Feel Good (Better) Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hana

wandering thoughts
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
So due to some distressing experiences this week, I have been listening more and more to music as a way of working off stress. ^^

When you are down or need a pick me up from a recent bout of sadness or depression, what music do you like to go listen to? Share in the thread below! I like discovering new artists or music.​

I like dis one.

Reactions: Esmeray and Hana
I usually don't listen to songs with lyrics when I'm in a blue mood or a pensive one.

Adrian von Ziegler's music always helps me feel better. There are so many I could post, so I'll just put my favourite of his here.

And then there's this song, the name of which suits it so well. Amethystium's Strangely Beautiful.

There are quite a few Undertale OSTs that immediately put a smile on my face. My favourite is this one.

And last I'll post this. For some reason, it always gets me out of a writing slump. Thanks to @Dervish for introducing it to me. :bsmile:

I'm just gonna throw in a lot of vastly different genres since I have no idea what type of music you listen to :)

This is an acoustic version of a punk rock song thats super sweet:

This is a relatively old Korean song. If anything the music video might make you laugh :P

This is 8-bit esque music that I sometimes listen to when I'm focused on gaming or just having something pleasant and energetic in the background. Idk if its your cup of tea

Reactions: Hana
Uhhh...well, these songs make me feel better, although they are probably not for everyone, especially for feel good music.
And this song makes me feel like I can do anything.

I listen to this on repeat when i feel sad because it has an infectious rhythm and gets u MOVIN

also my entire spotify playlist is feel good 80s songs because like thats my music taste lmao

I usually don't listen to songs with lyrics when I'm in a blue mood or a pensive one.

Adrian von Ziegler's music always helps me feel better. There are so many I could post, so I'll just put my favourite of his here.

And then there's this song, the name of which suits it so well. Amethystium's Strangely Beautiful.

There are quite a few Undertale OSTs that immediately put a smile on my face. My favourite is this one.

And last I'll post this. For some reason, it always gets me out of a writing slump. Thanks to @Dervish for introducing it to me. :bsmile:
TENGERR CHAVALRY.
I am not sure if I was the one to introduce him to them...

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
TENGERR CHAVALRY.
I am not sure if I was the one to introduce him to them...
The other one I really like and found on my own is called Khan. I like the mellowness suddenly changing to hardcore in an instant. :bsmile:

@Hana you know of Gregory and the Hawk? Bruh, the only other person I've ever known to be aware of their existence was the person who first linked me to one of their songs. So good. :D

Anyway, I like to go for weird stuff for feel good music. Generally peppy upbeat music can work, but things that are little odd and not quite in line with my normal listening habits are even better for me. I guess they sort of kick me out of the rut by force by making me pay attention to the music. For example, here are some songs that almost never fail to lift my mood no matter where it was before I put the song on:

This one makes me thing of some kind of creepy Russian carnival and it pleases me.

Carol of the Bells is my favorite song for the Christmas season, and this version of it is weird but amazing.

And then there's this one. I don't listen to any other glam metal type stuff, but this fucking song... I just can't resist it, and the video doubles up on the effect (which starts off with a naked but censored dude getting out of a hot tub thing, so fair warning on that). I just can't help but get into it and start lip syncing along with the lyrics a bit. It's such a goofy fun song, and if I listen to it and I'm still in a shitty mood then I'm in some kind of funk that music cannot cure. :P

@Hana you know of Gregory and the Hawk? Bruh, the only other person I've ever known to be aware of their existence was the person who first linked me to one of their songs. So good. :D
I actually just discovered them earlier this week, listened to the whole album in one go. ^_^ Added them to my 'Rare Finds' playlist, lol.

Reactions: Hana and Jorick
I actually just discovered them earlier this week, listened to the whole album in one go. ^_^ Added them to my 'Rare Finds' playlist, lol.
I also discovered them last week, lol, and I really enjoyed going through the entire album. Their music makes me happy.

Retrowave this good makes me feel so much better afterwards.

Van Halen always improves my mood so much.

No Rotten Apple will ever spoil your fun :D.

Bit of an odd choice, maybe, but;

This is kind of my processing song, or at least one of them (they all are post-rock anyway) which is then followed by something like

or

Depending on whether it's time to calm down or nurture positive energy.

I'm not really sure if this is helpful because I don't know your musical taste very well (except that one album that you linked, which is playing now, I like it) but this is what I tend to use.

This one is probably the single best song I have for cheering myself up; it helps to remind me why I even bother with life in the first place.

Always been a huge fan of the Portal series, I recently had the urge to play the game again so this song has been on my mind for the past few days and it just wouldn't feel right if I didn't at least mention it.

Oh, and of course it wouldn't be me if I didn't list off at least one Vocaloid song.

Status
Not open for further replies.