Fight School [OOC/Signup]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, due to outside events and personal things I wish not to discuss, I will have to drop out. It pains me to go but I believe this is the best course of action for my life. I hope you all have fun and things go well! /o/

Sadly, due to outside events and personal things I wish not to discuss, I will have to drop out. It pains me to go but I believe this is the best course of action for my life. I hope you all have fun and things go well! /o/
When things get sorted out, you're welcome to return.

Everyone else... please make some posts if you're not in the tournament.

===========================================================

Rolled a 9. ... Minus 1, total roll of 8. Welp... I bet I lost.

Last edited:
Well, at least we're nearly done with the tournament. Then we can get back to Fun Times at New Peaks High. xD

....I could never roll this high again if I tried, folks. See this? Miracle on RP.

First Rule of Fight School, don't fail Fight School

Kairi%20ID%20Card%20-%20NPA%20RP_zpsybprguui.png

Name: Kairi Hisane
I.D. Number: 23407812
Year: 1st Year; Transfer
Nationality: Japanese
Sex/Gender: Female
a02l1.jpg

Fighting Style: Keysi Fighting Method

Powers: Keratin Pincushion - Kairi has a large number of short keratin spikes embedded in her skin. If she desires, she may extend these up to 2cm outward as a means of defending herself from attack. While one might think this injures her, the spikes are sheathed within her skin and covered by a thin flap of tissue when not in use. As such, when they are not extended, she appears perfectly normal. These spikes cover her body at a density of one per square inch except in sensitive areas such as the inside of the elbow, back of the knee, and private regions.

Hedgehog-man.gif

Personality: Far from an average lady, Kairi has a rough, tomboyish behavior. It shows itself more through things she enjoys, including a good fight. She's one of those types of girls you'll either enjoy having around or feel she's an annoyance at times likely. Invasive and uncaring for some personal security, she can be blunt but she'll always have something to smile about in the end. Overall she can be as kind and honorable as anyone else but pique her interest in a good or bad way, that can change from person to person.

Background: Of Japanese descent, Kairi grew up in the States, more exactly in New York. Living in a decently well-off middle-class family, her mother worked as a lawyer as her father was a chef. While she did alright in school, socially there seemed to be an issue. As plenty of schools, a social hierarchy usually stems into existence around middle school. Because she didn't seem to click with most girls, she was eventually shunned as unpopular despite her lively attitude. Though, after a fight with a boy, that all changed rather swiftly. She was 11 when it happened, during 6th grade in school. She was defending a rather timid and shy girl from a bully that wouldn't back off and being a young kid as they were, their first notion was to throw a punch.

She only knew how to fight because she found herself in awe of what she saw in the recent Batman movies Christian Bale had starred in. With some convincing of her parents and the fact she had plenty free time after school, her parents set her up for lessons with whomever instructor they could hire for a set time. Through all that would happen, Kairi kept up with it up until present day, 3-4 years of experience.

Back to her fight with the young boy, it was her first fight ever, but it'd soon look to change how things went afterwards. It was during that fight she learned of her power. After rubbing her own jaw from taking the hit, she saw the boy standing still in a frozen shock, holding his hand like he hurt himself. She could see in his eyes that it was fear, and he wasn't the only one. Two others that were with him were gawking like a bunch of dopes before they started calling her names, screaming out. Freak was the most common.

The utter rejection she'd eventually deal with for being so different from everyone eventually changed her. She'd actively look for a fight if she could, usually targeting anyone that was an ass of themselves. Though, with how things turned out, she'd usually be the one to become at fault, even if in her own eyes it was for an understandable cause. Still, it didn't change the point that she was becoming a delinquent in the eyes of society, let alone a so-called 'freak.'

After graduating 8th grade to head into high school, her parents were worried how things would pan out in High school. High school was one of the more impressionable years that delinquent activity and other factors can come into play that would make it harder on Kairi to adjust to, let alone being a teenager. Doing some research, her parents eventually came across New Peaks Academy. The concept of it looked promising to help their daughter and they did whatever they could to set up her transfer to it. Being of a middle-class family, it was difficult but through plans and explanation, Kairi obtained a scholarship to attend with the 'Talented Teens' program. With what her parents explained to her, Kairi agreed and actually found it pretty interesting. Maybe there she could fit in and fight without any trouble.

Last edited:
Approved. Adding Kairi to the roster. Feel free to post in the IC and interact with any of the characters who are not already being interacted with.

Hey Daws, if you would like to do a copost, you should hit me up on skype.

Hey Detective Zero, mind if your character becomes friends with Hikaru? I am working on a post where she enters the coconut throwing event and something funny could happen between them. Maybe we can co-post?

I'm in the skype group chat but yeah I'm game for doing that. Do you use titanpad or anything? Either way I can do it.

Name: Troy F. Duncan
I.D. Number: 81247359
Year: 1st year
Nationality: American
Sex/Gender: Male

Appearance: [spoili]
untitled_by_demoncrona-d7b9g4n.jpg
[/spoili] Troy often gives people the first impression that he's kind of a grumpy guy because he's usually thinking of new jokes or acts, and his thinking expression makes him look moderately pissed off. However, he'll always smile when he realizes someone's watching. Though not really ugly, he's not exactly got charming good looks, and displays thin but noticeable rings under his eyes -- implying a lack of sleep, likely staying up thinking of scenes. He's known to wear the same rarely-washed light orange hoodie pretty much at all times, along with the most comfortable pants he could find that weren't too horribly digustingly dirty. In contrast, his blonde hair is always neatly combed and parted, and he tends to look as if he just got out of a morning shower; clean and refreshed, if not fully awake. He stands a solid 6"1, but his jocular demeanor makes him look smaller even to short people.

Fighting Style: Troy likes to tell opponents he's a master of the ancient art of Phŏ-kĕ, which is actually just a stupid way to pronounce "fake", as in "not real". Troy has no training, formal or informal, in any actual fighting style, meaning that should he find his way into a fight, he would literally have to make things up and improvise. That's not to say that he's utterly incompetent, just that he doesn't actually know any real fighting style -- he's still a fast thinker, and knows how to thoroughly read an opponent, much alike reading an audience.

Powers: In a similar manner, Troy likes to tell opponents he can see in slow motion, or predict the future, or any number of other things. This is also untrue. Troy has absolutely no powers of any kind, ki-based or otherwise. Of course, there's no solid way for most people to actually prove that, and he knows it, so in a sense, one could say he has the power of the unknown. But that's just a metaphorical power, not a real one.

Personality: Troy is an exceptional actor with a flair for the dramatic. It's rumored that he's more interested in riling up a crowd than actually winning a fight, and he's good at it -- the boy can change his outwards personality almost seamlessly to adapt to a given situation, based on how he thinks he needs to act to get people excited. For this reason, most of his fights look like something out of a movie, with him usually playing the villain -- he only wins occasionally, and not many people want to see the good guy lose. He's exceptionally good at making up cool lines on the spot and cracking jokes when pretending not to take an enemy seriously, even when they're clearly winning by far.

Outside of that, his real personality is something close to a comedian that maybe tries a little too hard. He thinks he's funnier than he is, but it can come off as endearing if you understand his intentions. Troy merely wants people to have a good time, and as such doesn't worry too much about being an exceptional fighter so much as making sure people are satisfied with a given course of events. He doesn't act all that smart, and his grades are average at best, but he is exceptionally clever as someone skilled at improv would be, which suits his untrained fighting style. As such, he is able to put up enough of a fight to make things interesting, if not to win particularly often.

Though he has a good number of fans who turn up to watch his fights, Troy does have a harder time making actual friends. His constant attempts to satisfy make him seem fake, and can come off as a desperate call for attention, which can be offputting. As such, he tends to only make friends with people observant enough to see the meaning behind his behavior; the exact same sort of people he'd never be able to fool.

Background: Troy was born closest to fighting nobility that you can get in the US -- both his parents well-known champions in the US and most of the world. Like Troy himself, they didn't actually practice a real fighting style; they just made it up on the spot, and it worked. Their ad-libbed style was famous for its uncharacteristic effectiveness, and they were both exceptional users of ki-based powers, possessing a wide variety of useful abilities rather than a small set of powerful ones. Of course, the sort of people who'd have such lust for battle would obviously be eager to pass their knowledge onto their children, which made it a bit harder on them when their firstborn turned out to be less of a fighter and more of an actor.

Troy was always a fan of superhero movies, the sort where the bad guys came up with evil schemes and the good guys came along to save the day. As a toddler, that sort of plot was all he understood. His parents figured he'd be a natural; superheroes did nothing but fight, after all. In the end, however, it turned out he was more a fan of the drama than the actual fighting. He admired the unique styles of every prominent character, hero or villain, and found it fascinating how they'd interact in such a way that made the show so much more interesting than just a couple random guys hitting each other. Eventually, he moved onto action movies with gritty protagonists, and became increasingly fond of their badass catchphrases and wit in the face of danger. For a while, he found himself baffled by how the villain would do something stupid and illogical -- why not just kill the hero with a bullet to the head, instead of a slowly moving laser to the crotch and an evil plan-explaining monologue? -- but eventually he realized that it was because the show would be boring if they were smarter, if they simply defeated their foe on the spot and moved on. Who'd want to watch that?

Troy, of course, still received the best "training" he could be given by parents who didn't practice a real style, and it was for the first time that they cursed themselves for not learning something specifically teachable. They'd always assumed their children would simply have the genetics to catch on easily. In addition, Troy displayed little ability with Ki, unable to mould it into any usable form, if only for a lack of effort. Everytime they'd tell him to practice, they'd simply discover him watching movies again, or catching up on hero cartoons. Though he did come out a pretty competent fighter(he had to have gotten some good genes, after all), he was nowhere near the world champion they were sure he'd turn out to be.

