FFXI, anyone?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Nydanna, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That's right, I'm taking it back old school to Square Enix first attempt at an Final Fantasy MMO, Final Fantasy 11! Back in the day that was my game, but thanks to FFXIV it slowly died out...or at least partially died out. Because I've been seriously missing my little red mage, and partially because I can't get FFXIV for the PC until I get a new laptop, I decided to blow off the dust to my adorable hume, and reinstall it today.

So did anyone else play, and if so, when was the last time that you logged in? Is there anything you miss about the game and wish they'd implement into XIV? Anything that you were glad they didn't?

I will admit, I miss the classes from XI, especially red mage, and samurai. I also miss old school Dynamis and Limbus. It still pisses me off to no end that they messed up getting Sea access the way they did. When I got it, you didn't gain exp for the fights. I deleveled so many times it wasn't even funny. =/

What I don't miss is crafting! The crafting on that game was some B.S. The lack of diversity was annoying as well. Everyone wearing the same thing, with the same character models, with very little difference got really, really old.

So am I the only one who played?
  2. FFXI is old school?

25 is too young to feel this old
  3. Considering it's almost 14 years old, I'd say it's pretty old school. It's younger than my oldest daughter. o.o
  4. I was about to say. Old school?`Shit. I'm old.

But yeah. That shit was my jam back in the day.
  5. Relics that matter :^)
  6. They added reforged and artifact gear! I'm so excited. I just upgraded my pimp hat. =D
  7. I want Red Mage and Samurai in FFXIV. I want my pimp hat back. :(
  8. [​IMG]

Not as sexy as the reforged Relic hat, but I haven't had the guts to work on Dynamis yet. I need to break out my beast master. =/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.