Favourite voice actors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cerebellumonster Yes, I have. So far only minor things that I'd rather not share because, lol, cringe worthy. But I'm working on stuff that's in production. Anyways, what kind of accent do you have? I'm sure it's not as bad as you make it out to be, lol.

Also, so this thread doesn't become a chat room, another one of my favorite voice artists has to be Cecil Baldwin. He voices the character in my avatar and signature, Cecil Gershwin Palmer, from Welcome to Night Vale. His voice is...something else. Low, calm, relaxing. Tone shifts are pretty good as well. Certainly an inspiration. If you have the time, and you are interested in hearing his voice, I suggest listening to the first episode of Welcome to Night Vale.

@Expllo Aha that's fine. I have the cursed Australian accent! Sometimes I'm like "Eh this isn't too bad" but then I hear recordings of myself and.. oh boy.

Oh I have always intended on listening to Welcome to Night Vale, but kept forgetting. I'll listen now!

@Cerebellumonster Well, some video games and animations call for those accents. You never know what may come up. But in the end, acting is more important than the voice. Remember that ;) and I hope you have fun listening! :D

Back on top, Bob Bergen! I don't need to say much about him I hope. But if you don't know the guy then this can get you introduced.

@Expllo If I have money and time in the future I might just look into getting professional training for my accent. I always cringe when I hear Australian accents in things, they sound so out of place! Thanks for the help.
Oh yeah, a classic voice actor!

I don't know anything about animu voice actors.

My favorite voice actor overall is probably John DiMaggio. Also a big fan of Patrick Warburton.

Reactions: K3l
Fluffy got to it before me in naming some of my faves.

John DiMaggio.
Patrick Warburton.
H. John Benjamin.
Kevin Conroy.
George Newbern.
Dana Snyder.

Those immediately come to mind for me. I don't watch a lot of that anime stuff, so I don't know anything from there.

posting this before Raz finds the thread:

Kevin "I'm the God Damn Batman" Conroy

We're not limiting it to just animated shows, are we?

Because Patrick Stewart is my favorite voice actor. Here's him, voice-acting as Uriel Septim in Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Nobuyuki Hiyama hands down has the best attack yell in the industry.

He's also Viral (Gurenn Lagann), Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho), Sanageyama (Kill La Kill), Link (Legend of Zelda), Teppei Takamiy (B't X) among others.

I'll put the sources I know the voice actors from with them, but obviously not comprehensive.

In no particular order...

Alix Wilton Regan (Samantha Traynor, Mass Effect 3, and one of the possible voices for a female Inquisitor in Dragon Age: Inquisition)

Ashley Johnson (Ellie, The Last of Us)

Troy Baker (Joel, The Last of Us, and Booker, Bioshock Infinite)

Jennifer Hale (Femshep, Mass Effect)

Mark Hamil (Joker, of course)

James Spader (I only know him from Age of Ultron but goddamn did he make the character for me; I can honestly say I would have liked the movie a lot less if he hadn't been Ultron's voice)

Jennifer Hale really deserves more recognition.

I'm a little partial to James Earl Jones, for Mufasa, Darth Vader, and a little known ps1 game he did.

Travis Willingham , Vic Mignona, Gideon Emery, Greg Elis, Vic Mignona, Steve Blum, Steve Valentine, Laura Bailey, Tara Strong, Colleen Klinkenbeard, Troy Baker

I can't speak for anime, but in other places:

Simon Pegg - Fable 3
Mark Meer - Mass Effect

Ron Perlman: Opening narration for the Fallout games. War... War never changes

Nolan North: I prefer him to Troy Baker.

I don't really have any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.