Fighting for Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
»♥« ROSALIE SPENCER »♥«
Rosalie grinned. "I love adventure," she whispered before he moved back.

After they finished their dinner, she stood up to leave with him, when a voice called out to her.

"Hey, Rosie!"

Rosalie would recognise that voice anywhere. She turned around, and sitting in a booth nearby was none other than Oliver Grigori, the captain of the football team and Rosalie's ex boyfriend. Rosalie had broken up with him due to his only wanting her for sex and the sake of popularity and social status. He hadn't cared about her at all. He hadn't even remembered her birthday.

"Hi, Oliver," she said monotonously, pausing next to him just to be polite.

"You here all by yourself?" he asked, reaching out to take her hand. The football cronies, Jack and Harley, laughed stupidly. "Or did you come to see me?"

"Actually, no, I'm here with Matt," said Rosalie, avoiding Oliver's hand but putting her own on Matt's upper arm. "You know Matt, right? You're all on the football team with my brother."

"Yeah, we know Matt," said Oliver. "What, Matt, you weren't at practice because you were shacking up with Jasper's sister -- my girlfriend? Talk about team loyalty."

"I am not your girlfriend," snapped Rosalie. "If you don't recall, I broke up with you two years ago."

~ Matthew ~

tumblr_npy9a9XL8l1rlam15o1_500.jpg
Matthew looked over as he heard Rosalie's name being called from behind them. He walked beside her until he saw a familiar face; one that he didn't like at all. Oliver was not only the captian of the football team but he was one of the biggest jerk in school. Of course he can't say much about that because Matt had done his fair share of bullying, but not in the way that this guy had. He never got physical with people, ever. That's all Oliver knew how to do.

When he reach out for Rosalie's hand, Matthew felt himself tense up, but once he felt Rosalie touch his shoudler, he calmed down. He could already tell that if they didn't get away from Oliver, Matt's attitude would shatter and he'd throw a couple punches, not willing to miss.

"Team loyalty my ass. What happened to that when you got with one of my ex when we were still together? We didn't do anything, for your information. I actually respect girls; I don't use their bodies like you do."

"Ha. I don't use their bodies. Well... only if they have one like hers."

Referring to Rosalie and giving her an up and down before winking, Matthew didn't pay attention to much else. He just knew that the one thing he hated the most was when guys were jerk like that. His left arm moved Rosalie out of sight as gently as he could before he pulled his right arm back and pushed forward until it connected with Oliver's jaw.

Taking a step back, Matthew looked over the other two and knew that neither of them would fight back because they knew Matt and knew that he always got the last punch. Matt looked around and then turned, looking at Rosalie.

"Well Princess, I'm glad you like adventures, because our just started. Let's go and get you home before I run into anymore dick heads."

»♥« ROSALIE SPENCER »♥«
Rosalie gasped when Matt punched Oliver, though, to be honest, she loved it. She hated Oliver with a passion, due to his nearly raping her in freshman year, and loved to see him suffer. She took Matt's hand in her own and left the restaurant. The cool night air hit her like a ton of bricks, and she shivered slightly as she walked to Matt's car.

"You didn't have to do that," she said to Matt, still gripping his hand. "Like, it was awesome and he deserved it so, so much, but you didn't have to do that."

Rosalie shivered again, but not from the cold -- from remembering Oliver trying to get into her pants, from her refusal, and from Jasper literally saving her.

~ Matthew ~

Matthew felt Rosalie's hand slide down in his own. Gripping it softly, Matthew pulled her along beside him as he felt his bare arm touch hers. He could feel the goosebumps on her arms and felt her shiver. Increasing their speed, they quickly made it to his car and he opened the door so that she could get in.

After he was in and he had the heater on, Matthew grabbed his jacket from the backseat and offered it to her. He then pulled out and only then did he begin talking.
"No, he deserved it. He deserved a lot worse. I don't know what he did to you, but I have friends that he's done some bad stuff to and I was just waiting for an excuse to hit him. But I didn't hesitate when I got it."

