scan done they said I can get out by the end of the day since I'm healing up fast." Malik smiled and rubbed the kid's head and Noah said, "Did you tell Aria you pretty much died or flatlined?" "Hell no I don't need to burden her any further and I'm alive thanks to Barok so there's no point." Malik said. Noah laughed and said, "Whatever you say Malik I think you're just trying to avoid a scolding." Malik glared at the kid and said, "Zip your trap and go to sleep you little shit!" He then said, "Barok you wanna leave the runt for a few and hit a bar up on this planet? I'm sure htere's plenty of women there for you to eye."

Barok gave a self deprecating grin and he replied "sure, why the hell not." It had been awhile since he actually went to a bar for enjoyment and not for some seedy eavesdropping. "See ya later Noah" he said as he walked out of the room passing by the same nurse who again gave him a smile. "So Malik, How many do you think you can knock back before going under the table?" Barok asked, trying to make idle conversation.

Malik smirked saying, "I'll be praying for your mortal soul because buddy no ones ever beaten me yet so let's see who caves first." Leaving the hospital they both found a bar and Malik went and ordered his favorite drink downing it in less then then a minute before saying, "There's number one."

Barok gave him a nod and held up two fingers to the bartender and he downed two glasses of whiskey in the same time that malik downed one. "Theirs 2, ya Ancient toddler"

"Least I'm not some fat middle aged human my people just age differently you jack ass!" Malik said glaring. He then grabbed a pitcher and started to drink the whole thing down in one go till he got the last drop down he then said, "Four on you now asshole." Their little escapade had continued until they both didn't pass out but both just couldn't physically drink anymore.

The next day:
Aria just stood there her arms crossed her chest and she could not believe what she was seeing. Both Malik and Barok were having hang overs from hell. Malik had puked at least six times in the last hour alone. "I take a full day trip to come see two pigs honestly you two are grown men you should know better then this!" Arai scolded. "Excuse us princess for having a little fun..." Malik grumbled a crack was heard and he yelped when Aria slapped him saying, "No lip from you just get on my ship for now all of you!" "You two are SO busted." Noah said walking out.

Barok stuck his tongue out clumsily at Noah "At least we can drink" Barok hadn't puked once seeing as he was used to liver destroying drinking contests. That's basically all they did during down time in the barracks. "We should know better than this, we just don't care enough not to do it." He had trouble keeping his tongue under control when he was drunk and hung over. He cringed in preparation for being slapped, which he knew would come.

Though the moment he walked onto the docking area of the ship a loud splash was heard when a bucket of ice water was sloshed onto him by Aria who snapped, "Clam up you drunk pig and sober up already!!" She then hit him in the stomach with the bucket before turning to her guard saying, "Tell the bridge to crank the engines we're heading out!"
"Yes ma'am!" Her guard said with a salute before walking off. Malik was already on the bridge just sitting there with a bucket next to him. "Here drink this it'll take off the hang over.." Aria said handing Malik a cup of warm liquid. He took it down slowly and the moment he finished it he found himself forced to look at Aria. "Noah told me how you practically sacrifced your own safety to help him.... He said you stopped breathing and you had to be given CPR..." Aria said. "Aria I'm so-" Malik tried to apolgize but cut off when she kissed him suddenly silencing him. He caved in that moment and didn't resist it the slightest and felt himself relax. She pulled away and said, "I'm taking you home for now you're to spend a couple weeks at my home to fully recover from your ordeal..." Malik who was flushed nodded and said, "Alright you win I'll need to go searching again after though....." Noah came leading Barok in after finding the guy a place where he could dry off. "Lumpy here has something to say to you." Noah said nudging Barok to make him apologize to Aria.

Barok grunted at being hit in the stomach by the bucket. He was led off by Noah to go dry off. After all that was taken care of, and his hangover significantly reduced. He headed back towards Aria and Malik. He snorted slightly at being nudged by Noah "Sorry miss Aria" he said. Hoping that that was enough, backed up a bit behind Noah as he noticed the other bucket beside Malik and not wanting to get hit with it again.

"It's fine I still haven't thanked you properly for saving Malik's life anyways... So thank you..." Aria said in a soft tone. Malik looked at him saying, "I'm never getting drunk with you again..." He stood up but Aria grabbed his wrist lightly and he looked at her saying, "What is it.. Is something wrong?" "Is it so wrong that I'd rather you stick with me for a few?" Aria asked. Malik sighed and smiled saying, "If you let me actually go have a wash up and shower to get the smell of that bar off me I see no problem with that..." "That's a not a bad idea bring your friend with you and I'll have a change of clothes brought to you two." Aria said letting go of him. "I'll join you guys for the hell of it besides isn't it like a sauna those are good for the body." "That's fine come on Barok you needto wash up too for the sake of us all." Malik said with a smirk as they left the bridge. Sititing back about ten minutes late enjoying the steamed room Malik just said, "I guess this does beat having a standard shower on our old ship. He noticed Noah was avoding eye contact on him as usual and he knew clearly why. "You didn't have to force yourself to come in here Noah... I know seeing such scars makes you feel uncomfortable..." Malik said.

Barok leaned his head against the wall of that sauna room. With the mention of Malik's scars, he gave a quick glance over to his direction. He the saw the red lines up and down his body. He leaned back against the wall and gave a sigh of enjoyment. The steam of the sauna felt pretty good on his callused skin. If being the 'caretaker' of these two had perks like this, he could get quite used to it.

"Come here kid..." Malik said hugging Noah close to him. "Ack stop it you're embarrasing me!" Noah cried flailing as Malik hugged him. "I think the steam is making you retarded kid you held onto me the whole black hole ordeal so what's the difference and whose else is here to see us aside from Barok?" Malik said letting go of him. Noah flushed and said, "That was different I really thought I was gonna die is all.. And I was scared okay but honestly Aria cried when I told her what happened to you so it's no wonder she's been hanging off you since we got on board." "Yeah I guess I worried her and I feel bad but you were my priority all I could think of was protecting you." Malik said as he went and soaked himself a bit more before getting up."I'm done here so I need to go make sure she doesn't fly off the hook with her emotions I'm alive that's all that matters." Malik said going to the other room and getting the clothes left for him on. Noah looked to Barok and said, "I don't get girls at all why is it they always cry so easily."

Barok felt like a father answering woman related questions for his son. He thought about it for a moment then started. "I suppose it's because girls are more sensitive to certain things than guys are. Due to social expectations, and evolutionary biology, girls react differently to different things than guy do. Their supposed to be the voice of higher sensibility and reason to counter act the impulsive nature of guys, and when it comes to someone that the girl loves, she crys so as to dissuade him from doing something stupid. Or something along those lines." he got up and started to walk out of the steam room, ready to get into some fresh clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.