INTEREST CHECK Final Fantasy 7 Sequel

B

Boss Frost

Original poster
So, over the past few weeks, I've been thinking about running a Final Fantasy games. Of the various games, 7 is the first one I played - and to many, it's the iconic game. It's not my absolute favorite, but it's enough to really work on. In my personal opinion, the information on the FF series left a few loose ends (while I played FF7 and watched Advent Children, I never played Dirge of Cerberus, so I don't know if anything was wrapped up there).

After doing some research on the alien entity Jenova and the "Sephiroth" that players fought throughout the game, it's become quite clear that this being (who was never solidly beaten) is the game's true final boss... and was never fully dealt with, as Advent Children revealed.

So, with an almost entirely new cast of characters, I want to run FF7. I'd love to run this as a Pathfinder/D&D game to have the proper 'turn based combat' style of it, and I'll add in something special for Materia and Limit Breaks. It is possible for me to run it as a freeform game, but I feel some of the game's moods might be lost (and it'll force me to godmode like hell against your characters in some of the intended Hopeless Boss Fights against iconic villains to set the tone).

My intention is to pre-write character sheets for Yuffie, Reno, Rude, Elena, and Reeve/Cait Sith for those who don't know D&D/Pathfinder but DO know FF7 to get in on it without having to "write" a character. They seemed to be the character least 'involved' with the other FF7 characters, and I can see them playing a part in this "sequel".

Last edited by a moderator: