Fighting Back

F

flachel421

Original poster
Emily walks down the hall of her highschool, her head down, green eyes averting people's gazes. This isn't how my senior year in highschool should be, she thinks to herself. I shouldn't let Katelyn ruin my life like this. I should do something. But she didn't. She couldn't. All her life, she had always let people push her around, never stood up to anybody, never fought back. And that wasn't going to change anytime soon.

"Hey, Emily," a girl sneers, and Emily looks up cautiously to see that it's Katelyn. Great. Just great. Emily doesn't respond, but keeps walking down the hall, arms clamped tight around her literature book.

"What? Cat got your tongue?" she asks, shoving into her and knocking her book from her grip. Papers spew from the book and onto the floor, scattering all over the hallway. A few people snicker, while a few look concerned, but don't step in or say anything. "See?" Katelyn says, giggling. "Nobody's coming to help you because nobody likes you."

Emily just stares blankly ahead. Katelyn opens her mouth to say something else rude, but luckily, the bell prevents that. "See you after class, Emma-loser," she says, and runs to class, kicking Emily's papers even further away as she did so.

Emily sighs, bending down and picking up her papers. She was late - again. She didn't know how she was going to get out of it this time.

As she's picking up her papers, she hears the sound of footsteps walking down the hall. She winces - was it Katelyn back to torture her? She hears the person crouch down next to her, and before she has a chance to look over, a male's voice says - "Here, let me help."

(Ignore the list below - I accidentally clicked something and that popped up and I don't know how to get rid of it :c)

Last edited by a moderator: