Final Fantasy Universe

"Yeah, I think we can take them. It's been a little while since I got to kill something.."

Snowpaw allowed himself to grin, and a low rumbling came from his throat... this rumble turned into a low moan, and finally rose into a howl as his back arched into a 'u', lips pointed towards the ceiling...

The goblins were almost immediately there... short, wrinkled, stupid-looking creatures dressed in blue, all with little daggers in their hands, making pig-like snorting sounds.

Snowpaw laughs happily as one of the goblins, braver that the rest, charges at him... he jumps out of the way, leaping onto the creature's back and biting repeatedly... '8', '9', '9' came off the goblin before Snowpaw jumped off of the goblin, preparing himself for more.

Alex drew her (really obscenely large) sword.

one of the goblins decided to attack her, perhaps thinking that her lack of armor would make it's job easier. Instead, she moved first, hitting it with a horizontal slash. a white "22" floated above the creature's head and it faded off into nothing.

"Annoying little buggers...Snowpaw, enjoying your meal?"

"Bleh. Ptoo. Ptooo... They don't bathe!" Snowpaw complains, leaping away from a few more deciding to attack him, as one manages to slash him across the nose, causing a '5' to fly off of him and prompting a yelp from him.

He growls, fur standing on end. He begins to mumble... it raises into a whisper, as wind swirled around him. In a blink, his eyes fill with blue, and he enters a Geotrance.

With the same noise one would normally associate with a sword being pulled from it's sheath, two horns made an 's' curve from his forehead, his fur changing from white to blue. His white-flamed tail shifted, not spreading snow that evaporated before it hit the ground. He bulked up slightly, a thin layer of frost going across his fur... and with a cold shiver, glares at the goblins... "Whisper of Ice".

Ah yes. Magic. It had been a while since she'd done this, but still...

Alex shifted over closer to Snowpaw's front. Close, in that she was still a bit off of the direct line between him and the goblins. That had been a lesson learned the hard way.

"Thank you... Ice 1." Was the whisper from behind her, and more whispers were heard - a grouping of four goblins was suddenly joined by a spine of ice through the center one, which burst and rained upon the rest - '21', '21', '20', '22'. Each of them vanished into nothing. Seems he was a bit better at using magic than he was attacking creatures head-on.

He almost seemed to have taken on a different personality, too. While the previous Snowpaw had seemed light-hearted and frivolous, this Snowpaw seemed serious and reserved, much like the ice he was emulating.

"No problem. Are you going to finish them, or should I?" Strange, he wasn't as...dumb as usual.

"I shall speed this up and finish the group." Once again, the wind whispers around Snowpaw, another group of goblins falling to his "Ice 1".... '22', '21', '20', '20'. The last few, fearful, charged - and fell equally fast to his third "Ice 1"... '20', '22', '23', '22'.before even getting within striking range. '

Combat over, Snowpaw walked forward, taking a long, cat-like brush against Alex's legs in thanks - his newly-wet, cold and icy fur not doing him any favors in doing so. "I thank you. Not many warriors forsake the personal glory of battle to defend a magic-user in the hunt. You've earned much honor."

Then, the frost melted away - as did his horns. His eyes returned to normal, and his tail stopped trailing snow, bursting back into while flame. He jumps excitedly. "That was fun! C'mon, we can make much better time now that we aren't sneaking!" He prances blissfully forward from there...

200 Exp gained! You find one potion! You find one Dagger!

Alex gave a yelp as Snowpaw's tail brushed against her legs. "H-hey! That's cold!"
She put up her sword and scratched the back of her head. "Thanks....but I'm really not that great. It's just that you could do it faster than me."

Alex followed after Snowpaw.
"That, and Master Roshi would beat the crap out of me if he thought I was showboating."

"Roe-sheeee...?" Snowpaw sounded sound, making rather animated faces as he did. "Funny name!" He exclaims, bounding forward happily before bounding back to Alex. "Hey! Heyheyhey! ...Do you hunt often?" He smiles, looking upward at her. "Might be hard lugging that big weapon around - but at least you don't wear all that loud clothing that the other humans do. I like that. S'easier on the ears!" He nods, expression making it obvious he thought the was preaching the words of the gods or something along those lines - quite obviously back to his usual self now that the ice was gone.

"...Still hear goblins. Probably fight more before we get out of this cave. I think they'll avoid us for a while, though... Pity we couldn't take the train further. I like trains. They run fastfastfaster than I do."

Alex smiled. "That's what I said the first time I met him...then he hit me with a stick." She kept walking as Snowpaw bounced back and forth, watching his antics with some amusement.
"This thing's a family heirloom, actually. Dad'll kill me if I break it. But I've gotten used to it, and most swords don't come in this size. As for the clothes..." she shrugged.
"Personal taste, I guess. Now that I think about it, women almost always wear less clothing then men...I wonder why that is.."

"...Really? But... I'm not wearing any clothes. Must be a human thing." He shrugs, before gasping. "Hey! Hey! There's the exit! Look! Light!" He sprints on forward at that, laughing loudly. "Guess I was wrong about the goblins!"

