Final Fantasy Universe

the rest of you guys should butt in and get to meeting everyone instead of hanging about being all mysterious-like. then we can get a party going and go world-saving or something.

GENERAL CHARACTER STATISTICS

Character Name: Elazul Selazi
Species/Race: Human
Birthplace/World: City Of The Ancients, FFVII.
Occupation/School/Grade: Magic Knight

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

Height: 6'2
Weight: 237

General Appearance: Never mind that massive slab of a sword he's holdin'. He'll be using a normal sized sword.

717d484c331eab3bc121c98a780a6728122.gif

Strengths: Elazul is quite adapt at strategy, and is very good at reading emotions and peoples body language. This gives him an edge in physical combat as he can not know, but anticipate the most likely action an enemy can take. It also lets him more accurately understand if someone is lying to him, as well as understand their emotion. He also excels at the use of destruction magic, and swordsmanship.

Weaknesses: Elazul can't help himself when he sees a puzzle, and has an almost uncontrollable urge to solve it. He also is wary of chemists for he believes in the use of magic in order to cure an illness or disease. This means that if he had a choice between being treated by medicine, or roughing it out with only his natural healing process... he's more than likely going to rough it out. This doesn't mean he won't change his mind in life or death situations... it just means that he is quite stubborn.

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose: Discovering more about himself, and the text left behind by his parents.

Talents: Physical, and Arcane combat as well as being a very likable person. He is quite a good painter, and drawer.

Inabilities: Elazul is bound by the text he carries to defend all women, and children. He doesn't simply defend them, he defends them if they are accused of a crime until they are tried, and held accountable for their sins. He is also bound by his text to never commit any act that serves as a path of gain that solely benefits himself. It must in some way serve another.

Fears: For a Knight, Elazul has an odd fear of death, but it's not simply of death itself. He fears the afterlife if he were to die before living a noble life. This fear drives him to do as much good as he can. He also has a slight fear of spiders.

General Personality: Elazul is very well spoken, polite, and generally caring of those that he travels with, though those people have been very few. He isn't stuck up or snobbish by any means.

Inner Personality: Elazul is very reserved about his past, and doesn't like to share much about himself unless it's absolutely necessary. The reason being is that he doesn't have much to tell about past family, or life events. He's lived a very meager life.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History: Elazul was born and raised in the ruins of the City Of the Ancients to a single woman, and was sired without a father. His mother who's name he can't remember, left him behind to a group of hermits with only a sword, and a list of texts. The text were from an old order of Magic Knights that had once wandered the lands that surrounded the city.

Though an outcast, Elazul was raised by the village elders though not as well as their own children. At night when he sat just beyond the villages fire, he would read through the text which oddly enough... was in a language that only he could understand though he was never taught to read.

As the years passed, he began to develop strange abilities... the likes that allowed him to channel magic through himself, and his sword. The sights that were witnessed by the village elders were thought to be signs of the devil as their kind had banned magic outright. The young boy's new found abilities resulted in his banishment from the small settlement under penalty of death upon his return.

Present Life: Elazul has spent the majority of his life, since his departure from what he considers home, traveling from civilization to civilization regardless of it's size, protecting travelers, taking up general labor jobs to earn his money, and even discovering relics of ancient times that have passed.

Level: 1
Right-Hand: Long Sword
Left-Hand:
Head:
Chest: Silk Robe with white, and red cloth, trimmed with brown.
Arms: Steel Gauntlets
Feet: Leather Boots
Ring: Silver Ring of Warning. (Glows a dull green when near the undead)
Accessory:
Item: Healing Potion
Item: Healing potion
Item: Ether
Item: Echo Grass
Item:

Action Commands:

1. Attack/Spell Blade: Attacks with equipped weapon, or attacks with elemental damage.

2. Black Magic: Casts black magic in order to damage the target.

3. Read: Evasion, and blocking increases slightly towards a single enemy. Cannot be stacked.

4. Item: Uses a held item on selected targets/allies.

Limit Breaks:

Soul Blade: Elazul emits a blade of light from his right hand's index, and middle finger. This is a single attack much like that of a sword, and results in a critical hit on one target that silences the target, and has a chance to cause fear, and confusion. Status effects do not work on bosses.

Support Abilities:

Arcane Listening: Elazul can recognize the element of a destruction spell as it's beginning to be cast if he can audibly hear it, and focus on it

(Sweet jesus... I couldn't type for shit when I made this. I really need to start using Word in order to spell check my mistakes. >: ( )

Well, doesn't look like I'd have to go far to find a Legend of Mana fan. =D That game rocks.

Here I thought I could get away with sprinkling some non-Final Fantasy references in here without anyone noticing... after all, SquareEnix did the same for their games.

we need a fight soon....

Good idea!

Behold the power of one of the major villains... he will now force you to WALK to your destination! Mwahaha!

...Also, a good round of pressing the shoulder buttons and running away like a little girl might be in order. D=

Good idea!

Behold the power of one of the major villains... he will now force you to WALK to your destination! Mwahaha!

...Also, a good round of pressing the shoulder buttons and running away like a little girl might be in order. D=

Good!! Perhaps I'll run into you guys while you walk.... :D

I just had a weird sort of 'inspiration' for a special item... or rather, series of special items.

The summoner class is known for grabbing great, big beasties out of extraplanar existence and commanding them to attack smaller, weaker beings than themselves.

...Well, what if we specified 'Lifestream' as that extraplanar existence?

While Summoners are adept at those big guys, what if our heroes could call upon smaller-but-no-less-powerful creatures - the heroes of previous games?

