Final Fantasy Universe

Elazul shook his head softly as he watched Ghost decided to play martyr, and then seeing Alex going after them. Nearing the train's exit, Elazul reached for a large curtain, and wrapped both ends around his hands before he leaped from the train. Using the thick fabric as a parachute, he landed gently on the ground, and broke into a dead run in order to keep up with those in front of him. It is obvious however that the young man isn't running nearly as fast as his strong legs could go...

From the first moment he'd seen other travelers on the train after seeing Bahamut, he'd already made up his mind about acting as rear guard. He only hoped that he didn't get annihilated by one of the Aeon's massive blasts. Turning his head to look behind him, he thought he'd give it a gamble as well... "I"ll meet you in the tunnel!" He called out to the other three, and then veered off to the left. Raising a hand behind him, and aiming it dead center at the Aeon, he called forth a blast of chilling air that would no doubt annoy the Aeon since the spell was far beneath the creature's danger factor, and possibly draw it's attention once more to another target.

It had certainly accomplished what he'd hoped as he heard the sudden rush that came with a deep breath of air. Bahamut released another Mega Flare, and it hit just behind Elazul's feet... or it would have had he not been casting haste on himself. In order to conserve his energy, he'd used the grade school equivalent spell. It would only last a few more seconds, but now the Aeon had a brief period where it couldn't send out another blast.

[size=-1]
Livak stumbled weakly from an explosion that has rocked his compartment of the train. He could feel a little blood trickling down the side of his head and he was unreasonably angry on every level. Were he a little stronger, that damned creature would pay right now. The people fleeing, they angered him too. No regard for anyone left behind.

Livak swore and tugged his flamboyant hat down further, concealing his ears from view despite the piercings which had begun to dig into his scalp. Another blast from the creature as Livak stood by the train sent him flying into the air, eyes wide as he toppled head over heels, struggling to regain his balance.

With feline grace, Livak somehow managed to land on the ground roughly five feet away from someone who had just decided to toss ice at the Aeon, probably provoking its wrath and being the cause of the blast that had just sent him flying. His position, which natural feeling, Livak realized, was not one very conducive to the image of normal human he hoped to project. Standing instead of staying crouched on all fours, Livak shot an angry look around to reassess his surroundings while trying not to drown himself in sentiments of anger just yet.
[/size]​

Ace had been sleeping on the train ride surprisingly. He didn't like nor enjoy the ride but he was so tired from his travels he had fallen asleep. It was only the Aeon's attacks that awoke him and caused him to run out of the train.

"That thing. That's one creature I can't tame. Nor can I hope to defeat it alone or without a plan of some sort." Ace thought as he gazed at the Aeon from afar.

He looked around and saw very little cover in the area, no rocks, no spires. So he decided to head for the tunnel, the only real place one could go to escape at the moment..

The fleeing seto manages to clear his final few steps into the caves with a leap, landing within and going a good distance before looking back to see if anyone had followed him within. Seeing a few spells go off against Bahamut's hide, he winces. "Ooooh, that will only anger it... now it's going to remember us..." He stands there, nervously padding his feet against the cold cavern floor.

Snowpaw wouldn't have known, but these caverns that the train went through were originally just a simple cave - deeper in, it would become much sandier. This place was once known as the Antlion Cave, far, far in the past... now it was a tunnel that the train went through. That is not to say there weren't things living here now, of course...

"Come on!" Snowpaw yelled, "Hurry, before that things shoots more of that energy at you!" Staying within the relative safety of the cave, he shouts what he thinks to be encouragements at them...

"Both! One's a horrendous moment killer and the other's a moron!" Alex kept running towards the tunnel, Ghost in tow. She noticed that his pace was slowing a bit.
"Don't tell me you hurt your leg..Why the hell did you try distracting him if you weren't ready to get your ass kicked!"

"Because I know what I'm doing. Besides, I will be fine," he assured her. He sheathed his remaining dirk and pointed ahead. "There's the tunnel. Keep going."

They arrived together, joining with Snowpaw. "There are still other survivors behind us," Ghost informed the seto. "I hope you have a better plan than simply standing in this tunnel, young hunter."

Snowpaw shakes his head. "I'm pretty sure this tunnel comes out on the other side of the mountain if we just follow these tracks. There's gotta be a town or something on the other side, too!" He turns, running into the darkness - his tail, once too bright to look at, now illuminated the cavern pleasantly. "We out to get away from the entrance anyway, I'm pretty sure that thing's not afraid to fire on us if we just stand here."

He calls back, "Alex, I'm a 'seto', not a "moar-on"! Move faster! We've got a lot of ground to cover... isn't it exciting? I've never been in a cave before... Wow, it's dark in here. Smells funny, too. Like dust and sand and goblin and gold and bat and rat and-" This continues as he goes down the corridor, though it gets quieter as he gets further in. The sound of falling rocks could be heard, followed by an "Ow! ...M'okay!"

William had leapt from the train with the others, who had, in his mind rather rudely ignored his song, though with alot less pomp and ceremony than most of them, as such, he found himself standing just off from the group, his guitar still in hand as he approached the others
"so, where're weh off too?" he asked excitedly, clearly leaving it to the others to do the thinking and fighting.

"You continue to prove my point!"

Alex continued dragging Ghost along behind her into the cave. The kids from whatever town was on the other side (or possibly even in the middle) probably used it for romantic trysts.

Unless it was another one of those monster-filled caves. She had to wonder what, exactly, all those monsters ate to form the basis for their ecosystem. It was one of life's great questions.

And what the hell kind of society the Seto were running back up north.
"Stop running so far ahead! I'm supposed to take hits and such!"

