Fight School [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even through Shotaro's barrage of insults and general cockiness, Junkiro remained calm and collected, though internally he was burning up. What had he just done? He knew he had an honor streak a mile long, but was it really enough to hold up to a guy four ranks and three years older than him? Junkiro knew he didn't really have a hope of winning. And yet...

"A man, no matter how strong he may be, should not make the insults in such a way. He has challenged our honor, and I am going to make him regret that. He has to know he can't just step on Junkiro Iwazuma. I will land at least a hit on him. Break his bravado, even if but a moment." Junkiro paused a moment, taking a sip of the water the waitress had given him. "Also, I have watched the American prison films...find the largest, strongest guy and challenge him to a fight. Win or lose, nobody takes you lightly again." Junkiro nodded, then gave the others a smile. "Do not worry about me. Let us enjoy lunch!"

Lunch came, and Junkiro's mouth watered at the tremendous-sized steak that sat before him. Even though he had ordered by far the most, Junkiro ripped into his food, savoring every bite. After all, with his family dirt-poor, he couldn't afford to EVER eat like this on his own dollar. He easily finished first despite his order; when he did, he let out a humongous belch and sighed. "My family...they are of insanity...I could die happy on American food."

As lunch drew to a close, Junkiro checked the time-3:15. Nearly time for the fight. "Come on, fellows, I have honor to uphold." Junkiro rose from his seat, glad the steak had digested enough by now not to impede his fighting style, and walked out of Shootfighter's with a confident smile on his face. Even as he exited the restaurant, he could feel the gaze of many students on him, and even heard some hushed whispers.

"That's the new corpse Shotaro's gonna make, I heard!" "Really? He sure looks confident for someone who's going to lose a limb or two." "He's just a cocky freshman...let Shotaro knock him around, he'll learn his place..." Junkiro heard these words and many more, but he merely shook his head as he kept walking-he may not win, he knew that, but nobody would forget him this semester, especially if he scuffed the face that everyone feared here above any other...

[BCOLOR=transparent]Co-op post with Zackymas[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Siel mentally noted the face with the name. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"White hair, blue eyes, and seems like he can't take a joke. Got it." [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]This would forever be the first guy Siel had a conversation with ever since he came to New Peaks so it was only justified to do so. "Jiro, eh…" Siel tilted his head at Jiro's name. "Is that Pacific or something? It certainly sounds like one... and I was raised in Korea." Yielding a child-like mind, he had no choice but to give into curiosity.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A bit amused, Jiro watched over the boy. "... Maybe…" His reply was plain and dry, but deep enough to answer the question. Although, Jiro itself wasn't exactly sure of his name's precedence, considering where he was born and who he was born to. Once again, he turned to face the field, "Now, if you'll excuse me. I'm going to take a walk around the campus." Jiro pulled out the map hidden in his pocket once again and started to walk off in a random direction. The direction was currently random due to not having an exact destination to go to. Before getting to far away, Jiro looked back at the boy, he still didn't know his name but he knew his, "Hey, your name?" From his location, Jiro raised his voice so the boy could hear him. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Siel would have gladly responded instantly, but since Jiro had raised his voice, there was a few people were staring. Siel's ego suddenly rose and he decided it was the best time to do a silly but, hopefully, cool looking move. Siel removed his scarf from his neck, wrapped it around his waist, and tied the knot at the back. He scratched the back of his head, gave a good smile, and pointed at Jiro. "Names' Ciel Jin. But spell it with an S! And I'll tell you now. I'm going to be the strongest in the school!" were the spoken words of Siel while his thoughts were: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Did I look good just then? Hell yeah, I did." [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]He remarked with a wild confidence while standing straight, just as any typical shounen idiot.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Most of the students in the area, which attention was already captured by before's "incident" got captivated once again by Siel's actions in the hallway. Considering that this wasn't a common day-to-day thing, most students fell over in laughter. The other fraction of the population just stared directly at Jiro as he was the one pointed by Siel. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Drysnia… this just isn't right."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Jiro thought as his eyes, filled with vacuum stared deep into Siel's soul, almost as if he was cutting him in half… it was one of those looks… but to Siel, it was nothing more than a glare of disapproval.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Strongest…. eh?" Those were a few words that cut into Siel's ears through the laughing. Siel turned left to meet the source of it and saw a taller boy. "I doubt that will happen. That's what I'm going to be." The taller boy started to rant about how he would accomplish SIel's mission by defeating the heads of some groups on the campus until his voice was cut off. What interrupted the boy's ranting, was Siel pointing at the him, his index finger nearly touching his nose. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Siel began to speak with a cheeky grin and his eyes closed. "Let's play a -"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Jiro slowly approached them from a side. With his hands in his pockets and armed with a killer-gaze, he stared at both of them. "Cut it off… both of you, speaking such nonsense without even knowing about other's abilities… at least wait to see everyone fighting to take out conclusions." Jiro's words came out with an alarming tone. It wasn't that he was mad, but that it was the one necessary to assure the end of the thread. These kind of hot-headed people were the ones that took the worst out of Jiro. Even though he was patient enough to not attempt any kind of violence against them, he wasn't patient enough to put up with this. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Relax~, I just want to play a game with him." Siel gave the same look he gave to the taller boy now to Jiro. Turning back to the taller boy, "Muk-jji-ppa. It's Korean Rock-Paper-Scissors. Except the winner tries to match what the loser chooses for the next round. Winner is most likely to become strongest!" Siel gestured for Jiro to take a step back as the game was about to commence. Siel had predicted that if this stranger was who he thought he would be then… Siel's guess was proven correct when the taller boy entered a ready stance. Jiro took a step back as Siel entered a ready stance and the game commenced.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Muk/Rock, Ppa/Paper, Jji!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]At the final word, instead of releasing his choice, Siel brought his back foot forward and kicked the taller boy's lower area. How could anyone tell that he hit there? There was a high pitched scream that caused a few students to cover their ears. Jiro's face-palmed at the unpredictable action. "First rule of going up against an opponent! NEVER DROP YOUR GUARD!" Siel quickly turned his attention to Jiro, "Now, since words spread and warp, you're going to become an accomplice to a misdemeanor. Shall we run?" [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Jiro sighed. This was going to be an eventful first day, wasn't it? He knew that the best thing he could do was to stay calm, maybe that way, if they saw Siel running and not Jiro, they might think that he had nothing to do with it. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You little shit..." A voice raised over the crowd as a group of young organized boys shifted through the crowd. One stopped to help his injured friend while others proceeded to walk toward Jiro and Siel, obviously recalling their possible acquaintance. "Geseki!" was the immediate response of Siel had said to the sudden aggressors.. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"This is too much for the first day..."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Jiro thought as he observed the situation. Fighting wasn't an option, not because of their superiority in number, but because it was the first day in the academy. If there were problems on first day then the person was pretty much screwed for the rest of the year. With a decision in his mind, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Siel… run." And with those words, Jiro left the scene with Siel, laughing like a child, not far behind. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Both Jiro and Siel ran around the campus like madmen. Jiro ducked and jumped around the campus, using whatever buildings he could for stepping stools. Siel mainly bobbed and weaved through crowds to get around. The group of flamboyant boys pursued them through half of the campus, but little did they know about the power fear and what it can bring to humans. Thus behind a Russian restaurant, Siel and Jiro managed to regroup after somehow losing the band of merry men. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]With a light breath, Siel turned to Jiro, whose stamina did not seem to diminish at all through the dash. Siel chuckled at the bastard's capabilities and finally spoke, "So… hungry?" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Jiro was simply too hungry to disagree or think about anything else, not to say he did not have any doubts, he was simply hungry. Jiro nodded for his response to the question and thought, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"At least I can taste home again..." [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Jiro entered the restaurant casually with Siel right behind him, eyeing everything about the place.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]For the next hour, the two had a cheap feast, costing no more than $60, and spent little time to get to know one another (after all, they were technically partners-in-crime for the moment). Siel was more on the talkative end, and when he was rambling about, Jiro couldn't help but steal something from Siel's plate. Siel asked many questions about Jiro and how he got into the school, seldom were there answers. Jiro wasn't really curious about the Siel as much as he was about him. If Jiro had to chose to ask anything, it would have been: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Why do you have so much energy?"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] At some point, Siel had quickly stopped talking. Jiro caught onto this awkward pause from the hyperactive person and moved his eyes from his plate to see what had happened. Said boy was staring at a digital board nearby. The board was displaying an announcement about something happening in an hour.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"... I'm going to watch that." were the quiet words that drifted from the hyperactive Siel. Siel was talking about a fight that was going to go happen in another hour. A fight between a D2 ranked Freshman and and an S2 ranked Senior, Jiro noted. Jiro himself was curious about how this fight had been setup and how hard was the rock that the D2 must have been dropped on to somehow agree to the brawl while Siel had found that the announcement itself was unnatural but didn't bother to mention that to Jiro. After a longer set of time, Siel rose and payed for about half the bill, thanked Jiro for being his first friend at the school, and headed off to Arena 12 long before the match started. Jiro finished up his part of the meal about 15 minutes after Siel had left, finally filled his stomach with "strong food that tasted of the Motherland."[/BCOLOR]

The following post is a co-op post between Cheselth, Kiro and Cfavano
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zen looked to Diana when she mentioned a map only to blink in confusion. "Well, that would have helped out about twenty minutes ago, maybe this dolt wouldn't have picked you up suddenly and almost have me kick the shit out of him." Zen had motioned beside him and with ahalf fake, wide smile. He patted him on the shoulder, his arm still wrapped around the man. "But that's ok, he just offered to buy us lunch, and one never turns down the offer to free lunch."

Although he knew it wasn't right to be a complete douche of any sort, he still felt like the kid deserved something for picking up a complete stranger out of the blue like that. Zen hated the thought of admitting it, but he needed friends here and so far the only friend he had, or could call a friend, would be the female neko in front of him. This was only because he saved her from two kids who picked on the half breeds. Zen missed the friends he had back home, the few he had at least.

Even after everything that had happened, Zen figured he'd have fun with the kid, whether or not he was nice. Maybe he could develop one of those friendly relationships with him where he's always treating the guy like shit, yet still a good friend. That was his hope in the end, if it had changed to Zen actually liking the kid then so be it. He would only have one more friend in the end. The more friends, the easier school would be, and the less fights he would have to enduse just to get some people to recognize him.

Zen shifted back over to Diana and looked to Bradley only to glance back to Diana for her question. "Hm, you have a point we still don't know his name." Zen looked Bradley over carefully, only to scratch his chin making it seem as if he was thinking hard. "Well he's surely American, so I'm going to go with Jimmy, or Henry, some white man's name. Or maybe he has a weird name like those strange kids where he's really a guy but his name's, like, Ashley or something." Zen nodded in agreement staring him down one more time. "I've decided...Your name is Ashley."

Diana blinked and then looked at the ground in embarrassment. "Uh... y- yeah. Sorry about that. I guess it slipped my mind. I'll try to remember something like that next time..." She looked back up and to Zen, who was talking when she finally looked towards him. "I don't think you should call him names, especially when he's offering to buy lunch. And I already said it was fine that he picked me up, it wasn't like he was going to crush me to death or anything." She gave off a small giggle and put the map away once again. "But yes, while free lunch is nice, I do have a few dollars to spare. I wouldn't mind helping with the payment at all." With a smile she turned back to the stranger and flicked her ears. "Ashley? I don't hear that name too often, but I'm pretty sure Ashley was originally a man's name before people started using it for girls." Again, she let out a soft laugh.

"Uh..." Bradley began, "My name is Bradley, Bradley Johnson. And I am not American, thank you very much. I am from England, and so were my parents, and their parents, and their parents, and their parents, so on and so forth, back to the twelfth century." He says, with an air of pride. "I'll have you know that I am forty-second in line for the throne." One could almost see his nose take off like a harrier jet, but he stops himself before he does so, for it would be rude to do so to people he had just met and wants to make friends with.

"Um, maybe we should go now? My family owns a restauant on this Island, Mickey O'Flannigan's Irish pub, and they have the best fish and chips in the world, and their yorkshire pudding is to die for. You'll be able to eat for free as long as you're with me, and we can get priorty seating and service. So..." He gestures down the road, "Shall we go?"

She quirked an eyebrow at him as he started going on and on about his familiy's history and politely waited for him to cease speaking so that she could get in a few words. It wasn't until he asked if they should head out that she finally spoke. "Uh, yeah... Nice to meet you Brad, though I didn't think of you as... royalty..." She bowed slightly, as she had seen others do. "Excuse me if I am being rude." She stood straight up and held out a hand for him to shake. She didn't know why others did it, but she knew it was the formal thing to do so she simply went with it. "Would you happen to need the map to find the resteraunt?"

Zen shrugged, focusing on Bradley while speaking to Diana. "Not calling him names, just makin' suggestions on what his name could be." After the boy had spoken his name and nationality he frowned. He was completely off and wrong. He hated being wrong as it was. Not to mention he was no where close to the correct name. When Diana said she could help pay, he frowned at it even more. Not to mention she said Ashley was a man's name. "It's still a girly name in today's life." Zen crossed his arms in a pouting fashion as if he were a little kid who didn't get his own way.

His expression would soon change as he smiled when Bradley mentioned being forty second in line. Of course the comments he could come up with on end for that one. Something along the lines of 'Forty Second? is a fish ahead of you? Or is it a snail.' He thought the comments through for a moment and realised it wasn't the time or place. He didn't know the kid well enough and the more comments he made the less chances he would have at the free food he was getting

Zen still felt an annoyance towards the boy and wanted to destroy his small figure, from what Zen could tell this kid couldn't destroy even a fly. Maybe Bradley ranked the lowest in school or he could be faking everything and be a strong fighter playing it off as a kid who was acting so lost and confused. His attention was still lost when he begun mentioning Irish food. He enjoyed Irish food, mainly the way they grilled the steak and the 'chips' or as he called it fries.

He stayed lost in his thoughts only half listening to the boy's words only to have his full attention snap to Bradley when he heard him mention 'Free food' "Free food? So if they see us with you once, they'll accept us for eating free all of the time?" He enjoyed this idea, or in his head he did. Yet when he gestured down the hall, Zen nodded in agreement into following him. "Lead the way rich free boy, who is now Ashley!" He said with a large grin in a joking manor

"No, I do not need a map, and I am sorry for snapping, it is not something I usually do. And no, you can't use it to eat for free whenever, I have to be with you." Brad would then lead them there. The front was vary intricately decorated with pictures of stereotypical leprechauns drinking and fighting, with the name of the pub in green neon. The o was shaped like a four-leaf clover. They get in and would be greeted with loud traditional Irish music, and all the servers are dressed like leprechauns. Bradley shows his ID and they are taken to a booth right away, even though there were about ten other people waiting. "They reserve a booth for me. Order whatever you want, however much you want."

The young girl looked over the menu, thinking that the other people waiting should have at least gotten a seat before them. She finally spotted a dish that seemed like something she would want. Before she could say aything, however, Bradley had already ordered. Diana waited for a few moments and when it seemed like the others wouldn't notice her petite voice ordering, she shook her head and ordered. "May I get a medium steak, medium rare please?" That was all she ordered, but it was more than what she was used to eating. Usually she just ate a small serving of something back at home to preserve food for when they didn't have enough money to buy many things.

When the food finally came, she had already finished drinking her beverage and she was still thirsty. "Um... You don't happen to mind bringing a glass of milk, would you?" She asked the waitress before she left. When Diana looked at her steak, just the thought about eating it would make her mouth water. It looked delectible, definately better than what she had at home. She bowed her head and whispered to what seemed to be herself before she even touched the meal, and even when she did start eating, it was small bites at a time. After about twenty minutes, she was almost half way done and her milk had been half gone for about three minutes of that. She took a small sip and couldn't eat anymore. She started feeling full a bit ago, but the meat was too good for her to just stop.

Diana took the steak to go, but finished her drink making sure to finish every last drop of it. She was looking a little tired after the nice food she had just eaten. With a yawn and a stretch, she stood up and looked out to the electronic board again. "I wonder whats going on..." She muttered to herself as the tip of her tail drooped so far it brushed agianst the hard wood of the pub.

Zen smiled when he said he didn't need a map, at least some of it wouldn't be an issue. They could have gotten stuck with someone who had no idea where they were going and they'd be spending at least an hour searching for the place, and if this guy's family owned the place he could get seated and fed instantly. If Zen followed the guy every time to this place, he could eat whatever he wanted, when he wanted. If Zen ate for free at a place owned by his folks he would eat every day, all day. After school that was, he always sucked at regular classes but if he fought first, ate, then fought more, he could maintain his posture, keep his skills up and eat all he wanted. Zen sighed dreaming to himself. He knew this was just a dream. Not everyone could own some place fancy and eat when they wanted.

The boy followed the two quietly thinking of his order. If he could have anything he wanted, he wanted to make sure he got exactly what he wanted and ate as much as possible. It was his first meal that he could actually order anything he wanted to order. It wasn't something he got too often, and he surely didn't want to waste the opportunity. Maybe the largest steak? Or he could possibly even order two with a large plate of fries. Zen's mouth watered with the thoughts on this meal, the steak, the fries, maybe a salad, a burger, drinks to no end. It would all seem perfect just for a single day.

When they reached the Pub he marveled at the sight. It was glorious and looked amazing. The 'O' being shaped like a clover was kind of neat as well. That was something he didn't expect. Leprechauns everywhere in stone and posters as well as pictures. Then to top it off, the servers were dressed up in the same outfits. The female's outfit looked a bit skimpy to him, but he was sure that was mainly for profit. Zen took note of everything in sight and thought of the way there just so he could come here any time if the food was perfect enough.

He continued to examine everything, nearly bumping into Bradley and the neko when they came to a sudden stop. He looked to see what was going on only to see the line. "Oh great a line. Wonder how long this will ta-" He paused watching Bradley show his ID and they bypassed the entire line. That made this entire trip to eat even more perfect. "Well then, guess it means somethin' to be a part of the family doesn't it? Wish I had one of these places.Or at least I wish my family did."

Zen sat across from Bradley, allowing Diana to sit wherever she wished, which in this case was right infront of the two boys. He then waited for the server to reach the table and to be rather quick, they were there in almost an instant. He let the two order and to finalize everything. He looked upon the menu. "Yes, I would like a tea, and I'll be finished with this in a moment so you can return to refill it if you want. A nice juicy steak about medium rare a bit closer to the medium side. A large order of fries, Hm...." He paused to over look the menu for a moment thinking hard on it. "Actually just to top it off, bring me another steak about half the size as the first one, and a salad to go with it. Figure I might as well get a big meal if we're going to get whatever we want." He grinned widely and closed the menu, passing it to the waitress who was bowing softly in a respectful manor to them. "Thank you."

Zen licked his lips as they walked away and returned with drinks only to suck half the drink down almost instantly, placing it on the table and waiting for them to return with food. He loved tea, almost as much as he loved the food he was about to receive. And to top it off, a kid he had just met was paying for it. He was already begining to like the kid, whether he wanted to admit it or not. The guy was buying him food, got them in quick and actually knew where they were goin' right off the bat. He would be lost just finding this place.

Only twenty minutes passed when the food was brought out and placed in front of the others as well as himself. Zen proceeded to start with the steak and began eating as quickly as possible. Drinking his tea slowly with every few bites. He was eager to finish this food then get back to school, who knew how long they would have before they actually had to do something. Maybe it'd be a day off tomorrow to get the hang of everything they just encountered. Or they would instantly shove him into a classroom the following day and hope he got the gist the first day.

As the time passed, Zen had finished all but half the salad and the second steak. He had finished three drinks and was tired just from eating. Zen knew he couldn't eat anymore and his stomach was begining to look a little bloated with the food. The time would pass and he would wait for the other two to finish their food, finishing his food first before everyone else. Zen was always a quick eater, wanting to get back to his work and life.Grabbing a to-go plate, to take back to the school with him, he headed for the door with the group. The food would make a great snack later on if not, lunch tomorrow.

When they reached the school, it wasn't long before the board had lit up with the fight list. A senior challenged by a freshman. Zen laughed aloud just at the sight of this. Clearly this fight would only last a minute maybe two if the kid was lucky. "Yeah, looks like some dumb ass freshman challenged a senior. The fuck was he thinking? Getting rep by getting his ass kicked? I wanna see this fight, maybe it'll bring more joy to this day. it would be nice to see a fight break out and have the day finish off with this. Tomorrow I guess we get started right?"

Diana answered his questions with a shrug and opened her map. With that she looked for the location the fight was going to be in, and she started shaking with excitement. "C'mon, I think this will be a learning experience for us. Plus, if he's fighting someone who's been here a while, I can get some of his knowlege of blocking and countering!" She seemed to be a little too happy for this, because when she finished talking, she grabbed both of the boys and urged them to come along with a huge grin on her face.