Still slightly angry and tempered from the thing before, Matthews body was radiating heat. He sighed after a bit and then turned to look at her as he drove.

"Are you okay? Do you want to go home or--"

Part of Matthew wanted her to say yes so that he could take her home and then go back and give Oliver the rest of what he deserved. But the other part wanted her to say no so that he could hang out with her for just a bit longer. Yes, he had practice, but he'd make up some excuse so he could leave early and then he could find something for them to do. But, he knew it all had to end sometime.

»♥« ROSALIE SPENCER »♥«
"You have practice,"
she reminded him. "You should probably go there." In truth, she didn't want to leave him. She didn't want to go home and have her brother grill her about her dinner with Matt. She didn't want to surrender the jacket, which smelled like him. So, it smelled really, really damn good.

"Oliver ... " she trailed, wondering if she should tell him what happened. "Well, let's just say, it sounds like he did to me what he did to your friends -- you know, if they're girls. Jasper stopped him before he hurt me."

~ Matthew ~

Matthew nodded, knowing that she was right. He did need to go to practice. If he didn't stop skipping then they'd kick him off the team, and that was his only source of hope if he ever wanted to attend a college one day. Sighing a little to himself, Matthew turned down the road to get to her house before he heard her speak again about Oliver.

He glanced at her and then stared back at the road after her voice echoed in his mind. He didn't say anything until he finally pulled into the driveway of her house and hopped out. He walked to her door and helped her up, then walked her to the door.

"I'm sorry about what Oliver did to you. I'm glad that Jasper stopped him though. Thank you for coming to dinner with me, Princess. How about we go on an actual date on Friday? I'll pick you up, we can go to dinner, a movie, maybe walk around a bit. Talk. You know. Then maybe I'll let you keep my jacket Sweet Cheeks."

Matthew smirked a little and leaned against the side of her porch before looking down at her. "Goodnight Rosalie. I'll see you at school tomorrow."

»♥« ROSALIE SPENCER »♥«
Rosalie sadly shed the jacket and handed it to him. Then she brightened up when she he asked her on a date. "I'd like that," she said, smiling ecstatically. "I'd like that very much." Rosalie stood on her tiptoes and kissed him on the cheek, cursing her tiny height. "Goodnight, Matt. I'll definitely see you tomorrow."

As she had predicted, Jasper practically pounced on her as soon as she stepped into the house. He had been waiting in the little armchair that sat in the hallway purely because they had no where else to put it. "What did you two do?" he asked.

"We went to Mario's, had dinner, Oliver was there, he perved on me, Matt knocked him one and then drove me home," said Rosalie shortly as she made her way to the kitchen. The house seemed to be deserted, besides the older twins. "Where is everyone?"

"Dad and Calissa took Elliot and the little kids to Grandma's house," said Jasper. "Wait, Matt punched Oliver?"

"Yep."

"Why?"

"I told you, Oliver was perving on me."

Jasper gritted his teeth, no doubt remembering the time he had beat the crap out of Oliver. "Well, then, Matt has earned my respect."

"Good," said Rosalie. "Now, it won't be a problem that he's taking me out again on Friday night."

Jasper raised his eyebrows. "No he most certainly is not."

"You're not the boss of me," snapped Rosalie.

"No, but Dad is, and I will tell him."

"I'm sure Dad would marry me off to anyone who hit Oliver."

Jasper rolled his eyes. "Just be careful. I have zero qualms with beating up another of your boyfriends."

Rosalie rolled her eyes right back, went to her bedroom and continued her homework, while thinking of her date with Matt in two days time.

~ Matthew ~

Matthews night went by slowly. He went to practice and as soon as it got out, he went on to the small apartment that he shared with his siblings and father. When he opened the door, all the lights were out except the one in the kitchen. He walked into the kitchen, got himself some water to drink, and then walked through the hallways.