It was Troy's idea to be enrolled in New Peaks Academy. His parents weren't going to make him attend a combat school if he didn't want to, but he insisted on it. They thought, rather naively, that perhaps he'd turned over a new leaf and wanted to take on the family name, when in reality he merely wanted to test what TV had taught him. Nevertheless, it was a good deal for all parties. His parents were certain he'd manage to at least pass, if not with flying colors, and he got to act with an audience to show off to, people to make smile. After all, isn't that the point of show biz?
---
First rule of fight school, don't fail fight school.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Shirosaki
Well, your name almost makes me feel like you CAN make a better CS, but submitted this one for shiggles and because your name demanded it. Hell, even your quip at the bottom kind of confirms this. Still, a CS is a CS, I suppose, and I'll treat it with dignity.

On that note....you can't just 'screw numbers' with your ID. That'd fuck up computer systems all over New Peaks. Keep it to numbers, please.

The sex/gender field IS necessary, because a lot of females are taking male names and appearances, and vice versa (and I quote Final Fantasy).

That picture....did they kill Kenny again? Those bastards. Whatever. Moving on.

I don't like the personality. First of all, one social outcast is fine, but we have Gerald already. I don't really want so many sad sacks running about New Peaks depressing the plot for the rest of us. On top of that, Seth's character (and while he is inactive, he is free to return when he wishes) is already the 'failure' of New Peaks. Not to mention, if he's going to lose every fight he has, he, and quite possibly you, will NOT be having fun here at New Peaks. This is a school about learning to improve your AND your characters' fighting skills. If you're going to lose everything, what's the point? It defeats the purpose of the RP as a whole and makes your character a joke.

Moving to backstory.

While Troy's parents being skilled fighting champions is fine (and there's already more of these in the other PC's backstories than can be named), they CANNOT be masters of both magic and ki. Not gonna happen. On top of that, if my parents were all-powerful masters of the martial arts, they sure as hell wouldn't tolerate me being a pansy who can't fight. Moreover, if they knew I couldn't fight, why on EARTH would they send me to a school where ALL you do is fight? That's like sending your cat off to the dog pound. The entire concept is flimsy at best and needs some revisiting and rethinking.

When it comes down to it, your character right now is kind of a walking cliche. There are good ways to do cliches; most notably is when you take a cliche and add something new to it, provide a good way to develop from it, or parody that cliche in an effective, funny way. This character, right now, is none of those things. I think Troy needs serious edits before I can consider accepting him.

I did in fact post him like 50% for lulz, and the other 50% being that I am bad at bios and have to reuse old characters, then fix them when they don't fit. I never expect them to make it in the first time, 'cuz a reused character rarely fits the setting. I'll get on fixing him ASAP.

That said, it kind of sucks I accidentally overlapped like two other characters. I even checked them all first and still didn't catch that. Maybe I'll be a bit more attentive next time.

You can't do both magic and ki? Man, I had no idea. Not that it matters much, my character wasn't gonna do it. I'll fix the parents to be just ki users then.

I only included a picture 'cuz Beta made me. I'm bad at finding pictures. I can't tell if you want me to change it or if you're just commenting.

Thanks for being honest. I thought I wouldn't take it very well, 'cuz I'm a awful at taking criticism, but you're pretty reasonable. I'll try to have the changes done by tonight.

I reuse characters from time to time too, man, and I can understand where you're coming from. Just make sure to try and be timely, and I'm sure we'll have no issues. Don't get timely...and you'll have a Beta on your back. And trust me, you don't want to carry that lardo.

Though not really ugly, he's not exactly got charming good looks, given his somewhat pasty white skin and the thin but noticeable rings under his eyes -- implying a lack of sleep and an aversion to the outdoors. He's known to wear the same rarely-washed light orange hoodie pretty much at all times, along with the most comfortable pants he could find that weren't too horribly digustingly dirty. In contrast, his blonde hair is always neatly combed and parted, and he tends to look as if he just got out of a morning shower; clean and refreshed, if not fully awake. He stands a solid 6"1, but his unintimidating demeanor makes him look smaller even to short people.

anime%2B%2Bguy%2Bglasses%2B3.png

I refuse. Look at that hipster jerk. Bet he doesn't even need glasses. And his hair is messy af

Reactions: Beta
I refuse. Look at that hipster jerk. Bet he doesn't even need glasses. And his hair is messy af
Fits your description better than faggot-ass animu Kenny.

P.S. That is a friendly jab.

Just putting this so it notifies you guys I did an edit.

Man, my character ain't no intellectual. Especially not *now*. Faggot-ass animu Kenny at least looks kinda badass. Glasshole there looks like an actual faggot.

EDIT: No offense to faggots. Just not what I'm going for with this guy.

EDIT 2: Jesus, no offense? Really, tired me? This is why I don't type stupid things at night. Still not removing it, though. That line is gold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kay, after a lookthrough...

The only way this is going to work is if he's a first year. After an entire year at New Peaks, he'd at least know SOME sort of fighting style or have flunked out. The teachers are more than willing to give him help if he wants it, and he WILL be expected to improve or face the consequences (of summer school or worse), but otherwise, I think I'd be alright with accepting it.

I'm perfectly okay with being a 1st year. I'll go ahead and clean out the jokes while I'm at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.