He wasn't. The 'light' was a fabricated lantern, Snowpaw discovers as he scoots to a halt... jaw dropping at the sight before him.

...Goblins. Tons of them, laughing and crawling over each other, sneering... a massive, fat goblin sits on a throne carried by a few of them...

The screen closes up on the fat goblin, the words 'Gobbous, Lord of the Cave Goblins' appears under his face.

The massive, fat goblin screams "Attack!" - and the goblins charge.

As the horde of goblins heads her way, Alex briefly thinks on what would happen if she lost. She'd probably keep as a slave for until they lost interest in her. Not being able to go where she wanted...that life would be worse then death. Goblins weren't worth her death either. She was gonna win.

Alex held her sword straight in front of her, and closed her eyes. She focused on herself-each heartbeat, each breath. Time stretched out between them, until each moment seemed akin to an eternity.

pink petals gently floated through the air around Alex.

Her eyes snapped open, and Alex screamed at the oncoming horde, sword ready to wreak havoc on them.

Alex's limit break meter has been raised!

"Ahhh!" Snowpaw exclaimed as a dagger sliced into his shoulder... '7'. He's launched back by the attack, fur rising on end. "...Tha... that's a lot of goblins...!"

He crouches low, gritting his teeth - a swirl of heated energy appears around him, the hot air waving about him like the mirage on a hot road. Like Alex's scream, Snowpaw lets out a cavern-shaking roar - his fangs extending into sabertooth-length, cinders floating around him similar to Alex's petals. His fur crackled like fire, turning red, as his tail bursts into red-blue fire... His eyes widen wildly, a collar and bracers of fire appearing around his neck and legs. He bellows, "ROAR OF THE DESERT!"

This was followed by a long, hearty laugh, madness glimmering in his eyes... as he runs directly into combat... his attitude changing once again as he emulates fire in another geotrance.

Alex ran into the thick of it, goblins stabbing her to the tune of regular single digit damage. She was next to Snowpaw, cutting through those in front of her and punching those she couldn't manuever her sword to.
"I'm going to try this move I know. When I tell you to, we need to get out of melee."

Alex takes 15 damage! Her Limit Break Rises!

The snorting, farting, goblins were... well, stupid is the politest way to put it. Charging into battle, heedless to danger and tactics, oblivious of any trap or overwhelming force that lay before them. Unfortunately, they were sleeping before they had awoken to the sounds of battle in the cave adjacent to them, their guards of their throne killed, as they mobilized. So, this had left quite a gap of time for an unprotected room of people and a king... Prime settings for a trap.

"FIRE 1!" a shout rang, a flare of flames shooting from the ceiling to the back of the horde of goblins. '26' '24' '20' '27' '26' white numbers appeared, 5 unaware goblins fade into nothing. But, this was a mere scratch in the huge force, and more, of course, was planned. "BOLT 1!" another yell rang, a bolt of lightning striking down, hitting a metal rod stuck in the ground, the current running through threads of metal to several poles, felling more goblins, '20' '15' '15' '10' '14', a less effective, but widespread attack, only killing one goblin, but wounding several more. A figure fell from a small ledge on the cave wall, falling several feet, staggering as he rolled clumsily to break the fall. '12' appeared above his head, and he winced, standing and pulling a small, grimy goblin knife from his boot.
"Should've payed attention..." he mumbled, stepping on the foot, as it wasn't a serious wound. Goblins began to turn and approach him, giggling and cackling. "Not necessarily wise, since I torched and shocked a good eighth of your army, but, as you wish..." he says, laughing maniacally as he pulled his Sword of The Defender out, and hacked at a goblin. '14' '15' as he slashed twice, the goblin disappearing, but end up getting slashed himself '5', groaning.
"Take that, you slimy, disgusting, half wit!"the red garbed man screamed, plunging his sword through a unawares goblin back, a bloodcurtling scream, followed by a '27', disappearing. He roared again, hurling himself into the fray, attacking the back while the others whittle at the front.

"Snowpaw! Now!" Alex dashed backwards, distancing herself from the goblin horde. She closed her eyes and held her sword straight up in front of her, carefully monitoring her own breathing. With one long inhalation she swept it back behind her, the flat of the blade facing towards the oncoming horde, still focusing.

Suddenly her eyes snapped open, and she swung her massive blade forward; "Kamaitachi! korosu watashi no teki!"

A huge gust of wind surged forth, at first doing nothing...until goblins began to fall apart, sliced into pieces by the wind. A 40 appeared above each of their heads as they vanished into the mist.

"WAAAHAHAHAHA!!" Snowpaw lets out a maniacal laughter as he jumps backward, out of the attack's powerful radius. "Yes! Die! Die! DIE! AAAAAHHAHAHAAHAHAAA~!"

Turning his attention on the Boss, he grins. "BURN!" He screams, as a the flames cause a '21' to appear over the bosses' massive frame.

The boss, meanwhile, rises to his feet with a scowl, snapping his fingers as four more goblins appear around him. The goblins hop around angrily before charging all at different targets.