Once he knew that his siblings were all asleep and Matt had checked on his dad, he made it to his room and plopped down on the bed, falling asleep almost instantly. The next morning he woke up early and went through his normal routine, but as soon as his eyes opened, he remembered the night before.

Rosalie.

Smiling to himself, he hopped up and took a quick shower and got dressed before waking all of his siblings up. Once they were up, he waited until they were dressed before he look at himself in the mirror and walked out to his car. Once they were on the bus, he said goodbye to his dad and then drove to school without breakfast.

He immediately went down to the football field for practice and changed out. He didn't say much to the few people who actually showed up, but when the coach announced that there would be a game the following week, they all cheered happily before being released to class.

Walking to his first hour class, Matthew plopped down in the chair and waited for Rosalie to walk through the door, bringing a smile to his face.

»♥« ROSALIE SPENCER »♥«

"So, where were you last night, Rose? I tried to call you, but you didn't answer."

Rosalie walked to English class with her best friend and fellow cheerleader, Saphfyre. The two girls wore their short, comfortable black-and-white cheerleading outfits, because they had practice after school. Rosalie was excited to get to class and see Matt.

"I went out for dinner," said Rosalie.

"With who?"

"Matt Young."

"What?" said Saphfyre, shocked. "That weird guy with the tattoos who sits in front of you? Didn't he beat up Jenson?"

Jenson, one of Oliver's cronies, probably deserved it if Matt had beaten him. "I don't know. And it's not like it was a date."

Rosalie told Saphfyre the details of her dinner with Matt -- excluding when he hit Oliver. Saphfyre didn't know of what Oliver had done to her in freshman year. "Sounds like a date to me."

"The real date is tomorrow," said Rosalie, smiling sheepishly as they entered English.

Matt was sitting there, as she had prayed. She shot him a confident smile as she sat down. Saphfyre, who sat three people beside her on her right, watched in mixed awe and shock.

"Hey, cutie," said Rosalie to Matt.

~ Matthew ~

Matthew was finishing up some homework that he hadn't finished the night before when he heard a familiar voice just in front of him. He glanced up just in time to see Rosalie pass with a confident smile. Matthew smirked a little, but it turned into more of a smile as he turned with her.

He looked her up and down in her uniform and smirked a little.
"Hey yourself, Princess. I think this is the first time I've actually seen you in your uniform. I like it."

Matthew chuckled a little to himself and heard the teacher walk in. He didn't feel like turning around, but knew that if he didn't he would probably get yelled at get detention, making his date with Rosalie go down the drain. He gave her one last soft smile before turning around and facing the teacher as she began instructions for the day.

Right after she began talking, the door opened and everyone turned to see who was coming in. Matthew glanced over also and noticed his friend James walk through the door and plop down in an empty seat.
"James you're late. Where have you been?"

"Somewhere better than this."

The teacher ignored James smart comment and turned back to the full class as she began to tell them the assignment for today's class.

"The first ten minutes you can talk to your partners and fill out the questions I will give you for your assignment. Then we will start reading Romeo and Juliet, which we will continue for the next couple weeks. You may begin."

Matthew chuckled a little as he looked at his friend, but then turned and gave his full attention to Rosalie. He smiled at her softly and then turned it into a smirk as he thought about tomorrow. "So did you get any sleep last night or were you toto thrilled about tomorrow? No really, how was last night? Did your brother drill you will questions and interrogations?"he laughed.

»♥« ROSALIE SPENCER »♥«
"Yep. He held me under a bright light, played Justin Bieber for me and everything,"
said Rosalie. "It was torture -- but I'm here now, you'll protect me from him."

Rosalie fiddled with the neckline on her cheerleading dress, mainly because it was tight around her neck. "So, screw this assignment, what are we doing tomorrow night?" Rosalie flirted.

