C

Cairo

Original poster
filled

Last edited by a moderator:
Placing tentative interest.

Questions:
- Redstar or free for all?
- Expected post frequency? ( Weekly, bi-weekly, etc )
- In terms of the servant role will we be able to pick which ever hero we want from history?
Or will we be made to make spin offs/alternate versions of the ones from the series?
- What are your accountability policies as a GM?
By that I mean, if someone disappears for an extended period of time what course of action are you likely to take?
( ie. will the roleplay come to a total stand still for an undetermined length of time, or will we be allowed to continue without them? )

@ObsidianNyx

+ Open for all
+ I would prefer multiple posts daily, but it really depends on everyone's schedule.
+ You can make any historical hero for the most part, but I would prefer that you stay true to the mythology. I would also prefer that canon characters not be used. I may be willing to make some exceptions though.
+ If a person leaves for an extended amount of time without any sort of explanation their character will be killed off. So basically, stay active and your character will remain alive. Disappear and your character will leave the RP.

@ObsidianNyx

+ Open for all
+ I would prefer multiple posts daily, but it really depends on everyone's schedule.
+ You can make any historical hero for the most part, but I would prefer that you stay true to the mythology. I would also prefer that canon characters not be used. I may be willing to make some exceptions though.
+ If a person leaves for an extended amount of time without any sort of explanation their character will be killed off. So basically, stay active and your character will remain alive. Disappear and your character will leave the RP.
Thank you for taking the time to answer, but I will withdraw my interest.
I wish you luck with your roleplay, and hope all goes well with it.

I'd be up for this

Please ignore the weird blocky text. I have no idea why it did that. ^^^

Im also quite interested but have a question first. Have you heard of the plot for the new fate series spinoff this season? Fate/Apocrypha. Instead of the standard FFA between 7, an extra rule was added that if all 7 masters are alligned together, 7 more masters are picked. The two teams of 7 masters and 7 servant fight it out for the grail. The winning team then has their own grail war afterwards between the remaining masters.
Would this be interesting at all for the plot of this RP? Because having them 'unite for the greater good' seems quite cheesy to me, a bit of a cop out considering Fate/Zero was quite the opposite of that :P

(Also, if anyone else has any ideas feel free to chime in)

@SpitFire
I have heard of Fate/Apocrypha and I thought of doing something similar, but I did notice that someone else tried it and they seemed to have a lot of trouble finding enough players.
The reason I decided to have the characters unite is to avoid the RP becoming a giant mess. More often than not, when characters are killed off, especially when they have to fight to the death, I've noticed that player drama and power playing greatly increase. While I would always use a random generator to decide who dies, I know there will always be one player who will not accept their character dying.
I also enjoy keeping a decent amount of people in the RP to keep it going. If characters are being killed off then the roleplayer pool will simply diminish as people do tend to leave an RP if they do not have any characters to play.
I know that this completely goes against the theme of the Holy Grail Wars, but for an RP setting I feel as though this was the best option.

PS: For a while I toyed around with some other twists that I could put on the Holy Grail War, but this is the best I came up with. So if anyone has some other ideas feel free to let me know!

Yeah i agree with what you're saying. With the 7 on 7 i first imagined it would be 7 players and 7 NPC's so you woulnt really need 14 people to get it started.
Anywho as i said, not really a fan of the whole "They all fight together" thing so ill think ill pass for now, but ill keep an eye out for later if the plot gets thrown around and changed at all i might reconsider.

Best of luck :D

@Cairo

I haven't decided, but I'm wondering between saber, berserker, or caster class.

Sounds good. I'll let you guys pick first, then I'll take whatever left over.

Caster or Rider, please.

Also, having been part of multiple attempts at the 7 vs 7 RP imitating Apocrypha I wouldn't mind it if this RP tried something similar, but would prefer for it to be more traditional. While replicating the Great Holy Grail War is very interesting it also leads to a ridiculously increased workload for everybody involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.