"Plus, it might be fun to see who wins. I'm putting my money on the new kid if he has the guts to challenge a person with years of practice in fighting here..." With this, she led the group all the way to where it was supposed to happen, and waited for it to start. She put away her map and took out a notepad and a pencil for notes. She wasn't one to take note of every single thing that happened, but in this case it was probably the smartest thing to do if she were to ever be challenged or challenge anyone in the school.

After Shotaro had left the restaurant, Axel still laughing to himself, Junkiro explained the rationale that was behind his challenging of one of the absolute best fighters in attendance at New Peaks Academy. He made points about the honor that resides with everyone, guaranteeing that he would at an outright minimum, land a single hit upon his opponent or as Junkiro had phrased it, "break his bravado". He also brought up that in American prison movies, whenever someone challenged the strongest person to a fight, no matter the result, they would gain the respect of nearly everyone else, then telling Axel and Vincent to refrain from worrying about him.

"Well, I understand, as honor is quite an important thing, and should be prized, although not at such a heavy toll. Nevertheless, I have no problem in your path, even though some prefer to fly under the radar, this is how you have decided to move forward, and I support you in it." Stated Axel, avoiding the matter for the rest of lunch.

Soon, their meals arrived at the table, each looking impressive in their own right. As Axel received his dish, he couldn't help himself but to allow his mouth to water at the steak he had ordered. Made from the most tender cut of steak, the filet mignon was extremely succulent and delicious. Although the cut by itself is usually somewhat lacking in flavor, it had been wrapped in bacon, keeping the steak moist, while also making it more flavorful, increasing it's delectibility even further. Axel took his time enjoying the magnificent morsel, thoroughly chewing every single bite of meat, leaving no room for conversation mid-meal.

Not too long after Axel had finished eating, Junkiro stood up from his chair and beckoned Axel and Vincent, as the time for his fight was nearly upon them. Axel followed him out of the door to the outside, where Junkiro caught many a stare, and he could hear a lot of mumbling, from which he discerned very little that was remotely useful, mainly just what the other students thought of the matter. Listening to these comments amused Axel as he tailed behind his new friend, who was seemingly walking to his own doom.

"Well, this certainly is one way for me to go fly under the radar" Thought Axel to himself, as he walked to the Central Gardens Arena alongside Junkiro.

Elena scanned her copy of her assessment. She'd ranked in at a D1, a grade that she wasn't exactly happy about. It was something that she'd have to be content with for now until another chance arose for her to prove herself. She folded the sheet of paper and tucked it in the right side pocket of her blue jean shorts and proceeded to make her way to her dorm. She'd been walking around all day since the early morning and was exhausted, or "dog-tired" as her father would say.

On her way there, she came across a particularly painful scene. Some kid had bumped into what looked to be an upperclassman, his clumsiness rewarded with a very swift and painful knee to the gut. Elena huffed at the sheer arrogance of this Shitaki Mushroom, Shotaro, or whatever the hell his name was. She hated bullies, and this guy had bully written all over him. That one is going to be a problem, the Brazilian native thought. He needs some serious humbling.

Elena eyed the upperclassman as he walked away, meanwhile contemplating several ways to dislocate his jaw. She wasn't intimidated by him, not in the least. Having trained with her father, a former soldier and two-hundred and seventy pounds of solid muscle, she had no reason to be. "That cockiness of his," she whispered, "it's only temporary." Elena made a mental note of what the bully looked like, then turned around and proceeded back to her dorm.

Two hours later...

Elena had fallen asleep while watching Pulp Fiction, a particularly gruesome number directed by some guy she'd never heard of back home. She was slumbering peacefully before her ears twitched at the sound of some girl yelling....

"SHOTARO YANMEI VS. SOME FRESHMAN!! CENTRAL GARDENS ARENA!! HURRY!!"

This was followed by the sound of a loud knocking against Elena's door, which made her jump out of bed with the ugliest and crankiest look on her face. "Goddammit," she cursed, "NO ONE CARES!" Elena heard a number of girls opening their doors and scattering down the hallway, yammering about how the fresh blood was going to get his ass kicked and how handsome Shotaro was. It made Elena roll her eyes, utterly annoyed. She was not that kind of girl, and she certainly didn't care for watching some asshole act all macho while beating up on a freshman.

When the stampede of hormonal groupies could no longer be heard, Elena laid back and attempted to get back to sleep. She was sure she'd hear about the fight tomorrow, hundreds of takes on it from multiple people. She wasn't looking forward to the gossip, but this was high school after all. She wouldn't be able to avoid it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Word was spreading all over campus that a freshman had challenged the school's top dog to a fight. It seemed Elias had done his job in telling the entire school. Shotaro was at the Central Gardens Arena just before 3:00PM local time, eager to show this cock freshman where he really stood compared to the school's elite fighters. The heavy bag was being severely punished by the fourth-year student, who knew that warming up his muscles before a fight would only do him good. Plus... it entertained the other students who were steadily increasing in number around the small dojo-style arena.

Meanwhile...

Vincento had finished his meal with his new friends, and was now following them to the place where he just knew Junkiro was about to get his face rearranged. "Dude, sul serio. You KNOW he is doing to decimate you. So why go through with this demente fight?" Honestly, he wished he could JOIN Junkiro in the fight. At least with two against one, they would have a slightly better chance. Alas, that was against the rules and he didn't feel like gettin in trouble on his first day.

While Diana was talking about betting on the new kid, Imperius Gloria's own Siu Zhenzhen Lei Fong walked up behind the young parahuman and her Korean friend. "I wouldn't bet on that kid, little kitty. He's got no chance against Shotaro. But you WILL learn something if you go." still speaking, the girl began heading toward the Central Gardens Arena. "You'll learn which faction is the strongest here at New Peaks." The girl's tone was dripping with pride and confidence, enough so that the two freshman could almost feel it. "See you two at the fight." said the girl as she broke into a run.

Similarly, a new figure would approach the duo of Ciel Jin and Jiro Faint. It was none other than the young man who had activated all the challenge boards, Elias Palamara. "I overheard you just now. Watch what, that freshman who is about to fight the school's top guy? Yeah, that'll definitely be a show. I was just headed there myself if you want to tag along." he asked in a friendly voice. Though even as he asked, he started to walk toward the arena regardless of if the duo was in tow or not.

Arriving at the arena with a few minutes to spare, the trio of freshman had to push through a crowd of their fellow students to get to the area where the fight would actually take place. Shotaro noticed them as quickly as they appeared, and decided to show a little bravado. "TCHA!" Accompanying the loud cry was an incredibly fast kick. Pressure waves shook through the heavy punching bag with the impact, and quickly tore through the thick material which held in all the sand. The students in the crowd cheered loudly in response. "Sho-ta-ro. Sho-ta-ro. Sho-ta-ro." could even be heard being chanted by the members of Imperius Gloria who were in attendance. No matter how you shook it, this crowd was here to watch the new guy get taught a lesson... not to support him.

Sand slowly poured out of the bag as Shotaro walked over to the far side of the arena."Well I'll be damned. You actually showed. Here I thought I'd just be putting on a solo show for the student body. I've never been happier to have an assistant." The door at the back of the room opened, and a massive figure entered. The school's gym teacher, and the judge for this fight... Weiss LeBlanc. He disconnected the ruined bag, sat it down near the door he entered through, and kicked the sand aside with one foot before walking over to the outside middle edge of the floor.

"Good afternoon, students. I'm your gym teacher, Mister LeBlanc, and I will be the judge of this fight. Lets keep it clean, by the books, and all walk away from this relatively unharmed." The teachers gaze went straight to Shotaro as he spoke. He knew what the older student wanted to do, and was sure the freshman had no idea just what lay in store. "Now step into the locker rooms and get properly dressed, if you like." Shotaro was already in his gi, so the decision to change or not was on Junkiro. If he chose to change, Weiss would wait before signaling for the fight to start. If not, he would raise one hand in the air and put a whistle between his lips.

Last edited:
Don't bet on the new kid... But why not? He's obviously pretty strong, or just very stupid, to challenge someone like this... This thought ran through her head at a thousand miles an hour, it seemed like. Right now, that's all she was thinking. "Hey, guys... Doesn't he look... Familliar?" Diana asked as she pointed to the kid who had just entered the scene. Him? I could swear I have seen him before... But where...? It was then she remembered. The run in with a group of people in the hallway! Just after they left, Brad had picked me up. How could I forget? Once she was done thinking she focused on the boy just before he obliterated a sandbag. "Wow! That's some kick. I wouldn't be able to do that with a knife..." She said under her breath. "This guy is pretty strong." Diana was thinking aloud, not noticing it herself. She clapped for the young man and took a note on his posture. That kick might help me in tight spots... but I don't think I'll be able to 'master' it in just a day. It will probably take a few years, knowing how slow a learner I can be.

With that, she looked at her new friends and wondered what they thought on the situation. If the new kid were to win, then the boy, known as Shotoro, would probably be looked down upon and would be replaced as the 'alpha dog'. However, if the other boy were to lose, then he may only get both his body and ego bruised. Maybe even teased for it. Ugh... I really hope that isn't the case for the poor guy... Dealing with bullies all her life, she always assumed the worse from them. With that, she figured she would at least give him some confidence. She knew his name from the chants, so why not? "You can do it! Beat Shotaro at his own game!" That's what she went with, and she was going to stick with it, whether or not the other boys, who accompanied her, liked it or not. With that done, she awaited eagerly for the fight to finally begin.

Siel was on his way towards the arena when a person he had not met before had shown up and talked about the fight and asked if he and Jiro were willing to tag along. Siel simply nodded at the offer, despite the fact that the new person continued on like the quick conversation had not happened, yet was not going to make an effort at a verbal exchange with himn. There was a odd air about him and in Siel's short life, he knew to trust his gut feeling when it came to people. And although this was a reason why Siel did not desire conversation, it was not the main reason why; Siel's true distraction was his curiosity about the upcoming fight. He questioned the reason why the fight was going to happen, just like everyone else, but questioned into much more depth. Could it be a demonstration? "Unlikely. The school wouldn't risk a Freshman like this." A dumb stroke of luck setup by fate? "I guess the same reason for the last question would work for this one." Could it really just be some hot blood between a Freshman and a Senior? "I guess that will have to be the answer for now. So... which one of the two is the hot headed one?"