~ Matthew ~
Matthew chuckled a little and rolled his eyes. Her next comment made his eyebrows raise in amusement. "Oh I have to protect you too huh? I didn't sign up for this crap. Where's that contract at?" He was obviously teasing, but he tossed her a wink jaut to make sure she didn't get mad.

He watched her mess with her neckline on the shirt she was wearing, but didn't say much until he heard Rosalie speak up. He tilted his head up slightly and smirked as he thought about what he had in mind.

Matthew was not the type to get nervous. No, not at all. But something about this girl made him so nervous, but at the same time he felt comfortable and relaxed. It was strange. He hadn't ever felt that way before.

He turned his attention back to the waiting girl and smiled a little.
"Now that, my lady, is a surprise. Just wear something comfortable and relaxing. Casual. Nothing fancy.. yet." The boy gave her another wink and leaned forward on her desk as his elbows hit the books on her desk and he leaned forward towards her.

He got super close to her before he heard the teacher clear her throat and draw everyone's attention back to the board.

»♥« ROSALIE SPENCER »♥«
Rosalie smiled as Matt came closer and closer to her. She would have been perfectly content with making out with him in the middle of English, but the teacher snapped them back into reality.

When the period ended, Rosalie turned to Matt before leaving with Saphfyre. "See you at lunch."

At lunch, Rosalie was pulled against her will to the popular kids' table. She was wedged between Saphfyre and Jasper, with a few other cheerleaders and Oliver at the table. Oliver sported a large bruise, very shiny, on his jaw, and Rosalie grinned. Careful not to spill lasange on her pristine cheerleading dress, Rosalie at her lunch and watched for Matt.

~ Matthew ~

downloadfile-1.jpeg

Matthew heard the lunch bell rang and he dashed out of the classroom. He walked through the halls, down the stairs, and through the doors into the fresh, warm weather. He never ate inside because he was either pulled to the popular table and ignored, or to the rebel table and stared at. And he chose neither.

He usually sat outside by himself at the football field and ate, and that's what he did today. After he finished the sandwich he had brought and noticed it was close to time, he walked back up to the school and into the main cafeteria.

He looked around a bit, but after not finding anyone worth talking to, and still not spotting Rosalie, he sighed and walked out of the room. He leaned against the lockers outside and waited for the bell to ring so he could finish the day and go home.

»♥« ROSALIE SPENCER »♥«
Friday came, and Rosalie sat in the chair beside the front door, waiting for Matthew to arrive to take her on their date. She wore white, lacy shorts and a black cotton top, with a zipped-up leather jacket. Her hair was tied in a sock bun, creating a twist of the colours. She wondered what the two would be doing that night.

Last edited by a moderator:
~ Matthew ~

downloadfile-1.jpeg
As soon as Matthew got out of practice, surprisingly making it through without killing Oliver, he rushed home and showered. Once he smelled good and was dressed and looking decent, he checked the time and saw that he still had a half an hour to pick Rosalie up. After checking himself in the mirror again and looking over his outfit, a pair of nice jeans, a black cotton shirt and his normal jacket, he walked out the door.

The air was already starting to get cool, mentioning that it was becoming fall, and football season. The first game was the next weekend and if everything went well, he was going to try his best to invite Rosalie to be his date to the party afterwards, if she wanted to come anyway.

The black shirt he wore fit him comfortably while still showing off his muscles and fit body. Checking the time again nervously, he slipped his phone back into his pocket and jumped into his car. He backed out and drove towards Rosalie's house. Deciding to get there a little early to meet her parents and siblings again, he pulled into the drive way seven minutes early.

Grabbing the flowers beside him in the seat, he jumped out and held them to his side as he walked to the front door. He knocked softly and then stood back until the door was opened and he got ready to present Rose with flowers.

»♥« ROSALIE SPENCER »♥«
As soon as she heard the knock on the front door, Rosalie leaped to her feet and wrenched the oaken door open. There stood Matt, and Rosalie beamed. Due to her wearing black combat boots, she was significantly shorter than him, so she smiled up at him.

