FE: Fates

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gwazi Magnum - The dual system is still in, but enemy units make use of it too now. Usually less effective than if you use it, but it has been a pain for me more than a couple of times.

--

The localization is stupid. Depressingly stupid, in some instances, such as characters being changed to be LOLRANDOM or dialogue trying too hard to be inoffensive. There's a lot of pointless name changes too. The -one- name change I could kind of understand is Marx being changed to Xander, but even then it feels pretty unnecessary to me. I mean, a few of them just added or removed a single silent letter. OH, and on the petting removal.. Not sure if it was an oversight, but a small portion of it is still in. There's a recurring scene in which you blow on the screen to cool off your waifu/husbando after their bath [No, that's not a joke], and another that has you use the stylus to wake them.

Still so, I don't regret picking the game up. The combat is still fun and the art is fantastic. Feels like I'm underselling it, but it's worth giving a try, I think.

@Gwazi Magnum - The dual system is still in, but enemy units make use of it too now. Usually less effective than if you use it, but it has been a pain for me more than a couple of times.
Interesting. How many units can you usually use per mission though?
Cause another part of dual I hated (which I forgot to mention earlier) was how it effectively cut your available units in half, meaning a lot less formations could be used.
OH, and on the petting removal.. Not sure if it was an oversight, but a small portion of it is still in. There's a recurring scene in which you blow on the screen to cool off your waifu/husbando after their bath [No, that's not a joke], and another that has you use the stylus to wake them.
Petting system?
What?

What is this?
I don't even.

Interesting. How many units can you usually use per mission though?
Cause another part of dual I hated (which I forgot to mention earlier) was how it effectively cut your available units in half, meaning a lot less formations could be used.

Petting system?
What?

What is this?
I don't even.
Well, the current chapter I'm on allows fourteen units. To me it doesn't seem like the bonuses you get for pairing are amazing though, but I could just be unlucky.

And yeah, you can invite a character to your private quarters [I think once after each battle] to slightly raise your support with them. In the original version, you'd use the stylus to pet their face/hair, but in the US version it skips that segment and they just appear onscreen long enough to say a short line. Thankfully, supports are still primarily made by having your units fight in adjacent tiles or while paired.

Oh, that's another thing. I dunno if actually pairing up increases the bonuses, but units will still help eachother in battles if they're in adjacent tiles. I forget if it was like that in Awakening, but yeah.

Well, the current chapter I'm on allows fourteen units.
How far in the game are you? Because that can be really nice, or dead on average depending.
To me it doesn't seem like the bonuses you get for pairing are amazing though, but I could just be unlucky.
In Awakening usually the bonuses are scattered if you just pair two random people together.
Similar Classes = Stacking Bonuses.
Plus a higher support level = Higher Bonuses.

Early game or even late game if you don't bother with supports much the pair up is actually pretty balanced.
It's once you start building supports that the pair up get's ridiculous.
And yeah, you can invite a character to your private quarters [I think once after each battle] to slightly raise your support with them. In the original version, you'd use the stylus to pet their face/hair, but in the US version it skips that segment and they just appear onscreen long enough to say a short line. Thankfully, supports are still primarily made by having your units fight in adjacent tiles or while paired.
So they basically had a molestation mini-game?
Oh, that's another thing. I dunno if actually pairing up increases the bonuses, but units will still help eachother in battles if they're in adjacent tiles. I forget if it was like that in Awakening, but yeah.
In Awakening bonuses were never given by being adjacent, but the aid another stuff would still happen.

How far in the game are you? Because that can be really nice, or dead on average depending.

In Awakening usually the bonuses are scattered if you just pair two random people together.
Similar Classes = Stacking Bonuses.
Plus a higher support level = Higher Bonuses.

Early game or even late game if you don't bother with supports much the pair up is actually pretty balanced.
It's once you start building supports that the pair up get's ridiculous.

So they basically had a molestation mini-game?

In Awakening bonuses were never given by being adjacent, but the aid another stuff would still happen.
I'm pretty far in, I think. Just finished chapter twenty a bit earlier today.

I may just be doing something wrong, but it seems like you can still get screwed over pretty easily even when paired with S-Rank supports.

"Molestation mini-game" doesn't seem too inaccurate, but I don't think it allowed you to go any lower than like the shoulders or something. Tbh just seemed kinda awkward, rather than offensive or whatev. Besides, the private quarters bonding thing is totally optional.

Sorry this reply is lazy, I'm tired.

Molestation mini-game would imply said characters in the game are unwilling

Fire Emblem: Fates...

Its okay...

>.> (Birthright/Hoshido is the only proper choice you monsters)

Wasn't there a conversation that got changed from being an actual conversation to just two characters looking at each other and going "...." over and over. Now that is just idiocy. Why even do this?

Reactions: LVL1337N00B
I just finished Conquest the other day and I enjoyed it fully, the stage hazards were pretty fun as well as the different situations you were place in(looking at you foxes). As far as the localization goes I'm fine with it everything is still intact the core gameplay is still there. The challenge on managing your units growth as you battle through hordes of soldiers, monsters and even your siblings with no chance to grind(At least in Conquest without the DLC) and getting attached to certain characters as you play on(Xander is my boy and Camilla is my Wyvern riding savior). If no one even brought up about the changes they were going to make I think personally not a lot of people would care. As for the petting thing I would probably skip that after a few times of doing it whether its there or not doesn't make too much of a difference and well it would probably get pretty annoying after awhile. Now I'm playing through birthright and its nice and easy like awakening but I still prefer Conquest as it really lays the smack down on you but in a fair kind of way and the story is much more compelling.

Wasn't there a conversation that got changed from being an actual conversation to just two characters looking at each other and going "...." over and over. Now that is just idiocy. Why even do this?
Entire characters were removed or re-written.
The conversation you're talking about was 14 or so back an forth pages between the two. It's pretty sad that gutted characters are required for a game like this to be released outside its home country.

On another note. My wife got the 'neutral' dlc or something coming soon. Two games. Three routes?

Fire Emblem: Fates...

Its okay...

>.> (Birthright/Hoshido is the only proper choice you monsters)
You dare reject Camilla's bosom? You shall pay for your betrayal!

Breasts wont sway me from the path of killing Nohrians.
They were the only reason I bought Conquest in the first place.
Uh, I mean, for Nohr, Hoshidan scum!

I'm pretty far in, I think. Just finished chapter twenty a bit earlier today.
14 is pretty standard then... Which means with Pair Up my formations is still quite limited. :/
I may just be doing something wrong, but it seems like you can still get screwed over pretty easily even when paired with S-Rank supports.
I'd have to dig into the game myself before saying much here.
All I can suggest for now is keep it to the same class, or at least classes that rely on the same stats.
Tbh just seemed kinda awkward, rather than offensive or whatev.
I wasn't saying it was offensive. :P
I was just adding an affectionately teasing name to it.
Molestation mini-game would imply said characters in the game are unwilling
Oh fine! :(
How about "Feel you up" mini-game?

@Gwazi Magnum - That last thing you quoted wasn't me, yo. Just finished my first playthrough, by the way. My main character got wrecked hard in the last chapter, due to the boss being a class that is rly good against the one I chose. Sorry I didn't respond better, I'm sleepy.

Entire characters were removed or re-written.
The conversation you're talking about was 14 or so back an forth pages between the two. It's pretty sad that gutted characters are required for a game like this to be released outside its home country.

On another note. My wife got the 'neutral' dlc or something coming soon. Two games. Three routes?
so...they gutted the conversation?

Status
Not open for further replies.