3. Advanced
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Superhero, urban fantasy, space opera, crime thriller, supernatural
Shippers rejoice! A thread for yous!

Love is so, uh, ubiquitous a theme in life that so rarely we get a work of fiction that doesn't touch upon it in some form. A common form: the couple.

What's your favorite, most memorable fictional romance? Or maybe a romance that you thought was meant to be but wasn't? Or what did you think was the worst?

latest

I'm an avid shipper of Yoruichi and Urahara from Bleach! I honestly believe they are a couple because of how they are so in sync with each other. I mean... who leaves their whole cushy life to live in hiding just like that?

Oh, another one! I love this couple so much XD Jack Rackham and Anne Bonny from Black Sails.

3o6Yg7iloAP6WbHajC.gif

Reactions: Shiri
*flails. I can't pick a single most memorable romance!! The first two things that come to mind are stuff most nobody I know knows of. *glum

Eve x Verloren from 07 Ghost
07_ghost__eve_x_verloren__2_by_rinity-d5r97v5.png

Wolfgang x Shin from Kingsmaker
maxresdefault.jpg

Valka x Stoick and Hiccstrid from HTTYD
tumblr_n7dss4KsIe1rvteuyo5_500.gif

tumblr_p5dw6uDK5B1vskn38o1_500.png

a99vGQp.jpg

5826-uroczy-sa-razem-lt3.gif
(darn you you got me spiraling into more images)

Kyoko x Ren from Skip Beat
latest

Percybeth from PJO
large.jpg

Parker x Hardison from Leverage
tumblr_mnl6m5DI0Q1qbcfc7o2_250.gif

OH MY FUDGE AND CHEESE YOU WATCH LEVERAGE? Love that show. Rewatch frequently.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
I ended up not having time, etc. to watch the show after season...8? so if it all goes to hell, oops! But in what I did watch, I thought that Booth and Bones from Bones ended up forming a dynamic that I could understand and appreciate their relationship rather than wondering why the writers keep trying to cough Angela convince me that it works.

Also Morticia and Gomez forever. The reasons should be obvious, no need to explain.

Reactions: PoetLore and Shiri
Morticia and Gomez is such a good one. :3

Jack Harkness/Every consenting life form. He's an adorable flirt and probably the only character I know of to have an intimate relationship with a planet. Exodus Code was an interesting book to say the least. lol

Kirk and Spock. Specifically from TOS, but I think a case could be made for the new movies as well. They bicker like a married couple and no one can convince me otherwise. And that Vulcan term T'hy'la, which means "friend/brother/lover" exists. Spock feels this way about Kirk in canon. Whatever they are, it's complex and I love it.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nemopedia
Okay, my most favorite is definitely Hook and Emma from Once Upon a Time. Another favorite of mine is Nancy and Jonathan from Stranger things <3

harry and luna, that is all. The ship that should have been >:[

srry pahndora but harry is shagging the ginger out of ginny right now and you CAN DO NOTHING @Pahndora

Lost, for its various flaws, had quite a few wonderful romances. Jin and Sun, Desmond and Penny probably stand the test of time as two of my favorites.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Pahn
Can I put my favourite non-canon ships in here too? xDDDD

Then it begins...

I hope you all know the game Warframe:
Ash and Nyx, ninjas in love.
Atlas and Hyrdoid making their own little worlds together.
Banshee and Mag with Octavia trying to steal Banshee until Banshee gets annoyed and silences all of Octavia's music.
Chroma...
Equinox with himself, as a fusion. His day half and night half love each other and are together forever as one.
Ember, Volt, and Frost be in a poly relationship together.
Excalibur is always trying to prove himself to Rhino-senpai but Rhino is too protective of him.
Gara has a small crush on Mesa but is too afraid to say anything to her, while Mesa has yet to realize that why she likes hanging out in Cetus with Gara is because she crushes on her too.
Harrow be getting real kinky with innoccent Nezha.
Inaros and Nekros constantly bicker about who gets to keep the dead like they are divorced parents annd have so much angry hate sex.
Ivara and Khora have a sisterhood and enjoy hunting together and are total BFFs!
Limbo just started dating Mirage and now Loki is all the jealous.
Nidus and Saryn.
Nova... Too cool for anyone else. Just enjoying life, having fun, comfortable being herself.
Oberon and Titania are each other's king and queen and rule together.
Trinity has been Valkyr's psychiatrist for a long time now, since Alad V. But Trinity has feelings for Valkyr and is terrified that she is being unprofessional. While Valk flat out loves Trin and won't see anyone else as her therapist but keeps her infatuation a secret.
Vauban is too obsessed with his work to notice anyone else.
Wukong is always messing around and no one takes him seriously. Too bad he has a thing for Titania because she won't give him the time of day.
Zephyr gets really lonely flying alone and she wishes she had someone to fly with. So she asked Vauban to make some Archwings for her next date, but then slightly started to fall for Vauban. Not that he would ever notice.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I"m an old school type I guess. Not sure I've ever shipped anyone since I'm not much on playing canon characters. However...

Darcy and Elizabeth - Pride and prejudice
Anne and Gil - Anne of Green Gables
Aragorn and Eowyn - yeah I know but pft, I like them better than what was written

IN the new Marvel movies....Aquaman and Wonder Woman
Arthur and Guinevere - (Clive Owen version...)

Old Movies

Helen North and Frank Beardsley - Yours Mine and Ours (I mean how do you get better than Lucy and Henry Fonda??
Elise and Richard - Somewhere in Time

Old TV

Have to agree with Morticia and Gomez
Hawkeye and Hotlips - no one will ever convince me they weren't secretly longing for each other
Miss Kitty and Matt Dillon - Gunsmoke

there's probably more...brain is not cooperating.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Aragorn and Arwen were written so much better in the books... The movies really failed those two

Hikari and Takeru from Digimon Adventure! These two belong together, everyone knows it! Why won't they make it official yet!?!?!?!?
tumblr_o413vmoIqB1tg5skeo2_540.gif

Jason Todd (Red Hood) x Roy Harper (Arsenal / Red Arrow) x Starfire
Fight me

shiz n nobody >:(

jk I meant timon and pumbaa

Reactions: Tempest