When Siel had entered the arena, he decided it was to go on his own. The other guy, whose name he didn't even bother to get, most likely had his own friends and group to meet up with and converse about the fight. Plus, Siel wanted his own area to observe the fight; preferably somewhere in the middle row and aligned to the center of the fight area so that he could see the fight without being too far away where the fighters would be like ants nor too close to the point where Siel could be affected by collateral damage. Siel finally found an empty spot near his desired area, which was occupied already, and sat down. The way Siel sat, arms and legs crossed with a glare-like stare, could give off a menacing form or a dislike of one of the contenders, when in reality, he sat in a way that was comfortable for him to think. It seemed that the freshman had not shown himself yet so the senior was doing a warming up, the confidence of the senior could be faintly felt throughout the entire arena.

Siel took the time he had to observe the senior, Shotaro. His looks certainly did match the idea people would have for a senior of a school whose main focus was fighting. Siel had not been able to find many other details until the move that gave Siel an idea on the whole situation had happened. It was obvious that the kick Shotaro had done was to show off his skill set. "Most movements like that are done with a specific purpose in mind. The first reason would be intimidation, but since the other contender hasn't shown himself yet, that is immediately disproved. The next reason would be either he's serious about this or... he's confident. So, Big Shot... are you stupid, serious, or cocky..." Siel thought to himself; he found it funny how his analytical side always brings out a bit of his serious mind, but a reminder that fighting, not just the action but the fighters and other things, was his entire life put to rest his mental smile. At this point, the person who would be the assumed other contender, named Junkiro if Siel recalled correctly, had finally arrived. Siel couldn't tell much about Junkiro from just his entrance, but he could tell one thing already. "I see.... At least he's not stupid enough to be too confident in winning." Siel blocked the visibility of his mouth with his hand and smirked.

Zen didn't want to admit it but he was wishing to see the new kid get the snot kicked out of him. The joy of watching a good beat down would be marvelous in his opinion. The boy just thought of all the fighting movies he's seen over time. The fight scenes where someone came in at the last moment and wrecked twenty or so people at once and is left unscathed. "Put all the money you want on the new kid but I'll raise your bet on the Senior. So if you want I'll put down twenty dollars on him. That kid is going to kick the shit out of the Freshman." Zen smirked at the thought and continued following down the path. It was then a female rushed by mentioning the same thing he had just done. He smirked looking beside him to Diana. "See even she thinks so. Although, this whole Imperius Gloria club does sound kinda neat. I might try and go for it eventually, but from the sounds of it we have to be elite fighters." He pondered on the thought for a moment then continued on the path.

A short time had passed since they started heading towards the place, they were nearly there when Zen glanced towards Bradley "So Ashley, who do you think is going to win? Rather, do you think the new kid is even going to land a hit on the older one?" Zen knew the freshman would get destroyed although he was curious to see if this Freshman would strike the guy once. That would be interesting to see his reaction. This would be a wonderful day indeed in Zen's opinion.

Upon entering the Arena he looked around examining the sight of it. Everything looked amazing in this area, and the whole thing was still like a dojo. He would take notes on this for future fights. He knew his temper would get him here at some point, when was the question and hopefully this whole fight wouldn't spark Freshmen challenging Seniors or vice-versa. If a senior challenged him he would instantly decline it either that or fail to show up. "Wow, this place is actually pretty amazing. I want to fight here eventually, and winning a fight would be nice too."

He began looking amongst the people only to watch one man obliterate what appeared to be a sand bag causing Zen to blink in shock. "Well then, glad I'm not the one who's fighting that guy. He'd probably kill me and then eat me for breakfast the following day." His attention averted to Diana when she asked if one of the guys looked familiar. Of course he was late realizing what she said but he simply shrugged and continued walking. "Probably saw him this morning or something." He then grabbed Bradley as well as Diana and pulled them to a seat near the front. "Hey look here seats perfectly ready for us." He grinned widely and sat down on the furthest seat and watched listening to the crowd shout for Shotaro only to look at Diana who was shouting as well. "Shotaro is the senior you know that right?" He said with a laugh then looked back out to the crowd. "Beat his ass already! The quicker the better!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacob entered the arena with the rest of the students, he could hear one already making a comment about his tail and his para-human figure. He looked back and shrugged it off laughing only to lean down to the kid with a large smile. "Heyyy yea the tail is pretty funny isn't it? Figured it'd be nice to inform you that I am a teacher after all. " His smile turned to a grin showing his teeth before turning away and walking off. He wanted to tell the kid off but knew it'd be wrong to yell at a child about some stupid comment. Besides there was a fight coming on that would be lots more interesting.

Upon entering the arena he listened closely when his Co-worker announced the fight being the judge for the fight. Jacob grinned and snuck up behind him while taking his tail and poking the opposite shoulder of Weiss while he stood on the other side, he poked his shoulder a few times then stopped for a moment before doing it once more as if someone were trying to get his attention. The monkey looked to Weiss and grinned widely. "So this will be an interesting fight won't it! This is the first time in years since I've seen a Freshman challenge a Senior on day one." He laughed then backed away some knowing he would only get annoyed with Jacob's comments. Most of the faculty did rather quickly when it came to Jacob always monkeying about and such. But that was him, always wanting to have some form of fun even in the most dire and strict situations. "By the way Weiss. I'm joining you on watching this fight even if I'm not going to assist you in judging it. This seems interesting."

Jacob wandered over towards the front of the closest crowd and crouched down looking ahead towards the fight. When Weiss counted down he felt the excitement coursing through his blood. Adrenaline had begun flowing quickly and he wasn't even fighting. It would only be now when he would wait and pull a small box filled with protein bars. He tore one side open and picked out one of the bars placing the rest back in his bag. His eyes focused to the fight where he waited for the first move. He wanted to see how everything would play out up front and would probably step in if the freshman was nearly dead or had a few broken bones. Although that was only worse case scenario.

"The Senior is going to win. His ki...it's so powerful. Can't you feel it? It feels...dark." Bradley says. "This fight shouldn't happen, rules be damned. it's going to be a slaughter. I mean, I cannot stress that enough, it will probably be over in only a few seconds. Poor lad, he doesn't stand any sort of a chance. Poor, unfortunate, proud fool that he is." he shakes his head. "All I can hope is that the boy is not too badly mauled. That would be a horrible way to start the semester, to spend it in the nurse's."

"And my name is Bradley, Brad-lee. Gods above, man, really? Is everyone that bad with names, or just you?" he says to Zen. "I've said it multiple times, but still, you keep calling me the wrong name, why? I'd like to really know. Did you get hit on the head or something? You got a concussion or something? Or is that how they do it in your country? Call everyone made up names? Huh?"

A large crowd was gathering, the moment was close, you could feel the tension and excitement in the thin air. The arena was so crowded you could barely walk through the masses of adrenaline and yells. Jiro slowly stepped into the building, with hands in his pockets, he decided to not force his way in, instead, he proceeded to walk with patience and a relaxed mind so any kind of problems could be avoided. With all the adrenaline current, any kind of touch could unleash a doming beast that had sleeping for ages. Even the group of flamboyant boys that pursuited Jiro and Siel was there, somehow, they didn't saw Jiro so the waters could stay calm for a moment.

Struggling to get out of the crowd, Jiro managed to step close to the wall, he was able to see the arena from there, so there was no need to move. "Let's see…" Jiro thought in the endless possibilities for this fight's end; it could be a butchery, it could be an equal match, perhaps it could even be the freshman spanking the senior, the boundless human body could achieve anything if proposed, and according to Jiro, we still haven't seen all from any of the newcomers, himself included. Now, Jiro could no more than just observing the fighters and try to acquire as much information as possible, which he is going to need in the future, and he knows it. Speed, strength, fighting style, special abilities, even blood pressure and breathing rate could be needed, to know your enemy's stamina, how far he could reach, even the length of his extremities. Jiro's sharp vision was able to notice everything in his sight, Senior's kick to the sandbag, it was obviously a show of strength and skill, by this movement Jiro had already managed to set a but of his personality and specialization.

That kind of movement is used in taekwondo, as he is a senior, this means that he has a lot of experience, perhaps he had already reached his second dan. Taekwondo is a full contact style, based on kicks it excels with combos of ranged attacks. If the senior was trying to show his strength, that already said enough about his personality. Jiro had analyzed that this man was certainly a narcissist, with a superiority complex, thus he might gain a lot of confidence during the fight, enough confidence to leave an opening.

The following is a collab-post between Beta and Greased Smitening

Even as he walked into the arena, Junkiro could feel the oppressive air from the stands crushing down upon him. Nearly everyone there seemed to be rooting for Mr. McRude, with maybe a cry here and there positively directed his way. Not exactly promising. Figures he had to pick a fight with the popular boy, didn't it? With a shrug, Junkiro witnessed the show Shotaro was giving off as well; he wasn't sure which sensation was more oppressing, the crushing aura Shotaro was exuding from every pore, or the screams the enamored crowd was raining down upon them. Either way, he was an ant in the giant's garden. How was he going to put up with this?

Easy....calm yourself, you've shown your honor just by arriving. No need to win, just hold your own. Junkiro shut his eyes as he meditated for a brief moment on this thought before responding to his friend. "Do not worry about myself, Vincento. Honor will prevail, and if his exists at all, he will not want to to cripple my body. And if he does...that is what the judges are here to stop, yes? Besides...perhaps there are a few tricks you all must get accustomed to...for I have a talent up my sleeve." Junkiro gave his friends a smirk-they had seemingly forgotten that many students had their own little quirks.

Once again, now that he had ignored Shotaro for a minute, he addressed the rude senior accordingly. "Of course, sir. I would be happy to be your assistant on showing the proper kicking of the butt. But did you want it to be your left cheek or right? I'm still new at the prospect, after all." He heard several gasps from the crowd; he was being cocky, and he knew it. Then again...in every movie he had ever seen, trash-talking was quite the norm.

The large man who introduced himself as their judge, Mister LeBlanc, offered Junkiro the opportunity to go change before the scrap-a welcome chance, as he realized he was still in his street wear. "I will be right back, professor, see you in a brief moment!" Junkiro, not wasting any time, sprinted to the locker room. This served a dual purpose; not only did he need out of his clothes, he also needed a moment to quell his nerves. He was walking into a beatdown with all the fake swagger of a corrupted official. And yet he was not backing down. Nay, he couldn't. He would go through this battle despite the injuries. And he would benefit for it in one way or another. This he continued to tell himself as he stripped down in preparation for the battle.

