Fighting the Losing Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oliver sighed and ran his fingers through his greying hair. He looked over to the human who was causing him so much trouble. He could throw him out and deal with the trouble he already had but then that would go against the starting belief of the resistance to help anyone who needs it and at least now Alantriel has calmed down enough not to freeze the human also. He turned to the vampire who now was frozen in his office, "I promised we would help this boy and we will so you can forget about that job, all right? He has done nothing wrong and until such a time that he has, we will help him. Oliver then looked around at everyone's curious looks and sighed. "As Alex was kind enough to remind me, the humans are getting more… unruly. The man, Cyrus Ryan has cleared yet another elf community in the town and we have good reason to believe that the way he did so was not just. I need you all to show him the error of his ways. You know what that entails correct?" They had all gone through this before, it definitely would not be any of their first missions so the question was more of a formality than much else. They all knew it meant that they were to either damage his operations until they were inoperable or to dispose of him in such a way that he could not do any harm again. Yes the human and his hunter were still in the room but they seemed to harmless at the moment so he felt he could speak about the mission.

Evelyn sighed in relief when the vampire man woke up and smiled a little, standing back up now that he appeared to be fine but still stayed a little near him out of curiosity as she listened to the mission Oliver had for them.

As Oliver was explaining everything to the rest of them, Alex just stood, leaning against the wall behind him with her arms crossed. She was watching the human and the vampire carefully as he spoke.

(sorry if its badTT^TT)

Time was a sleep the hole time and when she heard everything sje was pissed. she hated to be waken up like this she still had a few mor hours left. "what the heavens and hells" she tied her heir back angeryly and leaft the room slaming her door. she stoomped upstairs and didnt notice the door she yelled at everyone "HOW THW HELLS AND HEAVENS WAKES THE POWERFUL TIME" she didnt notice the boy she didnt care real she was tired wanted to go to sleep again

"Yea sorry about that. guess i do have some explaining to do. Right where to start"

"For starters" He grabbed Ragnar tail and forced it inside his shoulder and then pushed it away "you can make as many holes as you wish"
Blood started pouring out of his body soon enough it healed.
Scrubz rubbed the healed area and grabbed his bottle to have another drink.

"Look as you can see I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. My name is Captain Scrubz of the ship Blue Diamond. I'm a Vampire with a Beating heart because its not my heart which is inside me. I am linked with another. I have been in this world for 2 days and I needed finance. I've put posters around saying I'm looking for any work. A human found me he never said who he was and he was hiding his features with a cloak. I only new he was human due to his heartbeat. He was taking the micky out of my poster with the dragons and we got into a heated argument. If you can find this boy and bring him here alive you can have 3 bags of gold. as he left he said that i'll never find him anyway. So to prove the moron wrong and get some gold in my pockets I am here."
He locks his eyes on Ragnar and takes another drink. "Is that enough for you for now or am i gonna die here or at least be trapped somewhere more comfortable or even better be free.

Scrubz looked up at Alantriel then looked at the kind hearted evelyn....... "Fine I'll leave the boy There is always other ways to get gold." Scrubz turned to try to hear what oliver was saying. He muttered "yea I know I'll be fine".

Stepping in front of the human Alantriel put her hands on her hips. "Well the high and mighty Time finally decides to grace us with her presence. You're a little late for all the action, but that's what happens when you sleep all the time." Alantriel said angrily.

"well your not the one with powers that dran you engery now are you hun!" she hissed back at Alantriel. "and what happend here anyways. detales please and i need something to eat as well" she starts to walk around lookig for something anything now "now im hungery tired "

Alex rolled her eyes at Time, "Then why don't you go back to sleep and stop annoying all of us if you're so tired all the time. Hell, why don't you just go and die? Then you won't be so tired all of the damn time." She replied, clearly annoyed by Time's complaining.

Oliver clenched his fists, everyone's shouting and fighting getting on his nerves. "Time! Alantriel! Alex! All of you need to calm down! Time, I called you a while ago because I have a mission for you along with everyone else but since you clearly don't want to be bothered then you may go. Alantriel, please don't provoke her and Alex, you are a lady, so stop talking like you are otherwise."

