Film Action Sequences

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Grif ♥

Original poster
The couple of film threads that are up currently got me thinking about some of my favourites, and I ended up thinking more specifically about some of the fantastic fight scenes in films. The kind I could watch a dozen times over and still get excited by them. So tell me, Iwaku, what're your favourite action sequences in film?

I have to give credit to Oldboy for this scene. It's fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
With this many threads dedicated to cinema, I think a general movie thread or something is in order.

Dunno Iwaku's policy on these though.

I could probably post a bunch of martial arts scene here and without really thinking about it, but nu, I'ma actually look at the stuff I like and take out stuff.

To get out the obvious choices out of the way; Lord of The Rings: Return of The King, the Battle at Gondor, Expendables 2 - Stallone VS Van Damme

One of my all time favourite action movies, very simple premise and plot, with some of this generations best choreographed fight scenes. Sure the shaky cam is...alittle annoying(It's a super minor thing for me since you see each hit, hear it and FEEL it). this scene in particular is my favourite, the intensity, the fighting, and the desperation of the brothers to take out the rabid dog. fuckin gr8 man.

One of my favourite scenes in a Superhero Movie.

Yeah, I loved this movie, just wished we had a little more Godzilla in it.

The protector; I give you the best fight scene of all time.

No trickfilming, no nothing.

JUst one guy, stairs, and many unfortunate opponents

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Space Cowboy
The couple of film threads that are up currently got me thinking about some of my favourites, and I ended up thinking more specifically about some of the fantastic fight scenes in films. The kind I could watch a dozen times over and still get excited by them. So tell me, Iwaku, what're your favourite action sequences in film?

I have to give credit to Oldboy for this scene. It's fantastic.

YES ABSOLUTELY

Also this:

Two of the best ending fight scenes in any animated (including cartoon or CGI) film ever made that packed both emotional weight and incredible aesthetic appeal. One for being a bizarre but entertaining adaptation of western culture as seen from the east, and the other being classical eastern culture as interpreted by its modern counterpart.

THESE ARE DAMN AWESOME!

I was going to link to the No Name/Luo Lang fight, but @Brovo beat me to it. A ferret after my own heart <3

So Cloud/Kadaj/Sephiroth it is!

I dunno, for some reason this scene immediately popped into my head. I just remember sitting in the theaters and being amazed by it. (I'm a sucker for slowmo lol)

The final fight of this movie is also a favorite of mine c: But this chase sequence and fight just always sticks out to me.

Reactions: Brovo
Okay I know a lot of you guys really hate these movies but you have to admit this was a good fight scene imo

• Love
Reactions: Space Cowboy
I was trying to find something good about the series that maybe someone would agree with, which is apparently incorrect so I'm just going to leave this thread now.

No. Please don't. I was just being a dolt. ITs ok to like whatever you want. ITs just that that video I posted point out how crazily sloppy the cheography for that particular fight is. XD. Its not aimed at you at all.

As for fight scene;

No. Please don't. I was just being a dolt. ITs ok to like whatever you want. ITs just that that video I posted point out how crazily sloppy the cheography for that particular fight is. XD. Its not aimed at you at all.
I grew up with the movies, and I still do really like them even if they aren't that great. It just hurts that everyone hates it and debates on how bad it is. :(

I did like the fight scenes in the Matrix, those were pretty cool. Admittedly, the series kinda got bad as it went along but the fights scenes were cool.

He has a chinese name, fights a thai style, and have japanese imagery... i never realized that before XD

Status
Not open for further replies.