"These two are far too excitable," Ghost grumbled, allowing Alex to pull him along. As the group walked, he addressed the newest survivor to join their group, extending a hand to him.

"We're off to whatever town's on the other end of this, where we can find some measure of safety. My name is Ghost. This is Alex and that's Snowpaw. I didn't catch yours."

[size=-1]
Livak nearly tripped over his own feet in a scramble to follow a group of people heading into what seemed to be dank, unused caves. Better than out here, though, he decided, resisting the urge to hit all fours as he sprinted across the grass and toppled into the cave.

Tumbling across the stone, tucking his body in to avoid damage, Livak fell unfracefully into what seemed to be a heavily clad female. With a small groan, he stood and brushed himself off, grateful he hadn't knocked her over.

"Well hello..."
[/size]

"I think all we have to do is follow the train tracks!" He called out, waiting for them - this far in, the only source of light was Snowpaw's illuminated tail, which flicked back and forth excitedly. "Can you believe it? I've never been under a mountain before. There's tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons of rocks above us, and we should be fine, because we're not in the rock, we're in a carved-out bit of the rock. Isn't that amazing that all the rock stays up there? If it were snow, it'd just crash down on top of us!" He says cheerily, looking back and forth excitedly.

"Aren't there supposed to be bats in caves, though?" He looks up at the ceiling, looking for bats... of course, there were none because of the train that used to pass through here all the time. Emphasis on 'used'.

A glimmer of light caught his attention. "Hey there." He said to the light on the ground, moving forward and smiling. "This rock is shiny. It must have some importance on our quest. I'mma keep it!" He leans down, picking the useless, but shiny, rock up and smiling through it at Alex. "You're just jealous that I found something important. Nyah." He tries to stick his tongue out, but all it does is pop out the rock, which begins to skip away. "No! Come back rock!"

"Snowpaw! Stop putting random things in your mouth!"
Alex was about to chase after him when some person bumped into her from behind. Livak's hat fell off his head as he hit the ground, revealing the vague outline of his ears in the dim light of the cave.

"Aw, cute. Naw, it's fine. I certainly wouldn't mind you bumping into me." She turned around to notice Snowpaw chasing after some random thing.
"Hey! Wait up!"

Ghost calmly watched as Snowpaw and Alex took off ahead. He pointed to the bard, William, the magic knight, Elazul, and the blue mage, Livak. "Keep on after them. Its bad enough we've got Bahamut behind us; I don't want to be caught separated by what's ahead." He started down the tunnel at a brisk pace, throwing over his shoulder, "...And no spoony songs, bard."

[size=-1]
Livak grabbed his hat and tugged it hastily back on, casting a glance up at the woman, his scowl evident on his features as she ran off. Another fellow directed a comment at him, prodding him along while menacing the bard.

How did I get in to this, Livak thought to himself as he hung his head, walking along at a cautious pace, careful not to trip on the stone again. There was some lion-like creature darting on ahead and the woman running after him all the world like a mother hen.

What a weird bunch, and they all seem to know one another. Not exactly what I pictured happening in the end, dying in some sort of tunnel cave in with a bunch of strangers, never to be found.... Livak tried to push aside his more morbid thoughts while picturing one of his mothers patting his ears as a child. 'Cheer up, Livvie,' he could almost hear her chide sweetly. Livak kept walking with a sigh.
[/size]​

guilty-gear-2-overture-sol-badguy-c.jpg

Elazul lightly stretched his arm, as he fell in behind the small group that had managed to gather together after the initial attack on the train. Seeing that none were hurt for the most part he breathed a sigh of relief. He'd used a little more of his energy with that last spell... and with good reason. That beam would have annihilated him. "Is anyone hurt, or are we all simply suffering from a few bumps and scratches?" He asked out load to the group.

As they ran, the knight loosened his sword slightly in it's scabbard, and held onto it firmly with his other hand. His sword arm rested gently against the inside of his other elbow, and kept his focus on the path in front of them. He had no idea where the tunnel would lead them, but he was certain that it wouldn't be directly back into Bahamut's path.

Snowpaw finally catches up to the useless rock, taking it and smiling proudly, turning and waiting for everyone to catch up. He places it in a small pouch tied to his hip, showing some extraordinary flexibility in putting it there. The room had panned out - the train tracks ran right through the middle, but the tunnel widened out into a huge cavern complex. "...Wooooow."

Snowpaw looks in wonder about the room, stepping forward once. Something cracks under his paw... He lifts it, looking down... at a very small skull. He backs up a pace or two, sniffing the air experimentally. "...Goblins."

"Let us hope we do not run into them," Ghost said. The ninja took the point, quietly extending his senses. While he lacked Snowpaw's acute olfaction, his vision and hearing were finely honed. Echoes and the quiet rustle of wind moving through the tunnel guided him. He could hear the patter of goblin feet ahead. "Small band. We should be able to avoid them if we stay close to the shadows."

"Snowpaw, remind me to show you why, exactly, I smell like men."
Alex caught up with him as he started sniffing the air and mentioned goblins.
"Great." A hand went to her sword. "Why are there always interruptions..."

Snowpaw crouched down, 'sneaking' so that his belly dragged along the ground - ears pointed upwards, alert... until he lost his focus, moving slightly faster over the ground, smile forming along his face. He whispers, "I don't see why we're avoiding them... we can take on goblins... and after running from all those big nasty things, I want to restore a little of my wounded pride..."

He turns his head over, looking behind at the others, "Don't any of you two-leggers feel the same way...? We can hunt them easily."