"Hey," she said, trying to step out of the door and close it without any more fuss. But of course, Jasper was there.

"Hey," he also said, stepping out of the kitchen and eyeing Matt down. "Matthew," he nodded. He stood beside Rosalie, who hung her head in shame. "Are those flowers? Lovely. I hope they're not roses and that you only bought them to deliver some cheesy pun like, 'roses for my Rose'. Because that would be gross. Where exactly will you be taking my sister? How late will you be out? Any more football thugs you're gonna punch out?"

"Jasper," sighed Rosalie, packing her tone with the most exasperation she could manage. "Go away."

"No, Dad is out and it is my responsibility to take his role."

"Dad would have already kicked me out of the door in a wedding dress," Rosalie said, rolling her eyes. "Have you met the man? He's the kind of get-overly-involved-in-kids'-love-lives dad." She turned to Matt. "I am so sorry about this."

~ Matthew ~

downloadfile-1.jpeg
Matthews lips formed a smile when he saw Rosalie step out of the house and he saw her. He brought the flowers out from behind his back and lifted them to hand them to her, but before he could speak Jasper stepped outside beside her. He chuckled as he eyed him and went into the protective brother mode.

When Rosalie apologized about it, he chuckled and shook his head.
"Don't be sorry. I have a feeling that when my sisters start dating I'll be just like this, or worse."

He then turned to Jasper and gave him a slight nod. "Yes, these are flowers, but they're not roses. They're called Dendrobium Orchids. They were my mom's third favorite when she use to plant flowers and whatnot." Matthew smiled at Rosalie and handed her the bouquet of flowers before turning back to Jasper.

"I wasn't going to use that pun because I was sure that Rose has heard that several times and my goal tonight is not to do the same thing as other guys have done. But I was planning to take your sister to dinner, then to a movie. The movies suppose to end around eleven, so about eleven thirty unless Rosalie spots something else that she'd rather do after that. Or if there's a curfew. But if plans change I'll be sure to let you know."

Matthew thought about the last question carefully enough before responding. "I will only be punching out more football thugs if they give me a reason to, but I'll make sure to keep my hands to myself, sir." Matthew smiled a little in his teammates direction, before glancing at Rosalie. "But anyway, if we want to make it to dinner on time, we should get going. Anything else that you need to know?"

»♥« ROSALIE SPENCER »♥«
Jasper looked at his sister pleadingly. Taking the hint, Rosalie turned to Matt and said, "I'm just going to run these flowers up to my bedroom, I'll be right back. Jazz, play nice."

When Rosalie left, Jasper turned back to his teammate. This time, desperation was in his face.

"Look, I know you're alright," he said. "But Rosalie's been hurt before -- and I don't mean just emotionally, Oliver has physically hurt her, really bad. You're alright, but she's my sister and you have to promise me nothing like Oliver will happen to her again."

With the beautiful flowers in a vase in her bedroom, Rosalie returned. "Ready?"

~ Matthew ~

downloadfile-1.jpeg
Matthew watched as Rosalie hopped up the stairs and disappeared in the house. He turned to Jasper as he spoke and he could hear the anger but pleading in his voice. Matthew sighed, half growling. He had known that Oliver had hurt Rosalie both physically and mentally, but every time he saw the guy or he heard his name or was reminded of what had happened, his hate grew more and more.

"Listen man, all I can tell you is that if that does happen again, it won't be because of me. And if it does happen again, I can assure you that I'm going to have to break the promise I made about not punching anymore football thugs. But I can promise that I will never break the promise of not hurting her. I won't do that."

There was a second of silence where the boys nodded and gave a slight smile before Rosalie came back down and smiled. Matthew immediately lit up and found himself smiling again, something he did a lot. He nodded and then nodded at Jasper before walking her out to the car. He opened the door and let her in before shutting it and going to his side.

As he got in, he chuckled and looked at her. He started the car and then asked her if she was ready before pulling out and leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.