They'll be Accessory items, of course, just like the item you'd need to have equipped to access the most powerful magics. The main heroes of the respective games are off in Dissidia, but the rest are up for grabs. "Soul of Yuffie", "Soul of Cid", "Soul of Kain", and others would be fairly useful things (and probably be powerful enough to attach to your Limit Break, adding on to that menu)...

I have to wonder what the lifestream will have been up to in the meantime...

GENERAL CHARACTER STATISTICS

Character Name: Cidolfas "Crimson Prince" Manassas AKA Cid
Species/Race: Human
Birthplace/World: Corneria/FFI
Occupation/School/Grade/Class: Red Mage
More: Has knowledge of many subjects, due to his scholarly upbringing.
Theme Songs:
1: "Promised Grace" Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
2: "The Place I'll Return To Someday" Final Fantasy 9
3: "Hunter's Chance" Final Fantasy IX (The Black Mages: The Skies Above)
4: "Distant Worlds" Final Fantasy (The Black Mages: Darkness and Starlight)
5: "Darkness And Starlight" Final Fantasy VI (The Black Mages: Darkness and Starlight)
6: "Too Good Too Bad" The Seatbelts (from Cowboy Bebop)
7: "Rain" The Seatbelts (from Cowboy Bebop)
8: "Space Lion" The Seatbelts (from Cowboy Bebop)
9: "Don't Be Afraid" Final Fantasy VIII (Battle Theme)

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

General Appearance:
8BT___Red_Mage_by_NorthernBanshee.jpg

Strengths: Pretty agile, quick to act, and somewhat adept at identifying weak spots. Average in fighting, and magic wielding.
Weaknesses: Tends to focus more on protecting others, loses focus when someone is severely hurt.
More: Commands are Fight, Item, Red Magic and Trance, in which he can cast three magics in quick succession once, and becomes Hasted (or much quicker attacks and movement) for the rest of the fight/match.

Trance Description: Hair glows in myriad of colors, eyes flow with Lifestream, and clothes begin to turn a darker crimson color. Also called "Crimson Mage/Prince" in that mode. Only activates when in terrible danger, until he learns to unleash it at will.

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose: To help those in need, and to search for his master/father, adventure, and love.
Talents: Tactician, Intelligent
Inabilities: ?
Fears: Failure to protect someone, of being rejected, to lose people he loves, Ifrit
General Personality: A very open, emotional, and touchy feely person. Well spoken and taught, and tends to listen to everyone that tells him problems. Perverted and tends to be crazed and overreacting at times, using his hands, and gestures. Can also be bat-$#!t insane when a trap goes perfectly, and he can get careless and cocky when one goes magnificently.
Inner Personality: Doesn't care what others think, but is scared to hell of losing people, and he thinks he can protect everyone. Is very emotional, and is looking for someone to love all the time.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History: Was orphaned at the age of 3 in the slums of Corneria, discovered and adopted by a Red Wizard master only known as the Crimson King, once he saw great potential in the child. He grew up around books, lessons, and tutoring. He became a child prodigy, and learned his philosophy of put others in front of yourself first, and to become a defender of those in great need. He rarely went outside, and his abandonment from his parents led him to become very emotional and in search of someone to love him, when his parents never did. He learned his lecherous ways from the C.K, and his sharp humor as well.

Tragedy struck when Cid was 18, and powerful mages and knights stormed the C.K's library/home, and stole him in the night, setting the house ablaze with an Ifrit summon. Cid battled the Ifrit himself and nearly died, getting a huge scar across his back, from left shoulder to hip. He now has a bit of a fear for Ifrit. The only thing left standing from the fire was the C.K Sword of the Defender, and his oak staff, Staff of The Avenger. Cid never figured out the identities of the kidnappers, or their motives, but left on his journey to find his lost master, as well as to help the world, and, of course, adventure.

Present Life: Wanders the world, searching for leads to his master, love, and adventure, as well as to help anyone in need.

Special Historic Notes:

Level: 1
Right-Hand: Staff of the Avenger ( appearance picture is accurate)
Left-Hand: Sword of The Defender
200812302048328995.jpg

Note: Can only wield one, but can quickly switch, while the other is hooked on his back (staff) or sheathed at his side (sword)
Head: Plumed Hat
Chest: Leather Armor
Arms: Iron Bangle
Feet: Iron Boots
Ring: Silver Band
Accessory: N/A At the moment
Item: Potion
Item: Hi Potion
Item: Ether
Item:
Item:

ooc: Yes, there HAS to be a Cid. So DEAL WITH IT! :P

Ja, red? Usually you would wait for the GM's approval before posting.

This brings us into our second problem, notably that our GM has vanished.

Ooops, sorry. I didn't see any GM posts, so I thought it was just a throw a bio in and go. I'll retract my post until GM approval. Thanks, Cloud. :)

I'm sure Frosty sweet will be back soon I'll bother Asmo about it.

FFU's coming into a revival, and I'm accepting more players if anyone's interested again.

Meh, didn't get enough time to put in a post today.

Please hijack my character if need be so he doesn't get left behind or anything. I may be gone for a week or so. Not really sure when I'll be back though. I may get partial computer access but not enough to reliably post.

S'all good. Most of you could just be following in silence or "not in-party" while following. So if any fights go on and you're not there, don't be too worried. We're just going to the next town.

HAI GUYZ CAN I JOIN???

I mean, I've never really liked the stories or the characters except for some few ones, but I always liked the fluff of the FF worlds a lot.

Well, fill out a character sheet and we'll see how it goes, 'kay?

...And yeah, most of the characters and plots were crap.

So how much of her limit bar do you think that Alex's shout command should fill?