Final Fate(One on One for GaiusGermanicusBloodsoak)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malik reached up with one hand and caught the can tossed his way by Noah who handed Barok his. "Ya it's called Valhalla and is the only one of it's kind. I got it from a sponsor of mine whose ideal goal is to locate the tree to protect it from people who would use it for personal gain. I just requested a no man crew though it would be nice. I wonder if I should pay them a visit and ask for a few more hands I was offered some fine insurance a while back." Malik said opening the can pointing it purposely at Noah and it splattered the kid. "Ass..." Noah said flipping Malik off. "Well you shook it up you little shit." Malik said grinning. "Now my sandwich smells like cheap ass liquor." Noah whined but he crammed it down anyway before saying, "Malik's sponsor is just after him for his knowledge she even went as far to wanting to marry his ass. He turned that offer down though saying he likes his freedom. "Yeah I mean I ain't using her for her money like you made it sound like kid. I get what I want and she gets what she wants therefore everyone wins and I got this nice ass ship and leave the cover up bull shit for them to handle." Malik said. "Also there ain't a computer you can't hack is there." Noah said grinning.

Barok quietly thanked Noah for the can of liquor and let out a light laugh at Malik's story. "Despite your age, there's still something you can learn about marriage Malik. When you only fuck one girl, you can't get caught." he took a drink from the can, frowning slightly at the taste but still drank it none the less, he wasn't one to turn down free alcohol. "I myself have been searching for the tree for sometime now, ever since I got out of the service. I got this mark on my neck that I've been told has some connection with it. The fucking thing glows when I get mad, and more than once, it's given away my position." the mark was a masterful amalgamation of arabesque lines and enigmatic symbols.

"It's funny you mention that because the kid here is a walking satellite he can feel the tree and whenever he loses his temper shit blows up." Malik said. "Don't blame me for your fucking temper Malik it's you whose with all that psychokinesis shit." Noah said. He then said to Barok and said, "And him with a woman not ever eighty years old and still a virgin he told me himself." Letting out a terrified scream Noah bolted when Malik jumped up and hurled his can right at the kid yelling. "You little fuck I told you to keep that a secret!!" "Yeah well pay back for making me save your sorry ass earlier! Kiss my ass I'm going to bed now!" Noah said flipping Malik off before running into the back and vanishing. "Just for tat you can clean the whole bridge when your wake up tomorrow cabin boy!" Malik yelled infuriated.

Barok couldn't help but laugh. "You two are just like brothers, always arguing and fighting like that." These two needed some instruction and order in their lives but didn't think that Malik would be very receptive of him taking charge, so didn't bother thinking further on the matter. Trying to disperse some of their tension, he casually stated: "You know, last I heard, the tree was In the Epselon sector of one of the northern quadrants."

Malik just looked at him before he finally turned around to his dash board and put in quite a few commands before a star map appeared behind them. Getting up and walking over to the hologram Malik just swiped it around a few times before saying, "Good god that's like a death zone in fact it's a common route that only the really experienced ship pilots have taken. There's so much debris and crap that it can't possibly be there.... But perhaps... maybe... you're right. When I first saw the tree it was nearly sixty years ago... Back then I was being forcefully transported the thing I saw was negating and repelling anything I saw it come close to so maybe it has a shield..."

"I don't know man, that's just what I heard, I don't know the credibility of the report but the guy I heard it from was a Pirate who often went there to avoid the authorities. If it's a giant ass supercomputer hurdling through space, then yea, there's probably some sort of defense system for it." He looked over the star map and looked over at the sectors surrounding it. Barok had only been in the Epsilon sector once and it was a complete fucking nightmare. "Whole bunch of disruptive electrical fields in that sector, fucks up most of a ship's systems."

"My shields actually stop that but not happening this might look like a dump on the inside but this ship is my home and I don't wanna ruin it... I think we need to cut our losses and hold out till another sighting is found. What really is in the back of my mind first Noah has a connection to this tree and now you... What can it all mean... It's just too weird..."A beep went off and Malik said, "A message huh weird..Let's see who it is shall we?" Flipping the switch a woman appeared on the main screen and Malik said, "Aria I had a feeling it was you..." "Perhaps you shouldn't be so informal with the princess." Said Aria's guard who was standing by her."Shut up you fruit cake and what is it you need Aria?" Malik asked firmly. "Yes I was wondering if you gone and died on me Malik any luck or another dead lead?" Aria asked. "No luck but I got some good news I picked up another bum who has a connection to it. This is Barok and he kinda was stalking us and got caught up in all this mess we made." Malik said. "I see this is very interesting needless to say keep your friend around and just maybe you might find it soon." Aria said smiling. "I sure hope so but right now I'm going on a small vacation for a week or two all this searching wears a guy out." Malik said.