Evelyn, now that Oliver had moved onto scolding the others, turned her attention back to the vampire who's name was apparently Captain Scrubz. She cocked her head to side with innocent curiosity, "How did you get someone else's heart? Doesn't it feel all weird in you?"

He looked at Evelyn and then laid back looking up at the ceiling. "It was many many years ago....." he paused and sat up looking straight into evelyn eyes. His mouth was trying to open but trying to say the words he was struggling. A took a deep breath. "It was my 3rd year of being Captain of Blue with my superpower of super speed, In one of our adventures I was turned not of my choice. I went on a blood lust and went into land. No faces all I saw just the blood pumping" He Paused for a moment to take another drink from his bottle. " My crew went on a mission without me to save me. It took them 7 months to save me from myself, they had to acquire some special sort of tranquilizer to really slow me down. Also this bottle". He wiggles the bottle around in front of the girl. "But when they shot me i was in the middle of feeding and I saw his face.............." Tears was now forming. He sat up drank up his drink..... wiped his eyes and carried on "I Have part of my dragon Horus's heart inside me. It helped me get back to me again. Also it was weird at 1st just like turning to the vampire was weird. you just get used to the new you"
With a frown he drank the rest of the contents of the bottle and put the bottle away into his cape.

Scrubz hasn't thought about that day for a long time and it hit him hard. He looked down at his knuckledusters and rubbed them.
In a whisper to himself "Sorry and thank you Blue"

Last edited by a moderator:
Pandora is walking through the forest on her way to the place she calls home at the moment, humming a tune to herself and thinking she has just feed really well and won't need anything for a while (unless something goes wrong anyways). As she nears the house she has a strange feeling that something may not be as it should, then she see's that the front door has been busted in she can't help but smirk and let her fangs down in apprehension of a fight. As she nears the the whole that was the door she is on alert and ready for anything she listens and can tell that Oliver and the rest are in his office, she calms slightly knowing everyone is ok, then the familiar smell of human evades her nose thinks *why the hell is there a human here* and a strange heart beat that sounds human but not, intrigued she runs off to the office where she take's in the scene. There on the floor was some guy with bright blue hair and his legs in cased in ice thinks *his definitely not human but has a humanish heartbeat.......... strange* she walks over him as if he is nothing and then she see's the human and can't help but show fang as she smiles at him.......

She looks at oliver with her purple steady gaze and say's "Well, i have been gone for a few days and all hell brakes loose, what's going on, i know we are here to help but a human really???? and this man on the floor i am sure he will be more cozy on a chair"." Oh and by the way i am back".

Mirri was floating in a corner near the window, high enough to be just a few inches away from the ceiling. She had relocated to the spot the second the human came in. She didn't like humans much, every time she'd come across one she'd been shoved in a jar. And then a vampire had come barreling in through the door. The little fairy had literally shot out the window before she calmed down enough for her sense of humor to com springing back. With that, she had quickly flutteered to get get something to munch on so she could watch everything happen. When she cam back to reclaim her corner, Time, Alex and Alantrial where having a cat fight. A giggle escaped her lips before she held up the chip, the size of half hr own body and took a bite out of it. Fairy dust glittered down from where her wings moved, landing on anyone or anything beneath her.

Pandora looks up to the corner of the room were Mirri was just flying out the window she chuckles to herself thinks* no wonder i made her jumpy what with the state of everything in this room and me running in too, i am sure she will be fine in awhile and back to herself mind you this Fairy dust gets everywhere and its just so damn had to get off* and chuckles to her self while trying to listen to the chaos around her.

Time sighs claming down then looks at Oliver "sorry please forgive me Oliver for my rudness but i will take the offer on the mission ifyou dont mined" she said then want back to finding something to eat or drink.

Alantriel sighed as she stepped down. When Pandora entered the room she moved in front of the human. Alantriel didn't want Pandora getting the wrong idea, the human was under her protection now. Alantriel eyed Pandora carefully as she turned to Oliver. "Oliver... I would like to go on the mission. I would also like to volunteer to watch the human." She said warily.

After a moment Alantriel remembered something. Often times she kept a small frozen popsicle up her sleeve in case she got too hot. Pulling the paper wrapped treat from her sleeve she held it out. "Would you like this Time? I always keep one with me. It's not like it's going to melt." She said with a laugh. Often times she would freeze flavored drinks and put a stick in them. They were a delicious treat for her.