His preparations complete a minute later, Junkiro strode out of the locker room with regained composure; the crowd, however, froze in silence for a brief moment before the arena was filled with with indistinct murmurs and chatter. Junkiro's fighting uniform, as opposed to the typical gi, consisted of merely a skintight black Speedo. Junkiro, however, stood unperturbed, feeling even the eyes of his friends, and the judge, on him. "Get to safety, fellows, I doubt he will discriminate who he targets," Junkiro issued to his friends before giving Mr. LeBlanc a warm smile. "All set, let's get this battle on, shall we?" Junkiro then got himself into a defensive stance, giving his foe the same warm smile. "And the best of luck to you, fellow competitor!"

Ok....3...2...1..

So this kid not only came to the fight, but tried talking shit? That was it for Shotaro. He had planned on just kicking the kid around and then saying he was bored with it. Possibly even conceding the match out of sheer disinterest. Wouldn't be the first time he had done so. But this kid's attitude had just sealed his fate. "Oh man... you're done now, kid. I was gonna be nice about this, but you just FUCKED yourself!" The lesser-ranked students who were present would almost immediately get a strong sense of unpleasantness and possibly fear, as Shotaro's entire being was now focused on the destruction of his opponent.

In the minute that the Japanese student was getting changed, Shotaro walked over to Axel and Vincento and had a word with the duo. "You two might want to go let the infirmary know that your friend will be needing someone here soon. If they don't get here fast enough, I can't promise he'll live." Chills ran down Vincento's spine at the notion that someone might die in front of him. He knew people could get badly hurt here. Accidents happend, after all. ... but death? The thought was mortifying.

A few seconds after the senior had returned to his side of the arena, Junkiro returned... in a speedo, no less. Shotaro rolled his eyes at first, but was a little... not wary, but intrigued. Usually only the Greco-Roman wrestlers stripped down to their skivvies before a match, and Elias' info had told him this Junkiro kid was a practitioner of Kyokushin Karate. Odd that he didn't dress in the traditional white Gi. Something was definitely not right about the whole situation, that was for sure.

"Oh your little pals have nothing to worry about, small balls. Its YOURE blood I'm after, not theirs." ... in a few seconds, the fight would be on and Shotaro would be firmly planting his foot somewhere between Junkiro's femur and eye sockets. The Japanese boy wished him luck, to which the senior responded "Don't send ME your luck. You'll need every bit of it you can muster."

3... 2... 1...

Weiss' hand dropped and the whistle sounded. The fight was on.

Gritting his teeth and rushing forward, Shotaro was intent to deliver swift punishment to this cocky new kid. In his face in just over a second, the first thing that Junkiro would have to deal with was a left knee feint followed by a turning right kick aimed for his sternum. Right out the gate, Shotaro was already looking to inflict high damage. Several bystanders knew this kick all too well, as they had been on the wrong end of it at some point. If it hit dead on, it'd be trouble.

There it was, just as Junkiro expected; Shotaro the bully, charging in like a starved dog at a steak. Junkiro, though, had somewhat underestimated his foe's speed, surprised that he was in range in barely a second. But he held firm, knowing he had to stand in and take it if he was going to do anything back. The first thing he saw was a left knee; and that was all he needed to jump on it. Expecting to take some form of a hit, Junkiro shifted to his left leg, putting his strength into a high kick aimed for Shotaro's chest, hoping to catch the burly senior off guard by defending offensively.

Then things went south. The knee never came; instead, Junkiro found himself kicking at a Shotaro delivering a powerful right kick in turn. Both kicks landed, though neither where initially intended; Jun found his foot in Shotaro's side, while he let out a loud grunt of pain as his right shoulder was forced to endure the brunt of a powerful kick. And yet, the crowd murmured in confusion. Why hadn't the freshman been sent into the wall, unconscious? No, the two fighters seemed locked in their positions. What was going on here?

Junkiro spared Shotaro the explanation: He had used his ability to stick to things by planting his foot in the ground, keeping him from moving around. In addition, his other sole was now firmly stuck in Shotaro's side. And thus, his plan came into effect. Snapping his leg down, he forced his foe to, at the very least, lean forward and bring his head within range of his next move: a straight lefthanded punch aimed to cause as much damage as it possibly could. Did Jun have a plan if it didn't knock him out? No. But he didn't exactly expect to win, either...just prove he could not be stepped on.

Well, this Junkiro kid had at least SOME skill to back up his cocky attitude. He'd managed to evade the worst of the kick. To make things more surprising, he had even delivered an attack of his own. It wasn't the most forceful of front-kicks, but it was enough to defer a bit of the impact and elicit a strained grunt from the senior student. But Shotaro had little time to consider how to break the kid's leg... as somehow that leg then pulled his upper body downward with it.

So THAT must have been why he didn't wear a Gi. Some sort of static electric or adhesive ability. Certainly a pain in the ass... Elias dropped the ball on this one. Still, he would not be done in. Slamming his feet into the ground as hard as he could, Shotaro managed to remain upright for the most part. The fist that was hurtling toward his face? Simple enough to deal with. A simple arm-block stopped the strike before it hit home. That was it. He was done pissing around now.

Grabbing the hand that had just tried to further injure him, Shotaro torqued it firmly and lifted upward to accentuate and increase the pressure applied to Junkiro's wrist. However, that was only a quick diversion. A snap side-kick would immediately follow the wrist-hold, aimed right for the freshman's guts. He'd really only have two options here. Take the kick and deal with that pain, or try to evade it somehow and likely cause significant damage to his wrist.

Crap. No other way to put it but just plain old steaming dog-shit crap. Junkiro's plan was solid, but he overestimated his own abilities just a smidgen too much. While the punch came in fast, it wasn't fast enough, and did little more than strike a strategically-placed arm. And from there, all hell broke loose. His wrist in a stranglehold, he let out another gasp of pain. While his years in Kyokushin karate had toughened his body enough to handle moderate pain, joints still hurt a whole hell of a lot.

It didn't take long to figure out what was next, a point poignantly showcased by his ribs suddenly screaming as a foot blasted into them full-force. Junkiro felt the wind fly out of his lungs and his vision of Shotaro shrinking as his wrist was released and he was sent soaring away several meters, landing in a heap on the ground. The crowd went wild, and several even started to head for the exits, as surely this cocky freshman knew better than to get up after that. Junkiro's head swirled with that possibility even amongst the pain that nearly caused him to lose that lunch he had eaten an hour or so ago.

No. Even in this crippling situation, he still had to prove he wasn't about to just quit so easily. But where was there a point of attack? He was a peashooter with a single trick up against a sniper rifle. And yet....

A hoarse, yet still audible laugh escaped Jun's lips as he shakily rose to his feet and gave Shotaro a winning smile. "Thank you for the lesson! I think I could fit one more in somewhere, though. So that I can one day be as good as you are!" He meant it; Shotaro was better than he was, and it wasn't like he ever thought otherwise. But who knew? Goading had worked once this fight. He took his stance one more, exuding the confidence he knew he lacked as the crowd stared at the idiot boy who had just politely asked for his ribs to be broken.

Holding his pose for a moment after delivering the bone-crushing kick, Shotaro listened to the kid prattle on and on about lessons and whatnot. Apparently he hadn't been broken enough yet. That would soon change. He wanted to go through this without using his ability... to show this kid just how low he was. But really, using his ability would hammer that home even further. And so, the fight would soon end. Ramping up his adrenaline to double the level of a normal person, Shotaro rushed toward Junkiro with a burst of speed that scattered a bunch of dirt and mulch from where he had been standing.

First, a kick would be sent screaming toward Junkiro's ribs for the second time. Weiss immediately stood and moved to intercept, but he wouldn't make it quite in time to stop the first blow. That would be on the Japanese boy to defend himself from. Regardless of if he defended or not, Shotaro's next course of action would be to pivot on his other foot at an incredible pace, bring the other foot down, and send another turning kick at the freshman challenger.

This one... was headed right for his face. Until...

Even as he held his stance, Jun knew he had maybe one more shot in him before he was spent. And from the intense burst of power he just felt, Shotaro just activated...whatever his power was. This could not end well. As the senior screamed in at a speed beyond even the initial encounter, the freshman did the only thing he could: hold his arms out in a block.

To his surprise, it worked. The kick, aimed for his already stinging ribs, slammed into a crossed arm block instead. With multiple contact points, the force was spread out just enough for Junkiro to avoid breaking both arms. Just. Didn't stop it from eliciting a scream, however. Nonetheless, a single thought flitted across his mind amongst the pain. Another one's coming. With no other options to avoid a kick that could come faster than his eye could follow almost, Junkiro did the only thing he could and stuck to Shotaro's foot. The force of it snapping down for another pivot dragged him to the ground, his head hitting the ground heavily. On the positive end, it also threw Shotaro off balance, stopping the older student from delivering the final blow even without Weiss' intervention.

Junkiro looked up, expecting Shotaro to already be stepping on his head, but instead found the judge, Mr. LeBlanc, standing over the two in a panic; not a good sign at all. Jun checked himself briefly; nothing was broken, and while he was in a significant amount of pain, he would probably get over it with a couple days' rest and a checkup from the school nurse. He forced himself to sit up despite his aching bones, and gave the judge a smile. "Do not worry about myself, I am fine. However, I feel I, and perhaps yourself, have had enough. I'll exit here."

Now he turned to Shotaro and bowed low to him despite the protesting of his midsection, a sincere smile on his face. "And to you? Great fight, Shotaro. You win." His business complete, Junkiro turned away and glanced up once to the crowd, which was raining a slew of boos and slurs upon him, and gingerly made his way to the locker room. Immediately upon closing the door, Junkiro turned to the wastebasket and heaved his guts and steak all over it. Maintaining his composure after that final kick had not been easy, but in the solitude of the locker room, he was free to lie on the locker bench, too tired and in pain to move much at all. It had been an obvious losing effort...but nobody would say he didn't try.

That went a little differently than Shotaro expected, but he HAD determined the upstart freshman's power. In short, the kid could stick to things. That was an ability straight out of a comic book, thought New Peaks' top dog. Still, the kid could at least take a beating. Add that to the information Shotaro had gotten on him from Elias, and a plan was coming together. Yes, things would fall into place rather nicely. All that remained was to wait for the kid to heal up. A cracked rib and severe bruising would be an easy fix for the New Peaks Medical Staff, and Shotaro figured the kid would be out for three days at most.

Vincento had rushed off to get a doctor as soon as the fight was over, as Junkiro had taken shots that could drop a horse. As such, he wasn't really there to interact with anyone. Weiss glared in frustration at Shotaro, who stared right back in a way that said "Do it. I dare you." ... and the excitement of the first big fight of the year came to a close.

Elias and Siu headed over to Imperius Hall with Shotaro, with Elias leaving shortly after he arrived. Shotaro went to his dorm after his friend departed, and Siu began to practice on the various training dummies and punching bags in the hall's main floor gym. Everything was back to normal after the fight, it seemed.

Just another day at...

New Peaks Academy - Fight School!

Last edited:
The following post is a co-op post between Ches and Kiro
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diana looked at Brad and quirked an eyebrow. "Well it isn't that he doesn't know it, I guess he just likes the name Ashley better... Though it is kind of rude to continue to call him something he doesn't like, Zen..." It was then she noticed that Junkiro had left to change his attire. "This might take a bit." Her ears flicked as she tried to listen in on some conversations going on in a hushed mannor. Things she heard were stuff like, "Is he stupid or something?" And "Seriously, that kid is going to die today." Diana frowned and looked at Shotaro. "He must really be that strong if the other kids are saying things like that... But how strong exactly is the question. If he is strong enough to take out a punching bag with only one swift kick, I would say he is strong enough to possible land someone in the emergency room. Let's just hope that isn't the case this time..." She, still holding her notepad and pencil, started gritting her teeth. What has this kid gotten himself into... That thought was the only thing that echoed in her head, along with other thoughts of fear for the freshman. "I just hope that whatever that kid has up his sleeve... I really hope it's enough. If it isn't, there is a chance that he could get badly injured." It was then she noticed him coming out in... "Oh dear god..." She took a hold of her tail as she snickered under her breath.

"Is he... Is he joking?" She looked at the two boys to see what they thought on the situation, seeming to space out afterwards.

Zen only blinked when Bradley responded with anger. "Woah dude chill out we're only having fun right?" He said with a large grin patting him on the shoulder. "I know your name but Ashley fits you so well don't it? I know your name perfectly well, I heard it the first five times. I hear it now. Why do I keep calling you Ashley? Now that question is easy. It's funny I think just watching you get angry is funny as well. Chill out dude, names won't hurt you much anyways if they do then you're in the wrong school." Zen shrugged the rest of it off and looked back to the fight that was just about to happen. He would rather not get into an arguement and soil the fight. It would only ruin the fun. "And as for your question before that. Yea, pretty sure the entire room could feel the waves of energy coming from that kid. Not to mention after seeing his kick some can feel it more then others." He shivered at the thoguht of being kicked by the senior. His stomach churned with the thought of it yet Zen stayed to see this fight until the end.

Zen watched as Junkiro entered the arena and glanced around for something as a small rock or something of the sort just to throw at him as he saw in the movies. It would be comical to him not to mention nobody could tell who it was. Yet to no avail he saw nothing and frowned. "Meh wanted to throw something but oh well." He spoke to himself quietly, then glance gently then glanced to Diana when she spoke. "Saying things like what?" Zen of course couldn't hear exactly what Diana heard but he did hear a few comments. "The fact he's going to get his ass kicked or? If thats what you mean then yea, any strength he has after this will be holding whats left of the body together." He pondered her next question a moment before answering and shrugged. "Well, how strong do you think? Junkiro might be able to stand a single hit but after that pretty sure it's going to go down hill from there. What the hell did this kid think? Fighitng a senior would make life at school easier? He'll end up being the laughing stock of the school." Just before Junkiro went inside the locker room Zen caught the words he just said to the senior. Had he really just threatened to kick the guys ass? He would be destroyed now and Zen was sure of it. He scanned the door to the locker room a few moments after Junkiro entered frowning. "Come on the hell is taking so long? Don't tell me the kid gave up already and is just hidi-" His sentence froze when Junkiro walked out wearing......The hell was that? A smile crossed his lips as he tried not to laugh but to no avail he bursted into laughter. "The hell.....What the hell is he wearing? Looks like a damn spedo." He leaned back in his seat laughing hysterically at Junkiro. "Where the fuck is the camera when you need one? What's he planning to do? Laugh the guy to death?"

Diana looked back to Junkiro, putting a hand over her mouth while she was trying so hard not laugh at all while her other hand was covering her ear. The sounds of other children were loud, a bit too loud for Diana to enjoy at the moment. "I'm sorry- This... This is ridiculous..." She shook her head and stoppped the urge to laugh, focusing. It's not nice to... Her thought was interupted by Zen laughing as hard as he was, which made her frown. "Zen, please. I'm sure it's just... Maybe he has a trick. Why would anyone dress like that to a fight unless they were stupid or had something in mind. Besides, it could get him the win if Shotaro is distracted with his attire..."

She cleared her throat and put her pencil up to the notepad again. "By the way, I wouldn't wanna make the kid who gave you free food angry. He obviously doesn't like being called Ashley, so why not just call him by his actual name." She realized that her tail was still in her hand and she released it, letting it wave around freely.

Zen shrugged hearing Diana's words. "Who cares right now, a trick or not he still looks hilarious. " He seemed to be having the time of his life laughing at the guy on stage but quickly receeded when Weiss held up his hand and motioned for the match to start. "Shhh shh shh, he'll be fine. It's starting...." He spoke in response to Diana about Bradley. "Here we go." He said with his body on the edge of his seat. As soon as the battle started Zen would deem it to be over almost instantly. Yet he was shocked to see the Freshman had just started the fight right away and rushed towards the senior. "Well he's looking for an ass kicking right off the back now isn't he? Why would you rush someone who you know can evade your attack AND counter it before you know what the hell happened?" Zen was clearly confused on this freshmans intentions. He was obviously an idiot if he thought that was the best course of action. But Zen paid close attention. Maybe he had something up his sleeve with an idiotic movement such as that.

Zen watched the punch head towards the guy and could only see Shotaro was bringing up his left leg for a kick probably straight to the face or chest area. Shotaro's kick landed and the kid was still standing there with a connected kick to the senior's side. "What? Shouldn't that kid be over here in the stands with us now?" Zen asked questioning the motive. Now Shotaro's body moved downward with Junkiro's leg. He was confused to all hell now. Yet he would hopefully catch up soon enough, although Junkiro was now planning to deliver a left straight punch straight to Shotaro. If this hit the senior then clearly Zen would admit to being impressed. It was a good move if it worked, if not then he severly fucked his strategy up. "He's moving the senior by shifting his body, did he just connect to Shotaro somehow? Or is this some mind game trick?" Zen asked Diana while focusing on the fight hoping to figure out what was going on.

Diana could only hope that the freshman knew what to do in the event of a kick like that, but she winced when she saw it connect, only to see that he was still standing. "Here in the stands? But I doubt his kick could send him flying that far. I don't know about you, but if he's still standing after that, then he's got a winning shot in this whole fight." She began to write things down on her notepad, watching carefully at what was going on. "I wonder... What if he is only wearing what he's wearing because of something he can do? Plenty of people have an ability they can pull off, maybe this is his." She seemed to be focused even more on the fight, her tail not even moving.

Just before the fist made impact it was blocked by an arm then grabbed. Zen's reaction seemed to only make him almost fall over and onto the student infront of him. He regained his balance nearly falling out of his seat and looked about hoping nobody noticed. Shotaro had him now, in only a few moments Junkiro would be ruined and probably in the infirmary for the next month. To Zen's expectations, here came the kick. He only wished this kick would knock Junkiro around like a ragdoll. The kick would surely be powerful enough and probably break a few bones. "Here comes the kick...." He murmmered to himself biting his lip in excitement. His own adreneline was pumping he watched the freshman fly off a couple meters away and with a fist pump to the air Zen roared with the crowd in excitement. "Yea that'll show him! Kick him while he's down!"

"No don-" As soon as she realized that he was throwing a punch, she knew what Shotaro would more than likely do, and that he did. Before she could even finish her thought, he grabbed the boy's fist. She heard scrambling in the seats next to where she was sitting and looked over only to see Zen almost faceplant ontop of another student. She looked back at the fight, giggling a little. "Oh no, that kick!" Just one quick kick earlier had destroyed a training bag, what would it do to the boy she wondered, but at the same time she didn't wanna find out what would happen to him if it did connect. She grabbed her tail once again, covering her mouth with her notes. As the freshman flew off, she looked to Zen who was roaring along with the crowd and this only made her shoot a quick glare his way. After the loud ringing of shouting had stopped and she recovered from the loud noise, she stood up for a moment and yelled, "You can do it!" Even if the situation seemed dark for him, she decided that he could still pull through.

A few people had deemed that fight over to start and were heading for the exits but with the majority, Zen stayed to see it until the end. Maybe the kid would puke blood or something. To his surprise, the boy was stupid enough to get back up. "Stupid kid, get back on the ground before he kills you." Zen blinked as he eyed the freshman. He was smiling? Was he really getting his ass kicked this bad and smiling about it? Not only that but the kid was stupid enough to ask for more of an ass kicking. "Wow, I think Shotaro just knocked a few bolts loose in that kids head. He just asked to get his ass kicked even harder. Idiot...."

When she saw that the freshman had gotten up, a twinkle of joy glimmered in her eyes, then she looked at Zen for his comment. "You know, just because Shotaro has been here at school longer, doesn't automatically make him the best fighter here. Sure he has a strong kick, but the other kid could be holding back." She looked back to the battle and noticed the expression on his face. "Smiling? Is he planning something?" She glanced back at Zen, narrowing her eyes. "You sure like calling the kid an idiot. I'd hardly say that. He's just brave. Perhaps too brave for his own good..."

Zen watched the next move closely seeing Shotaro speed up moving even quicker. "Woah, so he's been holding back during this fight hasn't he? That guy is quick...Theres even dust from where he stood kicking up." Zen watched closer now seeing that this guy was now shooting towards Junkiro at an amazing speed delivering another kick to his ribs and another to his face until Junkiro dropped with the leg that delivered the strike to the boys arms. He was able to block that without breaking his forearms which was pretty impressive. Yet the only issue now was Junkiro was now faceplanted straight to the ground, Zen cringed at the sight "He must have some weird ability to move down like that, or he's good at making it look like he's stuck to the guy. On another note, that kid is going to feel his face in the morning." It was then the teacher stepped in and stopped the fight. "Awww I wanted to watch Shotaro step on his head until it popped." He frowned but agreed to the ending of the fight, anymore and Junkiro would likely be killed or put in a coma for a few days.

Zen watched quietly waiting for something else to happen but everything was over. He frowned at this and sighed. "Damn, here I was thinking that we could see someone die today. Oh well... Fights over lets get going." Zen said standing up with a smile and looked to the two 'friends' beside him. "Don't know about you guys, but that was an interesting fight. Kinda makes me want to fight as well but that was enough for today. Think I'm going to go back to my room and relax a bit." Zen would have loved to have a fight right after seeing one such as this but even he knew when enough was enough for one day. He was sure they would have scheduled the fight for the following day anyways. Besides even if he did want to fight he didn't know anyone he could fight other then Bradley and Zen was pushing that kid's buttons enough.

After every hit, she winced at even the thought of how much pain the kicks caused the freshman, Junkiro. "He is fast..." The blocking was quick as well, though he was now fallen. "Oooh... That's gonna hurt in the morning... I sure hope he's okay." It was then Zen made a comment that just made her even more annoyed. "You know, not everything is about people getting hurt for your entertainment! You're being such a jerk right now, and you've been being a jerk ever since we met Brad! I can't put up with it anymore. Stop." Anger was obvious in her tone and her facial expression, and she stood up after the fight was deemed over, with Shotaro as the winner of the battle. She sighed and looked over to Junkiro, hoping to get down there to see if he was okay. She took one last look at Zen before making her way over to the gym teacher, still looking slightly peeved. Once she stood near him, she put her notepad away, still grasping her own tail. "Would it be okay if I went to check on the other boy? It seemed like Shotaro did quite a number on him..." She knew that he walked out and into the locker room with a smile, but plenty of people could get hurt badly and fake it off, just like Diana had learned to do for her father.

Zen shifted away when Diana yelled at him. He knew he was being a dick and was having fun with it, yet he never expected someone so small and frail looking to shout as she did. The girl did seem to have a temper. After she finished freaking out at him he frowned giving a saddened look. "Was just trying to have fun. Even if the kid did get hurt it would severly suck but if you didn't watch a fight expecting to see the worse outcome then it's not as great. To me it isn't anyways. Sorry about that." He looked back to the group leaving and was going to follow yet stopped when Diana rushed over to the teacher to see if she could see Junkiro. The girl had a heart that was obvious but it was the kids own fault for taking a beating like that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacob watched the fight intensely finishing two of his protien bars and stood up when Weiss stepped to intervine. Clearly Weiss would be taking care of the victor but after a novice took on a pro surely the novice would be passed out. To Jacob's surprise he watched the boy walk off to the locker room. Jacob was surprised more that he could walk that far without falling out on the ground. Jacob moved over to Shotaro and nodded towards him. "Good job Shotaro, was a great fight, thank you for not killing the boy. Weiss I presume you have Shotaro and the kids here, I'm going inside the locker room to check on Junkiro. That boy has to be hating life right this minute." With that, Jacob moved off after Junkiro.

The half-breed peeked inside the locker room hearing the sounds of someone hurling up breakfast. He cringed and stuck his tongue out to the sound and quickly slipped in shutting the door behind him. He moved over behind the kid looking down at him patting his back softly hoping to help him out a bit. "Good job, you just took on one of the schools best fighters. Pretty sure you can feel it in your entire body. Although, taking a fight like that and still walking away is pretty impressive." Jacob reached inside his bag and grabbed a small hand towel and shifted over to the sinks damping it before passing it to Junkiro. "Here, it's cold, clean yourself up a little bit. You took quite the ass kicking. A doctor will be joining us shortly so he can check on you a bit better." Jacob was really impressed that the kid didn't pass out right there and could breathe after a kick to the ribs like that. Even if the rest of the school didn't see it, Jacob knew this kid had some potential to him.

Bradley watched the fight. It was brutal. He didn't laugh at Junkiro for his attire, because he was taught that wearig littled could proved useful in a grappling situation, less to grab. Though, the boy was lucky he was not him, or fighting him. It would make utilizging his power all to easy, all that bare skin to grab and touch. Not that he would enjoy it, however. "It is fine, I am just not used to that, and I was always taught to treat people how you would like to be treated, but if it's a joke, I guess it's okay.." He would then continue to focus on the fight.

Almost as soon as it started, it was over. "Knew it." Brad was intrigued at Shotaro's power, was he increasing his adrenaline? Did he know the amont of stress that puts on your body? Although, this was conjecture. Bradley didn't know anything about him, maybe his body adapted to handle it, but still, he was strong. A bully, but still interesting. He should at least be polite. "Excuse me, Zen, I will see you later." Bradley would bow before walking off. He would exit the arena, and begin following the boy, at a distance, of course. He would find that Shotaro went to a pretty impressive looking building named 'Imperius Hall'. "Sounds fancy." Bradley would say, before entering into the foyer.

Siel watched the fight happen with a mischievous awe. He couldn't believe that the freshman was not being absolutely crushed right off the bat and that the senior was foolish enough to charge ahead, most likely believing that the fight would happen without the freshman landing one hit. Things were sure to change as time passed in the fight but for now, the freshman had already made a good impression to Siel As the fight continued, Siel took notes of each action in order to come up with a summary of the two fighters; in the beginning, the freshman showed off the ability to at least hold his ground against a senior, perhaps notably one of the strongest seniors. In the middle of the fight, it began to tip into the senior's favor, but the freshman was still willing to fight. And at the end, it seemed that the freshman forfeited after accomplishing whatever goal he came here for. "It would be wise to go talk to the freshman after this... I want to beat Senior Stupid." Siel thought to himself in the midst of it all.

When the fight ended, Siel stood up and was somewhat satisfied for the first official fight he saw at the school. There would be more that he'll watch, of course, but it probably wouldn't be like this. A bonus to all this was that Siel had some information on two students already. Now all Siel had to do was evaluate what he found and give them a personal grade. "Senior Stupid..." the new nickname Siel had given to the senior, and was fond of, "He seems to be the aggressive type, focusing less on defense and more on offense. Or rather, he's worked his body to the point where he only relies on offense while at the same time can shrug off blows. I am going to assume he doesn't plan accordingly unless he has time. So... a Strength-Defense guy..." When Siel had started fighting, he came up with a small system in order for him to counter enemies he could plan against. It currently seemed that the type of fighter "Senior Stupid" was, Siel could not beat him at his current level. Finally finished digressing from the main point, Siel realized he didn't know enough on the freshman to make an evaluation of him. It was an odd feeling to Siel, but it certainly was not unreasonable. He would have to go talk to the freshman in hopes of having this odd feeling fade.

Before Siel moved out, he saw how there was a large group of students, who were also cheering for Shotaro/"Stupid Senior", were going off in their own direction. Amongst all of them, the person who had made a brief comment to Siel and Jiro was there. "I recall that there were factions mentioned in the introduction pamphlet... I'm suppose that is the one Stupid Senior is a part of. And that guy... he's a part of them. I guess I can find more on Stupid Senior through him." Now, with all info he could gather collected, Siel had to choose on whether to follow the large group, talk to the freshman, or take a walk around the school. "Two options can benefit me in the long run. One of those two have a high chance of not happening but I can learn more on factions... The third benefits me with the chance of meeting more people and getting to know the place. The latter I can do at any point in time. I guess..." Siel picked up a dropped map and walked off to where he decided to go.

Wish left the school's dorm building with her head held high, green eyes scanning the quiet campus before her, her new translator just behind her, always at the ready. She glanced back at him with a soft chuckle of amusement. She wasn't used to having such a person follow her around. It was very odd, and creepy; the only reason she allowed it was she would be completely lost without someone to translate not only words, but gestures as well. It was obvious that no one was outside, so why not look over the school, "Fangen wir mal umschauen, was?" (Let's starting looking around, huh?) The girl said with a smirk, seeing him not and quickly follow as she strode towards the actual school building. It was huge, extremely impressive to her. It made Wish glad that she had chosen to come, however, she slightly rejected not taking the tour offered but she didn't feel like listening to two languages are once, one of which she could just barely understand. She quickly put her extremely long hair into a braid just before she walked in, welcoming the hot/cool air (depending on the season) of the place.

With a curt nod to the people in the office she started wandering through the halls, her eyes taking in every detail they could. Her combat boots made quiet thumping sounds on the tile, and for a bit she wished she had high heels because they would make that clacking sound, letting everyone know you were here. On the other hand, heels weren't very productive and she was more likely to slip. While Wish was enjoying the quietness of the school's hallways, she wanted to know where everyone had went. If she got lost, she would be stuck with her translator, who, if she was being honest, didn't seem that helpful when it came done to navigation. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw him open his mouth to say something and she quickly held up her hand to silence him, "Nien!" Her voice echoed in the empty hall and the German girl turned her head to glare at him, green eyes locking with his, giving him a daring look, "Wir gehen nicht verloren. Wir brauchen keine Hilfe, ich bin gerade auf der Suche Sie dumm." (We are not lost. We don't need help, I'm just looking you stupid.). She snapped at him, slightly regretting being so harsh, but he probably would've said something if she hadn't given him such a tone.

As Wish walked further down, the sound of cheering and screaming caught her ear. Ah, so that's where everyone was. Watching a fight in the one place she wanted to find. To her, the arena was one of the most important places to find. If an area or school had them, of course. The girl arrived by the doors, peaking curiously through the windows just as a boy quickly, and hurriedly, made his way to the locker rooms. She knew that look in his eyes, and he'd mostly definitely lost. That and he looked awful. She snorted softly as she held in a chuckle, wrinkling her nose in amusement as well. Hopefully no one filtered out all at the same time. She wasn't in the mood to be bumped into, and most these people could be pumped up from the fight they just saw.

Last edited:

Though she was more preoccupied with memorizing the future coursework at New Peaks and organizing her dorm room with greater precision than a moon landing, the acquaintances Edith had met in the short time she'd been there had insisted she attend a fight at the arena. Knowing well that combat was a little under half the total grading she could receive towards graduation, she eventually gave in to the curiosity; ensuring her various tools and furniture were placed within millimeters of their perfect position would have to wait.

As she entered the Arena, Edith paused, amazed at the attendance. She had only heard snippets of what was going on and why, but as far as she was concerned, it was still quite the turnout. Edith found an empty seat rather far from anyone else already there, careful not to be intrusive with anyone's leg space. Pressing her uniform up as she sat, she patted her lap down as if to rid it of dust and clasped her hands together.

As much as she was itching to do something more important, Edith remained as tame as humanly possible; if anything, she could glean some information on the etiquette of challenges at New Peaks, along with the styles of at least two individuals. As names were shouted, she took note of the senior. It wasn't hard to come across his name at New Peaks as she came to realize. If anything, he was important, as far as she could tell... and quite popular. The freshman wasn't so lucky with his verbal treatment.

She watched intently as the fight finally broke out, her eyes following every single motion with incredible precision and speed. She was trained to intercept, after all, and so managing to track every strike, every twitch, every muscular tensing... required little of her effort, even from afar. As the it subsided, with the senior, expectedly, arising as the victor, Edith's eyes narrowed at the fellow freshman, Junkiro. She'd seen that face before, that stance, the slow but nevertheless hurried return to safety. He was hurting. She was trained well to notice that much. An instinct kicked in, and she hurried to the locker room.

As the boy vacated his stomach and sat down to rest, it seemed he remained unaware of her presence, standing next to the bench with a towel hanging in her entwined arms. She eventually spoke up.

"I see you are in pain," she smiled, "I can retrieve some ice if it is too much for you to continue moving." She held out the towel she had retrieved from deeper within the locker room, but, noticing that the teacher already present had given him one, retracted her arms. "Per'aps some ginger too, if your stomach is still upset, yes?"

Jacob looked to the student who entered not to long behind him only to glare at her. Had this student really just entered the male's locker room? Was she unaware of where they were or did she just come in to check on the student regardless of what would happen to her. "Excuse me, but you do understand where you are am I correct? This is the locker room for the men of the academy. A woman should never come in here unless they are of faculty or given permission to be here. I understand you worry about this boy but I'd kindly like you to step out until I can get this child at least walking around . When he leaves then you can speak with him."

Jacob hoped the student would listen to him before looking back to junkiro examinining him over a few times. "I promise you he will be fine just give the paramedics get to him then in three or four days tops he wont feel a thing."

Edith looked mildly surprised, and bowed. Though she'd already gotten into a handful of trouble already by trying to take other employee's jobs, she knew that an instructor's word was law. She apologized to the two of them, though not for the right reasons.

"I see. If ee' does not need my help, I will leave," Edith bowed once more and returned to the back entrance of the locker room, leaving the towel where she had originally retrieved it. With the fight over, she was free to work elsewhere. Still, she pouted; why did everyone have to be so adamant against her helpfulness?

Both fighters fought bravely, the crowd was drowning itself into the excitement as Junkiro and Shotaro crossed kicks. But as they saw how the freshman had managed to hold himself against Peaks Academy's finest dog. It all went quiet by sudden, they were totally shocked, some even dropped jaws. Even with all the noise, then silence, Jiro had kept himself in calm, observing and analyzing each fighter's skills, abilities, reaction times, strategies, chats after/before the fight, reactions to each counter/attack.

The fight finished in a matter of minutes, the freshman seemed to be fine, but the Senior's pride was damaged, Jiro felt it in the air. By observation and thinking, Jiro had came to a conclusion, a total analysis of each's traits. "Shotaro… first of all, besides a hot-head attitude, the subject has superior strength, and his speed doesn't stay behind. First attack was a combo of kick-and-knee, one of Taekwondo's signature moves, he also kept himself at the offensive, always attacking. The average human mental chronometry is of 0.15~0.30 seconds, his seems superior, perhaps some 0.051. And he seems to have the ability of temporarily boosting his physical traits.

Effective counter should be, baiting high attacks, he'll try to block it with his feet. A well positioned block of 50 cubic centimeters should be enough to stop it. That gives me 1.2 seconds or less to go low and kick his supporting leg, if he falls,and he'll, a three cubic meters block right upon his body should be enough to ensure victory. Although, I should keep distance from his blows, a single kick could send me right to the hospital, guess blocks and leaps are my only defense"
Jiro was walking toward outside the arena, some mere minutes were enough for him to come up with a counter for each fighter. Sitting on a bench in the campus, it was time to review the freshman.

"Junkiro, the freshman that moved some worlds. He seems friendly and respectful, but this didn't interfere during the fight, which means that he puts his feelings where they belong when needed. Neither as fast nor strong as his opponent, Shotaro. He didn't have any opportunity to turn into the offensive since Shotaro was in the way, further observation needed for a clear view of his tactics. Uses both fists and kicks effectively, giving him more flexibility during the fight, which means that lower and upper body are equally protected. Mental chronometry must be, perhaps even faster than Shotaro's, somewhere between 0.034 and 0.067 seconds. His special ability is to become sticky, attaching anything that touches him to his body. This'll certainly be a problem.

A counter… Based on the obtained data, the best course of action goes as: Play passive, perhaps try to acquire his back, if this isn't possible, get close with a block positioned at his head's height, a quick punch to the center of his chest. He'll block it with both arms before activating his ability. Once we're both attached to the other, his stomach will be vulnerable, a blow in that area before jumping back, once that happens, a block of his size should be placed right at his back, then, a run to his position, he'll be at bay, an aerial jump should be enough of a bait, he'll move aside to avoid it, but I'd just use the block at his back as a support to lead my other leg toward his direction"
This wouldn't be enough to beat him, but it was a start and Jiro was complaced with it. He stood up, and walked to the boys dorms. Entering to his room, he laid on the bed, thinking, first day is almost done, what a show of a day.

Ah, the first day of high school, the first day when one becomes independent of their parents, the summer of youth, the place where love blooms then withers, a time for people to grow... And be utterly terrified of every single thing that they found, to feel utterly cornered by the sheer amount of people, to have a burning desire to just disappear into nothingness. If only life could be that easy for Gerald. Naturally, with the stress of his environment along with the passive nature of his chosen martial art, his evaluation score sat at a terrible D3 that was just enough to clear him of the school's most unskilled students, but he knew that he would not be able to win a fight even against them. But he was expected to. He had to, because this was New Peaks Academy.

Dear heavens, what were his parents thinking when they enrolled him here?

They told him that it would help him regain his spirit, but so far all it managed to do is make Gerald feel even more insecure about himself. His rank was simply pathetic and he had to somehow get at least ten points from fighting if he did not want to spend his time in summer school to make up for his lack of combat prowess. How was he going to do that? He did not know. He did not know anything. He could barely read the map that he was given to quickly find the library and hide there for the rest of the day, buried amongst the books that he had started to hold so dear recently.

But as soon as he arrived, a strange slip of paper caught his interest. At first, it looked like some sort of nonsense that had been left on the table at random, but upon a closer look, he could see some sort of structure to it. Given that there was no one inside the library save on the very first day save for the obviously bored librarian, Gerald swallowed his nerves and grabbed the paper to try and figure out the mysteries it held. If he had taken someone else's precious thing, he would apologise profusely, then probably get beaten into the ground during an official match on the courtyard, but the mystery intrigued him too much. It was clawing at his senses, telling him that he needed to solve it.

And so solve it he did. For several hours. The puzzle had been complicated, but in the end, a systematic elimination method seemed to crack the code wide open, but it only revealed further mysteries. Who were the Hijos De La Sabiduría? Why did they make their recruitment leaflets so hard to decode? Why did they want him to join? For that matter, why did they not seem to be advertising themselves openly? All these questions could only be answered by a member of this strange organisation...

Gasping for breath, Junkiro waited patiently for his breathing to calm down and the screaming pain in his body to subside. In the meantime, he thought about the fight. Shotaro certainly does not lie...he is the strongest person I have ever had the most inconvenience to cross...but I panicked...had I...had I kept my head, maybe....

It was then he heard a strange, and FEMININE, voice. Startled, Junkiro let out a yelp and tumbled off the bench in surprise, which only led to his aching muscles crying out even more, eliciting a pained groan from him again. She had been wearing a French maid's outfit....he had no clue why she would wear that, OR sneak into the boy's locker room. Either way, one of the teachers had come in, likely to check on him, and had shooed her away before he could say a word. It took a lot of his remaining strength, but Jun managed to haul himself back up onto the bench with a grunt and a sigh.

"Looks like somebody's still alive after all!" Weiss was the next to open the door, and he entered with another woman. However, this one had the appearance of being on staff, so Junkiro was not startled like with the weird French maid. "You sure know how to take a beating, Junkiro. But what, might I ask, made you think it'd be a good idea to fight Shotaro? I mean, I get it, it's first day, you need to prove yourself, but there are easier ways of doing that here at New Peaks."

"No," Junkiro said, shaking his head weakly. "That is not it. I merely had to defend my honor against a bully with the loud mouth. Um...who is this lady here?" His attention had been piqued by her, after all.

"This here's miss Layla Stritch. She's New Peaks' head nurse and the most skilled healer you'll ever find!" Weiss beamed at the young woman as she gave a light, airy laugh.

"Oh, Weiss, you're gonna make me blush!" Miss Stritch gave Junkiro a warm smile. "As Mister LeBlanc said, I'm the head nurse here. I'll have you mending in no time, so don't worry about a thing!" Her hands glowed with a soft blue energy as she made her way to Junkiro, and she calmly laid her hands on his bruised ribs, the major source of his discomfort. Jun felt nothing for a while, but soon he found the pain slowly easily, enough that he was able to sit up. At that point, she lifted her hands, the energy fading away. "There we go! That ought to help your healing speed up. Just try to stay away from fights for a couple days and you'll be good as new!" She gave Jun a winning smile, then quietly turned and exited the locker room.

Weiss spoke up again. "So, you've got the power to stick to things, huh? That's a pretty useful ability. But I can't feel that there might be a way to make it more effective...you ever watched pro wrestling, Junkiro?

"Yes, but only a few times. I was told it was all done faked, right?"

"Yeah, it is, but it can be adapted to do some serious damage. And with your sticky power, grabs and cinches would be, well, a cinch. You could do some serious hurt out of grabs. Tell you what. When you've recovered enough to train, stop by my office, and I'll help you learn some useful tricks you can fight with. How's that sound?"

Junkiro nodded, having pulled himself into a sitting position. "That sounds quite of greatness. I will gladly take you up on that offer, thank you sir! I believe I can handle myself alright now, so you may go if you like. I will see you in a few days."

Weiss gave him a clap on the back and smiled warmly. "Good to hear! I'll be waiting for you." With that, Weiss exited the locker room as well, leaving Junkiro to make it to his feet, making sure everything was ok. He knew his plan from here: Get to his dorm, get some rest, then hit up Mister LeBlanc for those lessons.

Status
Not open for further replies.