When Malik flipped the switch, a beautiful woman appeared on screen. Along with a "fruitcake" guard as Malik put it. When her and Malik were done talking, Barok stepped in front of the screen. "Well hello their Madam." He bowed again as he had done with Malik and Noah. "I am Barok Coridge, at your service." He didn't notice the dirty look that Malik gave him as he was trying to make a verbal move with the princess

"Pleasure to meet you Barok I do ask you look over my fiance for me while I'm not there. He's always letting himself get beat up and sooner or later will end up dead if he IS NOT careful." Malik spit out his drink and spluttered saying, "Aria I hope you know I was kidding about the whole marriage thing. I never intended to marry you sure you're not human and all but what we said and did as kids was then and this is now."
"You made a promise and you're going to not keep it? Don't even get me started if it's so embarrassing to admit that you're getting married fine I can accept that for now. But once this is all done and over I want you to hold true to your word and come home to me." Aria said firmly. Malik sighed and said, "Fine but stop fucking embarrassing me this also includes if I do come back ALIVE." "You will because I know you're strong like that anyways I've wired some money into your account now why not have that dump inside your ship cleaned out. Barok watch him I'm counting on you if you manage to keep him alive you might just earn yourself a fine title." Aria said before the link went dead. Malik let his head fall onto the dash board with a thunk saying, "Please just kill me now...." Sitting back up he went and took the ship out of hyper space and said, "I'm going to find a station colony and get this thing cleaned out. After that you'll have your own space.."

Barok was a bit more than slightly crushed at her mention being fiance to Malik, but kept his hopes up from what Malik said and denied. With his mention of being killed then and their, he glanced down at his pistol then back up, and while whistling innocently, scooted the pistol towards him with his finger, not really meaning anything by the gesture. 'well' he thought to himself 'If I keep Old man Toddler over there alive, I get me a fancy ass title' Although he didn't think anything would sound better than his old title of 'Captain Coridge'. He then proceeded to look around the ship, now seeing that it was kinda a mess although Barok liked the sound of having his own space aboard the ship.

"By the way you sir are a pig do you hit on anything with two legs breasts and a nice ass? By all means the princess is not a pushover. Anyways I gotta wake the kid up let's go get supplies while they clean this dump." Malik said pushing a button sounding the signal to wake Noah up. After that the three got off once they docked and Noah yawned rubbing his eyes saying, "You suck Malik I don't get to sleep very fast and I just got comfortable too..." "Sorry kid here go spend." Malik said tossing the kid a card. Catching it Noah's face lit up and he said, "We got more money hell yeah anything you need while I'm out stocking up for us?" "Not really if you need us we'll be waxing the ship have at it and don't go too crazy." Malik said and Noah ran off. Malik then got to work checking out his engine while he had Barok clean the the outside the ship. The rest of the docking crew were cleaning up the inside. Pulling down a side hatch Malik crawled in the inside and held a flash light checking everything over. Making sure to tighten down some bolts. A few minutes after that some rocks were tossed out of the side engine hatch Malik could not believe how much damn chunks of asteroids and other planetary material he was tossing out. When Malik came back out he was covered in a lot of dirt and had black spots all over his clothes. "Ugh this is not cool I'm gonna need a shower once we take off..." He grumbled.

Barok faked indignation as he placed his hands on his chest proclaiming: "Me? A Pig? why never! and for your information I never even got a glimpse at her ass." He went outside to the docking station, grumbling a little at being assigned wax duty but not to much as it was better than cleaning up the Star-destroyers that he used to serve aboard. He whistled merrily to himself as he set his arms on Autopilot to wax the ship and let his mind wander to thoughts of his ex wife. Damn, what a woman she was, comparable in beauty to Aria, but a woman like that often has a wandering heart and couldn't stay loyal to a man who was light years away fighting a war that had no impact on her whatsoever. With the mental mention of war, he remembered what a thrill that was. From sea bound Super Destroyers with 25 inch guns, firing on a target 50 miles away, to Interplanetary warfare aboard the star cruiser Great Emancipator. He wondered how much action he would see with Malik and Noah, then remembered his mention of no killing. He figured he got plenty of killing in during his years as a soldier then spy.

After a little while longer of that, Barok was soon finished waxing the ship.

Noah came running up pulling a large cart behind him saying, "I got our supplies Malik. Though he saw the metal doors open and he and Malik watched as Claire walked on her arm in a cast though she froze seeing the three guys."Oh not you again!" Malik and Noah said at the same time together and she flipped them off before whistling saying, "Boys cover my ship." Some more dock workers came out after that. Claire just disappeared after that and Malik said, "Let's get the hell out of here already..." The supplies were then put on the ship and it wasn't long before they took off and headed out of there.