The boy gazed around... So many people, So... So many people. He had too much trouble keeping track of them all- he figured there were already enough in the room. He snuck around to the window and looked out. He then turned, and kept his back to the window as he yawned loudly with an exaggerated motion.

Oliver sighed as yet another person entered the room and wondered about the human and the man on the floor. "The human needs protection from Cyrus Ryan and the vampire was hired by Ryan to kill the human." He explained to Pandora and he motioned to each of them in turn. "Is there anyone else that needs me to explain this? No? Good, that better be the last time I have to say this all right?" He said with a slight glare at them all. He then turned to Time and his glare disappeared at her apology, "It's all right Time just please remember to control your temper, that goes for all of you." He said then looked over to everyone in his office. He stopped at Alantriel, "You may and since no one else seems to want him, yes he shall be under your care as he stays here, however long that may be."

Alex groaned and allowed her head to fall back in annoyance, "Really? There's going to be two little brats stuck with me for this mission?" Oliver gave her a stern look. "Alex… You were the one that wanted to put a stop to Cyrus Ryan, this is your team. You will just have to make do. What they lack in age is made up for in fighting and ability." She just rolled her eyes and dropped down into the chair closest to her.

Evelyn listened to the Captain's tale and looked at him sadly and with concern when he started to tear up at the memories. "I…I'm sorry. I didn't mean for my question to make you sad." She told him truthfully and couldn't help but give him a hug once he finished.

Meanwhile, Outside...
"Colonel, Colonel! The signal!"
"Thhh! What did I jutht thay?"
"So- Thorry Colonel. But the thignal! I thaw the thignal!"
"Right, then what are you waiting for? Give ourth!"
A man covered head to toe in black slowly rose from the bushes, giving a thumbs up sign to the top of the building. Then, he quickly ducks back down, preparing for what comes next.

Meanwhile, On top of the Resistance headquarters...
A man clad similarly to the one in the bushes returns the thumbs up, then turns and doubles over what he had checked only a moment before. There were four others beside himself on the roof, each clad in different sets of Armour for the mission.
"Thumbs up, we're good to go- check the boiling oil lines one more time before starting... Salem, you're on point; start us off when all checks are out."

Salem readied herself, eating some sort of meal recently. She didn't change her armor yet, she felt like keeping the power a surprise. Her golden eyes looked off into the distance as she readied herself, her mind trying to get in the zone. "Yes, Sir." She spike up, heading towards her destination. She checked the oil lines and then looked back towards the leader for conformation. "Everything checks out," she said, matter o'factly. She began the lines, sending out burning oil towards the destination.

The other men on the rooftop follow her lead explicitly, tipping their jars of oil off the roof- the lines measured as to where it breaks through the windows at a set angle. Out of the five canisters, only three manage to break through the window and scatter their boiling contents across the office- the remaining two simply crash against the window and spill their contents across the floor. The men on the roof begin to reel the lines back in immediately after their oil cans are gone, tying themselves in to rappel down into the room after the canisters.
"Watermark is a-go, remember your target."

Rin's report was going to have to wait until everyone had dispersed she supposed. When Alex spoke up she rolled her eyes at her complaint, "The only brat in that party would be you Alex. You are the one complaining and whining like a little child after all. " Her words were smooth and she smiled at Alex snidely. She was generally kind but Alex just pissed Rin off beyond belief. Her spite was forgotten as soon as the barrels came crashing in and she jumped back to avoid getting hit by the barrels and their contents. She narrowed her eyes and readied her bow quickly.

Salem entered via ruins, her eyes seemingly lit with new energy. "Someone, get the one with the bow. She could prove to be a problem." She pointed to the one with the bow, it could be troublesome depending on how good a marksmen the person was. Her mind rushed to the jewel and for some reason it was already in her fingers, beckoning her for her to use it. She had gotten use to it, and apparently was chasing the satisfaction first felt on the beginning use and it was like an inner battle, yet she was aware to things around her. The elf fought it off and proceeded knocking over objects of value and cost as she walked over towards Oliver, sword ready. Her shield would face the one with the bow, covering most of her whole body, she looked like a child in armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.