Fear The Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
It dragged on a bit for me, but overall it was good. I liked the relationship between the characters. I did however dislike the fact that it took forever for them to introduce the virus.

It dragged on a bit for me, but overall it was good. I liked the relationship between the characters. I did however dislike the fact that it took forever for them to introduce the virus.
I don't get this reasoning at all. Its about how it all started, if you want straight up zombie mash, you got the main series. The entire point of it is to show it gradually emerge and build it up.

I don't get this reasoning at all. Its about how it all started, if you want straight up zombie mash, you got the main series. The entire point of it is to show it gradually emerge and build it up.
I understand that. I'm saying that, they're trying to establish a world that we've already seen in the main series. The difference being that this is the start of the virus. I'm not saying there has to be zombies up the wazoo, but to start up a series called Fear of the Walking Dead, there wasn't much fear until the last twenty minutes, and mostly with the eldest son character.

I understand that. I'm saying that, they're trying to establish a world that we've already seen in the main series. The difference being that this is the start of the virus. I'm not saying there has to be zombies up the wazoo, but to start up a series called Fear of the Walking Dead, there wasn't much fear until the last twenty minutes, and mostly with the eldest son character.
They showed zombies in the first few minutes man. The rest is one of the protags trying to wrap his mind around what he saw in a world where officially that shit doesn't exist yet. And there were scenes that subtly and skillfully hinting to shit hitting the fan. Like the old man dying, the way the hospital staff freaked out. They knew.

Hopefully the old man in question was not a major character because I have yet to log into amc to see this entirely.

A'IGHT, FINALLY GOT ROUND TO WATCHING THIS SHIT.

It's actually a pretty intriguing start, I'll admit. Solid cast, good premise and I like the fact that they didn't feel the need to rush into the whole "ZAMBEES AND THE END OF CIVILISATION OH MUH GAWD" thing. Slow burner, and all that.

Frank Dillane's character, Nick, is probably the stand-out of the show so far. A lot of that first episode was riding on his performance, and he really hit it out the park. Hurray for up-and-coming British actors, and all that. It was a nice wee nod that they made to the church scene of 28 Days Later with their opening segment, even though it feels like they didn't take any lessons from it. Danny Boyle managed to create a massive amount of tension with his scene despite having a fraction of FtWD's budget, because he knew how to utilise camerawork and sound design.

Seriously, modern horror directors? Silence is a powerful tool. You don't need to have rising violin shrieks and sudden loud noises to create atmosphere.

That aside, solid start to the series. Here's hoping they don't fuck it up, like they did with The Walking Dead.

I'll say I liked it a lot myself. I know some people feel it started off slow, but as many of you said it's not gonna start off as a full-on zombie explosion, but something that slowly starts to happen before it finally explodes.

Anyhow, there's a new episode coming on tonight! Let me know what y'all think. :) It looks like this episode is going to show more of the zombie stuffs now so it might pick up for people who thought it was slow... But yeah, guys, let me know what you think! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.