Festival of the hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was easy to nitice tht she didn't want to talk about something from her past. Nova already guessed that her father is probably dead, but the last thing he would do is to actually ask that.
"You don't have to go into detail if you don't want to. Everyone has something they don't want to talk about, so don't feel forced. I know enough now."
A few moments later, they arrived at their destination.
PinnacleRocksEntry.png
Nova took a look around and noticed a sign. He went close to it and began to read out loud.
"Let's see...
Warning.
There are reports of an old man's ghost appearing here at Pinnacle Rocks.
We were unable to verify the rumor, but we recommend staying away from this area.

Lindblum Area 2 Security Corps
That's interesting. In other words, there is a good possibility that no people are coming here, which means no one comes here for treasure."
Nova seemed to be not really intimidated by the possibility of a ghost being around. Instead, he already started to take a look around for any treasure chests or items.

"There's not much to say. I hate my father," She said as they walked, "But that really isn't important." Luna then saw where they were and smiled. It was pretty and relaxing to her, looking out and seeing all the green simply made her smile. When he read the sign out loud she busted out in laughter. "People sure are dumb!" she giggled, "There's no such thing as ghosts! And even if there were, there's no need to be scared!" She grinned at him, "Ah well, their loss yeah?" She seemed more than willing to go in with him. To her, ghosts just seemed impossible and even if they were real it didn't scare her. It was the alive people that scared her.

"You're right that it's their loss, but you shouldn't be so sure that ghosts don't exist. But... Ah forget it. Make your own experiences."
After saying that, Nova and Luna began to search through the area. Most of this place was ether rocky, or covered in roots, so moving around was not easy for normal people. Luna and Nova with their precise movements had no problem whatsoever though. It took them a few hours to search through the area, and in the end they found some items in chests. A pair of daggers, one Hi-Potion, a belt, and 90 gil. Not the best bounty, but better than nothing. Nova and Luna went to the exit again after they were done.
"Well. Not what i expected, but we can get some money for the daggers and belt. The Hi-Potion might be useful for the Hunt. I just wish we would have found more money.
I guess that's everything. Let's head back. Or do you want to take a break first? We still have time, so chose what you prefer."

Luna looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "There isn't anything like ghosts," She said, "At least not that I've seen."
She followed after him finding it easy to walk on since she didn't wear shoes. They didn't find that much but it was better than nothing. She looked at him when he said that.
She shrugged and nodded. "Might've been nice but you take what you can get. I guess we could take a quick break. could take that time to talk a bit more," she said as she stood at his side, "I mean we don't know each other that well we might as well talk."

"You make a good point there. I don't have anything in my past that i want to talk about, so how about the future instead?"
Nova took a seat on a big root and thought about what to talk about. The hunt was probably not the best subject, so he decided to talk about something else.
"Got any plans for after the Festival of the Hunt is over? We two seem to work well together, so we could travel together for a while. I have two destinations.
One is Treno. It's a city to the east of this continent. Lots of rich people live there, and there is an item that is very needed. The noble who has it doesn't know about what it is though and keeps it as a decorative. Nothing but a waste if you ask me. Not gonna lie. It's not legal.
If that doesn't suit you, there is my main project. Did you know that there are other continents beside this mist continent? I've read stories about them. Usually the only way to get there is with a ship, but i can't afford one of those. There is another way though. There is most probably a connection road under the earth, build by some ancient civilization. I want to find it and see what the other continents are like. No one from the mist continent has been there for years, so there must be loads of treasure."

Luna listened to him talk about his plans and even inviting her along. It surprised her that he invited her along but she liked his ideas. She leaned a bit closer when he talked about his main project. A trip around the world which sounded interesting. She loved to travel, it was just something she'd always done.
"Either is fine by me but I'll warn you, I'm not a sneaky kinda person. In fact, people would more likely call me clumsy. I think I'd like traveling around with you. It certainly beats my plans....by which I mean I had no plan." She laughed a bit as she spoke. An adventure to find lost treasure sounded like a lot of fun. She'd help with his other plan but she couldn't be the one doing the stealing, she didn't have the agility and careful nature for that.