Last edited:
Barok agreed wholeheartedly with Malik and Noah's sentiment of getting the hell out of there. He didn't want another run in with psycho-bitch, even if she was mildly incapacitated with broken bones. He put away the cleaning supplies and boarded the ship. Once aboard, he took a knife out of his pocket and cleaned out all the gunk from under his nails. The ship now looked like a respectable vessel whose crew members wouldn't be ashamed of hosting someone of high import on it.

All was quiet as Malik was keeping an eye on the bridge and Noah was curled up in his seat by the window having fallen asleep watching the scenery outside. Though a loud thunk was heard and the ship rattled. Noah fell out of his seat with a yelp and Malik said, "What the fuck hit us!" Standing up Noah saw a big silver eyes staring through their front view and he screamed, "HOLY SHIT ITS HUGE!!!" "Oh no no no you dare to slime up my ship you mother fucker! We are not gonna be squid food!!"

Barok stared in wonderment at the MOTHERFUCKING SPACE SQUID. The scientific impossibilities that this thing was breaking simply by existing raced through his mind but all those were shoved away as the squid attempted to break into the ship. "Does this goddamn thing have any armaments to it?!" He asked hurriedly as the ship rocked and rattled back and forth. He quickly rubbed eyes, to make sure that he wasn't dreaming because this thing shouldn't fucking exist. Unfortunately for him, it was all to real.

"Get the fuck off!!!" Malik yelled pissed and he slammed his fist on the big red button. Instantly the ships defnsive mechanisms kicked in and a shock went through the squid flinging them back out of control but killing the creature.. After they came to a rough stop Malik cursed saying, "I just had this fucker cleaned dammit it to hell!!" "Malik..." Noah said doubling over and Malik rushed over to the kid but suddenly everything felt way too dense. "It's hard to breathe..." Noah said gasping for air and Malik knew the oxygen levels were still fine oherwise the signal would have gone off. Though he then saw where they were heading and seeing the big pool of swirling matter, light, and other debris and stuff going into a circular motion he realized they had hit a black hole. Grabbing an oxygen mask from the first aid kit Malik placed it on Noah's face and said, "Barok coach him through his breathing troubles. I think we're not going to be alive much longer... I mean I've heard of people getting suck into these things but the cases usually turned out bad. I need to shift this thing into proper gear to avoid going against the flow the odds of us coming out alive are fifty fity..." "Malik..." Noah cried his eyes shut tight as he tried catching his breath. Letting Barok handle the kid Malik took the ship into manul and slowly started steering and following the path of possible life or death.

With slight panic in his mind, he knelt over Noah and helped coach him through his breathing. On the outside, he was as calm as he could be, but on the inside, he was spasmodically shouting 'Fuck fuck fuck FUCK!'. With Noah's breathing finally under control, and him back in a chair. Barok turned his attention to the black hole that they were careening into. He could feel the ever increasing pressure bearing down on him and he started to ache some. He kept by Noah in case his breathing went to shit again. He watched Malik as he wrangled the ship into gear and position.

"Keep that oxygen mask on him Barok the pressure will kill him other wise...' Malik said suddenly feeling extremly dizzy and seconds went by the pressure was so extreme Malik could only think of keeping Noah alive as released the steering and cut the engines. All that was left on was the life support and Malik held Noah close keeping the mask on the kid's face. He could feel the boy shaking against him and suddenly a loud scream came from Noah and Malik blacked out. He had no idea what had happened or how long he was out but what felt like five minutes later he heard Noah crying. His eyes opening his whole body felt like a dead weight but the pressure was gone and Noah saw him awake and looked relieved. "What happened..." Malik asked weakly in a soft whisper. "You idiot you stopped breathing that's what! I don't know how but we got spit through that thing in one piece why the hell did you not use any oxygen mask! You're lucky Barok knew CPR otherwise you'd not be alive now!" Noah cried. "I'm sorry... I just wanted to make sure you were going to be alright...." Malik said in a worn out voice. Noah helped him sit up slowly and thats when it hit him leaning to the side he puked up right on the spot before slumping back against Noah. Though seeing a planet in their view Noah jumped up after laying Malik down and said, "I'm calling for requested aid let's just hope they're friendly." Patching through the first channel Noah said, "Hello is anyone there please we need medical help immediately!""What the who are you kid and where did your ship come from!" A man's voice repsponded. "I'll explain later right now I have a friend here who needs medical aid immediately. Please help us and I'll tell you the details later." Noah responded back. "Very well just head toward the docking boy and we'll send a team on immediately." The male offical responded. Noah managed to get the ship started and reaching the docking bay a few people came on and checked out Malik before loading him on a stretcher. Malik coughed up blood slightly before saying, Barok watch over the kid please..." He then passed out finally as he was being carried to a medical facility.

Barok nodded to Malik and stayed onboard the ship with Noah. Luckily for Barok, he had remembered a breathing technique taught to fighter pilots undergoing extreme pressure. It had managed to keep him on the verge of consciousness long enough to go through the black hole. "So, you doing alright kid?" He asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.