Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite excited about this. I wonder if they'll stick to the old battle system or implement something new. However, I have a feeling that it'll be something akin to Final Fantasy XV. It suits the open-world format, which Final Fantasy 7 should be.

They would be fools to try to implement major system changes like using the FF XV combat mechanics. They have the hype train rolling thanks to nostalgia, and that will derail immediately if they announce that they're doing anything for combat other than polishing the classic battle system. They just need to make it look super pretty and do a solid bug sweep to cash in on this remake, and speaking as one of the nostalgia kids I really hope they stick to the simple cash grab rather than fucking it all up.

Let's make the sephiroph battle a quick time event.

Tried to play the original, ROMs gave me issues.

A remake should make it easy to jump into though.
Then again, Steam also has the original FF7 themselves now.

So now I'm at a dilemma.
Buy the original, or wait for the remake?

I literally could care less about this remake that will only sell because of nostalgia-blinded fanboys and fangirls who disgrace the FF community and annoy the hell out of me anyways. The FF games I actually give a shit about (X and X-2) already got an HD re-release so I got what I want in that department. Kingdom Hearts 3 on the other hand.......

As one of those fanboys that are on the nostalgia train, I look forward to this. If they change anything other than the graphics I'll be angry though.

Plus side, there's finally a reason to not hate playstation consoles passed 2!

Tried to play the original, ROMs gave me issues.

A remake should make it easy to jump into though.
Then again, Steam also has the original FF7 themselves now.

So now I'm at a dilemma.
Buy the original, or wait for the remake?
Knowing SE, buy the original. They have allready said they might change things in the game, and we all know SE take a decade creating these things.

• Thank You
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Status
Not open for further replies.