Nova nodded to her words and looked into the distance. Having someone to rely on from now on would be a good thing.
"Alright. Then let's get moving. The nights in this area are dangerous."
The sun was already setting down as they talked, so they had to hurry up a little. After a while of walking and 3 fights, they arrived at the Dragon Gate, which was the place they met at in the first place. The stores were still open, and Nova sold what they have found to one of the shop owners.
After that was done, they had about 500 Gil, and the Hi-Potion.
"Here is your share."
Nova gave her 250Gil, and the Hi-Potion as well.
"Before you ask: It's my way of saying thanks for the company. Plus: Unlike you, i can heal myself."
Thesun was almost down, and unless they had some specific business to take care of, they should get to their rooms and rest for the Hunt tomorrow.

Luna smiled and nodded. "you're tellin me!" She laughed a bit, "I got caught outside one night. not fun stuff I tell ya!"
She enjoyed the walk back and when they finished at the shop she stretched. He gave her half the money and the Hi-potion.
She looked at him and smiled. "Logical! I like it!" She teased him, "Well, I'm gonna head to my room at the inn. Where are we meeting in the morning?"
Her tail flicked happily from side to side as she put away the potion and Gil.

"I doubt we will have the time to meet up tomorrow. I still have some preperations to do. Buying items and making mental maps of the districts. You should do the same.
Aside from that, you might want to get yourself a pair of shoes that fit your fighting style. That will probably take some time tomorrow. Weight, fit, material. Testing all available combinations will probably take some time. With 500 Gil, you should be able to get something nice."
Nova held his hand to Luna after he was done.
"Just to make this clear. We will be rivals tomorrow, so give it your best shot."
They may not have spend much time with each other, but Nova respected her level of skill, and knew that she would be a good hunter tomorrow. With that, she earned his respect.

Luna looked at him and nodded. "Alright," She smiled and took his hand, "Thanks for the advice. I might just take it!"
She smiled and shook his hand. She didn't care if she won of lost, she just wanted to go out there and hunt.
It was going to be a good fight, she could tell he was pretty smart with the advice he was giving her. Soon they'd both be fighting all kinds of monsters in a big festival, the thought excited her! Once she let go of his hand she started to head off. She didn't have much to say and really just wanted to get to bed. She was quick on her feet and soon seemed to vanish among the crowd. She managed to fight her way though the crowds and got back to her room. She lay down on her bed and sighed, almost too excited to sleep.

After the handshake, Nolan turned around and went to the shops one last time. He bought some potions and antidotes, just in case, and then he went to his INN. Tomorrow was important, and because of excitement, he was not able to fall asleep as fast as he should. After a while, he finally went to the land of dreams.
On the next day, the hunters gathered at the castle district. Each could say that they wanted as reward to the king himself. If they would succeed, they would get their reward, as well as an honorary title. The next point where the rules, which were pretty simple.
-For each slain monster, the hunter who delivers the finishing blow is rewarded with points equal to the monster's strength.
-The hunters have 15 Minutes to search each district for monsters and defeat them. Any monsters slain after the time limit will not reward the hunter with points.
-Fighting another hunter is one thing, but defeating one is not rewarded with points. The best thing it will do is waste valuable time.

After everything was explained, each hunter was given a personal air cab. It was a 1 person plane that would bring someone from one district to another. The only bad thing about it was that it could only land at the air cab stations.
The final seconds were counted down as everyone waited by their station, and when the 0 came, each hunter rushed into their air cab to travel ether to the market district, theater district, or the business district.

Nolan tried his luck with the business district and planned to save the market for the last. As soon as he arrived, there were already monsters running through the streets and flying through the air. He summoned his sword and began hunting down one after another. His point progress was steady, and he was able to keep himself in the top 3.

Luna hurried into her air cab and decided to try her luck in the residential area first. Once there she noticed that it seemed a little quiet. She started to walk around, just taking in the city for now. It was nice not to see a bunch of people around and soon she started to climb up the buildings to see if she could find a better vantage point. She nearly fell a couple times but managed to get up on a rooftop. It seemed like today was going to be a nice day, at least in her opinion. She wasn't in it to win, she was in it for fun. She started to look around being careful not to fall, the last thing she needed to do was fall and hit her head.

Status
Not open for further replies.