3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Modern, Magical, Horror, Romance,
I have been seriously wanting to do an FF Tactics-style roleplay, with the different classes, Job points to unlock new abilities, a war between two kingdoms, a princess, a leveling system--with people who are advanced in sentence structure a well as grammar. I'd also like folks who can write large, detailed posts. I want to wait till I get at least three or four players that way we can ALL talk about things we want and those that we don't.

I'll definitely be interested if you'll have me. :) If I may ask is the world geared more towards War of the Lions or the Advance Tactics series?

• Thank You
Reactions: Apollyon
Hell yeah dude, I'd be game. I'll mirror Guy's question just to be sure, but it certainly seems more of a Tactics/The War of the Lions-esque setting rather than either Advanced or A2's edition of Ivalice. That is, if you were envisaging an Ivalice setting at all. Mid-to-heavy RP mechanics and long IC posts can however be something of an unstable mix in my experience, though.

I'll definitely be interested if you'll have me. :) If I may ask is the world geared more towards War of the Lions or the Advance Tactics series?
I will ask no questions, though I will keep my eye on this.

- I think the PSX version is War of the Lions, which has a special place in my heart. I loved the storyline so something to that nature. There will be a few things I'd like to alter, chiefly classes; found Mime, Arithmetician and a few other to be desired. So with that said, I'd like to introduce the Holy Knight, Hell Knight, Heaven Knight, Death Knight and some other fun ones.

-We will not be playing main characters, only characters we make, level up and craft ourselves.

- I will allow blending of one ability from one class to another that normally would have such an ability. E.g Samurai Class having steal or throw or jump abilities

Hell yeah dude, I'd be game. I'll mirror Guy's question just to be sure, but it certainly seems more of a Tactics/The War of the Lions-esque setting rather than either Advanced or A2's edition of Ivalice. That is, if you were envisaging an Ivalice setting at all. Mid-to-heavy RP mechanics and long IC posts can, however, be something of an unstable mix in my experience, though.

It isn't a direct link to War of the Lions more of a mesh up of the two. Ivalice will be a focal point.

As far as long posts are concerned, I love them. They can be so full of character emotion, motivation, ambition, despair. Its hard not to want large posts.But, we can always cap it off unless its plot point.

It isn't a direct link to War of the Lions more of a mesh up of the two. Ivalice will be a focal point.

As far as long posts are concerned, I love them. They can be so full of character emotion, motivation, ambition, despair. Its hard not to want large posts.But, we can always cap it off unless its plot point.

Actually, I have no issue with long posts, although I do have to keep an eye on myself to make sure I'm getting a decent amount of things addressed in the word-count; some of my posts can get rather tied-up in the character themselves, which (while certainly enjoyable for me) leads to them being quite florid and quite irrelevant to the other players - I need to keep myself on point.

Nonetheless, that wasn't what I meant, I'm mildly wary of the combination of RP mechanics - such as a levelling and complex class system as you see in FFTA - and long posts as standard, it can be difficult to make them mesh in a believable way. I don't think it'd be a great issue unless we had to explicitly list off most of our chars' abilities and combat actions in a similar manner to the game, when you get to that point the two designs really trip over one another.

Reactions: Apollyon
That's why we are all here; to have a consensus. One way we could "level up" or choose a trainer like in 'Skyrim' or 'Oblivion'. Each trainer is progressively harder to overcome, each has their own teachings.

Now for killing monsters and gaining experience, which you are presuming; That's easy. You take the creatures experience points total, split it by three or four--we'd each get a fraction of JP. This isn't how JP actually works but JP will take the place of EXP because mathematically difficult to keep track of.

So, 25% of JP gained is spilled-over to allies.who isn't knocked out?

I'm focusing more on leveling the jobs as it pertains to their experience than experience outright. That way it's much simpler and easy to keep track of.

No one issue I have run into is the Jump ability that archers and Lancers/Dragoons flourish own. I guess we could say +1 is 10 feet, +2 is 20 and so on

Any other questions?

This is probably over thinking but how big will equipment play a role? Will it be for merely cosmetic purposes or will they offer stats to our characters?

Before I answer that, Let me post this first:

Multipliers are class-specific constants that mostly fall between 50 and 200. Differences in multipliers are what make the differences in the strengths and weaknesses of Final Fantasy Tactics jobs—a Dragoon, for instance, has a high PA multiplier but a low MA multiplier. Different classes also have different rates of stat growth, but differences in multipliers turn out to be more significant for the surface stats.
There are some consequences of the initial raw stat distribution:

Females gain more MP and MA on level up than males.
Males gain more HP and PA on level up than females.
Monsters gain more HP, PA, and MA than either human sex.
Monsters gain less MP and Speed than either human sex.

A character's job also affects the rate at which his/her permanent stats change upon gaining an experience level. While all jobs will grow all stats, some jobs grow certain stats faster and slower. For example, Monk will grow HP quickly, while Ninja will grow Speed quickly.
============================================================

@ThatGuyOverThere

I think that SOME weapons would be stronger, or more effective. A common run of the mill sword a squire has is not going to stand up to a Buster Sword of the Soldier class has.

Now, weapons can have status effects; makes enemies confused, go to sleep, etc but they'd be more pricey.

Unless your class deals with invoking the weapons natural ability (Samurai, for example, it'll be just a fine weapon.)

Last edited:
Now, as for the storyline, here's what I have. We all start out as orphans in far out the village. This mane, Clause is not at all who he seems to us. He is or was one of the founders of the kingdom of Ivalice. He's a Soldier class and most notably a Kensei. However the other kings fear him partitioning for lordship which is a no contest, he's a war hero. So, they send executioners.

He tells us all to follow our own path, to be strong even when facing death. After dispatching those sent to kill him we each set out to find which route, which king, which path to take. However, split up or we stick together we all come at the right time to see Clause being burned alive as a heretic. Some of us are sad, some angry some confused so we each band together to figure out the truth, each of us starts off as a chemist or a squire and we grow from there until we find that the Lucavi, powerful demons in Final Fantasy Tactics working in secret under the cover of the Church of Glabados to revive their dead leader, Ultima the High Seraph. There are at least seven Lucavi, though one of them, Elidibus, is not necessarily connected to the other six.

Are we posting a skeleton of the character we wish to play here or are we waiting for a more offical thread? Just in case, I plan on being a squire with Dark Knight being the capstone class.

[fieldbox="Classes, Teal, solid, 14, Berkshire Swash"]This includes a 10 border radius and the title font changed.

Squire Fundaments - Counter Tackle - Equip Axes - Beastmaster - Defend - JP Boost - Move +1

Chemist Item - Auto-Potion - Throw Items - Safeguard - Reequip - Treasure Hunter

Knight Arts of War - Parry - Equip Swords - Equip Shield - Equip Heavy Armor

Archer Aim - Adrenaline Rush - Archer's Bane - Equip Crossbows - Concentration - Jump +1

White Mage White Magick - Regenerate - Arcane Defense

Black Mage Black Magick - Magick Counter - Arcane Strength

Monk Martial Arts - Critical: Recover HP - Counter - First Strike - Brawler - Lifefont

Thief Steal - Vigilance - Gil Snapper - Sticky Fingers - Poach - Move +2 - Jump +2

Holy Knight Holy Sword- Judgement Blade- Cleansing Strike- Northswain Strik- Hallowed Bolt- Divine Ruination

Divine Knight Crush Armor- Crush Helm- Crush Weapon- Crush Accessory

Dark Knight Darkness - Max HP Up - Vehemence - Move +3/Jump +3

Time Mage Time Magick - Critical: Quick - Mana Shield - Swiftness - Teleport - Levitate

Geomancer Geomancy - Terrain - Nature's Wrath - Attack Boost - Ignore Terrain - Lava Walking

Dragoon Jump - Dragonheart - Equip Spear - Ignore Elevation

Orator Speechcraft - Earplug - Equip Gun - Tame - Beast Tongue

Summoner Summon - Critical: Recover MP - Halve MP

Samurai Iaido - Bonecrusher - Shirahadori - Equip Katana - Doublehand - Swim

Ninja Throw - Vanish - Reflexes - Two Swords - Waterwalking

Dancer Dance - Fury - Bravery Boost - Jump +3 - Fly

Bard Bardsong - Magick Boost - Faith Boost - Move +3 - Fly

[/fieldbox]​

Are we posting a skeleton of the character we wish to play here or are we waiting for a more official thread? Just in case, I plan on being a squire with Dark Knight being the capstone class.

I'll be making a new thread for that once everyone is onboard.

That's why we are all here; to have a consensus. One way we could "level up" or choose a trainer like in 'Skyrim' or 'Oblivion'. Each trainer is progressively harder to overcome, each has their own teachings.

Now for killing monsters and gaining experience, which you are presuming; That's easy. You take the creatures experience points total, split it by three or four--we'd each get a fraction of JP. This isn't how JP actually works but JP will take the place of EXP because mathematically difficult to keep track of.

So, 25% of JP gained is spilled-over to allies.who isn't knocked out?

I'm focusing more on leveling the jobs as it pertains to their experience than experience outright. That way it's much simpler and easy to keep track of.

No one issue I have run into is the Jump ability that archers and Lancers/Dragoons flourish own. I guess we could say +1 is 10 feet, +2 is 20 and so on

Cool mate, seems simple enough which's great. All we really need to do then is either incentivise people to talk and work on personal development and the development of others as well as the fighting, or disincentivise people from striding out to battle at every opportunity. I think most people can be trusted to be fair with it, but it could be shrewd to put in a caveat anyways just to be sure the RP couldn't become an arms race, which would be lousy particularly for chars with less combative attitudes.

Plot's a good frame so far as I'm concerned, I'm interested to see how you develop the two kingdoms, their hierarchy and their differences. In my opinion dealing with them and the bloody war, or at least high-tensions that'd presumably break out, will probably be more fun than tackling the Lucavi plot (after our chars have gotten more worldly), just because it's usually easier for characters to relate to and approach in a greater variety of ways.

For my char, I'd probably roll with someone eventually settling as either a Time Mage or a Geomancer, those'd be the most interesting. Granted Geomancers were a bit of a craic in FFTA, but luckily game balance isn't on my ass here. :P

-Squire will not count against accumulative Jobs

Mine will be Samurai, Holy Knight and Kensei

Tactics was a favorite of mine, so I'm definitely interested.

Reactions: ThatGuyOverThere
@ThatGuyOverThere @Ezio D'Ouche No More @CasketCase

Just wanted to drop in and say, I haven't forgotten or abandoned this; I'm working on the OOC for all still interested, give me a thumbs up

That's cool man, but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to back out of joining the real deal. I registered interest and/or signed up for far too many RPs and I wouldn't be able to give this one the time from me it'd deserve. Sorry about that and good luck!